PDA

View Full Version : sonic energy burst

AzB
01-27-2017, 08:36 AM
How about a sonic energy burst in the fatesinger ed?

I've always twisted energy burst with my end game bards for much needed aoe damage. But it seems so Un bard-like. A sonic burst would be much more flavorful and be something just a little different. And let's face it, there's not much in Fatesinger for anyone, let alone bards.

Ralmeth
01-27-2017, 08:54 AM
How about a sonic energy burst in the fatesinger ed?

I've always twisted energy burst with my end game bards for much needed aoe damage. But it seems so Un bard-like. A sonic burst would be much more flavorful and be something just a little different. And let's face it, there's not much in Fatesinger for anyone, let alone bards.

Yes please! As for other things in Fatesinger, Reign is pretty good.

Sunnie
01-27-2017, 09:40 AM
I like the idea, but it needs a better name. "Break the Sound Barrier" would work, or "Music of the Gods", or "Black Note" (it's even worse than a brown note).

Also, should it be a Tier 3 ability then since you don't get to choose between different damage types?

AzB
01-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Yes please! As for other things in Fatesinger, Reign is pretty good.

I like Reign, but it's much harder to pump up two different spell power lines. And the damage is a lot less than energy burst. My EBs at level 30 crit 33% of the time and do 12-15k when they do. And that's aoe damage, not single target.

AzB
01-27-2017, 10:34 AM
I like the idea, but it needs a better name. "Break the Sound Barrier" would work, or "Music of the Gods", or "Black Note" (it's even worse than a brown note).

Also, should it be a Tier 3 ability then since you don't get to choose between different damage types?

Good ideas!

How about "power chords"?

Sunnie
01-29-2017, 10:57 AM
How about "power chords"?
That also works :)

Endlesss
01-29-2017, 11:19 AM
I like the epic destiny feat/spell, forced escape. It seems to belong in fatesinger but you instead need all the divine destinies filled.

Sunnie
01-30-2017, 11:43 AM
"power chords"?
In fact, the more I think about it, the better it gets.

Eryhn
01-30-2017, 11:57 AM
if they ever were to do it (it's unlikely they touch EDs atm, much less in a singular manner) it should be tier4, cause actually it would be better than energy burst as much less stuff is immune to sonic overall then to this or that of the other 4