PDA

View Full Version : For a staff user which is more dps wing or sun stance?

NaturalHazard
11-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I currently use windstance that extra double strike is nice, its a Monk Rogue with mainly TA enhancements just enough HM for the 30 MP and thats basically it.

The bigger numbers of sun are nice but. Im thinking 12% double strike is better than another *1 multiplier on a 19-20 and +2 to hit and damage or am I off? The good thing is you can switch easily I guess.

Ultinoob
12-05-2016, 03:41 AM
The formula for calculating damage is basically:

AverageDamagePerHit=(19.*NonCritableDamage+(19.-ThreatRange)*(CritableDamage)*(100+MeleePower)/100.+2*ThreatMultiplier1920*CritableDamage*(100+Me leePower)/100.+(ThreatRange-2.)*CritableDamage*ThreatMultiplierNormal*(100+Mel eePower)/100.+ ExtraDamageOnCrits*ThreatRange)/20.*(100+DoubleStrike)/100.
GlancingBlowDamage=(19.*CritableDamage)/20.*(100+MeleePower)/100.*GlancingBlowProc*GlancingBlowDamagePercent/4.+(19.*NonCritableDamage)/20.*GlancingBlowExtraPercent

So it all depence on what staff you are using and what you basic damage is and what you doublestrike is before using the stance.
But neither critmultiplier or doublestrike affects glancing blows.

As an example we can take my druid 15 rogue 5 build right now he is level 28. Melee power: 61. doublestrike 27. he does 80 damage per swing before melee power and crits. he has a melee alacrity of 30. He is using stout oak walking stick and legendary dreadnought. He crits on 17-18x4 and 19-20x6
If we also assume we can use Vanshilars attack speed for BAB 20 we get 651 dps. with 12% more doublestrike it is 704.25. and for increased multiplier on 19 20: 684.17. So doublestrike wins.

If you give me the numbers for you build i wouldn't mind doing the math for you.

boredman
12-16-2016, 10:38 PM
I currently use windstance that extra double strike is nice, its a Monk Rogue with mainly TA enhancements just enough HM for the 30 MP and thats basically it.

The bigger numbers of sun are nice but. Im thinking 12% double strike is better than another *1 multiplier on a 19-20 and +2 to hit and damage or am I off? The good thing is you can switch easily I guess.

Doublestrike benefits more from sneak attack damage and weapon damage effects while the extra crit mult benefits more from high seeker bonuses, since you seem to use some sa from rogue, doublestrike seems better in average than crit mult since the extra doublestrike attack can proc sa and weapon effect bonuses. Also thf, swf an s&b get full doublestrike bonus per attack since there is no off hand proc as twf.

Just my thoughts

moo_cow
12-26-2016, 02:23 PM

Wind is way better dps.

Ulfo
12-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Wind is way better dps for your build.

Fixed for great justice. ;)