PDA

View Full Version : Auto-attack won't stop

C-Dog
02-07-2017, 04:58 PM
All of a sudden one of my toons went on Auto-Attack in the middle of a quest. This is more annoying because 1) I didn't do it on purpose, 2) I never use Auto-attack, so have no idea how to turn it off again, and 3) he's soloing, and needs to open a $%^%&*! door.

(And my mouse/keyboard aren't exhibiting any odd symptoms, so not a stuck key afaict).

What's the default for turning auto-attack on/off, please?

Tia!

xCataluna
02-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Open your character sheet. There's a button in the feats section you can drag to a hotbar and use to toggle auto-attack on and off.

Hobgoblin
02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
All of a sudden one of my toons went on Auto-Attack in the middle of a quest. This is more annoying because 1) I didn't do it on purpose, 2) I never use Auto-attack, so have no idea how to turn it off again, and 3) he's soloing, and needs to open a $%^%&*! door.

(And my mouse/keyboard aren't exhibiting any odd symptoms, so not a stuck key afaict).

What's the default for turning auto-attack on/off, please?

Tia!

i believe it was double clicking on the portrait
i have had similar issues with being unable to click on items - i switched to another wep an back and it fixed it.

C-Dog
02-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Open your character sheet. There's a button in the feats section you can drag to a hotbar and use to toggle auto-attack on and off.

Thanks, that did work to turn it off, but it seems to keep turning itself back on whenever I click on ANYthing.

Not sure how it started, but I don't like it. :/

xCataluna
02-07-2017, 05:39 PM
If you open the Options Panel (by holding down Ctrl and pressing O), there is an 'Auto-attack on double-click' option in the 'Gameplay' options that can be toggled on and off.
Perhaps you accidentally turned it on?

C-Dog
02-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Possibly - at this point, I'm just happy I got a fix. And with that "Attack" icon now on my hotbar, I can actually play around with it (safely, ahem).

Thx again!

Sunnie
02-17-2017, 09:19 AM
There's also a bug where if you get a popup (e.g. from someone sharing a quest) while attacking, your character will keep swinging or shooting after you've clicked away the popup. I need to remember to try switching weapons the next time it happens and see if that fixes it.