PDA

View Full Version : Allow monks to use Orbs as centered weapons

survient
01-20-2017, 05:03 AM
Pretty much as the title says I'd like to see orbs be treated as centered weapons.

cpw_acc
01-20-2017, 06:09 AM
Pretty much as the title says I'd like to see orbs be treated as centered weapons.

Why?

Sure it may make some kind of wizard/monk build a bit more feasible, but...it would be an incredibly minor benefit (or more likely a disadvantage as it would prevent the use of other items) and makes no thematic sense.

Feralthyrtiaq
01-20-2017, 06:12 AM
I love the idea and encourage spirited discussion towards it's implementation.

Lonnbeimnech
01-20-2017, 06:18 AM
I support the idea. But only if they are dual wielding them.

minorpenthes
01-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Yeah, all the martial arts greats used orbs...

Oh wait, they did not.

Because an orb is in no way shape or form a traditional monk weapon.

You want it so that you can get some specialized build advantage, but sorry, as the German has it: Dein Leben ist kein Wunschkonzert.

Feralthyrtiaq
01-20-2017, 07:41 AM

I will second if and ONLY if dual wielding orbs makes monk regular UA fist attacks change shape to hit like a warlock's chain blast. (Thinks about chain stunning fist/QP and /drools)

Vish
01-20-2017, 07:43 AM

I see this as a warlock dark monk, swf w/ shortswords, prob drow.

JOTMON
01-20-2017, 08:18 AM
add a kensai enhancement tree to monks, so they can get centered weapons without having to invest into 8 levels of fighter.

psykopeta
01-20-2017, 09:03 AM

Yes yes yes pls

Must be ****ing cool

Ofc one orb is removed once you changw your form

Also could allow orb with stick at henshin cap!

That would be nice before the movement from sp to mp in the tree

They could also use orbs as retuning throwing weapon

Eth
01-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Does this benefit any other builds than monk-wolfs?

unbongwah
01-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Does this benefit any other builds than monk-wolfs?
Does this even benefit them? Most orbs are caster-centric; most wolf builds are melee-DPS-centric. And druids can't use metal orbs, so TF orbs, Golden Orb, etc. aren't valid options for wolf builds, limiting them further.

If anything, I would expect it only to really benefit clonks and the like. I don't really object; I just don't really see the point, either.

Evillot
01-20-2017, 11:02 AM
I would be all for it on the condition that anyone who wants to use this weapon has to upload a youtube video of them self wielding a glass orb at least the size of a tennis ball, and the have to make multiple attacks on a punching bag. Once they can demonstrate how to do it in a manner that makes sense in life or death combat their account will be flagged with the ability to use the orb as a monk weapon.

Lonnbeimnech
01-20-2017, 02:00 PM
I would be all for it on the condition that anyone who wants to use this weapon has to upload a youtube video of them self wielding a glass orb at least the size of a tennis ball, and the have to make multiple attacks on a punching bag. Once they can demonstrate how to do it in a manner that makes sense in life or death combat their account will be flagged with the ability to use the orb as a monk weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RP3nXcB6Q

Evillot
01-20-2017, 02:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RP3nXcB6Q

Feeling pretty good about that. Just gotta persuade the DEVs to put those animations in the game.

Pyed-Pyper
01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
I would be all for it on the condition that anyone who wants to use this weapon has to upload a youtube video of them self wielding a glass orb at least the size of a cantaloupe, and the have to make multiple attacks on a punching bag. Once they can demonstrate how to do it in a manner that makes sense in life or death combat their account will be flagged with the ability to use the orb as a monk weapon.

ftfy

Saekee
01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
I would create a single named Orb that was the only one that would keep monks centered, much like Midnight Greetings is the only kukri monks can use (and ofc the EMG).

Then you can give it a cool graphic that might somehow fit into the lore, like the Iron Ball video posted (very funny!) or, better yet, a Lotus flower.

Eth
01-24-2017, 05:56 AM
Does this even benefit them? Most orbs are caster-centric; most wolf builds are melee-DPS-centric. And druids can't use metal orbs, so TF orbs, Golden Orb, etc. aren't valid options for wolf builds, limiting them further.

If anything, I would expect it only to really benefit clonks and the like. I don't really object; I just don't really see the point, either.

Going through my own current gear set on such a build Epic Blazing Sun would totally solve my issue of not having positive spellpower anywhere. :)

Aelonwy
01-25-2017, 01:33 PM
I could see it if it looked something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YEQ9bva.jpg