PDA

View Full Version : Sun Elf caster

Wipey
05-21-2017, 06:28 AM
Been playing something like this in epics for two years.
Sometimes full necro focus, sometimes evo or enchant. Eventually spellpower focus is more universal I think.

Str 8
Dex 8
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 18
Cha 12 You can lower charisma for more intelligence and more umd.

1 rank in Tumble, max Hjeal, Spellcraft, some UMD

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4247/34409156640_4af4a58397_c.jpg

1 Maximize
3 Empower
6 Quicken
9 Mental Toughness
12 Imp Mental Toughness
15 Evo
18 Heighten
21 Wellspring
24 Intensify
26 Epic Light Spellpower
27 Master of Light
28 Epic Force Spellpower
29 Arcane Pulse
30 Embolden, Scion of Celestia

EA with Empyrean Magic, Evo 2 + 3, Fey Form. Energy Burst for levelling. I just find Ruins and Eburst super boring.
For heroics, good old Blade Barrier, Banish, Destruction/ Slay and DP spam. Holy Smite and some melee before that.

What I have now - there's tons of room for improvement. Like Vacuum stick or LGS set. But it's such pita to gear for multiple spell schools and I don't like the gear roulette much.

Pansophic ( Greater Conjuration )
Slavers neck - 4 quality Con, 6 spell focus mastery, 14 resistance, 17 con
Litany ( Greater Enchant and Necro )
Earthen Mantle ( Greater Evo )
CC crafted belt - 7 insight Con, 15 Natural armour, 15 Dodge ( 7 Strength augment )
Spinneret ( 250 spell points )
LGS gloves - 151 Profane sp, 151 Insight sp, 75 Quality sp , 22+11+6 Spellcraft
Treads of Falling Shadow ( sucks, but has Ghostly )
Lantern Ring ( Globe, Festive Wisdom + 2 )
Slavers bracers - 11 Quality Sheltering, 17 Wisdom, 27 Radiance lore
Sage leathers ( 40 False life, 2 Good Luck )
Greensteel Con Opp HP goggles ( I know lol )

LGS Earth heavy mace / Dethek Runestone
Planar Gird, Eross, Bauble, Jewel cloak and some Displace clickies to swap.

Don't ever forget to hjeal people.

https://youtu.be/qUxBVDzRLZ0

Mr_Helmet
05-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Don't ever forget to hjeal people.

Good minion.

MeliCat
05-22-2017, 04:13 AM
You post this the day after I make my one a dg cleric as I hadn't seen anyone else doing a light nuker :)

So insightful wis goggles then?

Awesome to watch you play :D

Wipey
05-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Good minion.
Find a fire and jump into it.

You post this the day after I make my one a dg cleric as I hadn't seen anyone else doing a light nuker :)
Never been that popular. Tons of people that loved casters are gone, those few left mostly play warlocks. "DnD" game with sorcerers, wizards, clerics, favored souls, castery druids and bards basically extinct.
Worst thing is, newbies never encounter "proper" castery gameplay - all you can see especially in heroics is purple class icon, but sure there are plenty of threads about that.
Funny or rather sad, depends how you look at it.

Have fun with yours !

So insightful wis goggles then?
15/7 wisdom on LGS I have

Awesome to watch you play
Thanks, forever a newb.

elvesunited
05-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Very similar to my favored soul caster
Though my equipment is not as current or powerful

Con 14 Int 14 Wis 18 Chr 14

23 pts in Warpriest to get perma-blur
41 pts in Angel of vengeance
16 pts in sun Elf

2 sun elf past lives 1 wizard 1 favored soul

Feats: maximize, Empower, Arcane Initiate, mental toughness, Improved mental toughness, evocation focus, epic mental toughness, Master of Light, Intensify, Embolden

But here's the rub. He's level 30 again and time to reincarnate. And from what I've read Deep Gnome can get Sun Bolt as a free Angel of Vengeance SLA spell too. And with 13 AP as opposed to 16 I could get +20 spell craft which will give bonuses to fire, force, and light as opposed to +30 for just light. It will also allow opportunity to boost wisdom by +4. So he may not be a sun elf for much longer.

KoobTheProud
06-04-2017, 09:26 PM
I think this is my next life. Going to use Wipey's feats and elvesuniteds abilities I think. I like skill points too much to run with a flat 10 and 14 Cha gets a FvS a few more SP and another precious level of UMD.

My last FvS build was Drow and I really hated certain level ranges on it. Got to 25 before TRing out. Really hoping I can make it to 30 with a Sun Elf. I have 2 past lives there already and lots of Light and Radiance gear accumulated with matching minors in Force and Fire. All the slow early levels will be bypassed so the only question will be if DPS again slows down in mid 20's. Hoping that Amaunator and the second free Sun Bolt makes enough of a difference.

I might swap out Imp Mental Toughness for Heavy Armor. I have a bunch of heavy armor that is FvS friendly stored and I really like the extra PRR and DR from various pieces.

Mohagi
06-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Hello

I have a similar build and its working decent though still a work in progress, a couple pieces of gear missing.

I do have a question about evo dc's especially in regards to the 2 Sun Bolt sla's im currently using (1 from fvs cap 1 from EA)
The 1 from EA says its a fort save and it doesnt seem to benefit from all the sources of evocation bonuses i have. The 1 from fvs i cant see.
Is that a UI viewing problem or the actual mechanic?

My evo dc should be around 80, EA Sun Bolt is reading 70 on the bar, and it says fort save like mentioned.

And while im here, what is a good aim for evocation dc? Been running some reaper 1-4 at 30 and EE ofc and it seems a lot of my spells are getting saved (half dmg).
Though Divine Punishment + Arcane Pulse (while healing ofc) on bosses is very decent, it seems sun bolt/searing/avenging falls off quite abit later on.

pappo
09-24-2017, 05:31 PM
I enjoyed watching your video in Slave Lords.
I was trying to figure out what you were casting to cause all that high DPS.
Was the stunning effect caused by Soundburst from the EA ?
Could you list your spell rotation against those mobs ? I know it can vary in certain circumstances.

I assumed the video was shot when you were level 30.
How many past lives are on this toon ?

Thanks for the build. I am about to TR my Evoker FVS and this looks like a nice one to try, however I am only on my 3rd FVS life. I that too weak for this build ?

TallMikeM
09-25-2017, 07:32 AM
that looks really interesting, I'd also love to see a spell breakdown/rotation.

sexypaladin
09-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Hello

I have a similar build and its working decent though still a work in progress, a couple pieces of gear missing.

I do have a question about evo dc's especially in regards to the 2 Sun Bolt sla's im currently using (1 from fvs cap 1 from EA)
The 1 from EA says its a fort save and it doesnt seem to benefit from all the sources of evocation bonuses i have. The 1 from fvs i cant see.

My evo dc should be around 80, EA Sun Bolt is reading 70 on the bar, and it says fort save like mentioned.

And while im here, what is a good aim for evocation dc? Been running some reaper 1-4 at 30 and EE ofc and it seems a lot of my spells are getting saved (half dmg).
Though Divine Punishment + Arcane Pulse (while healing ofc) on bosses is very decent, it seems sun bolt/searing/avenging falls off quite abit later on.

I was wanting to try a build using both these sla's so would love to know the answer to this.
I was concerned about the saves mobs could make and whether or not the damage output would be good enough.
The epic feat that adds 10 to MCL is what I thought would make this at least somewhat good.

Anyone have any thoughts?

psykopeta
09-27-2017, 03:16 PM
:O

excuse me good sir, why didn't u move the 6 ap from harper to morninglord for extra fun?

also... what would you pick as domain? mine is a pure clr mule, so it's not like we're in the same boat, just curious if you prefer specializing or diversificating

sexypaladin
10-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Hello

Hey Mohagi, some notes below...

- i'm assuming here then the EA Sun Bolt & the FvS Capstone Sun Bolt DON'T share a cooldown (just wanting to confirm)?
Have you got the Master of Light epic feat?
I can only assume with +10 to MCL for Sun Bolt and Searing Light, that they're damage output should be somewhat decent?

- If i use my Bard CC as an example 75-80 DC in Epic level stuff seems to be fairly adequate.
My CC is successful at least 80% of the time.
In reaper mode though, depending on skulls, it needs to be 90+, closer to 100 even.

- I was able to test the DC issue with the EA Sun Bolt and have the same as you.
Lists as a Fort Save (which is good!), but it's DC doesn't benefit from any Evocation bonus or even generic "DC of all spells increased by X".
Not sure if this is a bug or not...

- Are you finding that mobs often 'save' when you cast your light spells?
Is it a noticeable issue with regards to damage output?