PDA

View Full Version : More permanent items in the DDO Store

lostintheswamp
12-20-2016, 03:58 PM
So I find myself having reached a point where I've bought everything. I'd love to spend more money on turbine points, but I have nothing left to spend them on. I've got all the tomes, the bonuses, all the little things. All thats left is consumables and cosmetics.

You guys needs to introduce more useful things that are one-time purchases.

Here's a great example: remote item deconstruction would be insanely useful, but not at the cost of a consumable item. I'd happily drop 1000 TP or so on a permenant remote decon, but would never buy a single-use version. I mean, if they were 100 for a single TP, maybe, but even that is unlikely.

Of course more storage space always sells well. EVERYONE wants more BTC storage. The large available BtA storage and large number of BTA items of late has certainly helped a lot, but there's still a few of us who've spent lifetimes grinding out items and would love to keep them.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

JOTMON
12-20-2016, 04:07 PM
~Bigby's hand clicky x/rest uses instead of the one off expensive consumable that costs 26-40TP each...
Personally I will never spend that much on a visual one off clicky item to just point a direction...
a permanent reusable clicky however will earn its value over time.. (better be BTA and not that BS BTC.. of course ).

~Ship portal clicky.. bought a buch when they first came out.. but they are not cost effective for their limited benefit.. Teleport/greater Teleport scrolls are cheaper...
A permanent ship portal with x/rest uses.. now that's more interesting....

~Cosmetic coloring kits..
kits that allow us to use hair dyes to custom colorize armor/headgear/shields/weapons (base/trim/accents)..

~Storage vaults
a AH style interface (with all the sort/search/filter options) with mass storage potential...

~Player Housing
its a store money pit for players.... and more storage options (of course)...

lostintheswamp
12-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Man, you know what I'd pay big for? Teleport Clicky that's a weapon. It can have the same UMD requirement as scrolls, don't care, just tired of having to refill the scrolls all the time... Yeah I know teleport clickies exist, but its a helmet you have to farm insanely for. The hand-slot is just better for things like that.

Pyed-Pyper
12-22-2016, 09:14 AM
Man, you know what I'd pay big for? Teleport Clicky that's a weapon. It can have the same UMD requirement as scrolls, don't care, just tired of having to refill the scrolls all the time... Yeah I know teleport clickies exist, but its a helmet you have to farm insanely for. The hand-slot is just better for things like that.

Like a rod of teleport (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rod_of_Teleport) or rod of greater teleport (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rod_of_Greater_Teleport)?

lostintheswamp
12-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Like a rod of teleport (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rod_of_Teleport) or rod of greater teleport (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rod_of_Greater_Teleport)?

Did you miss the "permanent" part?

I'd pay a couple of thousand TP for a rod that had 50 charges per day. I'd pay 0 TP for one that had 50 charges and never refilled. I MIGHT use that rod you linked if turbine gave me TP for using it, but that's a big maybe.

Hazelnut
12-29-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty much in agreement with consensus among (at least some of you) that a) the use-and-lose items are too expensive, and b) I've spent pretty much all I'm going to on what is available in the store (not quite, but it's getting slim) and would like to support the game.

Pretty much everything I'm listing has already been suggested, if not in this thread, then somewhere:

Eternal *thing* of teleport (BTA) Ideally, this would be something better than the teleport spell in that Standing Stone can extend it to take you to new places as they create them. The main reason for the teleport spell is to cut down on travel time after all. At 1000TP, I expect one on every server but I would jump on it.

Eternal wand of Dimension Door. Yes, okay we have wizards and assorted other spellcasters for this. But it is mostly just another of those time savers, so why not stick it on a re-usable clickie?

Permanent gold seal hireling in the level 8-10 range (to bridge the gap between Elieri and the Owlbear). At 1000TP I would buy it right away, at 2000TP I would think about it and probably wait for a sale. Like Eliere and the Owlbear, I'm expecting on purchase, all servers get one that is BTA. I suspect one of the reasons for there not being many permanent hireling is that they fear it will cut down on the sale of hirelings. But since you can have more than one gold-seal hireling out at a time, I'm not sure this would apply. I know I solo low levels with Elieri and a regular hire (I never buy the one-time-use hires anyway). On a related note, why can't I call Elie at level 1?

Ability to re-colour armor and head-gear (maybe just the cosmetic version) like hair dyes. Yes, someone else said this already.

A permanent ship teleporter. I agree with the other poster who said they are too expensive as disposables at the current price point. As it only goes to one place, it better be half the price (or less) of the eternal *thing* of teleport (or better yet, slots in the eternal *thing* of teleport like an augment to save storage space.

The Useless Clicky Condenser: a trinket that lets you convert any clicky item into a colorless augment that does the same thing as the clicky. It also has at least 5 colorless augment slots to let you slot those same clickies. I'm sure working out the menus would be a bit tricky. If colorless doesn't work, introduce new octarine (http://discworld.wikia.com/wiki/Octarine) coloured slots for the purpose. I probably wouldn't actually buy this but it is an interesting way to save storage space for those clickies that are cluttering up my backpack.

Since I'm probably never going to farm Crystal Cove enough to successfully make them the hard way, how about adding the bottomless flasks to the store? At 50TP per flask (BTC) I would buy a bunch.