PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly Does Ultimate Enlightenment do?

HeraldofSpring
12-30-2016, 11:45 PM
i just started playing a 1st life warlock about a week ago now and am level 17, nearly 18 so i decided to look through the trees to decide how i want to finish out. i feel most drawn to the enlightened spirit tree and so have been doing a light/dark eldritch blast: chain build so far. the cap for the enlightened spirit tree is "Ultimate Enlightenment" it says:

"+2 CON, +2 CHA. While your Celestial Spirit is enabled, you gain +20% Competence Bonus to Maximum HP, full Base Attack Bonus, +10 Melee Power, +10 Ranged Power, +10 Universal Spell Power, and +20 Light Spell Power."

from this i gather that: A) ill have +2 to my Con and Cha (thus increasing my current HP and my Eldritch blast damage, among other things) easy yes?, next: while the enhancement Celestial spirit (a toggle skill) is enabled: you gain a +20 competence bonus to max hp (so +20% max hp yays!), +10 melee power/ranged/spell power (so a rough 10% increase to my weapon and magical damage, or so i can seem to figure out and according to wiki), +20 light spell power (so another +20% to my light damage, useful =D).

finally we have: "full Base Attack Bonus"

so what? this... increases my base attack bonus?
does it add the BaB to my aura?
does it do some additional hidden thing to the systems??? what? if possible can i get some kind of example as to what it does. PREFERABLY: a before the effect applies and after the effect applies type deal.

im sorry if this questions answer may be obvious to some but im totally lost as to how it affects my stats/damage/whatever. =(

cru121
12-30-2016, 11:52 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Base_Attack_Bonus

The Base Attack Bonus (or BAB) is a number that represents a character or monster's skill at fighting that comes purely from his or her profession, training, and personal experience. BAB is an important part of your total attack bonus. It also affects your attack speed.
Benefits

Base Attack Bonus serves several roles in DDO:
* It is added to all attack rolls with any weapon, including bare hands.
* It determines the number of attacks in your attack sequence.
* It determines player attack speed.
* Several combat-related feats require a minimum BAB to unlock.
* The Physical Resistance Rating that you receive for wearing armor scales with BAB.

HeraldofSpring
12-30-2016, 11:59 PM
right, i understand this, but what benefit does having an enhancement that gives a effect "Full Bab" do? does it give me +1 bab, does it set my warlock bab per level from .75 to 1? does it increase bab to cap? or does it grant some other bonus beyond what should be a bab of 15 for a level 20 warlock?

lyrecono
12-31-2016, 12:29 AM
right, i understand this, but what benefit does having an enhancement that gives a effect "Full Bab" do? does it give me +1 bab, does it set my warlock bab per level from .75 to 1? does it increase bab to cap? or does it grant some other bonus beyond what should be a bab of 15 for a level 20 warlock?

Seems a moot point until endgame where enemy armor class can be through the roof, the bigger benefit however is the bonus to prr
DDOWiki said: (http://ddowiki.com/page/PRR#Sources_of_PRR)
You can wear medium armor, you'll have 37 prr (25BaBX1,5) instead of 15 (15BaB X1) for light armor for the standard warlock

I have seen people run around in plate for the 50 prr, to deal with the unballanced damage output by mobs, using enh and augments to bring down the arcane spell failure to 5%, a lot of the warlock buff spells are unaffected anyway.

I guess you could cast or scroll Tensors transformation to get the same affect.
Personally, i think the stat bonus, 20%hp and spell power is the meat of this capstone and the BaB is the gravy

psykopeta
12-31-2016, 05:08 AM

U're right, makes ur bab 1/lvl, from there everything affected by bab increases, in fact u could be a melee cause ur bab is like a fighter, remember that bab can't be higher than 1/lvl

NaturalHazard
01-02-2017, 06:37 AM
higher BAB means you get more PPR for wearing your medium armor.

If you take dire charge you have more chance of hitting with your dire charge.