PDA

View Full Version : 12 Hour Matienence Gifts

BandVP
07-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Hey all!

Personally i do not mind the 12hr matienence as i would much rather have a day of no DDO, than a not as good as can be game experience. However i do understand the frustration this matienence brings. For example, after a stressful day you might wanna relax and play DDO, but you cannot unfortunately. I totally understand that, so i have an idea of how to keep players hhappy during this matienence. My idea is give them ingame gifts after this matienence.

Personally i would love one :) :P. This idea would work as if someone were to get a gift after the matienence, then they would not be as angry. Looking at the forums i can see many people saying WHERES OUR GIFT FOR A DAY OF NO DDO in my opinion, give them what they want. Ofcourse the gift needs to be reasonable and not game changing, but at the same time it cannot be something too low. Gifts are a great way to even out the 12hr matience. This is just my opinion, too be honest i dont really mind if we dont get gifts, i am just speaking out for those who do.

I would love to see your suggestions of gifts in the coments i will add them to this forum post, and mabye the DDO developers can do something like the anniversary, you have the choise to pick what you want. Have a good day all.

- [BandVP] 3hr 30% xp pot only 1
- [Parowan] 'I Survived Downtime' Cosmetic or Gold Dice Roll
- [Bjones0064] Free Lunch :D

parowan
07-19-2017, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't want to go too far with this. But even something small, like a free gold roll within 24 hrs after a big downtime, would be a nice acknowledgment.

Or some kind of "I survived downtime" cosmetic hat or something. It might just get trashed, but it's a gesture.

BandVP
07-19-2017, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't want to go too far with this. But even something small, like a free gold roll within 24 hrs after a big downtime, would be a nice acknowledgment.

Or some kind of "I survived downtime" cosmetic hat or something. It might just get trashed, but it's a gesture.

Yeah i totally agree, i firstly had the idea of the gold roll, but then i changed it. Ill add yours to the list. And i agree that the gift is something not too big, mabye a little gift like your cosmetic.Your idea is a great idea.

Have a good day

dragons1ayer74
07-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Even simpler...

Store Code: SORRYFORDOWNTIME

Vindraxx
07-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Even simpler...

I'm against people feeling entitled that they should get something because a game is in maintenance, but I actually think this is a good idea.

Typically when people can't play because of maintenance the thing they are most missing out on is experience. I'd support a coupon code that is good for two days for a free experience elixir of some sort based on the amount of downtime. It would:

A) Make people less mad about the downtime
B) Be an easy way to deliver the item to each player with minimal coding/dev time and...
C) Make people have to log back into the game after maintenance which helps keeping servers and grouping active

Mglaxix
07-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Wouldn't a Point Code be easier and let the player that feels slighted to choose what they want

psykopeta
07-19-2017, 03:12 PM
it's not a 12 h maintenance, it's releasing an update on thursday, after downtime on wednesday, fix on friday, patch on tuesday

if the update was released on tuesday, make the math of how much time you could have played in 1 week (hint, monday there should be maintenance in this week current example cause there was one right before the update)

so yes, maybe the few players that keep playing and supporting that game deserve some kind of explanation, apologies and why not? some gift

BandVP
07-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Even simpler...

haha yep lol xD

Arch-Necromancer
07-19-2017, 06:04 PM
They should at least keep the forum running on some backup server so we can at least hang around here and talk about the game if we can't play it...

bjones0064
07-19-2017, 06:16 PM
In the words of Robert Greene, "Depise a free lunch."

MacRighteous
07-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Hmmm?

I remember when the DDO community insisted - demanded - even begged, the game developers formerly known as Turbine (WB) for a weekly server restart to combat lag.

Also, pleading for prompt bug fixes with regular updates, patches and hotfixes have been a recurring theme on these forums since I started playing in 2008.

Now cue to the present: downtime gifts.... ***?

Regular server maintenance is the gift.
Remember game breaking lag? Remember duping? Remember long standing bugs that have been around so long that many people believe them to be WAI?......
Oh wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Seriously though, from my perspective, SSG is beginning to overcome the baggage that their former masters left them with... they are more communicative, they are listening to feedback more often, addressing more issues (even when they are not across the board popular fixes) they are putting out decent to excellent content with a potentially awesome expansion on the horizon - if they bring in Kobolds as a PC race, many of us will flip our **** -

I think instead of asking for freebies we all should immediately spend some mullah in the store to help support SSG so they can get our game back on track.

/Mac

KingKoz
07-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Give me a break!

Nonesuch2008
07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3vhfif.jpg

Jasparion
07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
If a 12 hour shutdown one day a week meant a massive reduction in bugs and lag and far more speedy releases of new stuff then I am all for it.

But can we make it Thursdays? We dont play Thursdays.

Sunnie
07-21-2017, 10:26 AM
If a 12 hour shutdown one day a week meant a massive reduction in bugs and lag and far more speedy releases of new stuff then I am all for it.

But can we make it Thursdays? We dont play Thursdays.
I do.

How about mondays? They're already awful so making them a little worse would hardly be noticeable.

Vindraxx
07-21-2017, 10:37 AM
I do.

How about mondays? They're already awful so making them a little worse would hardly be noticeable.

Mondays are a bad idea. A lot of people will take 3 day weekends or vacations and may want to play on Mondays. Downtime definitely makes the most sense at some point between Tuesday-Thursday.

BandVP
07-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't a Point Code be easier and let the player that feels slighted to choose what they want

Great Idea, however we don't want too much points as it can be game changing!

BandVP
07-23-2017, 02:48 PM
In the words of Robert Greene, "Depise a free lunch."

hmm, i quite fancy a Burger King :P

BandVP
07-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Hmmm?

I remember when the DDO community insisted - demanded - even begged, the game developers formerly known as Turbine (WB) for a weekly server restart to combat lag.

Also, pleading for prompt bug fixes with regular updates, patches and hotfixes have been a recurring theme on these forums since I started playing in 2008.

Now cue to the present: downtime gifts.... ***?

Regular server maintenance is the gift.
Remember game breaking lag? Remember duping? Remember long standing bugs that have been around so long that many people believe them to be WAI?......
Oh wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Seriously though, from my perspective, SSG is beginning to overcome the baggage that their former masters left them with... they are more communicative, they are listening to feedback more often, addressing more issues (even when they are not across the board popular fixes) they are putting out decent to excellent content with a potentially awesome expansion on the horizon - if they bring in Kobolds as a PC race, many of us will flip our **** -

I think instead of asking for freebies we all should immediately spend some mullah in the store to help support SSG so they can get our game back on track.

/Mac

Mac, im glad we think alike :D. I totally agree, this post is for the majority of players who wants gifts. I also believe that gifts arn't needed. I'd much rather have a good game with a day of no DDO then a game that is not at its full :)