PDA

View Full Version : new ideas for Iconic Heroes?

reyks4321
06-08-2017, 09:48 AM
post your ideas for Iconic Heroes.

my own is a druid infiltrator, witch pretty much means they are good at stealth.

so whats your ideas?

KoobTheProud
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Kobold Favored Soul, using Electric instead of Light with all Light spellpower boosts adding into Electric damage if they are higher than Electric spellpower. Light crit chance adding to Electric crit if it is higher. Effects triggered by Light spells also triggered by Electric spells.

Str -2, Dex, +2, Con -2, Wis +2.

SLA's: Shocking Grasp T1, Lightning Bolt T3, Chain Lightning T5.

Cores: Jump +10, Dex/Wis, Jump +10, Dex/Wis, Jump +10

PsychoBlonde
06-08-2017, 02:57 PM
The only non-premium classes left to do Iconics for are Barbarian, Bard, Sorcerer, and Ranger, so:

Drow Blademaster (ranger)
Dwarf Battlerager (barbarian)
Halfling Minstrel (bard)
Tiefling (or Kobold) Summoner (Sorcerer)

Selvera
06-08-2017, 03:27 PM

This makes so much sense it's not funny. It's hard to argue that any character is more iconic to D&D then Drizzt Do'Urden, a drow from forgotten realms. We have forgotten realms in the game, we have drow in our forgotten realms which are fundamentally a different race then our current ebberon drow; and we have "iconic" characters. It only makes sense that we have Drizzt... well, maybe not Drizzt due to copywrite (is this an issue? Do they have rights to him?), but we could at least have an iconic forgotten realms drow which is a tempest ranger. (Drizzt is a fighter/ranger who dual wields; but since our iconics are all single-class characters, I feel tempest ranger is a better representation then fighter).

unbongwah
06-08-2017, 04:13 PM
We had a thread about Ravenloft Iconic ideas (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486032-Should-Ravenloft-have-a-Vampire-Iconic). My vote (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486032-Should-Ravenloft-have-a-Vampire-Iconic?p=5966106&viewfull=1#post5966106) was for a Dhampir ranger who starts with archer gear, since it would fill a hole in the Iconic lineup - namely no Primal classes and no ranged Iconics.

PsychoBlonde
06-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Well, thus far all of the Iconics have been FR.

I'm working from the premise that a p2p class and a p2p race wouldn't work well together unless they bundled them so that you can't get the Druid iconic without also having the Druid class.

PsychoBlonde
06-08-2017, 08:18 PM
T It only makes sense that we have Drizzt... well, maybe not Drizzt due to copywrite (is this an issue? Do they have rights to him?), but we could at least have an iconic forgotten realms drow which is a tempest ranger. (Drizzt is a fighter/ranger who dual wields; but since our iconics are all single-class characters, I feel tempest ranger is a better representation then fighter).

You don't need rights to "Drizz't" to do an iconic drow ranger class.

Technically in the 3.5 FR sourcebooks Drizz't is officially a fighter/barbarian/ranger of Mielekki, btw.

Arch-Necromancer
06-09-2017, 09:14 AM
The only non-premium classes left to do Iconics for are Barbarian, Bard, Sorcerer, and Ranger, so:

Dwarf Battlerager (barbarian)
Halfling Minstrel (bard)
Tiefling (or Kobold) Summoner (Sorcerer)

Duergar Battlerager (barbarian)!

We have dark elves and deep gnomes so gray dwarves would complete the Underdark playable race set.

I think that tieflings and aasimar should be regular races (they seem to be most desired new races by the community).

Then after they make regular tiefling they could make a tiefling iconic that would look different then a regular tiefling.

We have two types of NPC tieflings in game (so I don't see the point in discussing how regular tieflings should look if they are made playable). We have normal-looking tieflings (humans with horns) and big fat ones (Shavarath Armorers from Chronoscope http://ddowiki.com/page/Shavarath_Armorer).

Tiefling iconic could look like that Armorer, just like human iconic purple dragon knight looks like a bigger stronger human. Or they could just make a new model that fits the class of that iconic (big fat tiefling doesn't make sense for a tiefling sorcerer iconic).

unbongwah
06-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Well, thus far all of the Iconics have been FR.
Except for Bladeforged. Also the original FR Iconics were tied to the release of Shadowfell, in part so you could make an Iconic toon and hop into the new content right away. So it would make sense to introduce a Ravenloft Iconic to go with the new expansion, IMO.

Talon_Moonshadow
06-09-2017, 03:11 PM
While I still (want to be :( ) a Ranger lover... and want an Elf of Half Elf Iconic Ranger...

The current game has me wanting Tiefling Warlock.

Arch-Necromancer
06-09-2017, 05:04 PM
While I still (want to be :( ) a Ranger lover... and want an Elf of Half Elf Iconic Ranger...

The current game has me wanting Tiefling Warlock.

Wood elf ranger
Duergar barbarian
Aasimar bard
Tiefling warlock

Some people wanted shapeshifters...

So maybe Rakshasa sorcerer iconic?

If they put rakshasa in the game we would have similar races to Elder Scrolls universe. Dragonborn are like Argonians, and Rakshasa would be like Khajiit. :)