PDA

View Full Version : Mac cliente login crash (Same problem of 2013)

Jow
04-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Problem Solved, solution on the post number 5.

Jow
05-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Hello guys, anyone with a similar problem? I tried reinstall the game again, use se reset option on launcher, delete the duo folder on the documents folder and nothing had worked so far. The only thing i found was similar problem that people had back in 2013 and the turbine solved the problem with a update, but update 35 patch 4 is here and my mac client still can't login to the game. Anyone could possibly help?

Kind regards,
Jow

Tricosene
05-04-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm not familiar with the 2013 problem you are referring to.

A couple of years back, some of us Mac folks had an issue where the launcher flashed on screen then crashed. I don't know if that is similar to the 2013 issue or not.

If it is, I found a work around by searching for an alternative app to launch the game with. I found one here: Users/Shared/Happycloud/Cache/ which was called Dungeons and Dragons Online. Once I started using it instead of the supplied launcher, I stopped having the problem.

I don't know if the program still installs in a Happycloud folder, but you can still look at your Users/Shared/ folder to try to find another app for the game and try that.

I hope this helps. :)

Jow
05-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm not familiar with the 2013 problem you are referring to.

A couple of years back, some of us Mac folks had an issue where the launcher flashed on screen then crashed. I don't know if that is similar to the 2013 issue or not.

If it is, I found a work around by searching for an alternative app to launch the game with. I found one here: Users/Shared/Happycloud/Cache/ which was called Dungeons and Dragons Online. Once I started using it instead of the supplied launcher, I stopped having the problem.

I don't know if the program still installs in a Happycloud folder, but you can still look at your Users/Shared/ folder to try to find another app for the game and try that.

I hope this helps. :)

Hey Tricosene,
I checked the my Users/Shared folder and unfortunately there is nothing about the Dungeons and Dragons.
Thanks for the reply

Jow
05-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Hey guys,

After much search, loads re-instals and days looking for some help and a fix for my problem I finaly found it today. I went looking in my mac computer for all .plist files from the game for exemple, com.standingstonegames.plist or com.turbine.plist. To find those .plist files you should go in the aplication support (~/Library/Application Support) folder inside your main folder (the one you named, ussualy your name) and look all the folders inside applications support for the ddo .plist files and delete all that you find I also deleted the .savedstate files. If someone have a problem similar to mine, could try if this solution work.

King regards,
Jow

Kaytis
05-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Hey guys,

After much search, loads re-instals and days looking for some help and a fix for my problem I finaly found it today. I went looking in my mac computer for all .plist files from the game for exemple, com.standingstonegames.plist or com.turbine.plist. To find those .plist files you should go in the aplication support (~/Library/Application Support) folder inside your main folder (the one you named, ussualy your name) and look all the folders inside applications support for the ddo .plist files and delete all that you find I also deleted the .savedstate files. If someone have a problem similar to mine, could try if this solution work.

King regards,
Jow

Good detective work. I have been thinking about this one and couldn't come up with anything. I had a folder called com.turbine.ddo. I deleted it to no ill-effect. It may be used during the updates perhaps.

Jow
05-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Good detective work. I have been thinking about this one and couldn't come up with anything. I had a folder called com.turbine.ddo. I deleted it to no ill-effect. It may be used during the updates perhaps.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, maybe it could be used during updates, but i think if it is needed it will just download all that is needed again. So far i'm running the game flawless, no problem at all.

Kind regards,
Jow

Tricosene
06-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, maybe it could be used during updates, but i think if it is needed it will just download all that is needed again. So far i'm running the game flawless, no problem at all.

Kind regards,
Jow

Glad you got it working, and it's great that you came back and explained what you did so other people can try it out in the future.

Now, go out and slay orcs, young adventurer! :D

obscure.jester
07-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Hey guys,

King regards,
Jow

there's no such a thing in my mac. Still, can't launch ddo. in the library/application support folder I have only 20 folders, none of which is related to ddo or turbine and after checking inside each one of them still I didn't find anything ddo related nor turbine related.

Jow
07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
there's no such a thing in my mac. Still, can't launch ddo. in the library/application support folder I have only 20 folders, none of which is related to ddo or turbine and after checking inside each one of them still I didn't find anything ddo related nor turbine related.

Hey, thanks for the reply. There are more than one application suport folder on mac. If you have steam installed try open one of the games install folder, there you will find the folders that cause the crash problem. Hope that this can help.

King regards,
Jow

fenris072
08-23-2017, 04:55 PM
If you are having issues after all the above suggestions, I found in my /Users/<insert your username here>/Applications volume an Akamai folder with a DMG in it. I opened the DMG and found the PKG for the launcher and ran it. After that, my DDO started downloading.

I will edit this post if I come across any further impediments.