PDA

View Full Version : Next Night Revels event Reaper Armor Cosmetic upgrade

JOTMON
07-31-2017, 08:07 PM
During the last Reaper event we had a new cosmetic armor added, which was a big hit..

http://ddowiki.com/images/Reaper%27s_Platemail_shown.png

For the next round of the event I would like to see an upgrade option that adds a hair dye slot to the cosmetic that changes the blue to whatever color the hair dye is..

This way we get customizable coloring for the Reaper armors and a use for hair dyes..

Annex
08-01-2017, 02:13 AM
While they're at it...

More cosmetic outfits
More hair styles
More appearance options

Make hair styles a permanent item we can drop in the helmet slot.

JOTMON
08-01-2017, 08:12 AM
and a Docent version of the Reaper cosmetic armor for the forges...
...somehow they got missed in the event...

While they're at it...

More cosmetic outfits
More hair styles
More appearance options

Make hair styles a permanent item we can drop in the helmet slot.

Lots of cosmetic stuff should be done for the game..

Cosmetic Storage Revamp

Is it possible to revamp the cosmetics so they go into a Cosmetic inventory based on the cuti-pet inventory..
Instead of all these regular inventory slot based cosmetics scattered all over the place ..
Consolidate them all into the same format as the pet inventory. a tab on the inventory sheet accessible by all the toons on the account..

Could do something like this for our permanent pet/hirelings as well...
Panthers, owlber whistles, new one coming for Feb... we don't need all these to be BTC pet summinings on every character...
put them into a cuti-pet inventory that is account based... then once the ticket is used it is added to the pool.

Cosmetic skins for the Iron Defenders..
~ iron defender in sheeps clothing...
~skin packs... Wolf, dog, bear, lions, etc..

Colour dyes for druid animal pets..
~why cant hair dyes be used on pets..

Annex
08-01-2017, 08:54 PM
I was surprised to learn that Star Wars: The Old Republic generates a huge amount of revenue through their in game store selling cosmetic items--outfits, mounts, cosmetic weapons, pets, permanent hirelings, titles, emotes, housing furniture, and character portrait frames. To keep people buying they sell these item like baseball card packs--each pack contains a random array of 4 to 5 items. All items are salable via the auction house, creating a strong game economy. They also added a really slick collections system to track ownership.

Anyway, yes to all things cosmetic. A formal evening dress would be lovely.

PsychoBlonde
08-01-2017, 10:47 PM
I was surprised to learn that Star Wars: The Old Republic generates a huge amount of revenue through their in game store selling cosmetic items--outfits, mounts, cosmetic weapons, pets, permanent hirelings, titles, emotes, housing furniture, and character portrait frames. To keep people buying they sell these item like baseball card packs--each pack contains a random array of 4 to 5 items. All items are salable via the auction house, creating a strong game economy. They also added a really slick collections system to track ownership.

Anyway, yes to all things cosmetic. A formal evening dress would be lovely.

The problem is that their focus on selling cosmetics caused them to basically ditch releasing new raids, and they started to hemorrhage players.

I like cosmetics but I wouldn't point to anything in SWTOR as wise management of an MMO.

I think cosmetic armor dye might be pretty good, though, if it was something you could use on most cosmetic armors (or only non-glamered ones). There are a lot of armors in the game that would be seriously awesome-looking IF THE DANG COLORS MATCHED.

Aelonwy
08-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Armor dye, cosmetic or otherwise has been asked for in this game since at least as far back as I began playing... fall of '09. The trouble is they didn't setup their armor system with that sort of convenience in mind, neither for themselves or for their players. I don't believe they can retool their system at this point.

Annex
08-02-2017, 12:20 PM
The problem is that their focus on selling cosmetics caused them to basically ditch releasing new raids, and they started to hemorrhage players.

I like cosmetics but I wouldn't point to anything in SWTOR as wise management of an MMO.

I think cosmetic armor dye might be pretty good, though, if it was something you could use on most cosmetic armors (or only non-glamered ones). There are a lot of armors in the game that would be seriously awesome-looking IF THE DANG COLORS MATCHED.

I must respectfully disagree. :D In my opinion, the cosmetics and collection system I refer to was the best thing about that entire game. To be clear, I am not suggesting the developers focus _all_ their efforts on cosmetic enhancements. However pleasant cosmetic items demonstrably encourage collecting and bring people back. We need lots more people coming back because group players are not in their happy place.

Vexie the Dagger: You said 'demonstrably' again.
Sophie the Cat Burglar: I know. I am trying to sound intelligent.
Vexie the Dagger: You should say, 'Blue beholders burp bored brownie bakers'.
Sophie the Cat Burglar: What? Why would I say that?
Vexie the Dagger: You are my cute, bubble-headed sidekick. I do not want people to get the wrong impression.

JOTMON
10-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Night Revals is here.. and we have a red version of the previous cosmetic..
Farming keys to add to the cosmetic collection...

Still no forged love though.. maybe next year...