PDA

View Full Version : I'd pay mioney for . . .

Mr_Helmet
12-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Name some stuff you'd love to throw money at Standing Stone if they'd add to the game. I'll start.

Thunderforged Deconstruction.

lostintheswamp
12-31-2016, 06:42 PM
Name some stuff you'd love to throw money at Standing Stone if they'd add to the game. I'll start.

Thunderforged Deconstruction.

I JUST had a thread on this very same subject.

A few high points:
*re-usable versions of some of the expendable **** from the DDO store(rod of teleport,airship beacon, etc)
*more permanent hirelings
*BTC STORAGE, MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

Uska
12-31-2016, 07:47 PM
I would pay money and come back to playing if they would reduce power creep and self-healing

blerkington
12-31-2016, 08:29 PM
TF and Slavers deconstruction would be great. I'd buy that for a dollar. Or maybe even a little bit more.

I'd also like to see an item that added augment slots to craftable blanks up to a maximum of two. So we could make our own two slot items including trinkets.

An item which could transmute a craftable blank into another material type like steel -> crystal would be nice too.

And of course diaper and golden codpiece cosmetics never go out of style. Maybe monster head masks as well.

Thanks.

Cleanincubus
12-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Properly functioning Scroll Cases
Properly functioning Spell Component storage
TR Veteran Status I & II - When you TR you can start at level 4 & 7 respectively

lostintheswamp
12-31-2016, 09:17 PM
TR Veteran Status I & II - When you TR you can start at level 4 & 7 respectively

This would be a bad idea. A big part of this game's staying power is the number of veteran/established players having to pass through the lower levels, helping new players along the way. Games die if the gulf between old and new players becomes to wide.

old-school
01-02-2017, 08:57 AM
A ring of Water Walking. Yea, I would pay real money for one of those.

Eth
01-02-2017, 09:06 AM
BTC storage.

Powerhungry
01-02-2017, 09:47 AM
A fix to the mass frog spell penetration

Dandonk
01-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Thri-kreen.
Psionics.
Alternate Advance.

Aelonwy
01-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Hairstyles unique to gnome to be available to other races as store hairstyles. Don't judge me. ;P

Cleanincubus
01-02-2017, 04:04 PM
This would be a bad idea. A big part of this game's staying power is the number of veteran/established players having to pass through the lower levels, helping new players along the way. Games die if the gulf between old and new players becomes to wide.

I don't think it'd be as bad as XP stones from Otto's Boxes. It'd only be 4 or 7 free levels. They could still quest with players who are 2 levels under with no issues.

But at the same time, there would likely have to be code so that if used, you couldn't use an XP Stone. Otherwise people would just go to level 7 immediately, level up to 8 quick and pop a stone. Now that would be horrible.

lyrecono
01-02-2017, 06:17 PM
I would pay money and come back to playing if they would reduce power creep and self-healing

Reaper mode will do that, though i doubt it will last without proper incentive.
I'm surprised you're against self healing though, the last 8 years a party member could get scolded for not having self healing.
In a game where splitting the party is standard, you can't expect to have 3 healers in party or 6 in a raid.
This isn't 2009 anymore, you can't expect the party to surround the raidboss and toss mass heals.
The red named in the LE shroud maze? Temple of the Deathwyrm requires splitting up in several places, so does von 5 and 6, Fall of thruth? DoJ? Hound? Thunderpeaks?
And that's just a few raids, plenty of quests that have the party split up.
Even worse, what about all those unbalanced quests, what about 350 AoE damage fire/acid balls& chain lightnings at lv 15! quests, without self heals most wouldn't make it through without going for huge ref saves and evasion, do you want the game to reset to the time everyone had 2 monk or 2 rog and kill build diversity?

As for things i would pay for:
Scroll cases

Better stacking of silver flame pots

Better agro management for tanks (cool down/long range single target / short range AoE multi target, something to deal with mobs that can't be influenced by intimidate)

Memory leaks after tooning to much

Longer time for high level self only buff scrolls, like tensors

Turning Frenzy and death frenzy into perma toggles like other feats.

Fix for a years old mistake, fix the "terror" greatsword.

some incentive for people to play healers again (as in making it fun, not adding dps)

Finishing the project feather started by revamping old heroic named loot, i thing he ended up around lv 10 gear

Better scaling for the more recent heroic quests, many of them are unplayable at the level they are intended for if you're not using some uber self healing, uber dps evasion super saves toon, e.g.
ToEE, Heart of madness, slavelords, etc. I would like to see parties running this at level in heroics but the content is so unbalanced most refuse to run it.
Devils gambit and archon's trail are also unbalanced but the lack of content at that level makes people run it, with lots of swearing mind you.

A revamp of the epic shroud crafting, the options for melees is pathetic (especially considering the amount of hp they are required to chop away), longer duration and a vitamin shot for the active augment buffs, most are pathetic

More importantly though, i would pay good money for:

New, well balanced Eberron content, Khorvaire is a continent ripe for exploring, rich in lore and diverse in opportunities.

ssgcmwatson
01-04-2017, 09:15 PM
BTA Bags (ingredient, collectible, etc)

Arktanis
01-12-2017, 01:29 PM

I want to go back to the days when you enter a dungeon expecting to fail, but thankfully someone brought horseshoes and you make it.

I want to feel inferior to the horde and try to save Stormreach; rather than being all powerful and slaughtering the orcs for the sword in the chest.

Latter is not very heroic sounding, but quite Chaotic.

Arktanis
01-12-2017, 01:32 PM
This isn't 2009 anymore, you can't expect the party to surround the raidboss and toss mass heals.
The red named in the LE shroud maze? Temple of the Deathwyrm requires splitting up in several places, so does von 5 and 6, Fall of thruth? DoJ? Hound? Thunderpeaks?
And that's just a few raids, plenty of quests that have the party split up.
Even worse, what about all those unbalanced quests, what about 350 AoE damage fire/acid balls& chain lightnings at lv 15! quests, without self heals most wouldn't make it through without going for huge ref saves and evasion, do you want the game to reset to the time everyone had 2 monk or 2 rog and kill build diversity?

Back in my day we had Clerics that could heal, people splashed Cleric or UMD in order to also heal others and Wizards spell loadouts were basically bags of tricks with Fireball and sometimes Lightning Bolt because they had resists, protects, jump, blur, gh and other buffs to spend SP on rather than soloing by tossing out Lightning Bolts and Fingering everything.

It was actually having a role, now its just roll a character for top DPS and ignore everything else.

Arktanis
01-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Hairstyles unique to gnome to be available to other races as store hairstyles. Don't judge me. ;P

I'd pay Aelonwy for her cosmetics; DDO Black Market style.

Aelonwy
01-12-2017, 08:08 PM
I'd pay Aelonwy for her cosmetics; DDO Black Market style.

lmao. I can just see it now, I'd be a mini-boss with the Sharn Syndicate with a kobold sweat-shop turning out my fashions for prayer beads and tavern left-overs.

Arktanis
01-13-2017, 08:41 AM
I'll send you 1,000 Prayer Beads right now for something :P

Gljosh
01-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Another Permanent Hireling (still kick myself for not buying the Panther!)

Monster Manuals (if I don't have the TP and a new one comes out I pay cash)

Cosmetic Weapons Skin (yes I know that I can find a weapon and Mirror/Glamor it but some weapons are pretty hard to get just for the look)

TF Deconstruction (just finished an Arti life and made a few tier 2s just to get buy)

A way to turn Older Epic Shards/Seals into the ones I want

SirValentine
01-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Lots of good ideas suggested, but also some I feel are bad.

It makes me sad that people feel they have pay extra to get bugs fixed. SSG should just fix the broken ****, and let us pay money for the quests, storage space, monster manuals, new cosmetics, deconstruction, etc.. If they're not going to fix the bugs, why the heck give them any money for anything?

Avantasian
01-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Heroic tome of exploration - All experience from explorer areas is increased by 100% (Only applies from level 1-20), permanent effect.

Wipey
01-14-2017, 08:24 PM
TF deconstruction
Slavers deconstruction
Shroud deconstruction ( sure you get the point lol )
account wide search function, seriously ( this would be big improvement at least for me, and I am far from hoarder )
search bar for bags
search bar in quest panel when you posting a lfm, no I don't really remember what level every quest is
Eveningstar teleport location
different colours for colourless/yellow/green or dual slot items, filter by slot on ah/asah
spell component, scroll bags
mouseover function to see what the heck is in the mail, "Detach all" in mail
I would love info in quest compendium that would tell you what difficulties you have already done for particular quest
and if the bloody thing would STAY SORTED by level or name
more detailed character sheet info in general
maybe access to wiki ingame

Annex
01-15-2017, 01:42 AM
I would pay money for (in no particular order):

1) New dungeons at Epic levels 20 to 26 because that is what I mostly play
2) A fun random dungeon generator
3) A user created content system
4) Permanent hirelings, especially at Epic levels, especially especially if I could configure and dress them
5) Tasteful cosmetic outfits I actually like
6) Permanent hair styles that can be slotted and unslotted like cosmetics and thus survive reincarnation

Chimmy
01-15-2017, 02:20 AM
I want to feel inferior to the horde and try to save Stormreach; rather than being all powerful and slaughtering the orcs for the sword in the chest.

It actually makes me laugh quite a bit the way the quests work out with the lack of a choice to be evil, I have to set aside my actual feelings toward DnD gaming to play DDO in ways because pretty much the only way to play it, is as a mass murderer/genocidal maniac. And beyond a certain point, I really don't blame the orcs and gnolls for attacking us on sight, if I were them I would have run away long ago due to bad leadership and battle tactics, but those brave souls stay to protect their homeland, culture and peoples, and we chop them down and blow them up for it >.<

But its ok because they are the lesser races guys, don't worry about it :rolleyes:

It makes me really enjoy the quests where the "bad guys" are very clearly bad guys that need to be stopped, and not so much about raiding some random orc tribes home. I get that the lore often explains out the need to do so, but after a while when you get to the stage you are clicking through dialogue because you know the quest it does feel a bit wrong.

"These hobgoblins are learning to communicate with kobolds, murder them immediately!"

"Make sure you smash up all their sentimentally valuable cultural heritage while you go, I'll give you an XP boost!"

"You have stumbled into a troglodyte hatchery, the smell is offensive, quick kill the babies to purify the air!"

Aelonwy
01-15-2017, 11:31 AM
I would pay money for (in no particular order):

6) Permanent hair styles that can be slotted and unslotted like cosmetics and thus survive reincarnation

That's a great idea.

Evillot
01-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Dat Random Dungeon Generator!