PDA

View Full Version : Returning after a long absence

Traven
05-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Good day. I recently returned. I haven't played for a couple years, and even then I always enjoyed the game but was far behind and never did figure out what to do. I have a level 17 monk and a 14 artificer. I love those two but I haven't played either in so long, I am lost. I decided to start over. Can someone please help me out with advice? I can make new characters on your server and join a guild.

I would really like to just get my monk to 20 and tr, but I don't know an efficient way of grinding out those last few levels.

TitusOvid
05-04-2017, 05:04 PM
I say get your monk to 20 and tr. Maybe make a new toon on the side to test out the mechanics and all but if you get the hang of it, go back to your Monk and do those last lvls. It happens really fast nowadays if you have a streak going. As for how to do it ... I don't know what content you have but just join lfms. I mean, that is the concept of the game, questing.
If you have some plat on the side, visit the AH and get some new equipment. that's all, really.

Enguebert
05-05-2017, 01:59 AM
I would really like to just get my monk to 20 and tr, but I don't know an efficient way of grinding out those last few levels.

To quickly gain xp, you have multiple possibilities

1) hit any lfm in you level range and pike ! Lvl 17-20 is range with many lfm (under lvl 15, there are very few)
2) Do wilderness. Explore, Rares and Kills are sometimes a quick way to do xp.
3) Solo quests. Do them on Normal (or Hard) but avoid Elite and avoid new quests (Update 27 and later) ? If you are still on your first life, you don't need too much xp

For tokens (needed to purchase heart of wood to TR if you don't want to spend cash/Turbine point), farm Easy Epic quests (LoD chain) in group or join daily Epics for Eberron quests (Von3/4, spies) and tell other players you need token. If they don't need them, they will pass it to you

And for restarting, the best is to restart at level 1 with a class you enjoy to play. Read DDOwiki and the classes subforum (There are lot of build, some for new players, some for advanced players). And you can always ask advises in the classes forum

Fedora1
05-05-2017, 04:17 AM
What server is your monk on?

What content do you own? Are you VIP/Premium/FTP?

Solo quests on normal or hard, you can do the same ones you are comfortable with once per day and still get okay xp.
Join LFMs in your range, hang back and help out when you can.

One good way to get tokens is (once you hit L20) run Devil Assault on Epic Normal, you always get 1 token and often times 2. Let others know you need tokens, many will pass theirs to you, meaning you can get up to 12 tokens on a single run. More likely you will get 4-8 depending. DA does not affect BB, so L30's can join you on EN.

Hambo
05-22-2017, 01:50 PM
What server is your monk on?

What content do you own? Are you VIP/Premium/FTP?

Solo quests on normal or hard, you can do the same ones you are comfortable with once per day and still get okay xp.
Join LFMs in your range, hang back and help out when you can.

One good way to get tokens is (once you hit L20) run Devil Assault on Epic Normal, you always get 1 token and often times 2. Let others know you need tokens, many will pass theirs to you, meaning you can get up to 12 tokens on a single run. More likely you will get 4-8 depending. DA does not affect BB, so L30's can join you on EN.

I took a 3 year vacation from VIP with rare occasional play in Premium... While I still have most of the early content memorized and am soloing on elite with new characters, I have an average of 16 characters on each server from before but none higher than about level 18 on the first go-round :D

I'm learning how to play the Warlock class and learning the new (to me) enhancement system for the other classes as well as having fun with Gnomes and Dragonborn. As soon as I get more comfortable I'll be getting a new Microphone (at minimum) and grouping up.

One question... Are naked Tempest's Spine runs still a thing :D