PDA

View Full Version : Lamannia Update 35 Release Notes

Pages : [1] 2

Cocomajobo
03-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Lamannia Update 35 Release Notes
Here are the Lamannia Release Notes for Update 35, released for preview on 3/7/2017. These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

Dragonborn
A new player race is available! The Dragonborn is free to VIP players, and available to purchase in the DDO Store for everyone else. NOTE: Character paths are not available for Dragonborn characters at this time.

New Raid
A new raid is now available for preview! Riding the Storm Out can be accessed by the NPC named Dalwyneth, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Two New Quests
Two new quests are now available for preview! Both The Newcomers and Black and Blue can be accessed by the NPC's Yoldorim and Mikyra respectively, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Racial Reincarnation
Players can now choose to have their characters undergo a racial reincarnation! The process is similar to a True Reincarnation, and can be done by visiting the Reincarnation Grove in the Hall of Heroes. A new item called a Heart of Blood is needed for Reincarnation, which can be purchased in the DDO Store and via Tokens of the Twelve.

News and Notes:

Combat
Monsters killed by instant death effects will now share their aggro normally to their allies.

Dragonborn
Dragonborn's enhancement tree is available for preview.

Enhancements

Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now properly benefits from abilities that grant Extra Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now has a cooldown consistent with other Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
Vanguard's Melee and Ranged Power Boost now shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Ravager's Melee Power Boost now has text properly reflecting that it also grants Ranged Power.
Battle Engineer's Action Boost: Damage has been changed to Action Boost: Melee and Ranged Power.
Weapon Attachment's cooldown is now 15 seconds for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Artificers. Its induction time is now 2 seconds, and will no longer disappear when traveling through portals.
Henshin Mystic's Balance in Dawn's healing now scales properly in Reaper difficulty.
Many racial enhancement trees have been adjusted. The adjustments are as follows:

Warforged and Bladeforged

Repair Systems has had its cost reduced to 1 Action Point per rank.
(Warforged Only): Mithral Fluidity reduces Armor Check by 2/4/6.
Warforged's Adamantine Fluidity is now 4/8/12.
Bladeforged's Brute Fighting now matches the rest of the game.
Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
(Warforged Only): There is now a new enhancement called Memories of the Last War, which is a Tier 3 and 4 enhancement which requires 15 AP spent in the tree, and costs 1 AP:

Choose from the following:

+15 Determination Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
+25 Determination Bonus to Universal Spell Power
+3 Determination Bonus to all Saving Throws.
+8 Determination Bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.
The Tier 4 version allows a character to make a second choice from the above list that is not the same as the one selected for Tier 3.

Half-orc

Orcish Weapon Training is now +1/2/3/4 to-hit and damage with one-handed Melee weapons, and +2/4/6/8 with two-handed Melee weapons.
Lock Bash is no longer tied to a Dragonmark or Sunder. This enhancement now has a cooldown, and a new animation. Lock Bash is no longer influenced by or required to have Thieves' Tools.
Orcish Rage is now an Action Boost: Orcish Rage now grants +40 Melee Power and a +2 Primal Bonus to Strength, and no longer reduces Physical Resistance Rating. Orcish Rage continues to prevent spellcasting, and causes monks to be uncentered. This Action Boost shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Power Rage now has a third rank, and the Barbarian requirement has been removed.
Brutality is no longer specific to two-handed weapons.
Raging Crush no longer has limited uses, nor requires Raging. Raging Crush does +3[W] and has a 30 second cooldown.

Half-elf

Improved Dilettante has had its cost reduced to 1 AP.
Dilettantes now have the following benefits in addition to what they already do, unless indicated:

Artificer: +30 Spell Points
Barbarian: +10 (instead of +5) Hit Points
Bard: +30 Spell Points
Cleric: +30 Spell Points
Druid: +30 Spell Points
Favored Soul: +30 Spell Points
Fighter: +1 to hit
Monk: Removed the Centered requirement
Sorcerer: +30 Spell Points
Wizard: +30 Spell Points

Half-elf Dilletante Tier 2:

Spellcasting: Increased Spell Power to +5.
Fixed base damage of Sly Flourish to +1[W].

Half-elf Dilletante Tier 4:

Barbarian: +10 Hit Points
Spellcasting: Spell Power has been increased to +5
Rogue: Cooldown is now 30 seconds. The Saving Throw has been updated to properly reflect full character level, and the Bomb DC boost has had scaling added.

Diplomatic Immunity now lasts for 60 seconds, or until you attack, and now has a 120 second cooldown.

Dwarf

Child of the Mountain no longer reduces Reflex Saving Throws.
Dwarven Hands of Stone's DC is now 10 + Character Level + Constitution modifier + Transmutation Bonuses
Dwarf Fortress now works when wielding a Thrown Weapon with your Shield.
Bonus to damage is now a unique bonus to Melee and ranged Power

Drow

Vermin Lore: Damage has been increased to +3/6/9
Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
Faerie Fire no longer has a Saving Throw, its effect now lasts for 10 seconds, it no longer uses charges, and now costs 2 Spell Points. The Druid spell version also no longer has a Saving Throw, and lasts for 10 seconds.
Darkfire's description has been updated to correct its DC. This SLA now scales with 150% Spell Power, costs 5 Spell Points, and cannot be countered.
Darkfire is affected by the Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge, and Intensify Metamagic Feats.

Elf

Nothing is Hidden has had its cost reduced to 1 AP. This also applies to Drow, Morninglord, and Shadar-kai.

Shadar-kai

Spiked Chain Attacks (and their upgrade effects) now scale with 200% Melee Power.
Winter Favored now scaled with Melee Power.
Vicious, Slashing, and Forceful Chain have had their cost reduced to 1 AP.

Epic Destinies

Legendary Dreadnought's Damage Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
Legendary Dreadnought's Action Boosts should not fail as often when activating several things rapidly.

Items

Heroic Executioner's Platemail was using Epic Armor Class values. This has been corrected.
Players with outdated versions of Firebreak (Heroic and Epic), Wall of Wood (Heroic and Epic), and the Epic Corruption of Nature can now update these items in the Stone of Change.
Monsters
Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.

Reincarnation
Characters can now undergo a Racial Reincarnation. The Past life feats are as follows, the first for the first reincarnation, the second for the second reincarnation. The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:

Warforged: +1 Repair, +1 Constitution
Drow: +1 Search, +1 Intelligence
Dwarf: +1 Balance, +1 Constitution
Elf: +1 Spot, +1 Dexterity
Gnome: +1 Use Magic Device, +1 Intelligence
Halfling: +1 Move Silently, +1 Dexterity
Half-elf: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Charisma
Half-orc: +1 Intimidate, +1 Strength
Human: +1 Haggle, +1 Wisdom
Dragonborn: +1 Spellcraft, +1 Charisma

Items are preserved in inventory during a Racial Reincarnation, instead of being placed in your TR Cache.

Miscellaneous

The Captain has been added to the Lamannia Test Dojo. This NPC gives characters all Guild Buffs available.
Update 35 items can now be found in the Test Dojo.
The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI. (Note: This is very likely NOT going live until after U35.)

Cocomajobo
03-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Known Issues:

Racial Reincarnation

Racial Reincarnation currently grants the +Skill feat associated with the race each time you reincarnate instead of granting the +Ability Score feat the second time and then the +Racial AP feat the third time.
Racial Reincarnation currently preserves items in your inventory and does not create a TR Cache. (Meant to mimic a Heroic True but currently mimics a Lesser)
Racial Reincarnation does not currently increment your Ability Score available at character creation as it is intended to. (Meant to mimic a Heroic True but currently mimics a Lesser)

Dragonborn

In order to create a Dragonborn you must either be a VIP or purchase BOTH the Dragonborn race AND the Gnome race from the DDO store.
Base Draconic Ancestry Feats always grant only 1 elemental resistance instead of 1 per character level as described.
All of the Draconic Ancestry Feats share the Drow Spell Resistance feat icon.
Memory of Flight tree tooltip lists "Phantasmal Killer" description as if it were providing a Phantasmal Killer SLA.
Memory of Flight currently costs Spell Points. It should not have a Spell Point cost.
Dragonborn use the human icon in both the Who tab of the social menu and in their Enhancement tree.
Dragonborn characters have no personal focus orb image.
Dragonborn selected focus orb image is a kobold.
A small portion of armors have pieces which visually flow in and out with character breathe on a male dragonborn while the other pieces of the armor remain static causing noticeable clipping.
Bolts fired out of a crossbow by dragonborn (both male and female) originate below the crossbow itself.
Some pre-built character paths are not currently working with Dragonborn.

Quests

The two new quests have no entry waypoints out of the quests.
Some monsters are dropping treasure bags that can not be interacted with.
Some Dragons are missing a breathe attack.

Attempting to purchase Character Bank capacity upgrades for Platinum does nothing even if you have the requisite House Kundarak Favor.
Bladeforged tree contains the T4 Memories of the Last War which is meant to be exclusive to Warforged (Though you can't take any of the enhancements as you don't have access to the pre-requisites).

CavernDragon
03-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Cant load game client Missing EULA error message, others having same issue.

zehnvhex
03-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Perma completionist for doing all the racial TR's basically. Not bad.

Dreppo
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
What about human and halfling, aren't they getting a racial enhancement pass?

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm

- When you racially reincarnate, do you get to 30 and reset back to level 20 (basically replacing epic reincarnation)? Is this more like a lesser reincarnation?

- What do you mean by "racial action point?"

- Are these retroactive? I mean, do people who have 30, 40, 50+ lives automatically gain these feats?

SerPounce
03-07-2017, 02:39 PM
The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI. (Note: This is very likely NOT going live until after U35.)
[/LIST]

Everything else about this update sounds awesome, but this is terrifying. You want to turn the character bank into the unorganized pile that is the shared bank? Please do not do this. If anything go the other way and make the shared bank like the character bank. A search function is nice, but being able to do some basic organization other than a long list is SO much more important.

Please, please, please.

Propane
03-07-2017, 02:39 PM
(Warforged Only): There is now a new enhancement called Memories of the Last War, which is a Tier 3 and 4 enhancement which requires 15 AP spent in the tree, and costs 1 AP:
The Tier 4 version allows a character to make a second choice from the above list that is not the same as the one selected for Tier 3.

Fantastic - now the only down side to to actually consider a choice between Warforged and Bladeforged...

zehnvhex
03-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm

- When you racially reincarnate, do you get to 30 and reset back to level 20 (basically replacing epic reincarnation)? Is this more like a lesser reincarnation?

- Are these retroactive? I mean, do people who have 30, 40, 50+ lives automatically gain these feats?

- 20+ to 1 I believe since you use tokens of the twelve.

- An enhancement point you can only use in the racial tree I imagine.

- They've stated no, they are not retroactive because nobody has done a racial reincarnation before. Which means you probably can't double dip heroic/racial TR's like you can iconic/heroics TR's.

SerPounce
03-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm

My impression is it works like a Heroic TR. And it's one or the other with HTR, not both, so there's nothing to retroactively gain because no one as done a racial reincarnation yet.

In other words expect to see a lot of warlocks around the harbor when this goes live!

Steelstar
03-07-2017, 02:41 PM
What about human and halfling, aren't they getting a racial enhancement pass?

In our evaluation, Human and Halfling are relatively strong Enhancement trees that neither needed extra power (relative to the other Race trees), nor needed any particular abilities improved or repaired. In the feedback threads to come, we'd be interested to hear opinions on the subject.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 02:45 PM
My impression is it works like a Heroic TR. And it's one or the other with HTR, not both, so there's nothing to retroactively gain because no one as done a racial reincarnation yet.

In other words expect to see a lot of warlocks around the harbor when this goes live!

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed, already. *groan*

I was hoping it would be something akin to a lesser reincarnation, where you can simply change your race, but I guess not.

Wizza
03-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Any chance we can have the items of U35 posted by a Developer himself? Or the Dragonborn tree?

Ryethiel
03-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Can you change race when you Racial Reincarnate? If not, this means you would have to get back to 20 just to do a True Reincarnation in order to change your race... Hope that's not the case.

Steelstar
03-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Can you change race when you Racial Reincarnate? If not, this means you would have to get back to 20 just to do a True Reincarnation in order to change your race... Hope that's not the case.

Racial Reincarnation, in many ways, acts as a Heroic True Reincarnation where the Past Life Feat you receive is based on your Race instead of your Class. So yes, you may alter your race and class at that time, as you are starting at level 1. (EDIT: Or 15, if your next life is Iconic. Again, like Heroic True.)

Ryethiel
03-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Racial Reincarnation, in many ways, acts as a Heroic True Reincarnation where the Past Life Feat you receive is based on your Race instead of your Class. So yes, you may alter your race and class at that time, as you are starting at level 1.

Perfect! Thanks! :)

Sam-u-r-eye
03-07-2017, 02:53 PM
+1 guys. Looks good.

Sam-u-r-eye
03-07-2017, 02:54 PM
A Criticism and Reccomendation:

Past lives should be shared across an account.
Racial TRing is making it harder on new players, and vets who want multiple toons.

Thanks!

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Racial Reincarnation, in many ways, acts as a Heroic True Reincarnation where the Past Life Feat you receive is based on your Race instead of your Class. So yes, you may alter your race and class at that time, as you are starting at level 1. (EDIT: Or 15, if your next life is Iconic. Again, like Heroic True.)

So you can either racially reincarnate or heroic reincarnate, but not both? As in, you heroic reincarnate, you don't get the past lives for both the class and the race?

Wizza
03-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Bought Dragonborn (9999 TP), created toon, can't enter as it says I do not own the class. At least it looks cool, not like that abomination of Gnomes.

Sam-u-r-eye
03-07-2017, 02:58 PM
...it looks cool, not like that abomination of Gnomes.

With fire dragonbreath we will make a video of us roasting them.

+1 to how they look, I agree

TPICKRELL
03-07-2017, 03:04 PM
How is inventory going to work with a racial reincarnate? It says that items stay in your inventory, and SteelStar said you go back to level 1, where you would loose your favor bank and backpack spaces... How will that work?

EDIT: Known issues list makes it sound like this is supposed to do a TR process including the TR Cache, and the build on Lammania isn't working yet.

BandVP
03-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Cant load game client Missing EULA error message, others having same issue.

yeah, the discord is full of mad people atm :P

khaeldar
03-07-2017, 03:05 PM
To bypass the EULA problem just rename the DDO EULA.html file in the en directory of Dungeons & Dragonson Online (Preview) with DDO EULA - Turbine.html . It worked for me.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 03:06 PM
How is inventory going to work with a racial reincarnate? It says that items stay in your inventory, and SteelStar said you go back to level 1, where you would loose your favor bank and backpack spaces... How will that work?

I know, does he mean go back to level 1 and level back up to 20 or go back to level 1 and 'reincarnate' back to 20, like with epic/lesser reincarnation? Not emptying your TR cache would be a huge detriment to a low level character unless you plan on the exact same life several times.

Edit: derp, just read 'known issues' nevermind

JOTMON
03-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Miscellaneous

You really need to rethink this.

The shared bank tab is still subpar.

There are issues with things like the item you put in goes to the last spot at the end of the tabs.. so we have to scroll to the [expletive] end every time ..
The oldest stuff in the bank shows up first, not last...

The search/sort filter options are inadequate.
TR cache is still a thing... deposit box is still separate, bags are still separate, ....
consolidate them all....

Really.. use the AH interface for all banking... don't waste time giving us a garbage patch like the shared bank interface..

Dunklerlindwurm
03-07-2017, 03:10 PM
So if i understand correct. If you do 3 lives for all 10 races you have 10 Action points that you can use in your racial enhancement tree?

Are you able to use them right at the start at level 1?

Saekee
03-07-2017, 03:11 PM
I am glad racial reincarnation is not included with class like with iconics.

I don't think it is too much powercreep, allows someone to play their favorite class multiple times across interested races, e.g. elven or halfling dex assassin

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 03:12 PM

There are issues with things like the item you put in goes to the last spot at the end of the tabs.. so we have to scroll to the [expletive] end every time ..

TR cache is still a thing... deposit box is still separate, bags are still separate, ....
consolidate them all....

Really.. use the AH interface for all banking... don't waste time giving us a garbage patch like the shared bank interface..

10000000% agree. I really don't want to have to actively search my bank for something. The way I have it now I have organized my character bank for ease of access. I know exactly where I put something.

TPICKRELL
I know, does he mean go back to level 1 and level back up to 20 or go back to level 1 and 'reincarnate' back to 20, like with epic/lesser reincarnation? Not emptying your TR cache would be a huge detriment to a low level character unless you plan on the exact same life several times.

Known issues was added after I posted above.

Sounds like it is supposed to do a TR cache, but this build on lammania does not yet.

Alistina
Do you also get a past life of the character's main class when doing a racial reincarnation(RR)? Or is the class irrelevant if your end goal is to do a RR?

I presume you RR at 20 and it will send you back to 1?

If the items remain in the inventory, what happens to the pre existing TR cache? Does it remain untouched or do you still need to empty it before RRing?

Edit: Release notes were added when I was typing, as was the discussion on the TR cache. Still a bit confused about how it will work, but I'm sure in time the issue will get sorted out and things will be clearer :)

Anoregon
03-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Us folks at work need pics and info on Dragonborn ASAP!!

Steelstar
03-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Do you also get a past life of the character's main class when doing a racial reincarnation(RR)? Or is the class irrelevant if your end goal is to do a RR?

I presume you RR at 20 and it will send you back to 1?

Class is irrelevant when your goal is a Racial Reincarnation.

Like Heroic True Reincarnation, you can do a Racial Reincarnation any time after you reach level 20, and will return to level 1.

Krelar
03-07-2017, 03:22 PM

I foresee a lot of people doing 30 warlock lives in the near future. At least that makes gearing easy.

Mr_Helmet
03-07-2017, 03:23 PM

https://www.moder8now.com/wp-content/uploads/hamster-on-a-wheel.jpg

Pyyro_del_Drago
03-07-2017, 03:25 PM
us folks at work need pics and info on dragonborn asap!!

this, pleaaaaaaseee

lain5246
03-07-2017, 03:30 PM
"The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point," nice so a max of ten free action points, but not handed out for free. thanks sev and dev team for following up on finding a way to encourage use of racial enhancements and racial diversity. now how about a way to use rune arm with out 2 arti lv, a good reason to use small shields, an ek pass, and a rune arm that adds prr as it charges up, than does a directional knock back or knock down for melee artificers.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 03:32 PM

While I can't purchase them to see the racial tree or make a screenshot (they're 9,999 points for some reason) I can give you a description.

They sort of remind me of a warforged body-size with a dragon head on them. No boots (clawed, lizard-like feet) or at least some of the starter armors seem to have small pads on the tops of their feet (like spiked braces, wraps, etc). Customizable face features include beard (mostly tendrils or spikes with a few goatee styles of wrapped tendrils made to look like hair), fins (typical webbed dragon-like fins on your cheeks or jawline), tines (spikes along the back of the jawline and brow ridge), and eyes (lots of lizard-like variety).

Des0xyn
03-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Like Heroic True Reincarnation, you can do a Racial Reincarnation any time after you reach level 20, and will return to level 1.

So it is similar to true reincarnation in the it is a clean reset and you get 1st time bonuses for quests again and lose all favor? Or is it similar to lesser or epic reincarnatiin in that your previous quest completions are still recorded?

JOTMON
03-07-2017, 03:34 PM
I foresee a lot of people doing 30 warlock lives in the near future. At least that makes gearing easy.

I dunno... repeater artificers for heroics are well suited as ranged trappers are still highly desired for xp'ing TR lives especially hamster wheeling low skull Reaper xp....
This is going to be heroic grinding after all...

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 03:35 PM
I dunno... repeater artificers for heroics are well suited as ranged trappers are still highly desired for xp'ing TR lives especially hamster wheeling low skull Reaper xp....
This is going to be heroic grinding after all...

Sorcerers, too, they melt faces in heroics. Fire sorc early on, air sorc at 17+.

Steelstar
03-07-2017, 03:38 PM
So it is similar to true reincarnation in the it is a clean reset and you get 1st time bonuses for quests again and lose all favor? Or is it similar to lesser or epic reincarnatiin in that your previous quest completions are still recorded?

It is similar to True Reincarnation in that regard (and most things in general).

Kylstrem
03-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Hoping it doesn't look like a slightly modified lizardman....errrr lizardfolk.:eek:

Hipparan
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Someone please post a screenshot of the character appearance customization screen for Dragonborn! I'm at work and can't log on until I get home. :p

Des0xyn
03-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Since 20 Racial lives now gives +2 to 4 stats directly (and +1 to str and wis)

And epic completionist bonuses (12 lives) are directly given as well.

Any plans to make class completionist (which requires 14 lives) a given feat, instead of still having one spend a separate feat to get it?

Saekee
03-07-2017, 03:53 PM
is the 1AP racial bonus only for use in that specific tree or can one accumulate a lot of them, eventually 10, to spend in any racial tree? Because the latter case is powercreepy.

jakeelala
03-07-2017, 03:53 PM
In our evaluation, Human and Halfling are relatively strong Enhancement trees that neither needed extra power (relative to the other Race trees), nor needed any particular abilities improved or repaired. In the feedback threads to come, we'd be interested to hear opinions on the subject.

Halfling is a good all around tree, but not as good as Helf or Human. And Helf was just boosted. Halfling used to be the only race for a thrower, but now that crit threat increases can be gotten other places it's not really that important anymore. For throwers, many people want racial Arcane Archer for the capstone without being a pure Ranger (Dex and Doubleshot).

For this reason, very few good thrower builds would ever go halfling at this point. Halflings are left with 2 Dex, dodge cap +3, and 3 SA dice, and +3 saves. These are good all around bonuses, but you still won't see very many halflings running around at end game. For the one thing they excel at (throwing) they are far from the best race. They are a decent racial choice for a rogue, I guess. Not sure what else they are the best choice for.

Halfling Agility is garbage, remove it.
Heroic Cpmpanion is garbage, remove it.
Bring out the Leeches is garbage, remove it.

I recommend giving Halflings /onesome, but not all, of the following boosts:

+10% Doubleshot (2AP)
+30% Doubleshot Action Boost
Throwing Expertise Feat (same as Shuriken Expertise but for all throwing weapons that ARE NOT Shurikens).
Make master thrower a multi-select between +1 Competence threat range and +1 Competence Multiplier, or make one or both an Insight bonus for stacking.
Give Halflings racial PRE of either DWS or Mechanic similar to elven AA

tldr;
I strongly disagree, Halfling is not a race that stands equal with others, especially not after this pass. Thank you.

blerkington
03-07-2017, 03:55 PM
The formatting of your racial enhancement update information should be changed so Shadar-kai is properly indented. At the moment their changes look like part of the entry for elf.

Elf racial enhancements are still too expensive for what they do. +1 to hit and damage with two weapons for 2 AP is not good value when compared to similar bonuses for other races, so please adjust the costs down to 1 AP per rank. I'd also like to see the melee and weapon bonuses decoupled so those players who want to use scimitars don't waste half their bonus on the shortbow.

The change to the character bank format sounds like a really bad idea, if I'm understanding it properly. The shared bank is a pain to use in that very little can be done to organise it. If anything, you should be making the shared bank and the TR cache more organisable. The game badly needs an update in this area, but it seems like by making the proposed change you would be going backwards.

So please add a better way to insert things into bank lists at other points than just at the end and also add functionality allowing us to sort or view (by item name, type, min level, etc) and to search. You've already shown us you can do it on the alternative inventory view for or characters. Do something similar for the banks and the cache and it would be a very worthwhile QoL improvement for us.

Thanks.

Des0xyn
03-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Also, is the Racial pass like done with these updates? Or are more changes planned for down the line?

Was hoping this would be a good opportunity to implement the Racial favored class enhancements that were abandoned years back.

Like halfling assassins or Dwarven defenders etc.

Currently it looks like only elfs/helfs will continue to retain the Arcane archer tree.

The ability to open an additional class tree is going to be a larger incentive to grind for all the extra 10 Racial aps

Saekee
03-07-2017, 03:56 PM
I would have drow able to buff short swords to a 19-20/3 crit profile when maxing xendrik blades and have elves able to buff longswords to 19-20/3 with Grace maxed.

This would allow for some fun build options.

Also, make all the drow mobs in the game have this weapon profile too.

Steelstar
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
is the 1AP racial bonus only for use in that specific tree or can one accumulate a lot of them, eventually 10, to spend in any racial tree? Because the latter case is powercreepy.

The Racial AP awarded are accumulated. Presently, after 30 Racial Past Lives, you could have 10 to use in whatever Racial tree you currently have.

Dhalgren
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM

consolidate them all....

Agreed! A new interface for the character bank wouldn't be a bad thing--unless it were changed to be something like the shared bank, which is an impediment to banking. I have my stuff sorted by tab, which isn't ideal but is a hell of a lot better than a long, paged, jumbled, unsorted mess--like the shared bank is.

Please please please don't do this.

Gratch
03-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Bought Dragonborn (9999 TP), created toon, can't enter as it says I do not own the class. At least it looks cool, not like that abomination of Gnomes.

They said there's a temporary bug and you need to also own Gnome on Lama for Dborn to work. Ah... it's in the known issues (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484623-Lamannia-Update-35-Release-Notes#post5948547) now.

Logged on for a bit. New named items interesting... very elemental of them. A gloves that give +2 profane to all abilities along with specific elemental boosting trinket/orb combos.

The Twelve Trader did in fact have Racial Reincarnation Hearts (of Blood) for 20 Tokens of the Twelve. So while the hamster wheel is large... at least it will be easy to purchase ride tickets.

New quests are L10 heroic/L30 epic base. New raid only appeared to be 30 epic base. Quest givers near the Bank fountain.

Saekee
03-07-2017, 04:00 PM
The Racial AP awarded are accumulated. Presently, after 30 Racial Past Lives, you could have 10 to use in whatever Racial tree you currently have.thx for the clarification. will you do further updates or is this the end of them? It seems that gnomish weapon training is vastly superior than elvish and drow, which seems odd. Gnomish weapon training 3 and 4 get +2 hit and damage and expand the crit profile. As I suggested above, this could be done with drow and short swords and elves and longswords, (19-20/3) making some interesting build options.

Thyriani
03-07-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm running through the new quest The Newcomers now.... those platforms are horrible! Rest of the quest seems fun so far though.

zehnvhex
03-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Agreed! A new interface for the character bank wouldn't be a bad thing--unless it were changed to be something like the shared bank, which is an impediment to banking. I have my stuff sorted by tab, which isn't ideal but is a hell of a lot better than a long, paged, jumbled, unsorted mess--like the shared bank is.

Please please please don't do this.

Thirded. The shared bank interface is awful and always has been.

Steelstar
Also, is the Racial pass like done with these updates? Or are more changes planned for down the line?

Was hoping this would be a good opportunity to implement the Racial favored class enhancements that were abandoned years back.

Like halfling assassins or Dwarven defenders etc.

Currently it looks like only elfs/helfs will continue to retain the Arcane archer tree.

The ability to open an additional class tree is going to be a larger incentive to grind for all the extra 10 Racial aps

What's on Lamannia is everything that is planned for the Race Tree Pass. If you believe certain Trees or (especially) particular abilities need further adjustments, let us know here or in other Lamannia feedback threads, and we may be able to make adjustments.

However, there are no plans to implement further Class trees granted through Race trees (a la Elven Arcane Archer).

Halfling is a good all around tree, but not as good as Helf or Human. And Helf was just boosted. Halfling used to be the only race for a thrower, but now that crit threat increases can be gotten other places it's not really that important anymore. For throwers, many people want racial Arcane Archer for the capstone without being a pure Ranger (Dex and Doubleshot).

For this reason, very few good thrower builds would ever go halfling at this point. Halflings are left with 2 Dex, dodge cap +3, and 3 SA dice, and +3 saves. These are good all around bonuses, but you still won't see very many halflings running around at end game. For the one thing they excel at (throwing) they are far from the best race. They are a decent racial choice for a rogue, I guess. Not sure what else they are the best choice for.

Halfling Agility is garbage, remove it.
Heroic Cpmpanion is garbage, remove it.
Bring out the Leeches is garbage, remove it.

I recommend giving Halflings /onesome, but not all, of the following boosts:

+10% Doubleshot (2AP)
+30% Doubleshot Action Boost
Throwing Expertise Feat (same as Shuriken Expertise but for all throwing weapons that ARE NOT Shurikens).
Make master thrower a multi-select between +1 Competence threat range and +1 Competence Multiplier, or make one or both an Insight bonus for stacking.
Give Halflings racial PRE of either DWS or Mechanic similar to elven AA

tldr;
I strongly disagree, Halfling is not a race that stands equal with others, especially not after this pass. Thank you.

This is some good feedback. We don't intend to remove anything outright, but would be interested in how you'd like to see some of the things mentioned for removal above be improved to the point of usefulness.

jakeelala
I would have drow able to buff short swords to a 19-20/3 crit profile when maxing xendrik blades and have elves able to buff longswords to 19-20/3 with Grace maxed.

This would allow for some fun build options.

Also, make all the drow mobs in the game have this weapon profile too.

Yeah Drow are currently very weak also. They need more DC's, and/or more damage with racial weapons. Haven't done the math on the updates to the SLA but not sure it will make much difference.

Maelphistez
03-07-2017, 04:23 PM
While the Devs are still paying attention.... please, please, please look at dealing with TR-bank / Character-Bank issues with Racial Reincarnation. Most if not all of us who will really get into Racial Reincarnation have a fairly full TR-cache that we carry from life to life. In this Lama-build, we are forced to clear our TR-cache before we can Racial TR. Under the best of circumstances, this completely fills my character bank and mostly fills my inventory. When I Racial TR though, I lose two slots in both my bank and my inventory so it just doesn't work.

Ideal fix: Allow Racial TR without clearing TR-cache (like Lesser Reincarnation now) but reset favor reward (Bank and Inventory) tabs.

jakeelala
03-07-2017, 04:24 PM
This is some good feedback. We don't intend to remove anything outright, but would be interested in how you'd like to see some of the things mentioned for removal above be improved to the point of usefulness.

Well some of my suggestions you could do easily by making the abilities stronger (like master thrower being insight or multiselect for threat or multiplier, or let heroic companion be a multi select with the 30% Doubleshot boost)

Bring out the Leeches is a Dragonmark which requires a feat, AP, and has limited uses. That means the effect has to be awesome. Look at Elven displacement: most elves dont even take it because the requirements are so steep. They'd rather grind out displacement clickies or wear 25% concealment items. So that's your bar right there as probably the best Dragonmark (except for DDoor which is awesome but more useful than powerful).

Make this a full greater restore, with a Heal over Time effect with duration equal to Heal Score and healing for your heal score in positive energy every 3 seconds. ~100 Heal at end game for full investment in the skill would heal 3300 HP over ~3 minutes. Not too shabby, and limited uses with Dragonmarks makes this pretty nice. Feel free to move this to a higher tier if it would be too powerful.

Heroic Companion either needs to be spread to the whole party, or just massively buffed. I would double all the bonuses is gives at each tier, add MRR (and Dodge Cap to the dodge portion), and let it apply to the whole party. Or Quadruple the effects, and just have it apply to one person.

Halfling Agility should be Dodge and Dodge cap (no one runs around with less Dodge than their cap unless they're crazy), let it stack 10 times. But honestly, getting hit once on reaper is generally a death sentence, which makes this ability useless outside of lower level and lower difficulty questing. I'd rather see this be like a physical attack version of Deflect Arrows: once every 6 seconds you can completely dodge a physical melee attack that would have hit you. Feel free to make Dodge and/or even Mobility a prereq.

Dragonmarks need more power too, or just more healing.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 04:24 PM
A little peak at the base model of the male Dragonborn, for anyone not able to access Lammania. Hopefully that doesn't break any rules!

http://i.imgur.com/p5EzjTL.jpg

I'm quite impressed.

Talon_Moonshadow
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
A little peak at the base model of the male Dragonborn, for anyone not able to access Lammania. Hopefully that doesn't break any rules!

I'm quite impressed.

Thank you.

I would like to know the stat adjustments, and other details.
(female pic as well would be nice. ;) )

JOTMON
03-07-2017, 04:31 PM
While the Devs are still paying attention.... please, please, please look at dealing with TR-bank / Character-Bank issues with Racial Reincarnation. Most if not all of us who will really get into Racial Reincarnation have a fairly full TR-cache that we carry from life to life. In this Lama-build, we are forced to clear our TR-cache before we can Racial TR. Under the best of circumstances, this completely fills my character bank and mostly fills my inventory. When I Racial TR though, I lose two slots in both my bank and my inventory so it just doesn't work.

Ideal fix: Allow Racial TR without clearing TR-cache (like Lesser Reincarnation now) but reset favor reward (Bank and Inventory) tabs.

make the TR cache a storage chest that take up an inventory slot.
Then every time you TR you get a new storage chest that can be emptied but not added to.

This way it doesn't open every time you open the bank it opens like a storage bag.

tanuki013
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Can I get Racial Past life when Iconic race performs Racial reacanation?

Des0xyn
03-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Assuming it's a matter of time to get the 30 lives (and maybe more Racial Ap with each new race released in future):

This would allow builds like 41ap capstone in one tree and a full tier 5 in another (35-38ish ap). Or just using up all your current 80 aps on class trees and only using the free aps in race.

So probably a good benchmark is what would you get spending the free 10ap + 1 or 2 left over aps on (so total 12aps in a Racial tree)

For 12 aps:
Human/pdk get 1 action boost, 1stat, +2-3 surge to 1-2 stats, +40 heal amp.
Halflings get full dragon mark (heal)
Bf get recon
Elf/helf/sun elf get 15% asf, heal amp/spell pen (depending on race) and "almost free" access to AA tree
Deep gnome get +2 int/wis, colour spray, perm blur, stoneskin sla, +10 spell power / +2 illusion dc

Personally I feel the the impact of Racial classes at epic is less than heroics due gearing/ed etc.

These free 10aps are available from level 1 right? Since Racial enhancement tiers aren't locked by levels, human /elf/halfling would make it much easier to run reapers at lowbies

Hipparan
03-07-2017, 04:34 PM

I'm quite impressed.

Words cannot express how glad I am that they aren't chunky like Half-Orcs. Thank you for the screenshot and thank you art team! Looks great!

Cocomajobo
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Can I get Racial Past life when Iconic race performs Racial reacanation?

No. Racial Reincarnation is an entirely separate process. In addition, no Iconic Race may perform a racial Reincarnation.

Qezuzu
03-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Taking a look at an ability I've never considered before:

Darkfire's description has been updated to correct its DC. This SLA now scales with 150% Spell Power, costs 5 Spell Points, and cannot be countered.

Current description (from Wiki):

Spell-like Ability: Fires a bolt of darkness that deals 1d12 damage per character level, Reflex DC (10 + Half Character Level + Charisma Modifier) Half Damage. At levels 11 and 21 an additional bolt is fired. Effects that grant Action Boost uses give you additional uses per rest of this ability.

First thing that sticks out to me is the worthlessly low DC (a bard at lvl30 can get a DC of 69 (with a CHA of 98, and that's with everything.) At lvl12 your DC will be 36-37 at the very most, which is extremely meh when a sorcerer at that level can have Evocation DC in excess of 50 at that level.)

What does "has been updated to correct its DC" mean? Is the DC formula different, like Hand of Stone (which actually looks quite usable now)? If so, what is it now?

Second thing that stands out to me is the damage. At lvl30 it has a base damage of 585, and with Evil type it might as well be Ruin with a save since nothing is really going to resist that. Sadly I only know what sort of Light/Alignment spellpower you can get at lvl30 (outdated number, too,) but it's in the ballpark of 1000... and since this scales with it 150%, it's treated as having 1500 spellpower, right? 16x 585 is 9,360 damage before crits (and this is multi-hit.) Six second cooldown, 5 SP, essentially for free (Drow casters are gonna be investing in Drow tree anyway, and you can get free racial points...)

I'd call it overpowered but I still don't know the DC, Drow tree is otherwise pretty freaking worthless, its damage looks pretty underwhelming until you get a second bolt at lvl11, and since its CHA there's really only three classes that would be interested in using this, and only one of them specs in Light/Align spellpower normally.

Seems like a real strong sleeper option, but I could be wrong.

Pyed-Pyper
03-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Then every time you TR you get a new storage chest that can be emptied but not added to.

This way it doesn't open every time you open the bank it opens like a storage bag.

This is an excellent idea. Add the auction house search and sort interface and it would be perfect.

It is a real shame we won't get anything like that.

Bluebird6757
03-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Will the new quests and raid be ftp or will they be part of an adventure pack?

Cocomajobo
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Will the new quests and raid be ftp or will they be part of an adventure pack?

They are all part of a new adventure pack.

Failedlegend
03-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Purchased dragonborn for 9999 and the DDO store still wont let me use them, I can create them just cant play. I'd try again but Poincealot is being stingy!! :P

Avantasian
03-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I imagined humans with some small "dragon features".
This is way more awesome.

Failedlegend
03-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I imagined humans with some small "dragon features".
This is way more awesome.

I've got to agree their freaking awesome (gives me hope for kobolds :D), the only issue now is the other races all look super low rez in comparison :P A little sad no tail but I'll live.

Edit: Got more from Poincealot and purcahsed dragonborn again, no dice. :(

Failedlegend
03-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Update: If anyone else is having issues using Dragonborn bu gnome as well, dunno why it worked but it did.

That said you HAVE to do an unarmed attack with them, not sure if the keep it as a monk but their base attack they actually brandish their claws/teeth its awesome!!

icekinslayer
03-07-2017, 05:29 PM
The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:

CANNOT believe you added more ActionPoints to this game....the power creep will be UNBELIEVABLE...so Stupid.

Talon_Dragonsbane
03-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Is there any consideration to lower the xp bar? 30 racial lives at 3.8M is daunting to look at.

I assume brand new players should go 30x racial lives before doing 1st heroic TR.

icekinslayer
03-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Your game launcher isn't letting me download serialized data from your servers...fix it please?

Blastyswa
03-07-2017, 05:34 PM

I know you specifically asked the quoted person about their thoughts, but I figured I'd thrown mine out there as well.

Halfling agility's problem is in several different mechanics. One, in high difficulty content getting hit means you're dead. Two, most builds have dodge equal to their dodge cap before this ability, and so they don't need it. Three, if a build is using displacement, then the chances of them actually getting to 5 stacks, not even including AC, dodge, incorporeality, or anything else that could cause a miss, is a little over 3% (1/32). It also requires an investment of at least 3 AP to get to it. My change on Halfling agility would be something like:

Halfling Agility: 2 AP
For the next 18 seconds, you gain Dodge, Maximum Dodge, and Maximum Dexterity Bonus to light armor, equal to your character level. (Cooldown: 90 seconds).

Yes, that is a almost direct copy of Elegant Parry. It's not that I'm just too lazy to think up a new ability, it's that when I thought up a new ability everything was either "+5% passive dodge and dodge cap or something" which is rather boring and potentially incredibly powerful, or "For some amount of time gain extra dodge and maximum dodge, equal to something or another". Halfling Agility in the new form would allow a character with around 40-50% dodge currently to spike it up to 80% at cap, which is powerful, but usable only as an emergency button thanks to the duration compared to cooldown. Honestly though, I think that the cooldown for both this and elegant parry could safely be changed to 60 seconds without being overpowered.

Heroic Companion involves buffing others, which automatically makes it bad to anyone who's trying to boost up their own damage numbers. Even more than that though, it just doesn't make sense to me. "The sight of the halfling, standing 30 feet further back than the healer and throwing darts into a melee, encourages the fighter to wipe out this pack of kobolds so he can go back and yell at the little twerp" is about how I read it. I think changing it to the same current effects with one rank for 2 AP that grants the rank 3 version would be fine (So for 2 AP you get +1 W, +6 to hit/Saving Throws, +4% dodge and +10 PRR). The tradeoff would be though that you have to select another character to activate the action boost, and if that character dies during the duration the action boost ends. So instead of being the above interpretation, it would be "The sight of the valiant paladin, standing 30 feet ahead of the healer who is 30 feet ahead of the halfling, inspires the halfling to throw harder and more accurately, and dodge and shrug off attacks that normally would have caused him to run and hide. Unfortunately, a fat kobold with a crown shoots a lightning bolt through the paladin, killing him instantly, and the halfling instantly gives up his fantasy of not being a scaredy cat". The action boost would wear off after 20 seconds with a 30 second cooldown normally if the designated person doesn't die, and the name "Heroic Companion" would still be accurate.

Break out the leeches sadly just isn't that great. I don't know the last time I actually felt threatened by a disease or a poison, and negative levels are easy enough to regenerate through scrolls or asking for a resto. If this one couldn't be scrapped, I'd change it to something that at least also applies a healing effect. Really, something that acts as a spellpoints overtime ability that you can use on others would be best, but that might not be feasible.

I'd also increase the top rank of halfling guile to a 2 AP cost and make it +3d6 sneak attack damage, and I'd change bold to one rank that gives "You are now immune to fear".

Mr_Helmet
03-07-2017, 05:35 PM

I'm quite impressed.

A race without nipples. Hmmmmm . . .

Blastyswa
03-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Please change this. And I say this as a triple completionist who's main will not be affected either way. For racial reincarnation and a heroic past life to be acquired simultaneously, the player would still have to play a different class and race; at the most basic level this means "3x human warlock", "3x warforged sorcerer", "3x dwarven fighter", and "3x half-orc barbarian", but for more imaginative people on their TRing this leads to fun situations like "Hmm, I want a dwarf life but I'm also doing 3x wizard atm for the spell pen... Undead Dwarven Defender!". It also allows for there to not be a huge gap of power between alts/new players and TRs. I've never been on the "My alt doesn't have TRs therefore they cannot play this game" bandwagon before because heroic past lives offer small enough bonuses that they only approach necessity for DC casters, but with +2 to all stats but dexterity/strength and +10 racial enhancement points, you might as well toss in the minor heroic past lives with them.

Not to mention the numbers then come out particularly nice in the current state of the game, with 30 racial past lives and 30 heroic past lives attainable in 30 reincarnations for a new player/new alt, and 15 iconic past lives/12 heroic past lives attainable together as well, meaning that the heroic past life grind would basically be entirely enveloped by the iconic/racial past lives. This was such an incredibly beautiful way to do it (Especially if a new class is released relatively soon, which makes it completely perfect) that I was fairly certain this would be the implementation. I'm fine with more grind, but there's no reason it has to be so incredibly linear. At this point iconics might as well be divorced from heroics so that we have a total of 42 heroic+15 iconic+30 racial+36 epic past lives to get through (123 Total Reincarnations) as opposed to 30 racial (With 30 heroics included)+15 iconic (Which includes all the rest of the heroics and then some)+36 epic past lives for a total of 81 total reincarnations. That's almost perfectly cutting off one third of the necessary reincarnations to get all lives, and it makes so much sense it's amazing.

Failedlegend
03-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Surprised TBH since DnD has always had Dragonborn have mammery glands, don't really care, the sexes are differentiated quite well without the "obvious" indicators

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 06:14 PM
I've got to agree their freaking awesome (gives me hope for kobolds :D), the only issue now is the other races all look super low rez in comparison :P A little sad no tail but I'll live.

Edit: Got more from Poincealot and purcahsed dragonborn again, no dice. :(

Dragonborn don't have tails (they're not in the same lineage as kobolds, lizardfolk, and troglodytes).

And my screenshot was a bit lower resolution at 1600x900: I don't have a super computer, so I run DDO on moderate settings with no post effects or shadows.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Dragonborn get +2 str, +2 cha, and -2 dex.

Pyyro_del_Drago
03-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Please change this. And I say this as a triple completionist who's main will not be affected either way. For racial reincarnation and a heroic past life to be acquired simultaneously, the player would still have to play a different class and race; at the most basic level this means "3x human warlock", "3x warforged sorcerer", "3x dwarven fighter", and "3x half-orc barbarian", but for more imaginative people on their TRing this leads to fun situations like "Hmm, I want a dwarf life but I'm also doing 3x wizard atm for the spell pen... Undead Dwarven Defender!". It also allows for there to not be a huge gap of power between alts/new players and TRs. I've never been on the "My alt doesn't have TRs therefore they cannot play this game" bandwagon before because heroic past lives offer small enough bonuses that they only approach necessity for DC casters, but with +2 to all stats but dexterity/strength and +10 racial enhancement points, you might as well toss in the minor heroic past lives with them.

Not to mention the numbers then come out particularly nice in the current state of the game, with 30 racial past lives and 30 heroic past lives attainable in 30 reincarnations for a new player/new alt, and 15 iconic past lives/12 heroic past lives attainable together as well, meaning that the heroic past life grind would basically be entirely enveloped by the iconic/racial past lives. This was such an incredibly beautiful way to do it (Especially if a new class is released relatively soon, which makes it completely perfect) that I was fairly certain this would be the implementation. I'm fine with more grind, but there's no reason it has to be so incredibly linear. At this point iconics might as well be divorced from heroics so that we have a total of 42 heroic+15 iconic+30 racial+36 epic past lives to get through (123 Total Reincarnations) as opposed to 30 racial (With 30 heroics included)+15 iconic (Which includes all the rest of the heroics and then some)+36 epic past lives for a total of 81 total reincarnations. That's almost perfectly cutting off one third of the necessary reincarnations to get all lives, and it makes so much sense it's amazing.

^^ Everything he just said

nayozz
03-07-2017, 06:24 PM
half orc: what about reducing to 12 seconds cooldown of Raging Crush instead of 30s

half-elf dilettante: can he gain the same sly flourish given to monk after monk pass ?
(Sly Flourish: Melee Attack: +1/2/3[W] with +1/2/3 critical threat range. On Sneak Attack: Intelligent target also gains a -1 penalty to Balance, Reflex, and Will saves for 20 seconds. (Stacks 5 times.) (Cooldown: 8 seconds)
Passively provides: Reduces the threat of all attacks by 5/10/15%.)

drow: can darkfire sla have no charges ?

Pyyro_del_Drago
03-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Dragonborn don't have tails (they're not in the same lineage as kobolds, lizardfolk, and troglodytes).

And my screenshot was a bit lower resolution at 1600x900: I don't have a super computer, so I run DDO on moderate settings with no post effects or shadows.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Dragonborn get +2 str, +2 cha, and -2 dex.

Thank you very much for all the information, grateful that I don't have to wait to get home from work!

Powerhungry
03-07-2017, 06:55 PM
nipples are a mammalian trait - dragonborn are reptiles

jakeelala
03-07-2017, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Blastyswa;5948739]I know you specifically asked the quoted person about their thoughts, but I figured I'd thrown mine out there as well.
snip

These are all pretty good I think

Nandos
03-07-2017, 07:11 PM
•Drow
•Vermin Lore: Damage has been increased to +3/6/9

On live, this enhancement gives a bonus to hit and saves only. Do the release notes need an update or is it getting a damage bonus too?

Thanks

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 07:12 PM
nipples are a mammalian trait - dragonborn are reptiles

According to both wikis (eberron and forgotten realms), dragonborn are hatched from eggs (babies are called hatchlings) but they are then treated like mammals, as in they are nursed by female dragonborn until they are able to chew food (which is quite rapid, since they grow much faster than humans). They're born with an 'egg tooth' which used to break out of an egg (reptiles usually have this) which falls off within hours after being hatched. Dragonborn are also warm-blooded.

The only real difference between dragonborn and other mammalian humanoids (other than the obvious physicality) is they develop in an egg instead of a womb.

EllisDee37
03-07-2017, 07:29 PM
In our evaluation, Human and Halfling are relatively strong Enhancement trees that neither needed extra power (relative to the other Race trees), nor needed any particular abilities improved or repaired. In the feedback threads to come, we'd be interested to hear opinions on the subject.At very least, lower the cost of Human Ambidexterity from 2 AP per rank to 1 AP per rank, like you did with Drow.

EllisDee37
03-07-2017, 07:44 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I totally misread the known issue. It's saying that racial reincarnation isn't currently improving your 28pt / 32pt builds into 34pt / 36pt builds like intended.

]Do racial past life stat bonuses count for feat pre-reqs? Based on the known issue saying they don't yet properly appear in the stat distribution screen during character creation, I think the answer is yes.

If so, you kind of have to auto-grant completionist and let those stat bonuses count for feat pre-reqs as well, right?

Atremus
03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Please reconsider not granting a class PL with the Racial PL. Racial PL's should be similar to Iconic's in this regard no?

Zeleron
03-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Please reconsider not granting a class PL with the Racial PL. Racial PL's should be similar to Iconic's in this regard no?
I agree here, the iconic past life is essentially the same thing as a racial past life but they grant the class feat too. Although Iconics you go from 15-30 to either 1 or 15 again, where as racial/true you go from 1-20(considerably much less xp) to 1 again. I'd be willing to add a few extra levels(say 1-25) just to get both the class and racial past life together.

-D_Rock-
03-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I truly hope the draconic/half dragon race, actually have different color options according to their origin dragon. :/ sorry, dnd nerd for 30+ years now so i'd really hope they don't all look like basic lizardmen like displayed here............... don't fail me SSG ..........

Paisheng
03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
At very least, lower the cost of Human Ambidexterity from 2 AP per rank to 1 AP per rank, like you did with Drow.

Agreed, this is crazy 6 ap to receive these minor enhancments where everywhere else they are 1 ap. This is the only certain change the human tree needs to balance.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 08:29 PM
I truly hope the draconic/half dragon race, actually have different color options according to their origin dragon. :/ sorry, dnd nerd for 30+ years now so i'd really hope they don't all look like basic lizardmen like displayed here............... don't fail me SSG ..........

They're not half-dragons, they're an entirely separate and independent race. The color options look fairly limited, but you get a racial feat at level 1 that determines your energy resistance and breath weapon (black, red, blue, or white).

Alistina
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Is there a racial completionist feat? Or plans to introduce one in the future?

(Not sure if this has already been asked, haven't read all of the previous posts).

Gratch
03-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Hmmm... need to come up with some good dwarf [warlock] and warforged [warlock] builds to get +2 con on my characters as a first start. Swapping life to life between dwarf and warforged should be fun though.

So... only +1 wisdom and +1 strength available from racial PL's. That means your next two races need to exemplify those two stats. So Aasimar and MINOTAUR are next? Good plan!

The int racial past lives though... gnome and drow? urk. Maybe I'll just keep my spellcaster cha based.

-D_Rock-
03-07-2017, 08:37 PM
They're not half-dragons, they're an entirely separate and independent race. The color options look fairly limited, but you get a racial feat at level 1 that determines your energy resistance and breath weapon (black, red, blue, or white).

i've played dnd for 30+ years sir. they are half dragons in some campaigns. they are (dragonborn) in others. they are (draconic) in others. they also hate the dragon race with a passion. this is because they hate the dragon race so much. they do so because they remember all the wars fought amongst them. they are all the same through out dnd. dragon heritage. just dont like how SSG made em look like 'big lizardmen' when they can be so different. racists here lol :D (kidding of course)

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 08:50 PM
i've played dnd for 30+ years sir. they are half dragons in some campaigns. they are (dragonborn) in others. they are (draconic) in others. they also hate the dragon race with a passion. this is because they hate the dragon race so much. they do so because they remember all the wars fought amongst them. they are all the same through out dnd. dragon heritage. just dont like how SSG made em look like 'big lizardmen' when they can be so different. racists here lol :D (kidding of course)

I don't need the patronizing undertones, thank you.

Half-dragons are half dragon, half XXX race, like half-elves and half-orcs. I know they hate dragons. Their origin lore just isn't very detailed, so everything anyone says has a hint of personal opinion and flavor in it and not much is official canon. We're also talking about Eberron. Not Ravenloft, not Graymane, not Neverwinter/Baldur's Gate, nor any other Forgotten Realms campaign. In Eberron they're called dragonborn.

They look quiet different from lizardfolk. There are also time and resource constraints on the design team, so they can't create fully articulated, digitigrade legs and rippling neck muscles, etc.

Cordovan
03-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the Character Bank. The reason we are intending to switch it to the more modern UI is it allows us to offer more storage in the Character Bank. If we keep the old-era tab system, we are unable to offer additional Character Bank storage, which is something we get frequent requests to offer.

EllisDee37
03-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the Character Bank. The reason we are intending to switch it to the more modern UI is it allows us to offer more storage in the Character Bank. If we keep the old-era tab system, we are unable to offer additional Character Bank storage, which is something we get frequent requests to offer.Severlin has also used the term "more modern" to refer to the shared bank interface, but in terms of functionality it's a huge step backwards.

I never have and never will spend points on more shared bank storage because the interface is so poor. I have no organizational control over how stuff in the shared bank is listed other than redoing the entire list to change even one single item's position.

I have, on the other hand, spent points to increase character banks. Multiple times. And likely will again in the future. But not if it gets changed into the nigh-unusable shared bank interface.

Would your want your inventory pages to work like the a shared bank interface? If not, why not? That's why you shouldn't change the character bank interface to the shared bank interface.

HastyPudding
03-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the Character Bank. The reason we are intending to switch it to the more modern UI is it allows us to offer more storage in the Character Bank. If we keep the old-era tab system, we are unable to offer additional Character Bank storage, which is something we get frequent requests to offer.

What about adding a way to 'drop' an item into the large, scrolling bank for more organization? Kind of like this:

---Storage Bank---
-item 1-
-item 2-
-item 3-

Now, you drop in item 4 to where you want to put it.

-item 1-
-item 4-
-item 2-
-item 3-

The whole 'anything new goes at the very bottom of the list' is what people don't like about it. It totally kills any sort of organization unless you go to painstaking lengths. It ends up creating more space, but you still will have trouble finding items. One step forward, one step back.

How hard is it to simply extend the size of the bank UI to allow for more slots?

Ryethiel
03-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Known Issues:

Dragonborn

Bolts fired out of a crossbow by dragonborn (both male and female) originate below the crossbow itself.

That's ok. Makes it easier to line up shots with Improved Precise Shot on shorter enemies.

Go ahead and give the other tall races some of that love. ;)

Dreppo
03-07-2017, 09:03 PM

Thanks Steelstar. Here's my feedback on this.

Both races could still use a little refreshing to bring AP costs more in line with current trends, update to account for new systems (e.g. MRR), and/or bolster certain specific enhancements that are fine flavorwise but underused because they are currently so weak.

I agree humans are fine, and near the very top in racial power (in no small part due to their non-enhancement benefits). They don't need a buff per se, just some refreshing. I disagree that halflings are fine. Halflings are definitely near the very bottom in racial power. If you have internal data on racial choices I'm sure it will bear this out. So I think halflings definitely could use a bump in power in addition to refreshing. You are buffing other races that are already better than halfling.

Here are my suggestions for updating these two racial enhancement trees:

Human:

Don't Count Me Out: add +3/+6/+10 MRR under 50% health
Human Ambidexterity: 1 AP per rank
Skill Mastery: 1 AP (as Harper Agent Highly Skilled but only 1 rank)

Halfling:

Acrobatic: AC bonus lasts for 12 seconds after tumbling (fun synergy with Thief-Acrobat)
Cunning: change flat to-hit bonus to +2%/+4%/+6% to-hit (as Elf cores but only while sneak attacking)
Guile: remove Cunning prerequisite (Shadar-Kai Guile has no prerequisite)
Heroic Companion: 1 AP per rank, improve to +3/+6/+10 PRR and MRR (promote teamwork!)
Skillful Thrower: 1 AP (as DWS Improved Weapon Finesse but only for thrown)
Halfling Agility: 1 AP, add +1% dodge cap per stack (very weak currently, you need to get hit to activate it)

JOTMON
03-07-2017, 09:05 PM

I can appreciate the desire and opportunity for more space, but we need better management of that space.

issues like having to scroll past all the old things to get to the current items...
anything we currently put in goes to the end, not the beginning, and as a result we have to scroll/tab past several pages of items to get to the current stuff we are trying to interact with.
so now we wast time and resources flipping pages of inventory.

TR cache is still a separate space that opens every time we open the bank.. which is really totally unnecessary.

and we still have no decent management tools for our inventory.. while we see all the tools available for the AH....

My bag deposit box is up to 30 pages.. if I toss a variety pack of collectibles in there its a whole lot of page tabbing to get to the end.. or multiple poorly useful filters to wean down to the items I want to get to..

The banking system is in serious need of a better interface.. the AH interface would give us the tools we want.
Is there a reason why that can't be implemented to manage the entire banking interface..

Morroiel
03-07-2017, 09:06 PM
I'd rather see this be like a physical attack version of Deflect Arrows: once every 6 seconds you can completely dodge a physical melee attack that would have hit you. Feel free to make Dodge and/or even Mobility a prereq.

Dragonmarks need more power too, or just more healing.

I agree with most of what jak has said except this line. An ability like this would be game breaking on a roulette tank build - your looking at 30+% incorp, 61% dodge, 60%+ miss chance from AC, and the ability to rotate meld and imp uncanny if things get tough. You would literally be able to face tank anything in the game besides casters and mobs with dodge bypass.

An alternative would be changing it so that it occurs with a cool down of 30 seconds or more - even this might still be strong on the build listed above. Just be careful with adding any more avoidance abilities like this that are nearly free grabs. As it stands, the toon listed above is virtually immune to archers (w/ deflect arrow).

Halflings, drow, shadar-kai, elves, and maybe horcs (haven't plugged numbers in yet) are all in need of buffs to compete with the other races -> or conversely nerfs to the other races.

EllisDee37
03-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Maybe it'll help to show a concrete example of one of my character banks on live:

https://s26.postimg.org/h1d0nnyk9/Character_Bank.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/d4zorodkl/)
upload (https://postimage.org/)

This is one of my dual-box alts that serves as a bank mule for crafting augment blanks. For all accessories, the top row is colorless, second row is yellow, third row is green, and fourth row is either colorless+yellow or a second (backup) green. I can see at a glance what I have (no holes, currently) and what I need.

When crafting a new set of gear I'll check the ah and buy up any blanks I need there first, then go to this bank mule for any items where there isn't one in the ah at the time. Then for the next several days or weeks I check the auction house for blanks to fill any holes.

The armor is all blue slot, with increasing AMLs starting at AML10 in the top row.

Conceptually speaking, the character bank we have now is random access. The shared bank interface is a stack: Whatever you put in is added to the end of the stack. Random access is a more advanced design than a stack. Thus it sounds strange to refer to the stack structure as "more modern."

bracelet
03-07-2017, 09:19 PM

I would rather not have additional storage than deal with a shared bank inventory system. Your "modern" shared bank is a huge step back in usability. It's space consuming, not positionable, and is plagued with bugs, including those ridiculous timers that force you to stop interacting with it faster than 1 click every half second.

This will be very poorly received.

Qezuzu
03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
The bank, both character and shared, need a new interface. I don't know what it'd look like, but I know what it should be able to accomplish:

-search function (character, shared bank, inventory, TR cache, and bags simultaneously, but can settle for less)
-sort by A-Z, minimum level, and gear slot
-"tiled," not listed items (i.e. the character bank is 4x5 tiles of items, the shared bank is list of items.)
-customizable folders for items, or at least the ability to name tabs (e.g. name a folder "Rogue Life," put all your GXBs, disable/open lock, assassinate, etc. gear in there.) (advanced feature but it'd be nice!)

More character bank space is one of the most requested features that would really sell. It's something that needs to be done and it's something that needs to be done right. I routinely try to clear out useless stuff from my bank+shared bank but I still struggle with storage space, I only ever buy races+classes+packs (usually at heavy discount due to points from favor) but I would shell out for more bank space... but I really, really don't want the Shared Bank interface, where I can't even sort things in a logical fashion.

The TR cache should also be looked at. It's the biggest pain involved in doing TRs. With Reaper XP and new racial TRs, TRing is a big focus of the population and probably will be for the foreseeable future of the game, the TR process should be made as painless as possible.

I know UI work is a lot of investment but I feel it would be well worth it. Storage is one of the most decrepit basic features in the game.

Grinn
03-07-2017, 09:32 PM
You (SSG) already have a decent bank system you could use. The organizational side tabs can be named and the search feature is very well implemented.
It's in that other game of yours. LOTRO. And I'm sure it's able to have the expandability you would like to sell us ;)

Just sayin'

Powerhungry
03-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Hmmm... need to come up with some good dwarf [warlock] and warforged [warlock] builds to get +2 con on my characters as a first start. Swapping life to life between dwarf and warforged should be fun though.

So... only +1 wisdom and +1 strength available from racial PL's. That means your next two races need to exemplify those two stats. So Aasimar and MINOTAUR are next? Good plan!

The int racial past lives though... gnome and drow? urk. Maybe I'll just keep my spellcaster cha based.

Should be Aasimar and tiefling (can't imagine a kobold giving a +1 to STR since it has an inhernt STR penalty)

Mryal
03-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Dragonborn looks awesome.Im actualy impressed.

Please don't change the bank.
Why are there almost no changes on Elf tree? Others recieved a huge buff.

Half Orc power rage no longer requiring Barbarian levels means it works with Skaldic Rage from Warchanter?
Cold Breath Druid Spell is listed as Breath Weapon.Does this means it's affected by the new +DC to Breath Weapon effects?

GeoffWatson
03-07-2017, 10:29 PM
The Racial past life benefits seem really weak.
+1 to one skill?
The artificer past life gives +1 to 5 skills and isn't that popular.

Cocomajobo
03-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Cold Breath Druid Spell is listed as Breath Weapon.Does this means it's affected by the new +DC to Breath Weapon effects?

Yes. Was wondering if anyone would notice that. =P

Cetus
03-07-2017, 10:49 PM
No. Racial Reincarnation is an entirely separate process. In addition, no Iconic Race may perform a racial Reincarnation.

Is this for real? What am I supposed to do with my iconic character? Reincarnate him for no reason into a different race just so I can do a racial right after?

Yea, great plan.

Are you guys planning on giving us free hearts? Because I'm not wasting a nickel on doing a useless reincarnation just to get "access" to racial reincarnation due to my character being an iconic.

changelingamuck
03-07-2017, 10:52 PM
To echo the other comments about the change to the character bank to make it work like the shared bank UI. This is bad. The shared bank UI cannot be organized like the current character bank UI can. This change downgrades the organizational/sortable functionality of the character bank too much to justify the change regardless of the benefit of being able to add more item space to it.

Avantasian
03-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Is there no way to use the second inventory view for the character bank?

DANTEIL
03-07-2017, 10:58 PM

Yes, I have to agree with the other feedback on this point. Don't do it. While I don't mind having the Shared Storage for collectibles and such (because I don't have to look through it all that often), i would hate having this same system for my character inventory. Not being able to sort and organize would be a tremendous problem.

Thrudh
03-07-2017, 11:07 PM

I believe this is a fair assessment for heroic levels.

In epic levels, however, the halfling enhancements are not worth much unless you are a thrower.

My main has been a halfling for 9 years or so, and I LOVE the healing dragonmarks in levels 1-20. But I do not spend a single point in halfling enhancements anymore once I hit epic levels. 5 heals isn't worth all the AP. If maybe there could be a way for the heals to regen once you hit epic levels, then it would be worth spending points in that tree again.

Tilomere
03-07-2017, 11:26 PM
del

GeoffWatson
03-07-2017, 11:28 PM

My main has been a halfling for 9 years or so, and I LOVE the healing dragonmarks in levels 1-20. But I do not spend a single point in halfling enhancements anymore once I hit epic levels. 5 heals isn't worth all the AP. If maybe there could be a way for the heals to regen once you hit epic levels, then it would be worth spending points in that tree again.

Maybe allow dragonmarks to be powered by spell points once you've run out of charges?

Morroiel
03-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Thrower imbue builds are not WAI and are stronger than most WAI things in the game other than warlocks, and as such are not a valid reason to support changes to halflings. Non-imbue throwers such as kensai or rogue throwers are in a fair spot right now.

The fact that you think warlocks are stronger than thrower imbue builds is laughable and shows your talking about things that you don't understand. Also the arcane archer tree's power is mostly in the abilities that are WAI. Most builds would probably still take the arcane archer racial tree even if imbues didn't work.

There are a lot of arguments to be said for why halfling needs buffs in conjunction with the changes put forth in U35. 10 free racial enhancement points don't do much in the way of helping halflings anywhere near as much as the other racial enhancement trees (with maybe the singular exception of drow).

Thrudh
03-07-2017, 11:42 PM

I know it's probably way too late, but the AH interface would be cool... It divides up items into each category for you.

Morroiel
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Maybe allow dragonmarks to be powered by spell points once you've run out of charges?

Its a simple fix: allow draconic rejuvenation from thunderforged crafting to also regen dragonmarks.

Or alternatively add a unique item that lets you regen dragonmarks in a similar manner -> maybe put it into the new raid.

Thrudh
03-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Its a simple fix: allow draconic rejuvenation from thunderforged crafting to also regen dragonmarks.

Or alternatively add a unique item that lets you regen dragonmarks in a similar manner -> maybe put it into the new raid.

That's an interesting idea. The second one I mean... I doubt I'm ever going to get Thunderforged Tier 3 at this point of the game.

Pyed-Pyper
03-08-2017, 12:05 AM

Why can this not be done?

Auction House UI for shared bank - why can this not be done?

Tilomere
03-08-2017, 12:29 AM
del

Alistina
03-08-2017, 01:28 AM
What about adding a way to 'drop' an item into the large, scrolling bank for more organization? Kind of like this:

---Storage Bank---
-item 1-
-item 2-
-item 3-

Now, you drop in item 4 to where you want to put it.

-item 1-
-item 4-
-item 2-
-item 3-

The whole 'anything new goes at the very bottom of the list' is what people don't like about it. It totally kills any sort of organization unless you go to painstaking lengths. It ends up creating more space, but you still will have trouble finding items. One step forward, one step back.

How hard is it to simply extend the size of the bank UI to allow for more slots?

This is an excellent idea!

Powerhungry
03-08-2017, 01:33 AM
the power of the capstone needs to be redistributed down through the lower cores, .

So more power creep available at lower levels and to multi classes...

Silverleafeon
03-08-2017, 01:38 AM
Raid ~ took 4 to 5 players in on normal several times.
Died a lot.
Died some more.
Etct...
Brought a tanky Cleric.
Did manage to get to fight the first dragon and died again.
Looks interesting.

Black and Blue dual on normal.
Interesting quest.
Homecoming dual on normal.
Maps need refining.
Blocks in both are fun and interesting.
Liked being able to fight the dragons.
Dragon seem a bit unfinished with fighting.
Like the themes there.

New Equipment.
Overall, I see some gear that will be very useful.
Did not see anything in particular that was overpowered.
Seemed like a nice variety to me.
I liked granting spellcasting gear for the various elements.
I liked seeing Sheltering on something other than Slayers (which I have run a lot and still have not crafted sheltering yet).

Dragonborn
Looks nice good appearance choices.
Enhancement tree is very nice, a bit pricey but still nice.
Really like the dragonbreath.

Created Dragonborn Pure Sorcerer (fire) in Draconic Epic Destiny.
Not sure if all the bonuses were applying (caster level 34 fire spell correct?)
Was definitely fun to play.

Went thru 3 human racial reincarnations.
Bought the heart from the DDO store.
Did not encounter any bugs other than known issues:
Human I was triple granted
Ability Score was not applied to character creation (Human II)
Reincarnation Cache was not created.

Used the new Bank interface.
I like the new Bank interface better than the old one.
In fact, I would suggest figuring out some way to make the favored earned backpack and bank space permanent,
along with at the same time completely eliminating TR caches forever.
The only reason for a TR cache to exists is the loss of favor hence loss of space.
Definitely looking forward to more bank space, and would definitely like to see the TR cache gone for good.
But if not, I still like the new Bank interface better than the old one.

Looked over the Racial Reincarnation plan in the release notes.
It seems well thought out, allows for many more future races to be included.
It includes a built in racial completionist (no need for the feat).
I like the overall design very well.
It also allows you to build many more iconic races up to the point of one for each race someday.

Rebalancing the racial trees seems nice, definitely moving in the right direction there.
I would like to see a way to regenerate Dragonmarks somehow someday.

Thanks for the Dev event, good talking to everyone.

All in seems good Update.
This will go well with the recent Reaper, which grants big xp bonuses and incentive to Racial Reincarnate.
A typical toon could get a lot of survival points while doing these Racial Past Lives.

PS checked Vanguard action boost, and it appears to be fixed, thanks as Vanguard is a great tree.

Seljuck
03-08-2017, 01:50 AM
Just checked new char bank, it looks good, gives me room for my new and old (sentimental value :)) toys. it's great news that You guys plan to change it.

On the other hand, shared bank system, (even with search tab) lacks sort option. If I want check, or put all my boots in a row, it's impossible to do that.

I see few solutions to this:

1) Implement 'Sort option' to character bank, by level and item type.
2) Allow players to drag&drop items to character bank between already stored items, not to end of list.
- For example, If i have item 1,2,3 in my bank, let me throw item 4 between items 1 and 2. And if I want put it at end of list, just let me throw it on empty space in bank.
3) More extreme solution, revamp bank system to AH interface. I read here on forums someone's post about it. The more I think about that, it starts to look very interesting.

noinfo
03-08-2017, 01:58 AM

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't want to play heroics, this may change at some point but I am far far far removed from ever caring about it. I am sure there are many like me.

Next will come the reply's that its a choice to not do it. Well that is a false choice for most as many want to have at least their primary the very best it can be so will suffer through it or burn out and quit.

This will do nothing for the 1-20 game except get some old content replayed by myself soloing or with boxes or guildies.

How many times do you have to ignore the portion of the playerbase with regard to some sort of progression at end game? You did it with reaper by providing more incentive to TR for maximum reaper benefit (this is also not helping promote the lower levels because those who are trying to max their toons have no time for pugs)

Here are some suggestions though the hope of even having them read or considered is fading as support for the area of the game I enjoy fades.

1. Racial Pastlives 1-20 remain as suggested, if you like the 1-20 game this is for you.
2. Epic Racial Incarnation 20-30 based on your current race only you can reincarnate back to 20 to gain the bonus, you want a benefit from another race? Racial Reincarnate to the new race and repeat.
3. Racial Paragon, at level 30 you can gain xp toward racial paragon. As I understand it now you can gain 1 racial ap every 3 lives of a race until you work all the way through 10 races (30 lives with extra bonuses), for those progressing racial paragon they gain 1 racial ap for every x number of xp (24 million maybe? number to be decided). While these stack with the other racial ap they are still capped at 10 if this is the intention.

For me this would allow a combination that would be more palitable at least for my main.

I know that 2 int points from drow and gnome would be of great benefit so I would progress as follows:

1 change to gnome (yuck)
2 Go to 30 x2 going back to 20 then Racial to drow (this has allowed me to get the 3 life effect but remain primarily in epic content)
3. Repeat for drow
4. Consider another race for an extra con point or going back to morninglord
5. Continue to progress paragon xp at cap.

This gives greater flexibility and caters across your client base

(Reaper xp bonus at cap is another issue but needs to be considered as well, there have been many good suggestions)

sephiroth1084
03-08-2017, 02:38 AM
All of this.

I agree here, the iconic past life is essentially the same thing as a racial past life but they grant the class feat too. Although Iconics you go from 15-30 to either 1 or 15 again, where as racial/true you go from 1-20(considerably much less xp) to 1 again. I'd be willing to add a few extra levels(say 1-25) just to get both the class and racial past life together.
I really thought racial past lives were going to work like Iconic Reincarnation where you can get a racial and a class bonus.

Even if it required two items to perform, somehow, I would much prefer the ability to get both in one life.

Niminae
03-08-2017, 02:42 AM
Is this for real? What am I supposed to do with my iconic character? Reincarnate him for no reason into a different race just so I can do a racial right after?

Yea, great plan.

Are you guys planning on giving us free hearts? Because I'm not wasting a nickel on doing a useless reincarnation just to get "access" to racial reincarnation due to my character being an iconic.

Is this for real? What am I supposed to do with my Sorcerer character? Reincarnate him for no reason into a different class just so I can do a heroic past life right after?

Yes. If you want to. Not for "no reason," the reason is that you might actually want to do this. You know that no one is making you do this if you don't want to do it, right? But then again a trio of Wizard past lives sure does make breaking spell resistance a lot easier on your Sorcerer. You know, if you want to do that for the obvious advantages. Or you can save all your nickles, it's completely up to you. This hamster wheel comes fully equipped with carrots.

Re: The bank

Please use the already existing code for the action house or the LOTRO bank or even the (searchable) bags. And by the way the augment bag could really use a search feature.

The shared bank is a hot mess and would be the worst possible way to implement a bank change.

Kebtid
03-08-2017, 03:10 AM
All of this.

I really thought racial past lives were going to work like Iconic Reincarnation where you can get a racial and a class bonus.

Even if it required two items to perform, somehow, I would much prefer the ability to get both in one life.

Id rather not.
Without systems that force us to farm longterm we will question endgame and no addition of content.
This way we will engage a long term farm that gives them time to figure out what to do next.

grandeibra
03-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Since 20 Racial lives now gives +2 to 4 stats directly (and +1 to str and wis)

And epic completionist bonuses (12 lives) are directly given as well.

Any plans to make class completionist (which requires 14 lives) a given feat, instead of still having one spend a separate feat to get it?I never got how many posters view the epic completionist as free. You have to burn a lot of fate points that can otherwise be used for higher level twists on the other existing slots. Two of my three toons do not use the epic completionist spot, instead preferring multiple level 4 fate slots. Depends on builds obviously (one of mine is barbarian, which has less use for lvl 1 slots due to cocoon not working well) but in any case it is NOT free. It has a opportunity cost associated with - just like choosing to use a feat slot for heroic completionist does.

Dhalgren
03-08-2017, 03:47 AM

Unfortunately, the cure is worse than the disease in this case. The character bank UI might be more "modern", but it's simply an unsortable, paged, list. You could fit more stuff in it, but that's hardly useful if actually using that stuff becomes a matter of sequential-access hunting.

Were the new UI sortable or groupable, the change could be a good one. As it stands, it will make interacting with stored items prohibitively painful. Especially if the anti-dupe mechanism throttles paging speed.

Redgob
03-08-2017, 04:25 AM
The bank, both character and shared, need a new interface. I don't know what it'd look like, but I know what it should be able to accomplish:

-search function (character, shared bank, inventory, TR cache, and bags simultaneously, but can settle for less)
-sort by A-Z, minimum level, and gear slot
-"tiled," not listed items (i.e. the character bank is 4x5 tiles of items, the shared bank is list of items.)
-customizable folders for items, or at least the ability to name tabs (e.g. name a folder "Rogue Life," put all your GXBs, disable/open lock, assassinate, etc. gear in there.) (advanced feature but it'd be nice!)

More character bank space is one of the most requested features that would really sell. It's something that needs to be done and it's something that needs to be done right. I routinely try to clear out useless stuff from my bank+shared bank but I still struggle with storage space, I only ever buy races+classes+packs (usually at heavy discount due to points from favor) but I would shell out for more bank space... but I really, really don't want the Shared Bank interface, where I can't even sort things in a logical fashion.

The TR cache should also be looked at. It's the biggest pain involved in doing TRs. With Reaper XP and new racial TRs, TRing is a big focus of the population and probably will be for the foreseeable future of the game, the TR process should be made as painless as possible.

I know UI work is a lot of investment but I feel it would be well worth it. Storage is one of the most decrepit basic features in the game.
This. The new interface is game-breaking change for me. I use bank a lot while TRing and I'm not going to bother searching through worthless and slow page based abomination for hours at a time just to find stuff for level 10. Oh well, whatever, was losing interest anyway. Some people "asked for more bank space" so let's make it 20x more annoying to sell more! Good going. How about hire a decent programmer who will design and code a new UI? It's not a rocket science.

Vanhooger
03-08-2017, 04:53 AM
This. The new interface is game-breaking change for me. I use bank a lot while TRing and I'm not going to bother searching through worthless and slow page based abomination for hours at a time just to find stuff for level 10. Oh well, whatever, was losing interest anyway. Some people "asked for more bank space" so let's make it 20x more annoying to sell more! Good going. How about hire a decent programmer who will design and code a new UI? It's not a rocket science.

If the ui has a search functionality, I don't have any problem with that, otherwise I have to agree.

Dhalgren
03-08-2017, 05:29 AM
If the ui has a search functionality, I don't have any problem with that, otherwise I have to agree.

If the existing search functionality had shown that it could search on all useful information on items, then . . . maybe. But that is not the case. And we still wouldn't be able to sort stuff. Or organize things into readily-available groups. The existing tabbed interface isn't perfect, but at least it's not an unsortable, un-groupable jumble with intentionally (if necessarily) throttled pagination.

Ellihor
03-08-2017, 05:51 AM
Id rather not.
Without systems that force us to farm longterm we will question endgame and no addition of content.
This way we will engage a long term farm that gives them time to figure out what to do next.

So now destroying endgame is good?

Stoner81
03-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Miscellaneous

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD THIS BE ADDED!

Character bank space is so important for maintaining mules in some semblance of order, I have mine sorted in out pots, cosmetics, rune arms etc etc each tab is for something specific and dumping everything in to a similar system as Shared Bank is going to tick off a lot of players!

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

More storage is great!

Storage that is a PITA to use is NOT great!

Severlin has also used the term "more modern" to refer to the shared bank interface, but in terms of functionality it's a huge step backwards.

I never have and never will spend points on more shared bank storage because the interface is so poor. I have no organizational control over how stuff in the shared bank is listed other than redoing the entire list to change even one single item's position.

I have, on the other hand, spent points to increase character banks. Multiple times. And likely will again in the future. But not if it gets changed into the nigh-unusable shared bank interface.

Would your want your inventory pages to work like the a shared bank interface? If not, why not? That's why you shouldn't change the character bank interface to the shared bank interface.

+1 well said!

Stoner81.

Feralthyrtiaq
03-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Couldn't find em on DDO mobos, DDOwiki or other non-official DDO forums?

Would be nice to see given that some of us don't have time to get on Lammania to see first hand.

Kebtid
03-08-2017, 06:31 AM

Would be nice to see given that some of us don't have time to get on Lammania to see first hand.

To much effort to prsceen everything as it requires many sshots, il make em i guess on lama section if people want.

Astarii
03-08-2017, 06:34 AM

Character bank space is so important for maintaining mules in some semblance of order, I have mine sorted in out pots, cosmetics, rune arms etc etc each tab is for something specific and dumping everything in to a similar system as Shared Bank is going to tick off a lot of players!

Stoner81.

In a way i agree, but also feel like they could add the organizer in that is already there... yes i'm sure things have to get retrofitted for stuff. What i mean by the organizer tab, is on your character sheet, where you see your equipment, there is the 2nd tab on the left hand side. when you click on that, it can organize by all, weapon, armor, clothing, jewelry, pots, wands, scroll, ect.. i fee feel like if this was added, it would vastly improve things.

Currently, they have stated that they are not going to release this until after u35, so you don't need to worry. I like the idea, because to TR is such a pain, if i had things that where BTA or not bound i would put it in the BANK. but i've gathered so much that i would like to preserve and its very difficult to TR when you have to spend 1/2 day organizing. So, having more space/ is very much wanted. (but perhaps making the best of both worlds.)

Wizza
03-08-2017, 06:35 AM

To much effort to prsceen everything as it requires many sshots, il make em i guess on lama section if people want.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484656-Dragonborn-s-Racial-Tree?p=5949018&posted=1#post5949018

Feralthyrtiaq
03-08-2017, 06:45 AM
You rock!

shinsirhc
03-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Racial past life should also include class past life when tr'ing just like Iconics. Just saying.

SirShen
03-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Reincarnation
Characters can now undergo a Racial Reincarnation. The Past life feats are as follows, the first for the first reincarnation, the second for the second reincarnation. The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:

Items are preserved in inventory during a Racial Reincarnation, instead of being placed in your TR Cache.

Its now +1 and not +2? Wow you want us to go from level 1 to 20 and buy a heart for +1 to a skill. HAHA. Please change it back to +2.

Astarii
03-08-2017, 07:17 AM
You know, when thinking about it, it would almost be best to make a new Window or Tree like the enhancements for bonus racial points etc. For example, what happens if you ever add a race like Kobold, or Thri-Queen (like what i've always wanted), extra to the line up? Any yet alone, for all the stuff right now all stats except Str & Wis can get up to a +2 to that stat, it will not always be even. I love the system, but same token, its not like your get a +1 to all skills. or a +1/+2 to all stats, the AP it sweet, and that universal for any which is great so that is kinda exempt.

I'm just saying it does put us in a box where people would expect more stat bonus/skill point bonus/ AP bonuses with more races. So, it would almost be better if it was a Tree added, OR so permanent tome like thing that one would see etc. (i'm sure you would just have to be careful, because you don't really want an item because of duping problems ect.)

Steelstar
03-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Its now +1 and not +2? Wow you want us to go from level 1 to 20 and buy a heart for +1 to a skill. HAHA. Please change it back to +2.

It was never +2. You should get your information from more legitimate sources. :)

I truly hope the draconic/half dragon race, actually have different color options according to their origin dragon.

Per current Dragonborn lore, their scale color does not have any connection to their element/Draconic origin. (Read: We could not change that, even if we wanted to).

Blastyswa
03-08-2017, 07:47 AM
It was never +2. You should get your information from more legitimate sources. :)

Haha, but no really. It's fine for the first life to be the weakest, but at least make it a little relevant. I doubt that an extra point of UMD over the +1 is going to be gamebreaking, but it at least feels stronger.

Blastyswa
03-08-2017, 07:49 AM

More storage is great!

Storage that is a PITA to use is NOT great!

+1 well said!

Stoner81.

Personally, I'd be fine with the change to storage if they added one thing.

Let us name our items. That way people can name items "Yellow Augment Slot Necklace", instead of having to search "necklace" and go through 12 necklaces or stuff like that. It's just a quality of life thing mainly.

Wizza
03-08-2017, 07:50 AM

LOL except it was, indeed, +2. And I have a screenshot of it. Just..what even?

HuneyMunster
03-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Per current Dragonborn lore, their scale color does not have any connection to their element/Draconic origin. (Read: We could not change that, even if we wanted to).

Why not just make umd only +1?

Would be nice to see a more varied range of scale color though to include more prominent reds and blues.

Would I be correct in that Aasimar and Tiefling will be +1 strenght and wisdom for their past lives as these have just one from the racial past lives.

Astarii
03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
In a way i agree, but also feel like they could add the organizer in that is already there... yes i'm sure things have to get retrofitted for stuff. What i mean by the organizer tab, is on your character sheet, where you see your equipment, there is the 2nd tab on the left hand side. when you click on that, it can organize by all, weapon, armor, clothing, jewelry, pots, wands, scroll, ect.. i fee feel like if this was added, it would vastly improve things.

Currently, they have stated that they are not going to release this until after u35, so you don't need to worry. I like the idea, because to TR is such a pain, if i had things that where BTA or not bound i would put it in the BANK. but i've gathered so much that i would like to preserve and its very difficult to TR when you have to spend 1/2 day organizing. So, having more space/ is very much wanted. (but perhaps making the best of both worlds.)

Example:

https://s7.postimg.org/8c1ggjupn/tmp1.png

*** Just have 2 TABS! ***

you could add this nice feature to the bank as well

ned_ellis
03-08-2017, 07:54 AM
In a nutshell...

new race : good (for those who wanted it and they mostly seem happy with the result)

new content : good (only 2 quests+raid should have low price for premium users, yes?)

new loot : power creep + invalidates chunk of previous loot, as per usual of late - at least some is justified as being raid loot I s'pose.../sigh

new bank : highly needed but NOT in this way (see ANY post above mine for details; I'm in the AH UI crowd).

new racial TR : conceptually, breathing life into racial trees is a good thing for flavour, build diversity, lore, etc. but this way is a terrible idea for anything other than extreme elite players (or bored gazzillion completionist toons) that need/want the umpteenth hamster wheel to remain invested in the game. Before I get the whole 'you can choose not to' crowd angry with me, I repeat, interest in races is good, just not this way.
Proposal : maintain as is with the new Heart (to maintain revenue-generating item) but 'add' the racial tr to other (e/i)tr systems that currently exist (so no extra cache management problems, tiny possibility to not further penalise alts, etc.)? If the 'cost' is still not sufficient add an xp/saga/whatever cost at 20th and/or 30th lvl to add the possibility of doing the '2 heart TR'? Me, as is, will be ignoring it all.

Just my 2 cents...but in general, it really seems like the 'one step forward, two steps back' in DDO's development is here to stay. :(

SeveredSteel
03-08-2017, 07:57 AM
lol except it was, indeed, +2. And i have a screenshot of it. Just..what even?

ssoidh

SirShen
03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
LOL except it was, indeed, +2. And I have a screenshot of it. Just..what even?

Would be nice if you posted it please.

Wizza
03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
ssoidh

ROFL. It was taken with my phone but w/e.

http://i66.tinypic.com/mh4z6s.jpg

Astarii
03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
In a nutshell...
...but in general, it really seems like the 'one step forward, two steps back' in DDO's development is here to stay. :(

I personally disagree. I love all the new stuff, good direction (some/little refinement should be considered). I would say there some things should be considered 1st such as how does this effect future possibilities & potential for future races/bank size etc.

I don't think anyone has criticized Race AP points applied, excellent idea!

Mellkor
03-08-2017, 08:02 AM

It was +2 as posted on the release notes? I swear it was!

If it is indeed +1, consider making it +1 skill point per life, max 3. Or simply remove it, and make it first life is +1 stat, second is +1 AP.

:)

Astarii
03-08-2017, 08:02 AM

Err.. Alt-Print Screen & paint perhaps? or some other screen capture app is a good start... followed by perhaps a post image site?... :P

SirShen
03-08-2017, 08:03 AM

Thanks Wizza.

Steelstar
03-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Interesting. Ah well. It's already been fixed to the correct values.

Wizza
Err.. Alt-Print Screen & paint perhaps? or some other screen capture app is a good start... followed by perhaps a post image site?... :P

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying/implying.

If you are implying I used paint to change the number, I can show you my skills with paint by drawing a stickman.
If you are saying I need to learn how to SS, I know and thanks for the advice. I took it with my phone for my own reasons.

You are missing the point that the bonus was, indeed, changed from +2 to +1, while SteelStar is telling a person to get more legitimate sources.

I accept your "ah well" and raise with ":rolleyes:"

Splunge

I'd love to have more storage, but moving to the shared bank interface is a *really* bad idea. If you're going to make a change like this, you should fix the new UI first. There was a thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478970-DDO-Producer-s-Letter-September-2016) a while ago with a bunch of negative comments about this proposed change, and it looks like you haven't addressed any of them. Here were my comments from that thread. In addition to what I said below, it would also be much harder to see what I have on my mules and to be able to find what I need. (How many rings do I have with a green slot, and which rings are they?)

====
While it would be nice to have more character bank storage, I'd rather keep what we have than have it replaced with the current shared bank interface. I use the tabs to sort my stuff. Yes, I can search for items in the shared bank interface, but I can only search by name. That doesn't help me when I pull things out of my TR cache and store them in my character bank by ML so that they're easier to find when I level up. It also doesn't help if I'm working through a few epic past lives and store my level 26 gear set in one tab so that it's really easy to swap gear when I hit level 26. It also doesn't allow me to put certain "important" items in the first tab so that I always see them when I open the bank. It also doesn't allow me to put items that I'll no longer use this life on a separate tab so that I don't have to bother looking through them when I'm searching for something.

Of course, the best option would be if you improve the shared storage interface before changing the personal bank storage to use it. Here are a few things that could be improved with the shared bank interface:

- There's no easy way to move items around in the list.

- Paging through the shared crafting storage can be slow and painful. I have about 30 pages, and I sometimes use it to move items among toons. The last items added go at the end of the list, and it isn't always easy to search for them.

- Adding new sorting methods (ML, item type, reverse time order, etc.) would make it easier to use.

- Adding new search methods (ML, item type, item attributes, etc.) would make it easier to use.

- Having subdirectories in the storage that we can rename would really help with keeping things sorted and easy to find.

SirShen
03-08-2017, 08:10 AM

A sorry i made a mistake would have been nice.

Astarii
03-08-2017, 08:13 AM

https://s7.postimg.org/8c1ggjupn/tmp1.png

Is there objections to adding this to the current BANK UI??? This is still dynamic & paging could be added. With other slight modifications I personally feel this is what people could be looking for, which is really the best of both worlds. its how we get the extra space/ dynamically expandable w/ adding paging to reduce lag & other issues.

I realize one would not use this for there main inventory on there toon, but for a BANK its a different story.

ned_ellis
03-08-2017, 08:23 AM
I personally disagree. I love all the new stuff, good direction (some/little refinement should be considered). I would say there some things should be considered 1st such as how does this effect future possibilities & potential for future races/bank size etc.

I don't think anyone has criticized Race AP points applied, excellent idea!

I hear you, maybe I'm being too negative. I like reaper et al. even though I'm not a fulltime r+ player (but love the grouping), I like the groundwork for the divine 'pass', I like most of the quests in the last few updates, the flat xp curve, etc...there is good stuff, don't get me wrong! I'm skeptical of the long-term viability of exponential power creep / time sink is all...it further fractures the player base and is not overly newbie-friendly. That said, I'm still playing and I'm glad others like you are content though! :D

RTN
03-08-2017, 08:24 AM

Does your TR cache have to be empty when you do a Racial Reincarnation? If so, that's gonna suck.

Kebtid
03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Does your TR cache have to be empty when you do a Racial Reincarnation? If so, that's gonna suck.

Il assume no , i did it without emptying on lama.
But you can do any tr on lama without emptying your tr cache..

You only lose all your gear in tr cache, not a big deal.

edrein
03-08-2017, 08:33 AM
What's on Lamannia is everything that is planned for the Race Tree Pass. If you believe certain Trees or (especially) particular abilities need further adjustments, let us know here or in other Lamannia feedback threads, and we may be able to make adjustments.

However, there are no plans to implement further Class trees granted through Race trees (a la Elven Arcane Archer).

I would love to see the racial buy ins for class trees implemented as Sev hinted at ages ago. Even with the general AP cost reduction and tweaks to a few abilities and DCs, overall this still leaves most of the races feeling weak. In my honest opinion you've just made it so everyone will do racial completionist for the ten points, then they'll switch back to human to grab the free damage boost, heal amp, or the ability boost during action boosts. Atleast in giving us racial class combos, we'll see more variety in player builds from a racial perspective. As long as you keep the Elf/Half-Elf 14AP total, then atleast you've made it both a reward for completing the racial TRs as well as opening the room for more unique builds.

Blastyswa
03-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying/implying.

If you are implying I used paint to change the number, I can show you my skills with paint by drawing a stickman.
If you are saying I need to learn how to SS, I know and thanks for the advice. I took it with my phone for my own reasons.

You are missing the point that the bonus was, indeed, changed from +2 to +1, while SteelStar is telling a person to get more legitimate sources.

I accept your "ah well" and raise with ":rolleyes:"

+1 for an lol. I do love the implication that somehow you changed a screenshot that is clearly taken from a cell-phone at a weird angle, that I presume was for texting to people. I really would love to see ANYONE able to do that that isn't a professional photoshopper or something.

And I agree that it's troublesome the change wasn't acknowledged, but my assumption is that the original plan was +1 to skills, Coco accidentally put +2 to skills, and Steelstar didn't realize the mistake. With that said, I do think it should be changed to the +2 that was originally (accidentally) posted, because at least then it doesn't feel like quite as much of a waste. Or, as another poster said, have it be +1 for the first TR, +1 and +1 stat for the second TR, and +1 and +1 racial AP for the third TR.

Aelonwy
03-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Reincarnation

Assuming we eventually get Tiefling and Aasimar, and according to the information above we are at +2 Con, +2 Int, +2Dex, +2 Cha, but only +1 Wis and Str would it not have made more logical sense for Drow to be +1 Cha, and Dragonborn to be +1 Str then when Tiefling and Aasimar are eventually added they could be +1 Int, and + 1Wis respectively. Going from 3.5 stats Tiefling are +Dex and Int and -Cha, while Aasimar are +Wis and Cha. At that point we would be +2 to all stats.

muppette
03-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Nm

Astarii
03-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Assuming we eventually get Tiefling and Aasimar, and according to the information above we are at +2 Con, +2 Int, +2Dex, +2 Cha, but only +1 Wis and Str would it not have made more logical sense for Drow to be +1 Cha, and Dragonborn to be +1 Str then when Tiefling and Aasimar are eventually added they could be +1 Int, and + 1Wis respectively. Going from 3.5 stats Tiefling are +Dex and Int and -Cha, while Aasimar are +Wis and Cha. At that point we would be +2 to all stats.

I would agree, however you still have the problem of things not balancing out. The problem with Stat bonus how they are is its not even. new new races beyond that could be made without some imbalance. So, in my opinion perhaps when one become a Race completionistx1 add the +1 stats, then Race completionistx2, Race completionistx3. But at least it will never grow beyond 3, regardless of the number of races added.

For example, what do you add for the kobold if thats ever done? Or other humanoid races? Its really a problem. I love having AP added, but would almost be inclined to have 0 Stat bonus, if there would be a future problem with having other races added. I believe the same to be true with skills... but this would not be as important as stats.

Aelonwy
03-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks to Gingerspyce I just saw the character creation screen for Dragonborn. Devs please, please, please there needs to be more colors. They don't have to be vivid primary colors if that's against lore but some muted shades of blue, teal and violet would go a long ways towards contenting this customer.

A couple more columns with cool-toned color choices, I beg you. Most of the color chart is muted reds and oranges. Please add some muted blues, teals, and violets. Please.

Astarii
03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Thanks to Gingerspyce I just saw the character creation screen for Dragonborn. Devs please, please, please there needs to be more colors. They don't have to be vivid primary colors if that's against lore but some muted shades of blue, teal and violet would go a long ways towards contenting this customer.

A couple more columns with cool-toned color choices, I beg you. Most of the color chart is muted reds and oranges. Please add some muted blues, teals, and violets. Please.

True, there are Black,Red,White,Blue...Green,Yellow,etc dragons... not to mention Metallic & Crystal ones... but that is a different topic.

Krelar
03-08-2017, 11:08 AM

Less bank space that is actually usable is better than more that is not. (This change would make me less likely to buy more character bank space)

If you put some work into improving the shared bank interface it might not be so bad.
My biggest annoyances with it:

No way to organize things. (Probably hard to change, search doesn't cut it when I frequently don't actually know the name of the item i'm looking for just the general ML and probably what the icon looks like.)

Oldest items showing first. (Those are the ones I'm just storing long term, the things I put in recently are the ones I'm most likely to want to find.)

Scroll bar and pages. (Seriously use one or the other.)

Pyed-Pyper
03-08-2017, 11:32 AM

If the ui has search, sort, and filter functions* ...

Thar
03-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Reincarnation

Do these stack, so if you do 3 lives of each, get skills, +2 con, +2 int, +2dex, +2 chr, +1 str, +1wis and +10 racial action points?

changelingamuck
03-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Less bank space that is actually usable is better than more that is not. (This change would make me less likely to buy more character bank space)

Forget buying more character bank space... Considering that this change is actually a large downgrade in the functionality of the character bank space that I already purchased, it actually makes me regret buying what I already bought...

Thar
03-08-2017, 12:01 PM
If the ui has search, sort, and filter functions* ...

I recall seeing a search feature. It's basically like the shared bank with a search.

hi_sa1nt
03-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Does racial reincarnation reset the monster manual and crafting xp and quest xp?

Niminae
03-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Because the colors blue, green, red, and white are apparently under contract with other vendors?

Pyed-Pyper
03-08-2017, 12:11 PM
I recall seeing a search feature. It's basically like the shared bank with a search.

If that's the case (only a search feature), then it really would be a giant plate of fail.

Aelonwy
03-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Because the colors blue, green, red, and white are apparently under contract with other vendors?

That would be awfully unfair.

Just watched the weekly wednesday livestream, despite multiple people bringing up wanting more scale color choices especially blue and green, Cordovan didn't seem to ever reply to those comments. I wish they would just add one more column of color choices with some muted blues, greens, and violets.

Maelphistez
03-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Devs,

I mentioned above that the current build has an issue with TR Cache, Character Banks, and Character Inventory in regards to Racial TR. As it is now on Lam, in order to perform a Racial TR I am forced to clear my TR cache before I am allowed to proceed. Following a Racial TR, all my favor tabs are cleared and no new TR cache is spawned. Thus, I go from my current max of 260 items (1 "free" character bank and 3 "free" inventory tabs, 2 purchased character bank, 3 purchased inventory, 2 favor character bank, and 2 favor inventory) to a max of 180 items (-4 favor tabs). Not only do I lose that space, but 120 of those available slots are in my character inventory meaning my now level 1 character has to lug all that weight around as well as risk damage to unbound items. This is distinctly sub-optimal and a severe disincentive for me to participate in racial reincarnations.

Please let us know if and how this will be addressed. There are several possibilities that I can see that would work;

1) Spawn a TR cache on racial TR. --> Code already exists, easily accomplished, doesn't help with "bank lag" from having to read the TR cache every time you go to a banker.
2) Do not require TR cache to be cleared for racial TR. --> Not optimal as we will have to do a Heroic / Iconic TR to move items to a TR cache in the first place. Code already exists (see lesser reincarnations), easily accomplished, doesn't help with "bank lag" from having to read the TR cache every time you go to a banker.
3) Change TR caches into "deposit boxes". This idea is that on TR, all of your gear gets placed into level-gated boxes (1-10, 11-20, 21-30) that are spawned into your inventory on TR. These boxes should have 0 weight and each should occupy only a single slot in your inventory. When activated, all of your items should then be spawned into your inventory. This would require a whole new set of coding (drawing from the code for iconic equipment boxes) but fixes the problem as well as removing the TR cache "bank lag" that currently causes so many problems on live.

Qhualor
03-08-2017, 12:23 PM
I know that Human is not on the list, but I would like to bring attention to the first core. With racial reincarnation here it's more important now to point out that the first AP you spend in the tree could very well be a waste or non optional. I recommend moving it to T2 and moving either Improved Recovery or Don't Count Me Out to core 1. I am fine with lowering heal amp to 10.

Any word yet on racial completionist?

Evin_Drake
03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
ER'd a Dragonborn Sorc. When making selections for 2nd level while re-leveling to 20, the UI asked me to select 3 1st level spells. This is of course wrong, but UI would not let me proceed until I selected 3 spells. When then trying to "finish" taking 2nd level, received "(Error): Invalid Advancement Data!". This leaves my char stuck in the bridge between worlds unable to advance or reset. I submitted a bug report, but also wanted to post here to see if anyone else has had any Reincarnating issues.

changelingamuck
03-08-2017, 12:28 PM

That's the same as the shared bank; the shared bank has a search-by-item-name field. And it still means needing to create and maintain our own lists/spreadsheets organized by-level-at-which-items-are-equipped or whatever other form of organization/sorting people previously used to arrange their character banks. If one wants to not have a disorganized mess of a character bank.

It's sacrificing significant UI functionality (some, myself included, would say necessary UI functionality) for the sake of an easier implementation of a way to add more character bank storage space.

Noir
03-08-2017, 12:29 PM
I don't know if it matters but the lamannia client download link still points to Turbine.

http://content.turbine.com/sites/clientdl/ddo/preview/ddopreview.exe

EllisDee37
03-08-2017, 12:38 PM
I recall seeing a search feature. It's basically like the shared bank with a search.Shared Bank has had a search feature for a while now.

TPICKRELL
03-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Any word yet on racial completionist?

On today's stream, Cordovan said that there will not be a racial completionist.

Qhualor
03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
On today's stream, Cordovan said that there will not be a racial completionist.

Thanks. I'm actually happy about that. I already thought 10 AP for all racial past lives was plenty power creep.

Qhualor
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
A lot to read in this thread, but I still don't understand why your items can't go into your TR cache when doing racial past lives. It sounds to me like it works similar to an epic reincarnation? But devs are saying this is how they can improve the banking system? I guess I'm a little confused by this.

Splunge
03-08-2017, 12:55 PM
That's the same as the shared bank; the shared bank has a search-by-item-name field. And it still means needing to create and maintain our own lists/spreadsheets organized by-level-at-which-items-are-equipped or whatever other form of organization/sorting people previously used to arrange their character banks. If one wants to not have a disorganized mess of a character bank.

It's sacrificing significant UI functionality (some, myself included, would say necessary UI functionality) for the sake of an easier implementation of a way to add more character bank storage space.

And what makes it even worse is that they got some pretty detailed feedback about this 5-6 months ago and chose to do nothing about it.

zehnvhex
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Maybe a hybrid bank system? The 4 tabs are nice for basic stuff like my gear sets and so forth but I could care less about the organization of things such as various raid flagging stuff, potions, stuff I'm hanging onto for a future TR but have no immediate need for and so on.

TPICKRELL
03-08-2017, 01:00 PM
A lot to read in this thread, but I still don't understand why your items can't go into your TR cache when doing racial past lives. It sounds to me like it works similar to an epic reincarnation? But devs are saying this is how they can improve the banking system? I guess I'm a little confused by this.

Reading between the lines in the known issues and Dev comments, it looks like it is supposed to make a TR Cache, but the current build on Lammania doesn't work.

Thrudh
03-08-2017, 01:02 PM
This. The new interface is game-breaking change for me. I use bank a lot while TRing and I'm not going to bother searching through worthless and slow page based abomination for hours at a time just to find stuff for level 10.

Although I agree they can do much better with the bank interface, how is this change any different than searching through your TR cache for level 10 stuff? Doesn't seem like much of a reason to get upset.

SirValentine
03-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Severlin has also used the term "more modern" to refer to the shared bank interface, but in terms of functionality it's a huge step backwards.

+1 to all that. I want more storage space, but not at the cost of making it so much harder to use.

changelingamuck
03-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Although I agree they can do much better with the bank interface, how is this change any different than searching through your TR cache for level 10 stuff?

With the current character bank UI, you can remove items from your TR cache and sort/organize them as you like in your character bank. You can no longer do that with this change.

SirValentine
03-08-2017, 01:24 PM
It is similar to True Reincarnation in that regard (and most things in general).

Why isn't it just called Racial True Reincarnation, then?

Right now, you have a very clear distinction:
1. The various types of True Reincarnation, which involve creating a new character, having all quests/favor/flagging/etc. deleted, gear moving to TR cache, and starting over at beginning level (1 or 15 depending on race). E.g., Heroic True Reincarnation, Iconic True Reincarnation.

versus

2. The various types of Reincarnation that are not True, which involve respeccing, but do not reset quests, do not involve creating a whole new character from scratch, do not delete/reset quests, do not use the TR cache, and do not start over at level 1 or 15. E.g., Lesser Reincarnation, Epic Reincarnation.

If Racial works like #1, just include the word "True" in the name as a 3rd type of True Reincarnation.

Redgob
03-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Although I agree they can do much better with the bank interface, how is this change any different than searching through your TR cache for level 10 stuff? Doesn't seem like much of a reason to get upset.
Huh? Obviously I have gear sorted by levels. When I level up, I swap to a mule and copy contents of a tab to shared bank and log back to the character that needs it. With shared bank interface it's an unsorted mess. And I definitely not remember all these "+4 something of something else" type item names to use the "search" option. And I keep only BTC stuff in TR cache.

Powerhungry
03-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Reincarnation

Do these stack, so if you do 3 lives of each, get skills, +2 con, +2 int, +2dex, +2 chr, +1 str, +1wis and +10 racial action points?
correct

Sqrlmonger
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM
The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI.

What, couldn't get the TR cache interface to work?

Jokes aside, this is just about the worst possible change you could make to banking. Only the TR cache interface would be worse, and its limitation of "withdrawals only" is obviously bad for a bank interface, but only slightly more obvious than the shared bank.

Seriously, kill this idea with extreme prejudice, douse it in gasoline, torch the damn thing, toss it off a cliff, put a brick on the accelerator of your gas pedal sending your car careening off after it with a full tank of gas and a trunk full of nitro just to make sure the job is done.

There aren't enough ways to describe how horrifically bad this idea is...and hopefully very soon you will make the anouncement that will allow me to start saying "there aren't enough ways to describe how horrifically bad this idea was".

Kill it. Kill it. Kill it. Kill it. Kill it.

Thank you for your reasoned consideration,
-Sqrl

J-mann
03-08-2017, 01:51 PM
What, couldn't get the TR cache interface to work?

Jokes aside, this is just about the worst possible change you could make to banking. Only the TR cache interface would be worse, and its limitation of "withdrawals only" is obviously bad for a bank interface, but only slightly more obvious than the shared bank.

Seriously, kill this idea with extreme prejudice, douse it in gasoline, torch the damn thing, toss it off a cliff, put a brick on the accelerator of your gas pedal sending your car careening off after it with a full tank of gas and a trunk full of nitro just to make sure the job is done.

There aren't enough ways to describe how horrifically bad this idea is...and hopefully very soon you will make the anouncement that will allow me to start saying "there aren't enough ways to describe how horrifically bad this idea was".

Thank you for your reasoned consideration,
-Sqrl

You forgot to add, take off in your space ship and nuke it from orbit..... its the only way to be sure.

Wongar
03-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Please consider changing Dwarf - Dwarven Shield Mastery to bring AP costs in line with other similar enhancements:

Dwarven Shield Mastery - currently 2AP per rank, compare to:
-- Stalwart Defender - Stalwart Shield Mastery 1 AP per rank for same benefit
-- Sacred Defender - Sacred Shield Mastery 1 AP per rank for same benefit

Qhualor
03-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Reading between the lines in the known issues and Dev comments, it looks like it is supposed to make a TR Cache, but the current build on Lammania doesn't work.

Eh, guess I would need to see it in action on Lama before I could give a better like or don't like.

Cordovan
03-08-2017, 03:17 PM
We expect to have racial reincarnation work the same way as a Heroic True Reincarnation when it comes to inventory management by the time it's released.

memloch
03-08-2017, 03:22 PM

While doing epic lives I keep the gear needed for different levels together so it is easy as I level up in epics to change my gear set. Some gear last through more levels than others and the new system will mix them up and also shove everything to the bottom of the list. That means I need to page through inventory till I get to the end to find the item I want.

Niminae
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
That would be awfully unfair.

Just watched the weekly wednesday livestream, despite multiple people bringing up wanting more scale color choices especially blue and green, Cordovan didn't seem to ever reply to those comments. I wish they would just add one more column of color choices with some muted blues, greens, and violets.

I'm not sure why this is considered unfair.

Adding color options that match the clear elemental associations of the race seems to be a natural choice.

Aelonwy
03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure why this is considered unfair.

Adding color options that match the clear elemental associations of the race seems to be a natural choice.

You misunderstand I was saying it would be awfully unfair for us to be limited in our palette choices if the "colors" were some how under contract for another game vendor.

Bolo_Grubb
03-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I would just like the bank to have a sorting ability for all banks. Personal, TR, shared and crafting.

Sort by name, sort by level something. That would make it much more useful for me. Sometime I can 't remember the exact name of an item, but if I could sort by level then at least I have an smaller subset I can check as I reach those levels.

dunklezhan
03-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Understood. However, I would like to add to the discontent. The TR Cache and Shared Bank are banes of my life when it comes to finding stuff. The bank search is just about bearable, but its not filtered the same way as the auction house, and it has no metadata on the items to search for. I can't filter or search for 'armor' (or 'armour') and just see armours.

With the shared bank, I have to know what's in there by name or scroll through however many pages looking. The character bank as it is now, and my inventory itself, I can actually organise. E.g. 'blanks waiting to be crafted on on the last tab, first tab free for putting things away when I outlevel them, other tabs for things I'm going to wear later' in the bank and for my character inventory I organise like 'bags, ingredients, and quivers on tab 1, potions however many more tabs I need, single slot items like trinkets and hats after that, then 1 and 2 handers which get all mixed up when I use them'.

Its a system I can follow with all my characters. Its important for management of space, items, planning and just generally minimising downtime between quests sorting **** out.

If you want to redo it, please just do it like the alternate character inventory view you brought in a few years ago with the category buttons across the top. I don't actually use it, but if it was that or have my character bank end up like the shared bank, then I'd choose that a hundred times over - at least it sorts things into some semblance of categories. You seem to manage to sell bag space for the character inventory just fine.

I would prefer, in fact, that you just added that categorised view option to the character bank, shared bank and TR Cache and otherwise left them alone till you're ready to do a unified revamp with all the cool features as well as the ability to sell as much space as you want.

On the plus side from the release notes, the changes to the chain attack - essentially the only reason I bought shadar kai - mean I might actually finally roll up a shadar kai. So certainly thanks very much for this.

SuperNiCd
03-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I'm going to run out of time before I'm able to read this entire thread. So in the interest of getting my 2 cents in in time, for whatever my two cents are worth.

This looks like a really cool update - thanks for this. I am pretty stoked about dragonborn, racial PLs, and the new adventure pack.

I agree with the others on the shared bank UI. Would really like to see it improved a bit before it replaces the character inventory UI. But more storage would be most welcome.

I agree with the others who have said that they'd like to see racial reincarnation also give the class PL feat, for the reasons that have already been sited.

DeltaBravo
03-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Here are the Lamannia Release Notes for Update 35, released for preview on 3/7/2017. These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

Dragonborn
A new player race is available! The Dragonborn is free to VIP players, and available to purchase in the DDO Store for everyone else. NOTE: Character paths are not available for Dragonborn characters at this time. I like how the dragonborn looks and think the design is well done, the bugs i have seen on em seems to allready been noticed.

New Raid
A new raid is now available for preview! Riding the Storm Out can be accessed by the NPC named Dalwyneth, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace. Its a decent raid personally i think that the lightning stike in the second room is a bit to high i was getting hit for 600-800 on normal. maybe lower that a little ? The raid items you can get for me looks to be bit random designed. and i would love to see more stuff with clikies (displacement, teleport, jump, haste, tensors, deadly and more on, some of the items. i think the boots with the quell effect is only item that really stand out as special and still for me is a bit meh- I also think that adding a raid augment could be a very cool thing.. add a +60vitality augemt and people will run this raid just for that thing. and its not overpowerd . Adding more items with +7 (or higher insight full stat bonus would also be a huge boost to the items. they are simple not keeping up with items from other raids or set bonuses. And with theese upgardes items like slavers items will stil be great and the raid items will fill in slots wich you have free.

Two New Quests
Two new quests are now available for preview! Both The Newcomers and Black and Blue can be accessed by the NPC's Yoldorim and Mikyra respectively, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace. black and blue. i missed alot more collectibles in that one, and i felt like going troough the lightning water phases was kinda the same all 3 times. last one with the levers was a bit diffrent. Maybe add a optinal boss in one of em ? along with a chest. ?

Racial Reincarnation
Players can now choose to have their characters undergo a racial reincarnation! The process is similar to a True Reincarnation, and can be done by visiting the Reincarnation Grove in the Hall of Heroes. A new item called a Heart of Blood is needed for Reincarnation, which can be purchased in the DDO Store and via Tokens of the Twelve. I actully like the benefits from Racial TR. but i would have loved to see it follow up in a combo with your Class PL aswell. that ofc. means no iconic could do a racial TR though. I could live with that., Also i do think that the benefit you get from doing all 30 is good but not as good as getting the heroic completionist PL. How about adding a free feat selcetion as a raceial completionist ? would bring up more interest IMO: and would be a prober reward-

News and Notes:

Combat
Monsters killed by instant death effects will now share their aggro normally to their allies.
did not notice anything not working there for me.
Dragonborn
Dragonborn's enhancement tree is available for preview.

Enhancements

Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now properly benefits from abilities that grant Extra Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now has a cooldown consistent with other Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
Vanguard's Melee and Ranged Power Boost now shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Ravager's Melee Power Boost now has text properly reflecting that it also grants Ranged Power.
Battle Engineer's Action Boost: Damage has been changed to Action Boost: Melee and Ranged Power.
Weapon Attachment's cooldown is now 15 seconds for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Artificers. Its induction time is now 2 seconds, and will no longer disappear when traveling through portals.
Henshin Mystic's Balance in Dawn's healing now scales properly in Reaper difficulty.
Many racial enhancement trees have been adjusted. The adjustments are as follows:

Warforged and Bladeforged

Repair Systems has had its cost reduced to 1 Action Point per rank.
(Warforged Only): Mithral Fluidity reduces Armor Check by 2/4/6.
Warforged's Adamantine Fluidity is now 4/8/12.
Bladeforged's Brute Fighting now matches the rest of the game.

Half-orc

Orcish Weapon Training is now +1/2/3/4 to-hit and damage with one-handed Melee weapons, and +2/4/6/8 with two-handed Melee weapons.
Lock Bash is no longer tied to a Dragonmark or Sunder. This enhancement now has a cooldown, and a new animation. Lock Bash is no longer influenced by or required to have Thieves' Tools.
Orcish Rage is now an Action Boost: Orcish Rage now grants +40 Melee Power and a +2 Primal Bonus to Strength, and no longer reduces Physical Resistance Rating. Orcish Rage continues to prevent spellcasting, and causes monks to be uncentered /( iam personally really sad about this.. you have just tried to update monks to do more DPS and now you nerf em again... . This Action Boost shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Power Rage now has a third rank, and the Barbarian requirement has been removed.
Brutality is no longer specific to two-handed weapons.
Raging Crush no longer has limited uses, nor requires Raging. Raging Crush does +3[W] and has a 30 second cooldown.

Half-elf

Improved Dilettante has had its cost reduced to 1 AP.
Dilettantes now have the following benefits in addition to what they already do, unless indicated:

Artificer: +30 Spell Points
Barbarian: +10 (instead of +5) Hit Points
Bard: +30 Spell Points
Cleric: +30 Spell Points
Druid: +30 Spell Points
Favored Soul: +30 Spell Points
Fighter: +1 to hit
Monk: Removed the Centered requirement
Sorcerer: +30 Spell Points
Wizard: +30 Spell Points

Half-elf Dilletante Tier 2:

Spellcasting: Increased Spell Power to +5.
Fixed base damage of Sly Flourish to +1[W].

Half-elf Dilletante Tier 4:

Barbarian: +10 Hit Points
Spellcasting: Spell Power has been increased to +5
Rogue: Cooldown is now 30 seconds. The Saving Throw has been updated to properly reflect full character level, and the Bomb DC boost has had scaling added.

Diplomatic Immunity now lasts for 60 seconds, or until you attack, and now has a 120 second cooldown.

Dwarf

Child of the Mountain no longer reduces Reflex Saving Throws.
Dwarven Hands of Stone's DC is now 10 + Character Level + Constitution modifier + Transmutation Bonuses
Dwarf Fortress now works when wielding a Thrown Weapon with your Shield.
Bonus to damage is now a unique bonus to Melee and ranged Power

Drow

Vermin Lore: Damage has been increased to +3/6/9
Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
Faerie Fire no longer has a Saving Throw, its effect now lasts for 10 seconds, it no longer uses charges, and now costs 2 Spell Points. The Druid spell version also no longer has a Saving Throw, and lasts for 10 seconds.
Darkfire is affected by the Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge, and Intensify Metamagic Feats.

Elf

Nothing is Hidden has had its cost reduced to 1 AP. This also applies to Drow, Morninglord, and Shadar-kai.

Shadar-kai

Spiked Chain Attacks (and their upgrade effects) now scale with 200% Melee Power.
Winter Favored now scaled with Melee Power.
Vicious, Slashing, and Forceful Chain have had their cost reduced to 1 AP.

Epic Destinies

Legendary Dreadnought's Action Boosts should not fail as often when activating several things rapidly.

Items

Heroic Executioner's Platemail was using Epic Armor Class values. This has been corrected.
Players with outdated versions of Firebreak (Heroic and Epic), Wall of Wood (Heroic and Epic), and the Epic Corruption of Nature can now update these items in the Stone of Change.
Monsters
Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.

Reincarnation

with only 10 racial stats points here. i know you cant have +2 in all of em.. but it seems unfair to me that Str, and wisdom gets nerfed, what about removeing the con i know thats the feat all will want but then again its also the only stats point that wont give you much mor ethe a bit of HP and +1 fort save. To make the balance in that then add a +5 HP to the +1 skill point. you get.. that wouls mean everybody will actully get something usefull when they do a racial TR. even the first time.- it would give em a +50 HP when gone trough the first 10 racail PL on each race. Small benefit but would make sense all in all. And +50HP from 10 racial Pl is not bad .. but not overpowered at all. O and also missing concentraion as +1 skill i much rather have that then haggle.
Items are preserved in inventory during a Racial Reincarnation, instead of being placed in your TR Cache.Needs to be like the old TR cache

Miscellaneous

The Captain has been added to the Lamannia Test Dojo. This NPC gives characters all Guild Buffs available.
Update 35 items can now be found in the Test Dojo.
The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI. Plese dont this is soooo annoying scrolling all the way up and down is a nightmare.(Note: This is very likely NOT going live until after U35.)

All in all i think its a good update.. i personnaly needs to see better items from the raid, before i can see alot of benefit from that one other then just running it for the guildies fault.Wich also wont really need anything from there ? The racecial PL needs be a bit more ballanced and give more benefit in the first racail PL other then +1 skill bonus. hopes this helps out some.
Cheers Deltabravo

edrein
03-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Yes. Was wondering if anyone would notice that. =P

Sadly the item that boosts breath attack DCs is dragonborn exclusive. Feels like druids and Draconic destiny users are losing out on a niche item.

Franburble
03-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Is anyone else getting the "unable to decrypt and de-serialize" update error at around 77% on checking dat files?

Cetus
03-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Is this for real? What am I supposed to do with my Sorcerer character? Reincarnate him for no reason into a different class just so I can do a heroic past life right after?

Yes. If you want to. Not for "no reason," the reason is that you might actually want to do this. You know that no one is making you do this if you don't want to do it, right? But then again a trio of Wizard past lives sure does make breaking spell resistance a lot easier on your Sorcerer. You know, if you want to do that for the obvious advantages. Or you can save all your nickles, it's completely up to you. This hamster wheel comes fully equipped with carrots.

Re: The bank

Please use the already existing code for the action house or the LOTRO bank or even the (searchable) bags. And by the way the augment bag could really use a search feature.

The shared bank is a hot mess and would be the worst possible way to implement a bank change.

Good job at missing the point, obviously conditional statements are difficult to interpret....

**IF** I want to take advantage of racial reincarnation, say on my fighter, then I **HAVE TO** do a heroic reincarnation *wastefully* (as someone who already has previously done triple fighter) in order to become a non-iconic character. Once my fighter has become a non-iconic character, then he will have access to the racial reincarnation system.

In other words, iconics have to do an extra reincarnation over a non-iconic in order to acquire racial past lives. Doing an entirely extra wasteful reincarnation is additional resources and time that unfairly penalizes iconic players; and it's iconics which actually cost more resources originally to synthesize, as it possibly included LR'ing out the mandatory level in the first place.

Not allowing iconics to acquire a racial past life is about as bad as a sharp stick in the eye.

Dreppo
03-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Good job at missing the point, obviously conditional statements are difficult to interpret....

**IF** I want to take advantage of racial reincarnation, say on my fighter, then I **HAVE TO** do a heroic reincarnation *wastefully* (as someone who already has previously done triple fighter) in order to become a non-iconic character. Once my fighter has become a non-iconic character, then he will have access to the racial reincarnation system.

In other words, iconics have to do an extra reincarnation over a non-iconic in order to acquire racial past lives. Doing an entirely extra wasteful reincarnation is additional resources and time that unfairly penalizes iconic players; and it's iconics which actually cost more resources originally to synthesize, as it possibly included LR'ing out the mandatory level in the first place.

Not allowing iconics to acquire a racial past life is about as bad as a sharp stick in the eye.

If ITR'ing now no longer gives you additional benefits, then you'd be in the same situation if they added a new iconic at this point, or if they added a new class at this point. You knew when you embarked on your current life that ITR'ing out of it eventually would give you no additional benefits. So what? A lot of others are in the exact same situation. And then there are people in non-iconic races at level 30 with all epic past lives already, and they won't be able to profitably ER before doing their first racial reincarnation. Again, so what? These are high class problem to have.

If you don't have all class past lives yet, you might at least be able to lesser reincarnate then ITR to pick up a class past life.

Zzevel
03-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Does racial reincarnation reset the monster manual and crafting xp and quest xp?

SLAYER, does it reset SLAYER areas?

Nubom70
03-08-2017, 08:49 PM
With the new gear (seriously, what monkey designed some of those pieces?) and the slow-as-hell new powercreep of doom (racial), I'll be skipping that one. THIRTY racial TR's, to gain 10 ap? Yeah, no thanks. I'll just wait for all the +18 stat gear that you guys seem to be starting to dole out now. Won't even have to farm slavers, you're making it obsolete already. thanks for saving us the headache.

Zistra
03-08-2017, 09:15 PM

Miscellaneous

Please tell us this is some kind of sick joke. You plan to make one of the two usable storage systems (inventory and character bank) to be more like the two UNusable storage systems (Shared bank and TR cache)? Please no.

I've read the entire thread thus far, and several of the suggestions put forth would be huge improvements on this. I have another:

* ONE storage UI that works exactly the same for all 4 storage systems: Inventory, Character Bank, Shared Bank and TR Cache. In fact, access all 4 from the same UI. (This would allow the UI to be larger and more detailed while still being usable to those running lower resolutions).
* Across the top, show large icons for the 4 storage areas. Click to activate/deactivate each to select which storage system(s) is/are being accessed at a given time (anything from one to all four). With this system, you could search for the same item in all 4 storage systems at once. Listing should have a pulldown that shows current location; move item into another storage area by changing the pulldown. Alternatively, drag items to the top row icons to move them to a different storage area.
* Access options similar to Auction house: Sort by name or LIFO (i.e. Last In First Out), Limit by Item Type &/or Level, Search Box. Optionally limit to items with augments (list colors/types in pulldown or simple checkbox).
* Ideally, add a user-defined tag list that would populate additional 'item types' options. Let people 'tag' their items into categories to find them back easily. (You could sell this functionality separately for those who want it.)
* For TRing, add an option to bulk-empty the TR cache. If item multi-select worked, you could just drag multiple items to another storage area's icon. Alternatively, have an 'Empty TR Cache' option that asks where to move the stuff.

Hopefully, switching to a system like this would obviate the need for deliberately-slowed UI access, which would greatly reduce player frustration with inventory management tasks.

Cetus
03-08-2017, 10:30 PM
If ITR'ing now no longer gives you additional benefits, then you'd be in the same situation if they added a new iconic at this point, or if they added a new class at this point. You knew when you embarked on your current life that ITR'ing out of it eventually would give you no additional benefits. So what? A lot of others are in the exact same situation. And then there are people in non-iconic races at level 30 with all epic past lives already, and they won't be able to profitably ER before doing their first racial reincarnation. Again, so what? These are high class problem to have.

If you don't have all class past lives yet, you might at least be able to lesser reincarnate then ITR to pick up a class past life.

That's all true, I'm just saying that since each iconic race has a corresponding non-iconic race (I.e. bladeforged is to warforged what PDK is to human..etc.) why not just code in the functionality to use a racial heart of wood on iconics and instead get the racial past life instead of the iconic life (and use the iconic heart if you desire the iconic past life instead?

There's no visible harm here, and doesn't force current iconics to double reincarnate.

EllisDee37
03-08-2017, 11:16 PM
That's all true, I'm just saying that since each iconic race has a corresponding non-iconic race (I.e. bladeforged is to warforged what PDK is to human..etc.) why not just code in the functionality to use a racial heart of wood on iconics and instead get the racial past life instead of the iconic life (and use the iconic heart if you desire the iconic past life instead?

There's no visible harm here, and doesn't force current iconics to double reincarnate.They may have trouble requiring only iconics to go to 30 before using a blood heart, where everyone else can use it at 20. Maybe add a new iconic blood heart where you have to be level 30 to use it and it costs 42 heart seeds?

They definitely wouldn't want to let an iconic use it at 20, but having a separate iconic blood heart appears to me to solve all the problems, I think.

Kebtid
03-09-2017, 12:53 AM
We expect to have racial reincarnation work the same way as a Heroic True Reincarnation when it comes to inventory management by the time it's released.

Oh god no, i did do it so many times, but i hated every time i had to jiggle gear, check if i have favor for bank and inv space expansion, even so more when i went iconic and skiped some bank content.
Pretty please rethink it.
Something please, give us something to make the most boring thing in the game less boring.
At least give me a button with "empty all" that fills all my inv space with tr cache bank items and stops once inv is full

Kebtid
03-09-2017, 01:00 AM

We have the system in check, they announced how it will be, its coded in the game, and you have around a week worth of time to cap a noniconic race on your fighter.

Not being sarcastic, but you will only make yourself angry for no reason at all if you think to deeply about this and try to get involved to much.
Just deal with it, its not the first time they made a change without consulting us and by the ammount of coding they did i really doubt iconics will get what you propose.
You are penalized, yes that happend every time they made class reballancing and a specific class became stronger then other ones.
Did they make the other classes insta stronger then rest? No.
You have enough time before update hits live with casual 1-2 hours per day playtime to epic tr your caped iconic, bring it to 30 and tr it inot a race you prefer and get it back to 20.
Xp if anything and levels are now easier then ever with reaper first time boost.

(again im not being sarcastic or saying anything bad, but based on past experiences i doubt they have the time or resources to put your issue into consideration as it can easily be bypasses with playtime aka its not a gamebreaking issue but more a im lazy and dont want to do what i dont want to do issue, so save yourself from anger and deal with it like real man do)

Silverleafeon
03-09-2017, 01:26 AM
Does racial reincarnation reset the monster manual

I don't know,

and crafting xp

Yes (retains total crafting xp, but resets crafting xp earned per shard to full amount}

and quest xp?

and Yes.

Silverleafeon
03-09-2017, 01:26 AM
SLAYER, does it reset SLAYER areas?

Yes.

Eth
03-09-2017, 02:30 AM
Epic Destinies

That's nice and all, but the damage boost now does not recharge anymore from draconic reinvigoration. Can you please look into that?
Sprint boost (ranger enhancement) and haste boost (dreadnaught) recharged fine.

slarden
03-09-2017, 03:34 AM
Another 90 day grind per character

Kebtid
03-09-2017, 03:38 AM
Another 90 day grind per character

Depends how tr bypases work with racial tr and the sales for ottos

slarden
03-09-2017, 03:41 AM

Yea, great plan.

Are you guys planning on giving us free hearts? Because I'm not wasting a nickel on doing a useless reincarnation just to get "access" to racial reincarnation due to my character being an iconic. you can tr him to another race and earn some rxp up to 20 and be prepped for a racial tr when the system comes out. That is what I will do with my iconics. The hearts don't cost money it costs 20 tokens of the twelve. For iconics it's even easier - heart seeds.

shinsirhc
03-09-2017, 06:06 AM

There's no visible harm here, and doesn't force current iconics to double reincarnate.

Make it so DEVS! Let iconics get racial past life.

Vish
03-09-2017, 07:16 AM

iconics aren't races
They're like super hero models
They get their own past life reward

So if you want a racial past life reward
You have to play the base races
Ya this just got added
Sorry you're in an iconic life
But themselves the break
You're taking advantage of premium race anyway
Just tr and knock em out ;)

No sticks needed, just gravy

slarden
03-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Depends how tr bypases work with racial tr and the sales for ottos It does not. 10 races x 3 past lifes = 30 lifes. 1 life per 3 days = 90 days. No bypasses or ottos needed. It works like htr so only 1-20 is required. Besides if you use a box you are screwing yourself out of rxp so why would anyone do that.

Qhualor
03-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Make it so DEVS! Let iconics get racial past life.

Iconics already get racial past life benefits. You get a passive and an active.

legendkilleroll
03-09-2017, 08:47 AM
It does not. 10 races x 3 past lifes = 30 lifes. 1 life per 3 days = 90 days. No bypasses or ottos needed. It works like htr so only 1-20 is required. Besides if you use a box you are screwing yourself out of rxp so why would anyone do that.

How many are doing a life in 3 days?

Your making out that's the normal and I don't think it is, guess its nice for all the people with almost endless 50% pots

Requiro
03-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Great. So here is link to my thread, that I worked for 2 days. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484711-Racial-improvements?p=5949692#post5949692

Kebtid
03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
It does not. 10 races x 3 past lifes = 30 lifes. 1 life per 3 days = 90 days. No bypasses or ottos needed. It works like htr so only 1-20 is required. Besides if you use a box you are screwing yourself out of rxp so why would anyone do that.

Idk, people love to be the "first".
I can bet you that someone will get 3x racial in less then a month just for the brag rights.
Rest of us will take 2-3 months /rest i mean the rest of hardcore players, even if we say that techically its 90 days, i know of noone who has will to do tr after tr after tr after tr and be perma on timer.
Your brain would turn liquid and you would think about where to buy a strong sturdy rope if you did that 30 lifes in a row without help of ddo store.

slarden
03-09-2017, 09:03 AM
How many are doing a life in 3 days?

Your making out that's the normal and I don't think it is, guess its nice for all the people with almost endless 50% pots It's not hard to do in 3 days, but it's hard to keep up on a pace of 3/day especially with multiple alts and other things in life besides ddo. Doing a life in 3 days is easier than ever with reaper.

slarden
03-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Idk, people love to be the "first".
I can bet you that someone will get 3x racial in less then a month just for the brag rights.
Rest of us will take 2-3 months /rest i mean the rest of hardcore players, even if we say that techically its 90 days, i know of noone who has will to do tr after tr after tr after tr and be perma on timer.
Your brain would turn liquid and you would think about where to buy a strong sturdy rope if you did that 30 lifes in a row without help of ddo store. there is no bragging rights for completing in < 90 days as it can only be done with timer bypasses available only with boxes. Anyone that tries bragging about that will never brag again lol.

Questdoer
03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
No tail :(
That's extremely disappointing.
How hard would it be to add one?

HastyPudding
03-09-2017, 10:27 AM
No tail :(
That's extremely disappointing.
How hard would it be to add one?

For the last time: dragonborn do not have tails. They're not close kin to lizardfolk, kobolds, or troglodytes (who all have tails). I explained it elsewhere, but dragonborn walk upright and so don't need a tail for balance (as do the other reptilian races, which walk slightly hunched, requiring a tail for balance (also why humans don't have tails)).

Kebtid
03-09-2017, 10:40 AM
there is no bragging rights for completing in < 90 days as it can only be done with timer bypasses available only with boxes. Anyone that tries bragging about that will never brag again lol.

Iirc the first triple completionist did exactly that. While most gongratulated him, there was a handfull of us that said stuff like i wouldnt want to be your credit card.

We had a vietnamesse player on our server that hacked banks and used that money on ddo.
(i found out about that by chance while speaking with a tr buddy that was on friendly terms with him, i consider reusing bypass timers and ottos boxes trivial vs what that dude did)
/i believe he singlehandely payed for all wages of all employees at that time

slarden
03-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Iirc the first triple completionist did exactly that. While most gongratulated him, there was a handfull of us that said stuff like i wouldnt want to be your credit card.

We had a vietnamesse player on our server that hacked banks and used that money on ddo.
(i found out about that by chance while speaking with a tr buddy that was on friendly terms with him, i consider reusing bypass timers and ottos boxes trivial vs what that dude did)
/i believe he singlehandely payed for all wages of all employees at that time He likely had alot of money and I am glad some of it supported the game. Doing the same thing with racial completionist would look even worse because it means they boxed and still need to run for rxp. Even with 30 racial lifes assuming 3-5 skulls I don't think it's enough to max out rxp is it?