PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring some servers together?

hiiriX
03-29-2017, 09:52 AM
I have been observing lfms in Cannith for a while as well as the playerbase and it doesnt look very good. Many old players are gone which has slowed down raiding on pugs and I´m sure there are many people who agree with me that the endgame is dying at least on EU time. And no, I dont blame reaper mode. But nonetheless I think it would be a smart move now to merge some servers together to make some servers great again ( see what I did there). This would have great impact on players pleasment. Anyone agree? Could this become possible please?

Armatone
03-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Do a monthly analysis of how many accounts are playing on each server and the server with the least becomes the new default for the following month?

Wouldn't take all that much programming (20 minutes tops) and could be automated so they never have to look at it again.

It would go a LONG way to balance the load between servers and improve the player experience.

Qhualor
03-29-2017, 12:15 PM
I do blame Reaper, but no its not time to merge servers.

Likely_Luke
03-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Do a monthly analysis of how many accounts are playing on each server and the server with the least becomes the new default for the following month?

Wouldn't take all that much programming (20 minutes tops) and could be automated so they never have to look at it again.

It would go a LONG way to balance the load between servers and improve the player experience.

I don't think server merges are possible anymore in DDO, so I think this is about as good as we can hope for. Rotating the default server more frequently, and to servers which have never had the default setting, would be a positive.