PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul Suggestions

multipro
01-31-2017, 09:55 PM
Let's face it. This class has fallen out of power with the last few updates. With the Favored Soul Enhancement Pass supposedly coming out within this next year. Now for this I would like to propose something new for DDO with their possible "third" enhancement tree coming out. I have always loved this class and want it to be better in epics and more playable in early heroics.

A Negative Spell power and SLA based tree.

I won't go into as much detail as some people do and give the details for every enhancement I want to see but I would like to see if other people would like to see this implemented into the game.

P.S. The one thing I want to see is a Core Enhancement that gives access to an undead form like Vampire. Divine classes get inflict spells to heal themselves and also harm and lets all agree NO ONE USES THEM. Let's revive an awesome class and bring something new that DDO has never seen in a negative based spell caster.

P.P.S Angel of Death would be a cool name :)

Friggli
01-31-2017, 10:12 PM
.... You mean something like the Pale Master Tree from wizard?

multipro
01-31-2017, 10:20 PM
There is nothing in the Palemaster Tree that does anything for negative damage. It has crit chances, the forms, and dumb underpowered SLA's that use your HP and cant be metamagic'd. I am talking about a tree like divine emissary of darkness from cleric but with its own twist.

SirValentine
02-01-2017, 06:00 AM
There is nothing in the Palemaster Tree that does anything for negative damage.

"For each point spent in this tree you gain +0.75 Universal Spell Power and +0.75 Negative Energy Spell Power (for a total of 1.5 Negative Energy Spell Power per point spent)."

It has crit chances...

multipro
02-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Again, I want something that is fully based around doing damage through negative energy not just a tree that gives the spellpower. I want a tree that will give us access to Negative SLA's and maybe even a DOT spell to be able to play proper negative based caster. I am well aware of what the Palemaster Tree does because I have 16 Wizard past lives on my main all Palemaster.

I want a proper damage tree not a tree based around a skeleton pet and negative crit chances.

Selvera
02-01-2017, 10:24 AM
NO ONE USES THEM.

This would be a false statement. My cleric currently has a number of negative energy spells mem'd and harm on my hotkey bar. As a cleric, I consider it my job to keep everyone in the party at full health, and if I happen to have a PM in the party, I have to have negative energy spells to keep them healed to full. Yes, I know they can heal themselves, but sometimes they're too busy kiting for their life to heal, and almost always I have more spare mana then them so I'd rather they spend their SP on instakills or whatever sh*t they do instead of healing themselves.

If I were playing a favored soul, it would be no difference, I would keep a neg energy spell hotkeyed so I can heal the PM's in my party.

I'll remain neutral on this tree idea. I can see why some people would like a negative-energy focused fvs tree and perhaps like to be able to heal them-self via cause wounds/undead form. However personally I don't think I would use it. I would prefer a tree for fvs that focused on healing and/or buffing allies with a fvs flavor (aka not just radiant servant v2).

Wyvernjack96
02-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Favored Soul i think should not get a healing/buffing type of tree Cleric already does that and Honestly the Angel of Vengeance is starting to too much in one tree i think it should be split into two different kinds of trees.

But not a replica of the cleric tree Radiant Servant or the wizard tree Pale Master because the slas from pale master were great about 6 years ago but not now and the cleric healing tree is hardly used the only ways i has seen it be used was by tanks to heal themselves

I do agree on that Favored Soul get a form of some kind i would say some angelic or a fallen angel. This class is a divine class not a sorcerer variant of the cleric.

Selvera
02-01-2017, 03:25 PM
While we're entitled to our own opinions...

This class is a divine class not a sorcerer variant of the cleric.

Agreed, fvs should not just be a "sorcerer variant of the cleric" but wait... what you're suggesting is to prevent this Favored souls should get a form of some kind so you're saying:

Favored Soul (compared with cleric): Shares spell list, Double Mana, Transform into an angel, Multiple trees for DPS casting, shared melee tree with cleric, does not have access to anything comparable to clerics healing/buffing tree

Sorcerer (compared with wizard): Shares spell list, Double Mana, Casts spells faster, Transform into an elemental, Multiple trees for DPS casting, shared melee tree with wizard, does not have access to anything comparable to wizard's self-healing undead forms.

Right, sounds like favored soul would feel completely different then a sorcerer version of a cleric.

Favored Soul i think should not get a healing/buffing type of tree Cleric already does that

I am not of the opinion that since there is 1 healing focused enhancement tree in the game, that there should be no others. In the game currently if you want to play a DPS you have... many more then 1 tree to play. If you want to be a casting DPS you have about a dozen enhancement trees to pick from. If you want to be a divine casting DPS you still have 2 different trees to pick from, each of those with lots of multi-selectors for extra options. If you want to be a healer you have pretty much only one option. Some of us would love to have a second option which is unique and has its own strengths (I would even like 2 more! One for fvs, one for druid.)

There was a fvs beacon of hope tree proposed a while back which focused more on giving the favored soul helpful auras, useful party dps buffs and damage mitigation abilities which are all things that are not in the radiant servant tree. Radiant servant is primarily a tree focused on burst healing, pacifism and enhancing the healing meta-magic. Adding a tree like this would offer an interesting new and unique flavor to playing a healing support to the game which would, for me, be a lot more interesting then just another DPS caster tree, this time flavored as divine with transformation.

Talonthedruid
02-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Let's face it. This class has fallen out of power with the last few updates. With the Favored Soul Enhancement Pass supposedly coming out within this next year. Now for this I would like to propose something new for DDO with their possible "third" enhancement tree coming out. I have always loved this class and want it to be better in epics and more playable in early heroics.

A Negative Spell power and SLA based tree.

I won't go into as much detail as some people do and give the details for every enhancement I want to see but I would like to see if other people would like to see this implemented into the game.

P.S. The one thing I want to see is a Core Enhancement that gives access to an undead form like Vampire. Divine classes get inflict spells to heal themselves and also harm and lets all agree NO ONE USES THEM. Let's revive an awesome class and bring something new that DDO has never seen in a negative based spell caster.

P.P.S Angel of Death would be a cool name :)
I like this idea. I would like another class besides wizard that adds undead forms. As far as negative energy dps casting, its non existant in end game atm. There is absolutely nothing that does remotely good dps, so a fvs tree based on doing negative energy dps would be something new,fresh, and opens possibilities.

Wyvernjack96
02-01-2017, 11:57 PM
While we're entitled to our own opinions...

I am not of the opinion that since there is 1 healing focused enhancement tree in the game, that there should be no others. In the game currently if you want to play a DPS you have... many more then 1 tree to play. If you want to be a casting DPS you have about a dozen enhancement trees to pick from. If you want to be a divine casting DPS you still have 2 different trees to pick from, each of those with lots of multi-selectors for extra options. If you want to be a healer you have pretty much only one option. Some of us would love to have a second option which is unique and has its own strengths (I would even like 2 more! One for fvs, one for druid.)

There was a fvs beacon of hope tree proposed a while back which focused more on giving the favored soul helpful auras, useful party dps buffs and damage mitigation abilities which are all things that are not in the radiant servant tree. Radiant servant is primarily a tree focused on burst healing, pacifism and enhancing the healing meta-magic. Adding a tree like this would offer an interesting new and unique flavor to playing a healing support to the game which would, for me, be a lot more interesting then just another DPS caster tree, this time flavored as divine with transformation.

I agree with you on the Druid side, but if FvS was to get the tree "Beacon of Hope" how much would just mirror Radiant Servant. The only thing would be a new thing is sla healing spells and you get one for free sp cost at if you go Sovereign Host as your deity. Healing is just the same thing over and over, nevertheless i would consider the Warpriest tree to be the buffing tree then a melee tree you get blur/haste/Divine Intervention not to mention the defensive buffs and the smite foe which can help with healing in the fight. I have seen Bard healing, but yet i have healed while i was a paladin once before healing is not just a cleric thing. Cleric is one of the few class just can do it better like Sorcerers with Arcane damage or Fighter with Tactical DCs or even Monk with their Martial Arts.

In my opinion if they want Favored Soul to have some healing enhancements i would place them in warpriest only on the favored soul side like a lesser healing aura that grants a small buff of ac and saves with the range of Aura of Menace

But the sad part about Favored soul is i would want to do damage as a divine caster class im going to pick cleric over Favored soul. Cleric gets more light damage and more capabilities to do more in light/negative casting like sunbeam/sunbolt/Necrotic ray/word of balance. While what do Favored souls get sunbolt if you go pure on a sunelf and an archon at lvl 12. Like take a look at the Angel of Vengeance you get the following: a couple buffs that grants spellpower, Crit chances, metamagic cost decreases, very few dc increases, a horrible lvl 18 core, then enhancements that help/affect the aura of menace or shield of condemnation. Why would i go as a Favored Soul DPS caster even Cleric does it better in 4 of 5 aspects.

Slas- Cleric: Multiple Favored Soul: 1, if you get capstone in AoV
Spell Choice: Cleric: lots Favored Soul: Limited
DCs: About equal
Enhancements: Cleric: Healing/Spell DPS and DCs/Buffs Favored Soul:Buffs/Some Spell DPS and DCs
Melee Side: Cleric only gets bonuses from Enhancements in most cases while Favored Souls get their Deity feats for free while having access to Same Warpriest tree.