PDA

View Full Version : Paladin and fighter barbarians upgrades needed

valkrei
06-03-2017, 11:41 PM
A few random ideas.

1. Give them all increased stacking movement speed to help compete with range dps.

2. Better PRR/MRR.

3. One of the issues I also have is the lack of AOE, or multi NPC dmg. So if that is not fixed then the single target DPS needs to be greatly increased. I have a first life warlock with decent gear and its mind blowing and fun to play. Then when I play my duel wielding toon with past lives and it's crazy how little DPS I can do. Need normal attacks to have a passive mini cleave type feature. That would help some.

4. There are way to many feats/enhancements that give +1 to hit/dmg and on pen and paper that is great, but in DDO its terrible. Simply change the numerical value to +3 for every +1.

5. Need a double strike feat.

6. Toughness feat needs upgraded in general. Same with epic toughness.

7. War cry's could be a cool thing in DDO to give a benefit to all in party.

8. I am just going to throw this one in even thought its technically a Drow feature. Why do i need 15 points into drow for envenomed blades? Way to high in a racial tree for this. it's only 1D8 dmg and a lot of NPCs resist or are immune.

9. Similar to cleric domain with exotic weapons, give fighters, paladins, barbs the same thing.

the_one_dwarfforged
06-04-2017, 12:10 AM
A few random ideas.

1. Give them all increased stacking movement speed to help compete with range dps.

2. Better PRR/MRR.

3. One of the issues I also have is the lack of AOE, or multi NPC dmg. So if that is not fixed then the single target DPS needs to be greatly increased. I have a first life warlock with decent gear and its mind blowing and fun to play. Then when I play my duel wielding toon with past lives and it's crazy how little DPS I can do. Need normal attacks to have a passive mini cleave type feature. That would help some.

4. There are way to many feats/enhancements that give +1 to hit/dmg and on pen and paper that is great, but in DDO its terrible. Simply change the numerical value to +3 for every +1.

8. I am just going to throw this one in even thought its technically a Drow feature. Why do i need 15 points into drow for envenomed blades? Way to high in a racial tree for this. it's only 1D8 dmg and a lot of NPCs resist or are immune.

9. Similar to cleric domain with exotic weapons, give fighters, paladins, barbs the same thing.

1) lol

2) lol

3) roflmao

4) possibly

5) lol

6) possibly

7) possibly

8) lol

9) what?

valkrei
06-04-2017, 12:34 AM
You have to read up on the cleric overhaul for #9.

Phil7
06-04-2017, 07:59 AM
A few random ideas.

2. Better PRR/MRR.

Most melee builds already have a movement speed boost either passive, from enhancements or action boosts and don't really need extra. Ranged toons need it more so they can kite mobs. And nowadays melees need a CC buddy in high reaper so mobs will be helpless for them so no need to run so far
My only suggestion has been to add a short burst in mov.speed (like +50% for 2 seconds) when a melee gets below 40% HP, so they can quickly jump out of the mob, heal and jump in again.

MRR is kind of unecessary because of evasion, except for a few builds like pure Fight/Barb/Pally, but that was never a big issue for them anyway.

If you dual wield and expect your AoE cleave-damage to compare to your warlock then you need to change ur build. Either splash ranger for DoD or change to THF/SWF for cleaves. TWF + cleaves is not a good combo forget it, use TWF only on boss fights or with DoD.
Also note that ur warlock (when cleaving) ignores a massive number of facts that are important to a melee. He only needs spellpower that's all.
Your melee needs dmg, accuracy, seeker, glancing blows dmg, DR, true seeing, ghostly, armor piercing and sometimes his action boost opened to 2-shot-cleave a group.
This is one of the reasons why warlocks are so broken in heroics, but that's a different story.

4+5: You want to add more dps to the already top-dps builds in the game. This is not going to solve anything. Melees along with Mechanics and Monkchers are already miles ahead of the rest in terms of DPS. And if Sam is right and reaper does indeed nerf ranged damage more than melee, then we definetly don't need more melee damage.
Actually I'm not sure why you are suggesting all of the above

6: No1 uses it anyway, except maybe tanks. A DPS builds takes dps-oriented feats and a tank build takes defensive feats, like Toughness. Why do you even care about Toughness?

7: need to google that

8: flavor, ingore it

9: Don't forget that the cleric loses a different Domain in order to get this feat. The only melee exotic weapon worth bothering with is Khopesh anyway and spending 1 feat to get it (or lose 20% to-hit) is well worth it. And what would be the point of it being an ''exotic'' weapon if they just handed it out to every1 for free?

Vish
06-04-2017, 08:17 AM
Ya,
Divine might needs to be 1ap

valkrei
06-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Most melee builds already have a movement speed boost either passive, from enhancements or action boosts and don't really need extra. Ranged toons need it more so they can kite mobs. And nowadays melees need a CC buddy in high reaper so mobs will be helpless for them so no need to run so far
My only suggestion has been to add a short burst in mov.speed (like +50% for 2 seconds) when a melee gets below 40% HP, so they can quickly jump out of the mob, heal and jump in again.

MRR is kind of unecessary because of evasion, except for a few builds like pure Fight/Barb/Pally, but that was never a big issue for them anyway.

If you dual wield and expect your AoE cleave-damage to compare to your warlock then you need to change ur build. Either splash ranger for DoD or change to THF/SWF for cleaves. TWF + cleaves is not a good combo forget it, use TWF only on boss fights or with DoD.
Also note that ur warlock (when cleaving) ignores a massive number of facts that are important to a melee. He only needs spellpower that's all.
Your melee needs dmg, accuracy, seeker, glancing blows dmg, DR, true seeing, ghostly, armor piercing and sometimes his action boost opened to 2-shot-cleave a group.
This is one of the reasons why warlocks are so broken in heroics, but that's a different story.

4+5: You want to add more dps to the already top-dps builds in the game. This is not going to solve anything. Melees along with Mechanics and Monkchers are already miles ahead of the rest in terms of DPS. And if Sam is right and reaper does indeed nerf ranged damage more than melee, then we definetly don't need more melee damage.

6: No1 uses it anyway, except maybe tanks. A DPS builds takes dps-oriented feats and a tank build takes defensive feats, like Toughness. Why do you even care about Toughness?

9: Don't forget that the cleric loses a different Domain in order to get this feat. The only melee exotic weapon worth bothering with is Khopesh anyway and spending 1 feat to get it (or lose 20% to-hit) is well worth it. And what would be the point of it being an ''exotic'' weapon if they just handed it out to every1 for free?

Range mobs can kite because there is an ability/weapon proc to hamstring/snare them so to speak forget the name of it the ability.

valkrei
06-04-2017, 12:53 PM

Please list the top dps builds in the game. Because they are either range or warlocks type characters as far as I know.

Phil7
06-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Please list the top dps builds in the game. Because they are either range or warlocks type characters as far as I know.

I told u wolf/fighter/monkcher/mechanic. Each one of them has it's own specialty, be it single-target dps, burst damage, traps or cleaves. I might be forgetting a build or two which others could argue is ''better than xyz'', but it mostly boils down to these.

And warlock top dps? lol nice one
Comparing casters, sorcerer and shiradi builds have higher dps than a warlock anyway (compared during boss fights, because thrash either dies too fast or gets fingered), but they can't beat ranged or melees.
They do have a ton of CC/instakills and buffs to make up for it tho.

valkrei
06-05-2017, 11:39 AM
10K Stars, Plenty of repeater builds, arcane archer. All range all awesome.

Six_Gun
06-05-2017, 12:04 PM
This thread is either a weak trolling attempt or you seriously don't know how to play a melee character properly.

Melee already have the top DPS in the game, if you don't, then that's your problem.

valkrei
06-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Show me the top duel wielding DPS in the game full build. stats, gear, feats. Then we will talk.

bjones0064
10-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Show me the top duel wielding DPS in the game full build. stats, gear, feats. Then we will talk.

A few random ideas.

2. Better PRR/MRR.

Okay I will only volunteer barbarians information. I feel that is where my experience is at moment. I have been playing for ten years. I have farmed and farmed. If you want a good barbarian you need plenty of gear, all the epic past lives, and all the heroic racial past lives. Then you will have a good base to start with.

bjones0064
10-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Okay I will only volunteer barbarians information. I feel that is where my experience is at moment. I have been playing for ten years. I have farmed and farmed. If you want a good barbarian you need plenty of gear, all the epic past lives, and all the heroic racial past lives. Then you will have a good base to start with.

From their all your basic feats the greater and so on. Then power attack cleave and great cleave. Heavy armor proficiency is a must. And while your at it improve your critical multipliers for whatever is your preferred weapon damage of choice. Slashing seems to be top dog. And from their upgrade anything with con, str, hp increases, and PRR feats.

If you generally play around with your enhancements till you find what works for you then I guarantee your will lead the kill count. I played three levels in past day and all the casters won't be able to keep up. And I did all this on r1 and those mimics everyone complains about you won't even notice what there talking about.

Selvera
10-02-2017, 03:50 PM
I feel like this thread tries to paint a lot of things that aren't so defined as defined in their own perspective.

Let's start with those random ideas.

1. Barbarians have some of the best movespeed in the game. Fighters and paladins both have access to 10% stacking movespeed; which is comparable to most classes.

2. Paladins and fighters are the best PRR/MRR classes in the game. Beyond that I can't say much until I'm a completionist.

3. Two handed fighting has mini attacks each having a mini cleave feature. Sword+board can get it too. Two weapon fighting is known for its single target dps. On my most recent two-weapon-fighting build I've still taken cleave, as even with low-ish damage, twf can still clear a room in a couple of cleaves in R1/elite.

4. Feats? weapon focus gives +2 melee power, weapon specialization gives +2 damage and +2 melee power. If you see any +1 damage feats please let me know and I'll advocate they get buffed. Enhancements? +1 hit/damage is fairly average value for 2 AP in most situations. It's all about multiplying it together.

5. We have one.

6. Probably. But I can still consider the feat in some builds

7. Probably.

8. The drow tree is bad, except maybe for shuriken users. Devs should buff it. Ambidexterity is one of the worst enhancements out there and needs to be buffed in all trees it's in.

9. No. It shouldn't have been in war domain, and it shouldn't be in fighter/pali/barb. Repeaters, daxe, bsword and khopesh are better then other weapons, and it is completely fair to ask that they require a feat to use.

Now on for other people's points:

Burst of speed: I've never had trouble jumping out of a mob; healing then going back in again unless I've stupidly trapped myself or my healing was insufficient. I don't think movespeed would help me in either case.

MRR -> Evasion doesn't protect you from everything and the MRR cap is stupid and poorly implemented. At low levels evasion builds are ahead of non-evasion because they can get just as much MRR and also evade half the stuff. At high level all it does is essentially HP-gate and pastlife-gate (some) high level fights for evasion builds. I was encouraged by the brief mention that the devs are considering reworking how the MRR cap works.

For AoE damage THF > SWF > TWF, and TWF can still 2-shot a group in lower reaper if you crit once. If you have all the gear you need, it's up to date, and your build is good.

Essentially all the exotic weapons are worth spending a feat on. (except for the monk-weapons, which tend to suck if you're not a monk).

Hamstring is good for ranged, that is true.

Repeaters and warlocks are fotm because they're possibly top (average) dps in levels 1-20. They are not top dps at level 30. But really; it's hard to tell because gear; pastlives, playstyle, build and reaper ap mater so much more then melee/ranged/caster it's not even funny.

I imagine this thread was created because the OP hasn't seen a well built melee character in a while.

Barbarians: I respect your knowledge of barbarians here; certainly more experience then I have in the class (having done one pure barb myself), but I have also heard from other long time farmed barbarians that heavy armour isn't a must. It is an option, but medium is also an option. Heavy is better PRR in epic levels, medium is better dodge.

Over my previous lives I have:
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a twf ranger
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a MM-spamming wizard
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a shuriken-chucker
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a twf fighter/monk
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a swf fighter/bard

It is very likely you were leading the kill-count because your pastlives/gear/build and mostly playstyle were better then theirs, not because you happened to be a barb and they were wizards/warlocks or whatever.

bjones0064
11-05-2017, 09:36 PM
I feel like this thread tries to paint a lot of things that aren't so defined as defined in their own perspective.

Let's start with those random ideas.

1. Barbarians have some of the best movespeed in the game. Fighters and paladins both have access to 10% stacking movespeed; which is comparable to most classes.

2. Paladins and fighters are the best PRR/MRR classes in the game. Beyond that I can't say much until I'm a completionist.

3. Two handed fighting has mini attacks each having a mini cleave feature. Sword+board can get it too. Two weapon fighting is known for its single target dps. On my most recent two-weapon-fighting build I've still taken cleave, as even with low-ish damage, twf can still clear a room in a couple of cleaves in R1/elite.

4. Feats? weapon focus gives +2 melee power, weapon specialization gives +2 damage and +2 melee power. If you see any +1 damage feats please let me know and I'll advocate they get buffed. Enhancements? +1 hit/damage is fairly average value for 2 AP in most situations. It's all about multiplying it together.

5. We have one.

6. Probably. But I can still consider the feat in some builds

7. Probably.

8. The drow tree is bad, except maybe for shuriken users. Devs should buff it. Ambidexterity is one of the worst enhancements out there and needs to be buffed in all trees it's in.

9. No. It shouldn't have been in war domain, and it shouldn't be in fighter/pali/barb. Repeaters, daxe, bsword and khopesh are better then other weapons, and it is completely fair to ask that they require a feat to use.

Now on for other people's points:

Burst of speed: I've never had trouble jumping out of a mob; healing then going back in again unless I've stupidly trapped myself or my healing was insufficient. I don't think movespeed would help me in either case.

MRR -> Evasion doesn't protect you from everything and the MRR cap is stupid and poorly implemented. At low levels evasion builds are ahead of non-evasion because they can get just as much MRR and also evade half the stuff. At high level all it does is essentially HP-gate and pastlife-gate (some) high level fights for evasion builds. I was encouraged by the brief mention that the devs are considering reworking how the MRR cap works.

For AoE damage THF > SWF > TWF, and TWF can still 2-shot a group in lower reaper if you crit once. If you have all the gear you need, it's up to date, and your build is good.

Essentially all the exotic weapons are worth spending a feat on. (except for the monk-weapons, which tend to suck if you're not a monk).

Hamstring is good for ranged, that is true.

Repeaters and warlocks are fotm because they're possibly top (average) dps in levels 1-20. They are not top dps at level 30. But really; it's hard to tell because gear; pastlives, playstyle, build and reaper ap mater so much more then melee/ranged/caster it's not even funny.

I imagine this thread was created because the OP hasn't seen a well built melee character in a while.

Barbarians: I respect your knowledge of barbarians here; certainly more experience then I have in the class (having done one pure barb myself), but I have also heard from other long time farmed barbarians that heavy armour isn't a must. It is an option, but medium is also an option. Heavy is better PRR in epic levels, medium is better dodge.

Over my previous lives I have:
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a twf ranger
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a MM-spamming wizard
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a shuriken-chucker
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a twf fighter/monk
- Led the kill count in the majority of my PUGs with a swf fighter/bard

It is very likely you were leading the kill-count because your pastlives/gear/build and mostly playstyle were better then theirs, not because you happened to be a barb and they were wizards/warlocks or whatever.

Barbarian movement speed is worse than before.

Edited for clarifying what I actually mean by what I said.

What I mean is the base run speed is horrible when compared to what is was years ago. With the current setup you give up 30 melee and ranged power for the same amount of time. The trade just ain't worth it.

Yamani
11-05-2017, 10:17 PM

Cleave/Great Cleave/Momentum Swing/Whirlwind.
And for duel wielding
Dance of Death: Melee Dual Wielding Attack: Deals +1/+3/+5[W] damage. Your basic attacks when dual wielding strike 2/3/4 targets per swing instead of one for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 15 seconds)
^ Tempest top tier ability.

doubledge
11-06-2017, 09:53 AM
A few random ideas.

2. Better PRR/MRR.

1: How exactly are you going to gate this? Heavy armor? I can, and have run heavy armor repeating crossbow fighter.

2: Again, how are you going to gate this? I have run repeating crossbow with defender's +6 con, and it was hilarious.

3: Dual wield is in the same category as a single-target sorc. Honestly, just go cleave, because I don't think they'll ever fix this.

4: Before melee power. Those little +1s add up over time.

5: Yes, druids need a doublestrike feat that doesn't suck. Also, a level 28 doublestrike feat would be nice.

6: Probably. +1 prr/2 level? and +5 prr from epic?

7: Bard warchanters need more active buffs, I agree.

8: 3/4 of the racial trees are absolute garbage. This is the only reason racial AP is not blatantly overpowered. Just semi-overpowered.

9: Bastard swords: yes. Khopeshes: Fighters. Maybe a feat that grants them all exotics at the cost of one feat, ml 10 in a class, or something. Make it a fighter feat too.