PDA

View Full Version : Pdk fvs

Taxemic
05-11-2017, 07:56 AM
So ive noticed that no1 runs a PDK evoker fvs , Is there any reason for this that i'm missing?
To me it seems very intresting to have that extra feat PDK get over the other iconics
Any1 tested this so far?
And can give me reasons or an explanation to why nobody runs that

TDarkchylde
05-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Evoker FvS, regardless of race, is in a bad place at the moment due to the horribly outdated and underpowered class trees. Add to that needing to do a LR +1 to get rid of the Fighter level, plus none of the FR deities being much good for a caster-specced Soul, and you have a combination that is terribly suboptimal to play at the moment.

If you're looking to add an extra feat to a FvS, just go Human and save yourself the +1 heart, or Deep Gnome (Keep the Wizard level) to get the racial boost to Wisdom as part of the deal.

KoobTheProud
05-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Evoker FvS have a bunch of level gaps where DPS slows way down and they start leveling very slowly. That's why so few people play them. They're fast from 12-20 or so and progressively slower in Epics after that. I got my last FvS to 25 before I surrendered and TR'd her. I'd have played her for longer but the point of the life was primarily to get a FvS life done and then on to Wizard and she just got very slow to kill stuff on Epic Elite once her insta-kills started failing regularly. I could have played her on Epic Hard but minus a fair amount of XP and I chose to TR her instead.

If you play Epic Normal and Hard your PDK Evoker will be just fine and you will probably have a lot of fun playing it. If you want to Elite streak you're probably better off going melee or not playing a PDK, since you will not be able to bail when things get slow.

Taxemic
05-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Evoker FvS have a bunch of level gaps where DPS slows way down and they start leveling very slowly. That's why so few people play them. They're fast from 12-20 or so and progressively slower in Epics after that. I got my last FvS to 25 before I surrendered and TR'd her. I'd have played her for longer but the point of the life was primarily to get a FvS life done and then on to Wizard and she just got very slow to kill stuff on Epic Elite once her insta-kills started failing regularly. I could have played her on Epic Hard but minus a fair amount of XP and I chose to TR her instead.

If you play Epic Normal and Hard your PDK Evoker will be just fine and you will probably have a lot of fun playing it. If you want to Elite streak you're probably better off going melee or not playing a PDK, since you will not be able to bail when things get slow.

I played a couple Fvs into epic, Always thought it was a reall blast to play , And with lots of cannth crafted gear , The dc's are doable, Yes, Soloing is hard ,
But I still need 1 more Fvs life , And i find epics more fun then intresting ,
So thats why i asked, if PDK was that bad, I could go gnome ofcourse , Just trying to figure out why people that do run fvs in epic don't pick a PDK for it

unbongwah
05-11-2017, 09:48 AM
IMO, the biggest downside to Evoker FvS these days (and for a long time) is that Angel of Vengeance is really long in the tooth and hasn't been buffed in ages. It's obviously a very front-loaded PrE, as demonstrated by all the caster builds which splash 2-4 FvS lvls for its bonuses; it's just as obviously weak at higher lvls, as demonstrated by all the caster builds which don't stick with FvS. :p

The devs have promised FvS is due to be buffed (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482805-DDO-Producer-s-Letter-January-2017) along with other caster classes - maybe in time for Ravenloft? - but until it is, the only Evoker FvS build I would bother with is pure Amaunator (Forgotten Realms races only) which has the best capstone SLA (Sunbolt). Run in Exalted Angel w/Master of Light epic feat for dual Sunbolts - *gun fingers* PEW PEW!

Taxemic
05-11-2017, 10:06 AM
IMO, the biggest downside to Evoker FvS these days (and for a long time) is that Angel of Vengeance is really long in the tooth and hasn't been buffed in ages. It's obviously a very front-loaded PrE, as demonstrated by all the caster builds which splash 2-4 FvS lvls for its bonuses; it's just as obviously weak at higher lvls, as demonstrated by all the caster builds which don't stick with FvS. :p

The devs have promised FvS is due to be buffed (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482805-DDO-Producer-s-Letter-January-2017) along with other caster classes - maybe in time for Ravenloft? - but until it is, the only Evoker FvS build I would bother with is pure Morninglord because Amaunator has the best capstone SLA (Sunbolt). Run in Exalted Angel w/Master of Light epic feat for dual Sunbolts - *gun fingers* PEW PEW!

According to the wiki , Favored by amaunator is also there for PDK

Usage: Passive
Prerequisite: Level 1: Cleric, Favored Soul, Paladin
Race:Sun Elf, Purple Dragon Knight, Shadar-kai
Forgotten Realms characters only

unbongwah
05-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Good point: when I posted I thought Amaunator was ML-only but now I realize I got that backwards; namely ML is Amaunator-only.

EDIT: PDK gets an extra feat, Spellpower Boost, +1 WIS, and cheap heal amp. ML can get more Light Spellpower and Sunburst SLA, but those cost a ton of APs; they also have the best starter gear if this is a first-life build. DG can hit +4 WIS for better DCs; also some other useful perks if you have the APs to spare, like +20 Spellcraft. SDK is the only FR race I probably wouldn't use for Amaunator; arguably the best thing about SDK is Shadow Jaunt, but that's too redundant with Leap of Faith to be worth the APs, IMO.

KoobTheProud
05-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Sun Elves look good, especially the females. PDK's look like the DDO version of Buzz Lightyear. Pick your poison.

I'd go Sun Elf every time for a FvS unless I was going melee and wanted Cha to hit and damage. A feat is a big thing but staring at Shrek-like for 30 levels is a big thing also.