PDA

View Full Version : New Bags

mattttt
02-13-2017, 09:23 AM
I've been looking at my inventory trying to make it as open as possible and I realized Potions and Components take up so much room. We should have a potion bag and component bag much like a gem bag or collectible bag. Maybe as favor rewards in House J and P?

Cantor
02-13-2017, 09:24 AM
people have long asked for these as well as scroll cases. The issue is that they would require some extensive coding to be usable from within the bag.

KoobTheProud
02-13-2017, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see more non-adventure storage available, like cabinets and trunks and, well houses...

I think the amount of in-adventure storage is already ridiculous and very immersion destroying in the process. I have 8 bags on my main with 160 storage slots available. It's like she's lugging her entire life around with her instead of just the few things that an adventurer would likely have at hand.

This leads to me stocking 30 of each of 4 potions - cure blindness, poison, disease and curse. It leads me to carry a bunch of stacks of buff scrolls - master's touch, blur, true seeing, circle against evil, basically anything where level matters only in terms of recast rate and I can get 5 to 7 minutes out of a scroll. It leads me to carry heal scrolls. It leads me to carry teleport scrolls and greater teleport scrolls and even *sigh* shadow walk scrolls (yeah, I know...).

This is not a DDO flaw this is an MMO flaw. We're all walking around carrying a CVS, Ye Olde Magic Shop and Pawn Shop in our packs all the time. Some of us carry like 3 or more sets of weapons for when the time is just right for them. Some of us *sneak* around carrying a rattling, clanking, clinking packfull of everything under the sun in the process.

Is this a productive rant?

No, but I did want to point out how absurd the current dynamic is as somebody else asks to make it even more so. :)

Amundir
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
I thought the issue people had against component bags was that it would probably remove any desire (if there ever was any) for people to purchase omni dust.

ssgcmwatson
03-13-2017, 08:43 PM
I would just like bags in the DDO store that were BtA.

Feralthyrtiaq
03-14-2017, 07:11 AM
I would like an armored cart + mule team and driver that follows me around quests and has access to shared bank.

Oh and an actual portable hole that can house a sweet sweet lair.