PDA

View Full Version : Selecting farthest target

Invalid_103
12-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Currently its possible to select the clostest target via tab which is great for melees. However, ranged players need the ability to select the farthest target within their visual range.

Would this be possible to add in-game to the UI or bound keys?

Thanks in advance!

Resin

GeoffWatson
12-19-2016, 01:04 AM
Currently its possible to select the clostest target via tab which is great for melees. However, ranged players need the ability to select the farthest target within their visual range.

Would this be possible to add in-game to the UI or bound keys?

Thanks in advance!

Resin

Try alt-Tab.

Invalid_103
12-19-2016, 01:57 AM
Try alt-Tab.

A single key solution is what's needed... short of programing macros into a keyboard this is the ine solution that would benefit all users.

dunklezhan
12-19-2016, 02:37 AM
Try alt-Tab.

Either there's something odd about US keyboards, or you trollin' bro :)

Try shift Tab instead. Tab is 'move to next field' in a database (which is why its so common as 'next thing' in computer games), shift-tab is just going in the reverse order.

Eth
12-19-2016, 02:57 AM
This already exists, it's just not well known I guess, because it's anything but obvious.

1. Go to your key bindings and find "Select Previous Target" (in standard key bindings this is not bound to any key if I remember correctly). Bind it to a key.
2. Double tapping that key will select the farthest target.

Invalid_103
12-19-2016, 08:29 AM
This already exists, it's just not well known I guess, because it's anything but obvious.

1. Go to your key bindings and find "Select Previous Target" (in standard key bindings this is not bound to any key if I remember correctly). Bind it to a key.

Will give this a spin.

Resin

Hobgoblin
12-19-2016, 08:33 AM

i thought it was ] ?

may be wrong if not you can change it