PDA

View Full Version : Erdrique's Blog-Starting off 2017 with Some Questing

Erdrique
01-16-2017, 11:21 AM
The first two weeks of the year found me working on a wide variety of quests, slayers, and characters - Starting off 2017 with Some Questing (https://erdrique.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/starting-off-2017-with-some-questing/)

Saekee
01-16-2017, 11:37 AM
wow long post there! You have been busy!

Erdique--have you considered doing an occasional review of quests/dungeons/challenges etc. based on their immersion/ecology? It seems like something that you are very attuned to, based on your past posts.

Erdrique
01-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Hey Saekee, I actually have thought about it I just haven't had the chance to sit down and take the time to flesh it out. I was working on some of that with the explorer areas and I do plan on getting back to that :). I do find it fun to try to fit our quests into a larger picture and try to put things together in a rather out-of-the-box fashion.

Saekee
01-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Hey Saekee, I actually have thought about it I just haven't had the chance to sit down and take the time to flesh it out. I was working on some of that with the explorer areas and I do plan on getting back to that :). I do find it fun to try to fit our quests into a larger picture and try to put things together in a rather out-of-the-box fashion.

Let me know if you do--it would be a great guide/review. For example, mobs standing around doing NOTHING is bad quest design. Siegebreaker, on the other hand, features sleeping mobs, a large public latrine, water supply, tents, general supply line for the army, etc. It is one of the best-designed quests in terms of ecology. ToEE is a flop in this regard. Some lower level quests feature guard mobs and a nearby gong, which makes sense--I think it is Butcher's Path that has this and sleeping kobolds (or is it Garrison's?). But that is the kind of way I would rate quests--undead ones are, of course, exempt.