PDA

View Full Version : access to plat of main player

rlarge
03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
what do I need to (find/buy) so that my characters can access t he plat of main character?

Buddha5440
03-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Shared platinum bank in the DDO store (called Shared Bank: Platinum Vault, I think. If the wiki is current, it's 495 points. It comes in tiers starting at 50,000 up to 5.5 mil). I can't remember but you may have to get the shared bank item storage first, the way the wiki is worded doesn't seem clear. It could just be you need the previous tier to get the next one. Or, you can mail 9999 of each type of currency. As always, ddowiki.com (http://ddowiki.com) is your friend, but so are we on the forums :)

rlarge
03-27-2017, 03:00 PM
ty. is it for all toons on account or do I need to buy it for every toon?

Maquist
03-27-2017, 03:18 PM
It's purchased by account, so any character on that server can deposit or withdraw plat. It's basically a shared bank for plat.

C-Dog
03-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Altho' the initial layout is 595 DP, the first upgrade (from 50k to 100k) is only 95 - I jumped on that while everything was on sale a bit ago. (Sales are def the way to go, if you have the patience!)

It's purchased by account, so any character on that server can deposit or withdraw plat. It's basically a shared bank for plat.

Yep. If you have a Shared Bank, it adds a little header above that, showing the amount you've deposited, and 2 buttons - "Deposit" and "Withdraw". Any character w/ access to that shared plat vault can do either.

Don't know if you need the Shared Bank first - DDO Store description says "...at the bank..." and "...use the bank to...", so unless that's incredibly sloppy writing I'd say you don't need Shared Bank first - but I'd also strongly advise most any player that they want it first.

rlarge
03-27-2017, 05:11 PM
ty

Arianrhod
03-27-2017, 05:20 PM
While the shared plat vault is convenient, it is possible to just mail plat from one character to another using the ingame mail system.

Kylstrem
03-28-2017, 08:11 AM
If you have a trustworthy friend/guildy, you could trade it to them, then log on to the next character and move it between.

Mailing 9999 at a time gets tedious if you want to move 100K or more but can be done.