PDA

View Full Version : New Stone of Change recipe

JonD
12-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Top-of-head idea for a Stone of Change recipe(s);

Ingredients:

1. Any size (tiny, small, medium, large, extra large, huge, gargantuan, colossal) of any type (collectable, ingredient, gem, augment) of bag
2. A collapsed portable hole
3. A small quantity of a common collectable from an appropriate level range relative to the size of bag (e.g. tiny and small bag recipes use common collectables from levels 1 to 5, gargantuan and colossal bag recipes might use common collectables from level 26+)
4. A quantity (again relative to size of bag) of Khyber / Siberys dragonshards

Result:
The "<corresponding size / type> Bag of Holding" which works exactly the same as the original bag but reduces the weight to zero.

JonD

Saekee
12-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Top-of-head idea for a Stone of Change recipe(s);

Ingredients:

1. Any size (tiny, small, medium, large, extra large, huge, gargantuan, colossal) of any type (collectable, ingredient, gem, augment) of bag
2. A collapsed portable hole
3. A small quantity of a common collectable from an appropriate level range relative to the size of bag (e.g. tiny and small bag recipes use common collectables from levels 1 to 5, gargantuan and colossal bag recipes might use common collectables from level 26+)
4. A quantity (again relative to size of bag) of Khyber / Siberys dragonshards

Result:
The "<corresponding size / type> Bag of Holding" which works exactly the same as the original bag but reduces the weight to zero.

JonD
I am trying to understand your suggestion--the bags do not have weight, so the idea is to create ones that will never have weight issues? There are very few things that actually cause weight issues in them--fragments of the tokens of the twelve, the two types of dragonshards--I am sure some other minor stuff as well--what was your concern?

Stone of Change is one of the many abandoned crafting systems. It is still useful in low heroics and I think the addy ritual is important for staff wielders.

JonD
12-10-2016, 04:46 PM
I am trying to understand your suggestion--the bags do not have weight, so the idea is to create ones that will never have weight issues? There are very few things that actually cause weight issues in them--fragments of the tokens of the twelve, the two types of dragonshards--I am sure some other minor stuff as well

The bags themselves do not have weight, but the things you put in them do. A few people in my regular groups commented on the irritation of a bag's weight causing them to be encumbered. As I said in the initial post, it was very much a top-of-head idea, something which may only be of any use for a very small number of people, but as several people mentioned the issue in a relatively short space of time I thought it was worth throwing the idea out there. I'm sorry that you had difficulty understanding the idea; I honestly tried to explain it as simply as I could.

JonD

Pyed-Pyper
12-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Regarding weight - most of the weight in bags comes from fragments - Khyber, Siberys, and epic, being the primary offenders.

That said, nice idea.

lostintheswamp
12-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Stone of Change could sincerely stand to have some new recipes added. Stop building new systems, improve some of the old ones.

JOTMON
12-12-2016, 03:12 PM
The stone of Change could use some fixes all on its own..

~crunch speed.. too [expletive removed] slow
~limited number of crunches before having to reset the window interface.
~stack size limitations