PDA

View Full Version : Best sorcer build for solo .. even elite in end game

DJV
03-01-2017, 07:51 AM
Hellos,

Just make comeback from long lasting pause :).

Just trying found nice sorcerer build for soloing maybe even epic hard/elite content in far future?

Should I do pure sorcerer or some kind hybrid with other classes?

Is sorcerers even good for soloing nowadays or should I take some other build?

I need help as character wise and also equipmet wise.

Just write here or put nice links.

Info about my character now:
* I am running with warforged
* I would like to do conjurer / acid sorcerer (as I got 3 x cleric past life) (but is evocation must for soloing?)

Thanks for in advance

mr420247
03-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Sorcs can be ok for elites but if you plan on running reaper you might have some problems

Sorcs do take alot of gear to really work well in end game slavers and lgs

Robots are great for elites you can self heal with recon but reaper healing is a problem

Your probably better off with a splash of fvs or paladin for defenses n sp regen if you do want to try a sorc

DJV
03-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorcs can be ok for elites but if you plan on running reaper you might have some problems

Robots are great for elites you can self heal with recon but reaper healing is a problem

Your probably better off with a splash of fvs or paladin for defenses n sp regen if you do want to try a sorc

Thanks. Could you give example / link of that kind splash fvs build?

Sam-u-r-eye
03-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Pure sorceror human, drow, or DRAGONBORN! (coming soon!)

Cocoon + healing scrolls. Pick up light armor proficiency, and improved from Archmage and make sure to wear a PRR item. Get an insightful PRR item too.

Besides that, check out Wizza's build. I would twist the -15 saves debuff from magister if you're not running in that destiny. It increases DPS significantly. Also make sure to have EBURST.

Air Savant is the best because it has:
1. the best nuking spells with the most variety,
2. the best 18 core immunity: knockdown immunity
3. wings!!

You may not want to use it because:
1. what content you are running is electric immune (arcane pulse + necro is your friend though anyway)
2. you can't reach reasonable DCs
3. you do not have enough caster levels to make it feasible. Caster levels are everything in Sorc Dps.

~~

Going all in for DCs is important. Sorc has largely stayed the same over the years. Your advantage is your casting speed, large spell point pool, and abundant step. Targeting a mob's weak save is huge. Many times its all you can do.

If you get new optimal random gen (cannith crafted if you can) you will be fine soloing EE up until Devil's Gambit and Amarath, but those quests are genuinely rough on casters because the DCs are so high.

Slavers is not bad even with sub-optimal gear because their saves are so low---you have to target the weak save though.

TR gear should include:
1. Heroic Panosophic Trinket [HELM]
2. Bracers of the Wind for Crit chance (or else mainhand a crit-chance stick).
3. CON, + insightful con + vitality [BELT?]
4. PRR [CLOAK?]
5. Charisma, + evocation focus, + insightful charisma [NECKLACE?]

~~

Good luck!
Its my favorite class, I hope you enjoy it, and post back with issues if you pull the trigger and go for it. I'm sure people will be happy to help.

DJV
03-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Thanks lot!

I am not sure what this means:

Pick up light armor proficiency, and improved from Archmage and make sure to wear a PRR item.

Archmage is wizard enchantment

Also how I should hel my self at lvls 1-15.. potions are really bad and not enough high UMD for Scrolls at low levels

Ralmeth
03-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Thanks lot!

I am not sure what this means:

Archmage is wizard enchantment

Also how I should hel my self at lvls 1-15.. potions are really bad and not enough high UMD for Scrolls at low levels

I think he meant the Eldritch Knight enhancement tree.

Maxxcore
03-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Hellos,

Just make comeback from long lasting pause :).

Just trying found nice sorcerer build for soloing maybe even epic hard/elite content in far future?

Should I do pure sorcerer or some kind hybrid with other classes?

Is sorcerers even good for soloing nowadays or should I take some other build?

I need help as character wise and also equipmet wise.

Just write here or put nice links.

Info about my character now:
* I am running with warforged
* I would like to do conjurer / acid sorcerer (as I got 3 x cleric past life) (but is evocation must for soloing?)

Thanks for in advance

So if you are looking to solo elites, here's what you are going to want to do.

1. Make a level 20 sorcerer.

2. Remove 20 levels of sorcerer and add 20 levels of warlock.

3. Close eyes and enjoy the ride.

If you don't have Warlock, I'd recommend a pure WF sorc. If you want to go fire/force, splash 2 fvs, but elec is best.

HastyPudding
03-03-2017, 06:58 PM

^^^^

You can't go wrong with a bladeforged 18 sorcerer/2 paladin. You don't really lose much in those 2 sorcerer levels, and the saves you gain from it definitely help because, on their own, sorcerers have pretty bad saves. Also, the reconstruction SLA in the racial tree saves you a spell slot (plus some repair or healing amp you might want to take). Your DC's might be slightly behind, say, a drow, human (or soon to be dragonborn) but your survivability will skyrocket.

DJV
03-05-2017, 05:32 AM
So if you are looking to solo elites, here's what you are going to want to do.

1. Make a level 20 sorcerer.

2. Remove 20 levels of sorcerer and add 20 levels of warlock.

3. Close eyes and enjoy the ride.

If you don't have Warlock, I'd recommend a pure WF sorc. If you want to go fire/force, splash 2 fvs, but elec is best.

How Warlocks heal himself? Just mean to ask that how Warlocks survive lot better in Elites than sorcerer?

azrael4h
03-18-2017, 09:11 AM
How Warlocks heal himself? Just mean to ask that how Warlocks survive lot better in Elites than sorcerer?

Warlocks have Steal Life Force at lower levels, and then have Shining Through after 12 in ES, which gives a boat load of temp hp and can soak up much of the incoming damage through heroic elites, all the way through Epic Hard and possibly L Hard as well. They also have no sp management skill needed, and can literally spray and pray with cone or chain blast. Run around like a chicken with the head cut off, nuke everything into oblivion, lather rinse repeat. They also have an easier time at getting Medium Armor proficiency (ES); while Sorcs have EK, EK is horrible. And they can get more bonuses from their aura, and bursts are free nuke everything around you spells that are grossly over preforming.