PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Pack Idea -- Wildsea Coastline / Ooze-based Daelkyr pack.

SoVeryBelgian
07-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Hey, Nonviolence here from Argo. I had previously suggested in an older thread some months ago about a pack involving Kyrzin / Kryzin the Daelkyr Prince of Ooze or at the very least a minor avatar of his
power or minion under his control (Like the Kryzinian Cubespawn from the Red Fens).

After the last 2 pack updates, I was kinda interested in re-pitching a concept at the very least seeing as Eberron is my favorite DnD setting (I don't mind the Forgotten Realms stuffus, especially some of the larger packs like Storm Horns and the new Mines of Tethyamar, but I really would like to see more of Xen'Drik or even Khorvaire). I mean we have Everice, the Shadow Marches, The Mournlands, and the Mror Holds/Ironroot Mountains. Dungeon Punk FTW

Knowing this is a more open-ended (with quest locales) kind of scenario, I figured we could do either a lowbie pack (Level 6 or maybe 12) or make it an Epic only (Like the Estar Drow Chains that start AFTER you hit epic). Possibly level 26 or mebbe 28.

Anyway, the story premise would be that House Ghallanda wants to team up with the House Jorasco and House Deneith to establish a new Supply Route to a Colony on the opposite Coast. (Remember that Stormreach is located on the east side of the Horn of Xen'Drik, this new encampment would be on the opposite coastline, and north slightly, as if heading to Sorrowdusk (past Tangleroot)).

I'd Involve House Ghallanda since they're really the only completely unmentioned House in the game (d'Velderan has a Class Trainer, as does d'Tharashk alongside the two members in Lordsmarch, d'Sivis is Gnomes). Plus Ghallanda's purview is Mercantile, Hospitality (not healing but like, residences) and Industry.

There would be 4 Quests total :

1. Bandits Afoot :
Defend "X" Type Quest, in this case a supply line with Health per every piece of Caravan a la Desert Crossing as it trundles along to the destination, waves of mobs and forest creatures. I'd include a series of Opts like "Defeat the Mad Druid" and "Neutralize 150 aggressors" and "Defend all Caravans"/"At least 3 Caravans Survive" (There will be 9 of em).

2. Rainshield Outpost Defense :
Time Attack Type Quest, sorta like Devil Assault, but if you finish a wave, it speeds up so there's no delay. Also has you fixing walls and armaments around the base, 10 mins. Opts here would probably be "Repair All Ballista" (like ES Challenges) and "Repair all Walls", "Eliminate 8 Waves", "Defeat Red Name{s}".

3. Lurking Evils :
Long-Play Quest; First you have to investigate the disappearances of the Jorasco healer attache and his guards heading to a smaller village nearby. You quickly infer something
the way the towns residents are all Ill or shambling about. You discover the corrupt Mayor under the control of Sahuagin Necromancers but even after killing them you sense they weren't the true source of the infection. Suddenly, Oozes burst from the bodies of the dead Sahuagin, and up from the riverbed, corpses and coastline! You have to escape! Opts here would most likely be "Rescue all the Guards", "Destroy 200 Oozes", "Heal 10 Victims" and "Kill the Troglodyte Warchanter"

4. Bad Neighbors (alt : There goes the neighborhood) :
Beset by the hordes of ooze-controlled corpses, Bugbears, Bandit and Wildmen, House Ghallanda is second-guessing their settlement intentions. Before things fall apart, Tramzing d'Ghallanda sends you and Mist d'Jorasco with a contingent of Deneith Mercenaries to wipe the coastline clear of enemy forces and investigate rumors that a nearby sea cave is the source of all the Ooze. This one will include a secondary objective wherein you parlay with either the Bugbear Chief, Wildman High Shaman, or the Bandit Lord to curry favor with 1 to defeat the others. It'll require ordered skill rolls (IE, Intim > Bluff > Bluff or Diplo > Bluff > Intim etc). Then whoever is still alive accompanies you to the Sea Caves to face a massive slime and slime-possessed contingent of monsters. Opt for this one would be related to the skills rolls and how many people are rescued or convinced to assist like "Parlay with one of the Raider Leaders", "Crush the Opposition (Kill "x")", "Release the Razor Cats on the Camp", "Find out where the Ooze is coming from", and lastly "Defeat the Avatar of Kryzin".

As for the mobs in here :

Bandits Afoot --
(Human) Greyshank Warlock, Greyshank Footpad, Greyshank Sniper, Named : Eddard Stabwell, Fighter/Wiz
(Horc) Greyshank Brute, Greyshank Warchanter
(Felid) Razor Cat, Young Razor Cat
(Scorpion) Jungle Stalker, Chitinous Eater
(Troll) Blackheart Tracker, Blackheart Shaman
(Dwarf) Opt Named : Luzzuus Greenbeard, Druid

Rainshield Outpost Defense --
(Bugbear) Bugbear Assassin, Bugbear Dart-Thrower, Bugbear Warrior, Opt Named : Brok-tok Halftooth, Assassin
(Wildmen) Wildman Enchanter, Wildman Ruffian
(Scorpion) Jungle Stalker, Healing Scorpion
(Drow) Shadowcreeper Tempest, Shadowcreeper Wizard

Lurking Evil --
(Human) Greyshank Footpad, Crazed Villager, Crazed Village Guard, Infected Villager, Infected Village Guard, Named : Mayor Sternson, Zombie
(Sahuagin) Tidehunter Sorcerer, Tidehunter Whelp, Tidehunter Commander, Tidehunter Scout, Named : Tidehunter Necromancer, x3
(Troglodyte) Infected Troglodyte, Named : Ythhless Ssskrr, Warchanter
(Ooze) Black Pudding, Giant Seafoam Ooze, Crystal Ooze, Kryzinian Brain Eater

*Note the special circumstance is that when you kill an 'Infected' mob, you might catch a slime-related Disease, also an Ooze pops out from the body, just like the Zombie-into-Skeleton deal from Necro.

Bad Neighbors --
(Human) Infected Villager, Infected Footpad, Greyshank Warlock, Greyshank Footpad, Greyshank Sniper, Named : Stavalliere the Bandit Lord, Rogue/Fighter
(Horc) Greyshank Brute, Greyshank Warchanter
(Felid) Razor Cat, Young Razor Cat
(Wildmen) Infected Wildman, Wildman Enchanter, Wildman Ruffian, Named : High Shaman Wyartt Longspear, Cleric
(Bugbear) Infected Bubear, Bugbear Assassin, Bugbear Dart-Thrower, Bugbear Warrior, Named : Stormcaller, Bugbear Chieftain, Sorcerer
(Sahuagin) Infected Tidehunter Sorcerer, Infected Tidehunter Whelp, Infected Tidehunter Scout
(Ooze) Black Pudding, Giant Seafoam Ooze, Crystal Ooze, Kryzinian Brain Eater, Named : Avatar of Kryzin

I picked these types of mobs for variety but also a thematic kind of approach; Also bugbears are underappreciated as mobs!

Anyway, I've reached the end here with my speculation, but I'm still a bit stuck on loot. Assuming I go with ML 6 / Epic 26 (Or ML 12) the rewards would still be mostly Flavor / Glamer-Worthy.

As a base, the Armor is ALL Blueshine and the Weapons are all Densewood or Crystal + 1 Metal Type (Silver, Cold Iron, Flametouched Iron, Adamantine)

Bandits Afoot --

Dagger
Rough-Edged Shiv / ML 6 vr -- Armor Piercing, Acid Damage, Tendon Slice (Crystal) or ML 12 vr -- Armor Piercing, Deception, Tendon Slice, Acid Critical, Epic version adds Ooze effect from LGS (But no summon).

Buckler
Greenwood Buckler / ML 6 vr -- Sheltering, Dodge Bonus, +(x)DEX and Densewood or ML 12 vr -- Sheltering, Acid Resist, Dodge Bonus, no Caster penalty, Epic version adds Guardbreaking and +(x) DEX.

Bracers
Butcherboard Bracer / ML 6 vr -- Insight MRR, 5 DR-, False Life and Densewood or ML 12 vr -- Insight MRR, Quality MRR, False Life, Vitality, Epic version adds Profane MRR (mebbe Spell resist?)

Shortsword
Scorpion Tail Surprise / ML 6 vr -- Poison On-Hit, Lesser Paralysis (DC 15) or ML 12 vr -- Poison On-Hit, Deception, Paralysis (DC 17), Crit Poison, Epic version changes Paralysis to Greater (DC33)

Light Armor
Bugbear Skivvies / ML 6 vr -- Dodge Bonus, Vitality+20 in Colorless slot, Reflex Bonus or ML 12 vr -- Dodge Bonus, Blue Aug Slot, Reflex Bonus, Nimbleness, Epic version adds Thorn Guard, Colorless slot

Lurking Evil --

Morningstar
Breaker-Basher / ML 6 vr -- Bonus to Stun, Bonus to Sunder, +[W], Crit Bludgeon or ML 12 vr -- Combat Mastery, +[W], Crit Bludgeon, Epic version adds Greater Vorpal, Dispelling Strikes

Orb
Ooze-in-a-Jar / ML 6 vr -- Potency, Force Spell Power, Spell Pen or ML 12 vr -- Potency, Spell Pen, Insight Spell Pen, Epic version adds Force Spell Power

Greatclub
Muckpocalypse / ML 6 vr -- Ooze Bane, +[W] and Crystal or ML 12 vr -- Greater Ooze Bane, +[W] and Crystal, Epic Version adds Acid On-Hit, Crit Acid

Bad Neighbors --

Qstaff
Flexible Channeler / ML6 vr -- Bonus to Transmute (2) , Potency or ML 12 vr -- Bonus to Transmute (3) , Spell Pen, Potency, Epic version adds Bonus to Transmute (6) and Insight MRR

Falchion
Panicked Assault / ML6 vr -- Force On Hit, Crit Force, +[W] (like Ancient Greataxe) and is Crystal or ML 12 vr -- Force On-Hit, Crit Force, +[W], Doublestrike, Epic Version adds Metalline

Heavy Armor
Melted Plate / ML vr -- +(x) CON, Natural Armor Bonus, Stability (Neutral Only) or ML 12 vr -- +(x) CON, Natural Armor Bonus, Stability, Blue Slot, Epic version adds Ooze Guard (with Summons).

AND THAT'S THAT fer NOW. DO TELL ME WHAT YE THINK, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. GO EBERRON!

Questdoer
07-19-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't know anything about the lore, but I wouldn't be opposed to an ooze themed quest chain.

Heck, if I might be so bold here is an named item suggestion.

Ooze spitter
Repeating light crossbow
Damage 1d4 acid
Critical threat 20 x2

Conjure bolts: this item can be used to Conjure 1000 +1 bolts 10 times per rest.
Endless fuselage: this weapon fires continously without ever needing you to reload it.

Description this strange device dissolves bolts of wood into a steady stream of acidic goo.
It also seems to be generating it's own filth over time.

The_Human_Cypher
07-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Good ideas in this post, thanks for writing something this detailed.

SoVeryBelgian
07-29-2017, 12:34 AM
I don't know anything about the lore, but I wouldn't be opposed to an ooze themed quest chain.

Heck, if I might be so bold here is an named item suggestion.

Ooze spitter
Repeating light crossbow
Damage 1d4 acid
Critical threat 20 x2

Conjure bolts: this item can be used to Conjure 1000 +1 bolts 10 times per rest.
Endless fuselage: this weapon fires continously without ever needing you to reload it.

Description this strange device dissolves bolts of wood into a steady stream of acidic goo.
It also seems to be generating it's own filth over time.

I do like the idea for an Xbow with Ooze effects, but for weapon roundedness, I'd probably change it to a Longbow or Shortbow (I've included an updated idea for the 2nd quest below, see [ref 1] )

I think it would be best for the Quest Pack in mind to be epic-only at level 26 (EN) and 28 (EE) as a mid-point quest for those of us stuck around 22-26 who can't handle min-maxer quests on EE or R1 quite yet.

It's just more flavor to be had and all that.

I've re-specced some of the weps and armor as ML 26 and changed it so they'd be good enough to keep until 30 if you don't have better gear already, and not Core Stat-Heavy (Like a +whatever CHA item) so they can be shifted around in other slots. The key was to add Augs in the right place for versatility.

Bandits Afoot --

Dagger : Rough-Edged Shank / ML 26 : Evil Damage On-Hit, Phlebotomizing (Scaled), Slash Damage On-Crit, Finesse (like the Handaxe from Necro 4), Red Augment Slot. +Cold Iron

Buckler : Moss Covered Buckler / ML 26 : Dodge Bonus, Sheltering (Scaled), Insight Fort, Parrying (Scaled). +Densewood, Maybe Guardbreaking (Could be a simple buckler with a green effect on it, maybe some vines or something).

Bracers : Oaken Bracers / ML 26 : Insight MRR, Quality MRR, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot. +Densewood

Shortsword : Scorpion Tail Surprise / ML 26 : Poison Damage On-Hit, Poison Damage On-Crit, 'Sovereign' Paralyzing (DC 38?), Deception (Scaled). +Crystal (No breakdown from Ooze, seen as 'Glass' IG).

Light Armor : Bugbear Skivvies / ML 26 : Dodge Bonus, Nimbleness, Reflex Bonus (Scaled), False Life (Scaled), Colorless Augment Slot. +Blueshine

Morningstar : Breaker-Basher / ML 26 : Combat Mastery, +[W], Dispelling Strikes, Bludgeon Damage On-Crit, Maiming. +Crystal

Lurking Evil --

[ref 1] Longbow : Kryzinian Huntsman / ML 26 : Acid Damage On-Hit, Acid Damage On-Crit, Improved Destruction, DOT Effect (Like the Livewood Bow from GH, but scaled up like Black Dragon Bolt with stacking power scaled with 100% spellpower, up to 5 or 10 times I suppose, Red Augment Slot. +Crystal

Orb : Ooze-in-a-Jar / ML 26 : Orb Bonus, Potency, Insight Potency, Spell Pen (Scaled), Insight Spell Pen (Scaled). +Crystal

Greatclub : Muckpocalypse / ML 26 : Greater Ooze Bane, Acid Damage On-Hit, +[W], Bludgeon Damage On-Crit, Avalanche (Like the Qstaff from the Terminal Delirium Chain). +Crystal

Bad Neighbors --

Qstaff : Flexible Channeler / ML 26 : Threat Reduction (Scaled), Glaciation (Scaled), +Transmutation (Scaled, probably +6), Insight Transmutation (Scaled), Red Augment Slot. +Crystal

Falchion : Panicked Striker / ML 26 : Good Damage On-Hit, Chaotic Damage On-Crit, Evil Blast effect for Vorpal, +[W], Metalline, Red Augment Slot. +Metalline, so Crystal is included.

Heavy Armor : Liquidated Defense / ML 26 : +Vitality (Scaled), +Natural AC (Scaled), Stability (Neutral Only), Acid Guard, Thorn Guard, Blue Augment Slot. +Adamantine

I've also considered that a few other enemy types warrant at least some inclusion, namely

(Elementals) Jungle River Elemental - A water elemental with a greenish tint & Lichen-Covered Elemental - An earth elemental with a darkish color and green sprigs on its character model

(Bugbear) How could I forget this one, Panther-Mounted Bugbear Raiders. You had one in Red Fens. Would be a great enemy type.

(Plant) Deep Jungle Vine Horror - As much as I hate plant mobs, it would be a pretty characteristic inclusion.

As always, looking for feedback.