PDA

View Full Version : Make Caught in the Web flagging more PUG-friendly

TDarkchylde
07-23-2017, 06:51 PM
With the advent of Racial Reincarnation, and with Reaper XP being poor in Epics, it's understandable that there's been a precipitous drop in Epic-level LFMs in recent months.

The flagging mechanics for Caught in the Web make no sense in this environment of inability to fill Epic-level groups. If you start on the first chain, you might get lucky and get the other chains done too. If you have to stop halfway for whatever reason and pick up later, however, you're going to find it hard to get a group for the second chain, and nigh-on impossible to get a group for the third, simply because you have to complete one chain to get the ability to take the next.

My suggestion is to have all three flagging chains opened up right away, for ease of finding groups. I'm not suggesting to require less of the quests themselves for flagging for the raid - just to make it easier to find groups for the later chains by no longer requiring the first to be complete for the second or third, and the second for the third.

valkrei
07-23-2017, 07:02 PM
With the advent of Racial Reincarnation, and with Reaper XP being poor in Epics, it's understandable that there's been a precipitous drop in Epic-level LFMs in recent months.

The flagging mechanics for Caught in the Web make no sense in this environment of inability to fill Epic-level groups. If you start on the first chain, you might get lucky. If you have to stop halfway for whatever reason and pick up later, however, you're going to find it hard to get a group for the second chain, and nigh-on impossible to get a group for the third, simply because you have to complete one chain to get the ability to take the next.

My suggestion is to have all three flagging chains opened up right away, for ease of finding groups. I'm not suggesting to require less of the quests themselves for flagging for the raid - just to make it easier to find groups for the later chains by no longer requiring the first to be complete for the second or third, and the second for the third. I flagged it at level 30 solo on normal. The best fix is the game gives you a key chain, and instead of a flag, you just add to the key chain. They Keys never go away and persist through TR and ER. Reflagging is DUMB Period.

Enoach
07-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Flagging by quest completion mechanics need to be modified "Auto-flagging".

Raids that have these continued to next life flagging mechanics are Titan (Sigil) & DQ (3 collectable items which can be saved)

Personally, I don't think opening up the 3 sections to flag for the CitW will do enough to help find groups. The reason has to do with the Quests base levels as well as their access points.

PsychoBlonde
07-23-2017, 10:06 PM
It's a bunch of quests, but they're also very SHORT quests with good xp. I hit them this past week and had nary a problem filling groups. Plus, honestly, they're not that difficult even for soloing.

JOTMON
07-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Or implement some alternatives..

Astral Shard Flagging bypass
DDO store Flagging bypass..

could be useful for all the flagging raids..

Not flagged, NP.. buy a bypass.
Don't want to spend the money.. go flag...

Jasparion
07-24-2017, 12:16 AM
It's a bunch of quests, but they're also very SHORT quests with good xp. I hit them this past week and had nary a problem filling groups. Plus, honestly, they're not that difficult even for soloing.

I did them on Normal on a couple of toons. Doesnt take that long.

And the XP is good. I also ran around the Demonweb on my own for 35 or 40 minutes and got over 100k XP.