PDA

View Full Version : Which graphics features cause the most GPU load? I need to cool down the laptop

Oliphant
12-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Hello,

I just got a new MacBook Air and my other PC failed, so this is the only one I have right now. I played a quest the other day and the laptop was hotter than I'd like. It has been cool except the time I tried DDO on it. I'm hoping to curtail some graphics features enough to cool it off to reasonable temps without totally losing nice graphics.

Anyone recommend some settings that can help the thermal load a lot while minimizing the harm to user experience?

Thanks in advance,
Oliphant

JOTMON
12-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Hello,

I just got a new MacBook Air and my other PC failed, so this is the only one I have right now. I played a quest the other day and the laptop was hotter than I'd like. It has been cool except the time I tried DDO on it. I'm hoping to curtail some graphics features enough to cool it off to reasonable temps without totally losing nice graphics.

Anyone recommend some settings that can help the thermal load a lot while minimizing the harm to user experience?

Thanks in advance,
Oliphant

1. get rid of the mac book...

2. incase 1 is not an option....

~Video Settings.
MacBook Air display is much higher and the graphics card finds it difficult to render some games on the 2800p, so when you start a game set the settings to a appropriate degree for a more smooth performance.

~cooling pad..
apparently the MacBook Air's bottom case lid is not optimally designed for cooling many customers are complaining about the new OS Mavericks heat generation.

~fan control software
install iStat menu (think this is a buy product) to keep checking the temperature, and control the fan speed manually
This other fan software was linked as a freebie and had positive feedback.
http://www.crystalidea.com/products?ref=fancontrol_mac