PDA

View Full Version : Add Dhampir After Dragonborn race?

Lokeal_The_Flame
01-23-2017, 06:12 PM
This seems like something I'd look forward to, you could even have their racial tree allow you to imbue any melee weapon with vampirism and energy drain at top tier, a couple things from the Shadar Kai racial tree and you have the beginnings of a racial enhancement tree for them. Give them an ability called drain that works similarly to an assassination attempt but heals the player performing it successfully. Have them start at taking 50% more damage from light based attacks and force them to choose between more efficient vampirism skills (Like vampiric weapons imbue and Drain) and reducing the light damage they take and increasing their positive healing amplification. Allow the vampiric abilities to be based on negative energy healing amp as to prevent attempts at stacking the effect of vampirism already on weapons. So many checks and balances can be made due to the natural weaknesses of the vampire lineage they'd have, should be easier to nerf the concept and make it viable than it would be to make Dragonborn viable.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dhampir_(5e_Race)

Maquist
01-23-2017, 07:58 PM
If it were an iconic, instead of starting in the Forgotten Realms, would they start in Ravenloft? Expansion tie-in, perhaps?

Steve_Howe
01-23-2017, 10:27 PM
No.

Lokeal_The_Flame
01-28-2017, 03:53 AM
If it were an iconic, instead of starting in the Forgotten Realms, would they start in Ravenloft? Expansion tie-in, perhaps?

That's actually a good idea and would make a ton of sense, personally if such were to be made Iconic though, I'd absolutely love it if they could have something in their racial skill tree for Bastard Sword proficiency..... but that might not actually fit well.

dunklezhan
01-28-2017, 04:29 AM
That's actually a good idea and would make a ton of sense, personally if such were to be made Iconic though, I'd absolutely love it if they could have something in their racial skill tree for Bastard Sword proficiency..... but that might not actually fit well.

If they introduced an iconic Dhampir as part of Ravenloft I could go with it. Otherwise please no. Vampire player characters are lame to begin with in my opinion (they're even lamer than Dragonborn), half vampires doubly so. Pale Master is as close as we should want to get - for anywhere except the Necropol- uh, Ravenloft, when I agree it makes sense for something like bizarre undead iconics to exist for people to play with.

I mean half vampires? How do you even get a half vampire. Vampires are dead: only the living can breed. I guess the 'bite a pregnant woman' thing might make a certain amount of sense, but isn't that basically Blade? And the name! Dhampir? The wet blanket of vampires? The slightly soggy creatures of the night? What?

/sigh. I really want to want Ravenloft. But its giving me flashbacks to my youth where about 75% of my circle were all obsessed with V:the masquerade. Frickin' silver inked poetry on black paper all over everyone's walls, everyone had some emotional damage and my goodness didn't they all have to try to out do each other for the poor me stakes...

Got bored with that scene very quickly, have been tainted vs vampires and werewolves ever since.