PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic storage revamp

JOTMON
01-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Is it possible to revamp the cosmetics so they go into a Cosmetic inventory based on the cuti-pet inventory.. instead of all these regular inventory slot based cosmetics scattered all over the place ..
Consolidate them all into the same format as the pet inventory. a tab on the inventory sheet accessible by all the toons on the account..

Could do something like this for our permanent pet/hirelings as well...
Panthers, owlber whistles, new one coming for Feb... we don't need all these to be BTC pet summinings on every character...
put them into a cuti-pet inventory that is account based... then once the ticket is used it is added to the pool.

Maquist
01-30-2017, 04:03 PM
I proposed a similar idea during my time on the Players' Council. I don't recall whether it got any dev feedback or not. But it would make inventory control of these things a lot easier. And it could have divisions between headwear, bodywear, and weapons/shields. But it seems like this should be plausible.

Hazelnut
01-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Could do something like this for our permanent pet/hirelings as well...
Panthers, owlber whistles, new one coming for Feb... we don't need all these to be BTC pet summinings on every character...
put them into a cuti-pet inventory that is account based... then once the ticket is used it is added to the pool.

You forgot Elieri, the greatest level 3 cleric in the game.

JOTMON
06-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Could even add the hair dyes ...

Aelonwy
06-06-2017, 09:58 AM
This was proposed sometime in March by Serudio. I agreed to it then, I like it now.

Imagine if you paid 495 pts for an exclusive hair dye or hair style but you owned it permanently to put on any character at any time. The only issue they may have is both would require their own cosmetic slot on the paper doll screen so that people could simultaneously wear a cosmetic dye, cosmetic hairstyle, and cosmetic helm or goggles.

Image for example of where to put in MORE cosmetic slots. And look there's an empty space above the cosmetic pets tab just begging for ANOTHER cosmetic tab, a Cosmetic Closet tab. Seriously I'm... I mean IT is begging to be there.

http://i.imgur.com/hEzIojr.jpg

Aelonwy
06-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Made some more effort to show the closet tab itself:

http://i.imgur.com/jgPYqZA.jpg

The Cosmetic Closet tab would have a preview screen with a generic male/female showing the item currently highlighted with a button to equip promptly. There would be a scrolling cosmetics inventory with icons for each cosmetic. An equipment section for displaying which cosmetic slots are currently filled and which remain empty.

The bottom row shows four new cosmetic slots:
Far left cosmetic hairstyles, middle left cosmetic hair color, middle right skin/fur/scale color, far right could be a cosmetic aura of some kind like flames, shadow, blur, etc.

Incidentally, I chose a feathered hat and glasses for the symbol on the cosmetics tab.

JOTMON
06-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Made some more effort to show the closet tab itself:

http://i.imgur.com/jgPYqZA.jpg

The Cosmetic Closet tab would have a preview screen with a generic male/female showing the item currently highlighted with a button to equip promptly. There would be a scrolling cosmetics inventory with icons for each cosmetic. An equipment section for displaying which cosmetic slots are currently filled and which remain empty.

The bottom row shows four new cosmetic slots:
Far left cosmetic hairstyles, middle left cosmetic hair color, middle right skin/fur/scale color, far right could be a cosmetic aura of some kind like flames, shadow, blur, etc.

Incidentally, I chose a feathered hat and glasses for the symbol on the cosmetics tab.

Love the preview screen window..

This is the kind of thing that I think would work well for the cosmetic system.
Allows players to buy more than 1 off cosmetics.. and opens up the opportunity to fill the fashion show closet...

Arch-Necromancer
06-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Great idea and great work!

I personally didn't want to get any cosmetics because I would want several for every type of character (wizard, fighter, rogue) and that would waste inventory/bank slots.

With this, having cosmetics would be much more appealing.

Questdoer
06-30-2017, 08:45 AM
/Signed

JOTMON
11-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Something like...

https://i.imgur.com/LIbfAjO.gif

Iriale
11-08-2017, 11:51 AM
I said it in another thread, I would buy more cosmetics if they did not eat so much space

These types of features are what I would happily buy.

psykopeta
11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
With that thing ppl would not feel bad by purchasing the expansion and being able to use some of the cosmetic in only 1 toon

Even i would be interested in using the mirrors i have atm, they are better draining only 1 space, 11 mules are too much, i won't have a cosmetic mule sorry lol

Lokeal_The_Flame
11-09-2017, 10:34 AM
I like this idea, though I don't think I have that many cosmetic outfits.... I have far more bound to character Bastard swords, runearms, and challenge gear......