PDA

View Full Version : Buy packs for other people

Stoner81
07-22-2017, 05:51 PM
I don't think I have ever seen this so here goes...

We have Guest Passes which grant temporary access to various packs in the game, I am wondering if this could be taken further so that we could buy the full pack for somebody else and bestow it to them? My daughter has started playing and I have no desire whatsoever to leave my payment details in the account she has hence this idea.

Thank you.

Stoner81.

Kafanar
07-22-2017, 08:04 PM
You can't quite buy gift packs per se but you can go to the ddo market and buy point codes that are emailed to you and then use the point code on any account you like without any billing evidence ever being seen by the other persons account.

JOTMON
07-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Should be as simple as a checkbox in the DDO store checkout.. purchase for yourself or as a gift to someone else..
produces an in game token that can be mailed/traded to a player and consumed upon use.

Its a pretty common MMO store option on other games to buy in-game gifts to send to others..
gift packs are things players buy for others in games..

things like cosmetics.. why are they bound? they are cosmetics...
or anything else from the DDO store.. why BTA or BTC..
even things like Astral shards.. want to buy some and give to another player.. nope.. have to buy them yourself then have them list some [expletive] on the ASAH so you can buy it with the DDO 30% cut of course..

DDO is missing the boat on a lot of store type gift purchases..

EllisDee37
07-22-2017, 09:00 PM
We have Guest Passes which grant temporary access to various packs in the game, I am wondering if this could be taken further so that we could buy the full pack for somebody else and bestow it to them? My daughter has started playing and I have no desire whatsoever to leave my payment details in the account she has hence this idea.If you personally are doing it, when you purchase points in the store there's a checkbox that says "remember this credit card" or whatever. Be sure that box is unchecked and you should be good to go.

Otherwise, your only real option is to buy points in the DDO Market (https://store.turbine.com/ddo) and send her the code. The bummer part is that those point buys appear to just be the base amounts, with no bonus points.

Should be as simple as a checkbox in the DDO store checkout.. purchase for yourself or as a gift to someone else..
produces an in game token that can be mailed/traded to a player and consumed upon use.It would need to be a code, like you get from the DDO Market, instead of a mailable item.

And the checkbox would need to be a global deal at the top of the store, not at checkout, or you wouldn't be able to gift packs that you already own since you can't see owned packs in the store.

This would also be a nice feature for VIPs to allow them to buy packs on sale while still VIP. This is probably why they won't add such a feature, sadly.

Stoner81
07-23-2017, 04:35 AM
You can't quite buy gift packs per se but you can go to the ddo market and buy point codes that are emailed to you and then use the point code on any account you like without any billing evidence ever being seen by the other persons account.

The problem with that is that then there are left over points for the account which she would never use since I can give her pretty much everything she would need so it's not the best option by any means but I guess it's better than nothing.

produces an in game token that can be mailed/traded to a player and consumed upon use.

Its a pretty common MMO store option on other games to buy in-game gifts to send to others..
gift packs are things players buy for others in games..

things like cosmetics.. why are they bound? they are cosmetics...
or anything else from the DDO store.. why BTA or BTC..
even things like Astral shards.. want to buy some and give to another player.. nope.. have to buy them yourself then have them list some [expletive] on the ASAH so you can buy it with the DDO 30% cut of course..

DDO is missing the boat on a lot of store type gift purchases..

This is pretty much what I had imagined, Steam does something similar in that you choose at checkout if it's for yourself or somebody else. The game could ask for the persons username so as it can apply it to that persons account or it could be done using the guest pass sytsem maybe and just "cast" it on a character which enables the pack for the account which has that toon on it.

If you personally are doing it, when you purchase points in the store there's a checkbox that says "remember this credit card" or whatever. Be sure that box is unchecked and you should be good to go.

Otherwise, your only real option is to buy points in the DDO Market (https://store.turbine.com/ddo) and send her the code. The bummer part is that those point buys appear to just be the base amounts, with no bonus points.

It would need to be a code, like you get from the DDO Market, instead of a mailable item.

And the checkbox would need to be a global deal at the top of the store, not at checkout, or you wouldn't be able to gift packs that you already own since you can't see owned packs in the store.

This would also be a nice feature for VIPs to allow them to buy packs on sale while still VIP. This is probably why they won't add such a feature, sadly.

I use Paypal for all my store purchases but I get the idea ;) it really does grind my gears that the store is so limiting in so many ways about buying stuff for other people I had hoped many of these stupid systems would have been removed when the new store went live.

Stoner81.

C-Dog
07-23-2017, 05:16 PM
The problem with that is that then there are left over points for the account which she would never use since I can give her pretty much everything she would need so it's not the best option by any means but I guess it's better than nothing.
Well, she'll earn (some) points as she plays, which will add to whatever's left over - explain to her how it works, and let her buy something if/when she feels like it. Teach her about responsibility, or buyer's remorse, or something like that. :cool: