PDA

View Full Version : DDO ARMAGEDDON... wipe us all out... "the day after"

awar1234
03-01-2017, 10:36 AM
I love this game(10 year VET), i loved my journey through 42 Heroics lives, 15 epic TR's, and 10 Iconic TR's.
I am requesting that you reset ALL TOONS BACK TO BEGINNING. Cancel out all past lifes, epic lives, iconic lives, no ability/skill tomes, reset all guilds back to level one. DELETE ALL OF OUR GEAR. WE ALL WAKE UP ON KORTHOS NAKED (and afraid)
Then RESET THE GAME BACK TO DAY ONE.
No iconics, no druids, no arti, no warlock, etc...

DDO ARMAGEDDON
Pick a day and RESET US ALL.

Start over with all your expertise and knowledge of where we started and where we are now. Then every month release all the updates we have had over the years THE RIGHT WAY... no bugs,Release the updates the SSG way.... with renewed respect for DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS and its players.. You know who were are and how we think, you have 11 YEARS of forum posts to re issue the game a better way. Put all of us back on level ground, together a one united player base we can move forward with new players joining us..

MAY 1st we all back back to day one.
APRIL 1st Update 1, MAY 1st Update 2... and so on

It is evident that the players are FRACTURED....sooo many talk of power creep and players with "X" past lives vs. first life toons.

New players that try the game are OVERWHELMED with 17 different crafting systems and item upgrading.. (Cannith Crafting, Stone of Change, Greensteel, Legendary Greensteel, Alchemical, Dragontouched, Shard/Scroll/Seal, Thunderforged, TOEE crafting, Slavelord crafting, Nearly finished, Suppressed Power, Attuned to Heroism, Armor Upgrade,Cormyrian Dragon Armor ) JESUS CHRIST! and you have to collect and CARRY/Bank all those INGREDIENTS!!! I carry SIX FREAKIN SIX green bags around to hold all this ****!

No more Ottos boxes, bypass raid timers, and XP pots. Things like that just SPLIT US UP

Please reset OUR game back to day one and remake the game the SSG way
Thank you.

FranOhmsford
03-01-2017, 10:53 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

is way better than

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085404/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Drekisen
03-01-2017, 10:59 AM
I love this game(10 year VET), i loved my journey through 42 Heroics lives, 15 epic TR's, and 10 Iconic TR's.
I am requesting that you reset ALL TOONS BACK TO BEGINNING. Cancel out all past lifes, epic lives, iconic lives, no ability/skill tomes, reset all guilds back to level one. DELETE ALL OF OUR GEAR. WE ALL WAKE UP ON KORTHOS NAKED (and afraid)
Then RESET THE GAME BACK TO DAY ONE.
No iconics, no druids, no arti, no warlock, etc...

DDO ARMAGEDDON
Pick a day and RESET US ALL.

Start over with all your expertise and knowledge of where we started and where we are now. Then every month release all the updates we have had over the years THE RIGHT WAY... no bugs,Release the updates the SSG way.... with renewed respect for DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS and its players.. You know who were are and how we think, you have 11 YEARS of forum posts to re issue the game a better way. Put all of us back on level ground, together a one united player base we can move forward with new players joining us..

MAY 1st we all back back to day one.
APRIL 1st Update 1, MAY 1st Update 2... and so on

It is evident that the players are FRACTURED....sooo many talk of power creep and players with "X" past lives vs. first life toons.

New players that try the game are OVERWHELMED with 17 different crafting systems and item upgrading.. (Cannith Crafting, Stone of Change, Greensteel, Legendary Greensteel, Alchemical, Dragontouched, Shard/Scroll/Seal, Thunderforged, TOEE crafting, Slavelord crafting, Nearly finished, Suppressed Power, Attuned to Heroism, Armor Upgrade,Cormyrian Dragon Armor ) JESUS CHRIST! and you have to collect and CARRY/Bank all those INGREDIENTS!!! I carry SIX FREAKIN SIX green bags around to hold all this ****!

No more Ottos boxes, bypass raid timers, and XP pots. Things like that just SPLIT US UP

Please reset OUR game back to day one and remake the game the SSG way
Thank you.

I have narrowed it down to one character, no longer care about reincarnations and do not waste my time pining for specific loot.

Is it really the players who need a reset....nope....letting them have as much as they want is what needs to be removed.

Only have five past lives....4 of which were wizard because I was just going to stick with a maxxed out PM, now playing a rogue and finding with Cannith Crafting and actually focusing on my class and what it does I do fine. So in actuality all of my TR's were pointless aside from the experience I got playing the game while doing so. The only thing my rogue got out of four wizard past lives and one sorc is I have all of my Arcane sphere done...which is actually nice because there are a lot of twists I can fill with those.....but I didn't even need to TR to do that.

I am a rogue now because I had some crazy idea about doing completionist thinking it was somehow going to put me in God mode and found out when you get to the real endgame it has more to do with how well you play rather than the fluff.

I play end game content with other people and do fine.

The initial problem started with there never being enough new content and the game being far too hard for new players.

I think now that they have more or less addressed those two issues it is in the best shape it's been in.

Not everyone that plays DDO is a sheep...does anyone really have the right to be?

KoobTheProud
03-01-2017, 11:40 AM
They can't do a character wipe of any type as this would be a breach of faith with customers who in some cases have spent a lot of money to advance their characters. It would be economic suicide to do this and DDO would undoubtedly fail in the aftermath.

The solution you are looking for is a classic server in which players can choose to create characters in a game that is roughly in the same condition that it was in at launch. No compulsion there and no loss of spent monies and that would work to satisfy the particular itch that you have for a pure game.

My suggestion would be that various things, like enhancements, epic destinies, tomes, past lives and um, WARLOCKS, not be allowed in the ruleset of that server and that only VIP's be allowed to create characters there. I would limit the store rather dramatically, since VIP was a condition of play, and let players just have fun with what was a pretty good game at the time, just not a good MMO compared to other offerings that were superior in terms of all advancement all the time.

DDO was a pretty good game in 2007 it just wasn't a good MMO. I wouldn't mind getting the game back for when I wanted to scratch that itch.

Steve_Howe
03-01-2017, 11:48 AM
nt

Drekisen
03-01-2017, 11:51 AM
They can't do a character wipe of any type as this would be a breach of faith with customers who in some cases have spent a lot of money to advance their characters. It would be economic suicide to do this and DDO would undoubtedly fail in the aftermath.

The solution you are looking for is a classic server in which players can choose to create characters in a game that is roughly in the same condition that it was in at launch. No compulsion there and no loss of spent monies and that would work to satisfy the particular itch that you have for a pure game.

My suggestion would be that various things, like enhancements, epic destinies, tomes, past lives and um, WARLOCKS, not be allowed in the ruleset of that server and that only VIP's be allowed to create characters there. I would limit the store rather dramatically, since VIP was a condition of play, and let players just have fun with what was a pretty good game at the time, just not a good MMO compared to other offerings that were superior in terms of all advancement all the time.

DDO was a pretty good game in 2007 it just wasn't a good MMO. I wouldn't mind getting the game back for when I wanted to scratch that itch.

Tiered spenders is more like it....ViP's are not the only people who put significant money into this game.

ViP pays $100 for a year and they get 500 TP's a month. I have been playing for 10 years....counting the amount of time I was a sub because you HAD to be and that I pretty much own the game now....I would say I have spent probably more than $1000 total. At most they spend $180 a year and most people that can afford the $15 a month are going to get the $30 for 3.....so even then....$1200.....yeah I have spent that much.

Explain to me why the people who won't do leasing should be penalized?

Enoach
03-01-2017, 11:53 AM
I hear people can do what the OP wants by simply starting on a new server and ignore the parts you don't want to work with.

katz
03-01-2017, 11:55 AM
wipe my characters and i'd walk

Pyyro_del_Drago
03-01-2017, 12:04 PM
wipe my characters and i'd walk

^^ This

Drekisen
03-01-2017, 12:11 PM
I hear people can do what the OP wants by simply starting on a new server and ignore the parts you don't want to work with.

No need to leave your server.

Enoach
03-01-2017, 01:50 PM
No need to leave your server.

I was thinking more for speed. The issue of dumping Shared Bank and still benefiting from favor. Or remove the need to create a new account.

The "new" server thing can also work in your favor for when you have remorse for deleting all your characters :)

Memnir
03-01-2017, 01:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qNoUWhK.gif

Drekisen
03-01-2017, 02:10 PM
I was thinking more for speed. The issue of dumping Shared Bank and still benefiting from favor. Or remove the need to create a new account.

The "new" server thing can also work in your favor for when you have remorse for deleting all your characters :)

Ahhh...well I guess I am different then...had some on all servers and deleted them all but one....no remorse at all.....in fact I am happier now than I ever was.

I think what annoyed me the most was dealing with inventory issues and handing off items to alts or trying to save a bunch of junk on "mules"....now I just get annoyed at the occasional lag spike....and solo'ing the end fight of ToEE 2 :)

Handing a rare item to someone in the party is far more rewarding as well rather than hoarding it all or "saving it for my next TR"

I think the true root of all evil in this game is inventory obsession.

Jasparion
03-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Empty your shared bank. Delete all your toons. Start again yourself.

Leave me alone.

KoobTheProud
03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Tiered spenders is more like it....ViP's are not the only people who put significant money into this game.

ViP pays $100 for a year and they get 500 TP's a month. I have been playing for 10 years....counting the amount of time I was a sub because you HAD to be and that I pretty much own the game now....I would say I have spent probably more than $1000 total. At most they spend $180 a year and most people that can afford the $15 a month are going to get the $30 for 3.....so even then....$1200.....yeah I have spent that much.

Explain to me why the people who won't do leasing should be penalized?

The point of VIP only is that the store would be curtailed to create the original atmosphere and something has to to pay the bills.

Solutions would be either to sell access to the Classic server in the store or just sub to play on it.

I would have re-subbed two two years ago if that had been the price of playing on a Classic server.

Mr_Helmet
03-01-2017, 05:34 PM
. . .with all your expertise and knowledge

Citation needed

cdbd3rd
03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
People actually took the OP seriously?

:p

Drekisen
03-01-2017, 06:27 PM
The point of VIP only is that the store would be curtailed to create the original atmosphere and something has to to pay the bills.

Solutions would be either to sell access to the Classic server in the store or just sub to play on it.

I would have re-subbed two two years ago if that had been the price of playing on a Classic server.

Yeah....I would pay a one time access fee for it....like with all the adventure packs.

I would probably never even care about such a thing...I just get annoyed when the "ViP only" thing pops up...depending on the person a premium player can help keep this game funded quite nicely.