PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a +1 heart on an iconic at level 1?

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM
for example I need 1 more sun elf past life but do not need any more cleric past lives.

Can I refuse training, then immediately use a +1 heart to change that first cleric level to something else and then proceed to level 15 choosing classes as needed?

Or do I have to go all the way to level 15 first before I can use the +1 heart?

Krelar
12-05-2016, 02:30 PM
You can't reincarnate while banking levels, so you need to level to 15 first.

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the reply.

That does make things a bit more difficult but not impossible.

Enoach
12-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.

That does make things a bit more difficult but not impossible.

As stated you do need to be level 15 in order to use a Lesser Reincarnation to remove the cleric level.

You can still refuse to level and leave the area to seek out a different Trainer(s) to level. Once at 15, you can then use the LR+x and change the first Cleric Level to the class level you want.

Recommendation is to level 2 through 15 in the order you want those levels. Don't take a second level of the same class that is your first level. This will make Triple classing harder.

Example: Say You want to use the Sun Elf for a Fighter/Wizard build

You start with 1 Cleric
Level 2 through 9 Fighter
Level 10 through 15 Wizard
Gives you Cleric/Fighter/Wizard 1/8/6

LR+1 Convert Cleric level to Wizard
You know have 8/7 Fighter/Wizard

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2016, 05:10 PM
ya I was hoping to use my 6/6/8 build to get another past life, but I will have to think about other ways to get the past life for a class I don't like playing :p

Tscheuss
12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
ya I was hoping to use my 6/6/8 build to get another past life, but I will have to think about other ways to get the past life for a class I don't like playing :p

+5 hearts are 50% off still, which makes them cheaper than +1's, atm. Maybe that will give you the flexibility you need? :)

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2016, 07:41 PM
+5 hearts are 50% off still, which makes them cheaper than +1's, atm. Maybe that will give you the flexibility you need? :)

mmmmm thank you

SmashBang
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
a +5 heart could do what I think you want. At least this is how I would do it. I like crossbow users and tend to 6/6/8, Rogue/arti/wanted past life. The 6/6/8 does not work in this situation, but a 2/8 /10 could work.

So TR into a sun elf, first level is cleric. Lets say Wizard is the past life you want. Refuse training and go find a wizard trainer. Take all the next 14 levels in wizard. You are now level 15.

You have 2 classes

Use the +5 heart.

Level 1 change to rogue for skill points, you sre still at 2 classes
Level 2 Arti - you now have 3 classes
Level 3 Arti For run arms and conjure bolts etc
Level 4 Rogue
Level 5 Rogue

You are now out of class changes

Level 6 - 15 are Wizard giving you 10 levels of wizard.
Level 16 - 20 rogue, giving a total of 8 levels of rogue

So you now have a 2 arti/8 rogue/10 wizard build and a wizard past life. Does that do what you are looking for?

Tscheuss
12-06-2016, 01:34 PM
a +5 heart could do what I think you want. At least this is how I would do it. I like crossbow users and tend to 6/6/8, Rogue/arti/wanted past life. The 6/6/8 does not work in this situation, but a 2/8 /10 could work.

So TR into a sun elf, first level is cleric. Lets say Wizard is the past life you want. Refuse training and go find a wizard trainer. Take all the next 14 levels in wizard. You are now level 15.

You have 2 classes

Use the +5 heart.

Level 1 change to rogue for skill points, you sre still at 2 classes
Level 2 Arti - you now have 3 classes
Level 3 Arti For run arms and conjure bolts etc
Level 4 Rogue
Level 5 Rogue

You are now out of class changes

Level 6 - 15 are Wizard giving you 10 levels of wizard.
Level 16 - 20 rogue, giving a total of 8 levels of rogue

So you now have a 2 arti/8 rogue/10 wizard build and a wizard past life. Does that do what you are looking for?

Then again, some classes are wicked good pure. I guess it depends on what one needs for a PL. :)

unbongwah
12-06-2016, 03:19 PM
You could level cleric 1 / <2nd class> 6 / <TR class> 8, then LR +1 into <3rd class> 1 / <2nd class> 6 / <TR class> 8. Might not be ideal from a feat or skill progression perspective, though.

SmashBang
12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
You could level cleric 1 / <2nd class> 6 / <TR class> 8, then LR +1 into <3rd class> 1 / <2nd class> 6 / <TR class> 8. Might not be ideal from a feat or skill progression perspective, though.

for a repeater build I think your idea works better. Thanks, I might have to use that myself

Bolo_Grubb
12-09-2016, 03:17 PM

I used your idea, thank you.

So at level 15 I ended up with 1 rogue/6 arti/8 wizard. Remaining 5 levels with be rogue and I will get my last wizard past life with my last sun elf past life.

Tscheuss
12-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I used your idea, thank you.

So at level 15 I ended up with 1 rogue/6 arti/8 wizard. Remaining 5 levels with be rogue and I will get my last wizard past life with my last sun elf past life.

It is good that you found a solution. :)