PDA

View Full Version : PVP is it ever going to be something?

motni321
11-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Im super curious if this game will ever bring itself to have pvp. Balanced. Maybe dispose the ship buffs upon entrance. Having a reward system of gear maybe all balanced based upon class. Idk, I think that would influence pure class. Would also influence players who base themselves on pvp/pve based games to come join the game bring more population. Also the leveling system is awesome i love this game have been playing it for a very long time. I have yet to ask this question for so long. My opinion states this. bringing pvp to the game will bring a variety of new players also making it abundant on every server with new people.

Uska
11-20-2016, 02:01 PM
It shouldn't even be at the level it is

motni321
11-20-2016, 02:10 PM
It shouldn't even be at the level it is

what do you mean?

AlmGhandi
11-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Im super curious if this game will ever bring itself to have pvp. Balanced. Maybe dispose the ship buffs upon entrance. Having a reward system of gear maybe all balanced based upon class. Idk, I think that would influence pure class. Would also influence players who base themselves on pvp/pve based games to come join the game bring more population. Also the leveling system is awesome i love this game have been playing it for a very long time. I have yet to ask this question for so long. My opinion states this. bringing pvp to the game will bring a variety of new players also making it abundant on every server with new people.

I think a few years ago someone answered this question very eloquently.....
"if you want PVP play another game"

motni321
11-20-2016, 02:21 PM
would make for a higher budget game content and graphics too. Just saying.

Uska
11-20-2016, 02:25 PM
what do you mean?

Not all games need pvp and changes made for pvp would sure enough bug and affect pve also any dev time WASTED on pvp is dev time taken from pve

Uska
11-20-2016, 02:26 PM
would make for a higher budget game content and graphics too. Just saying.

No it wouldn't

cdbd3rd
11-20-2016, 02:46 PM
No.

(OP's first post ever is a thread known to cause drama, posted outside of the protected PvP zone...)

http://www.alaskafishingtrips.biz/media/assets/no-bait.png

Enoach
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM
While I understand there are people that want to see more effort in PvP in the game, there are others that already think Turbine went to far with what they already have.

Currently
1. Brawling Pits (Free for all)
2. Death Match - Timed vs # Kills
3. Capture the flag

Next, it is a balance thing. At any given level the game DDO is based on never had class balance. So bringing it to DDO really starts to make all characters the same.

I personally prefer it stays focused on PvE as I don't see PvP as nothing more then a place to cause drama. It was also the lack of PvP that initially brought me to DDO in the summer of '06.

psykopeta
11-20-2016, 03:17 PM
With the current level of balancel(or dc's) asking for 1 minute if any dev spent on pvp is a bad joke, the current lvl of pvp is bound to the current lvl of balance
Asking for more areas, rewards, ranking, whatever shoukd be considered trolling

motni321
11-20-2016, 06:14 PM
IF ANYTHING it would boost pve you have to level through it regardless. maybe having a capped pvp with gear. a deticated area. I honestly would not doubt it would bring more players and a new variety of players. there is going to be drama related to games. period. end of subject. its always around. within guild. I have even seen it in party's and simply in general chat. so theres no "Drama" excuse on that. this forum is meant for suggestions. i didnt know they would be shot down in almost an instant. my opinion stands i may be the only or speaking for other who have not spoken. My opinion is that Pvp should be introduced either At lvl cap (20) or epic cap 20+(10) im sure turbine could figure it out one way or another. as said in the title of forum "Suggestions & Ideas"

Uska
11-20-2016, 07:12 PM
IF ANYTHING it would boost pve you have to level through it regardless. maybe having a capped pvp with gear. a deticated area. I honestly would not doubt it would bring more players and a new variety of players. there is going to be drama related to games. period. end of subject. its always around. within guild. I have even seen it in party's and simply in general chat. so theres no "Drama" excuse on that. this forum is meant for suggestions. i didnt know they would be shot down in almost an instant. my opinion stands i may be the only or speaking for other who have not spoken. My opinion is that Pvp should be introduced either At lvl cap (20) or epic cap 20+(10) im sure turbine could figure it out one way or another. as said in the title of forum "Suggestions & Ideas"

You don't think that in 10 years nobody else would have suggested it and that the idea had already been shot down hard?

motni321
11-20-2016, 09:01 PM
You don't think that in 10 years nobody else would have suggested it and that the idea had already been shot down hard?

im going to go ahead and assume who ever the developers are. the first requirement is being anti PVP.

Uska
11-20-2016, 09:43 PM
im going to go ahead and assume who ever the developers are. the first requirement is being anti PVP.

Not really the devs are neutral its the majority of the players or at least the majority of vocal players that didn't want pvp. We are based on d&d and that's not really balanced for it and nor is ddo and there shouldn't be changes made just for pvp.

FlameDiablo
12-02-2016, 05:32 AM
I always complained about lack of PVP in DDO (the biggest defect of the game IMO), i proposed a lot of things, i waited a lot and hoped for a community mind change, but... everything was useless.

THIS COMMUNITY REALLY HATES PVP

They told me that for some unknown mystical and obscure reasons PVP would ruin the PVE. Even if DDO got the potential to became the best MMORPG this PVP hate prevent it and there is no way to change this. I tried a lot my friend, trust me, is impossible.

If yu like PVP like me yu need to find other games (the reason coz i quitted), but than yu will miss the DDO PVE (the reason coz i'm back).

DDO PVE is the best yu can find, but without the PVP is incomplete, and this will never change.

FranOhmsford
12-02-2016, 07:43 AM
I always complained about lack of PVP in DDO (the biggest defect of the game IMO), i proposed a lot of things, i waited a lot and hoped for a community mind change, but... everything was useless.

They told me that for some unknown mystical and obscure reasons PVP would ruin the PVE. Even if DDO got the potential to became the best MMORPG this PVP hate prevent it and there is no way to change this. I tried a lot my friend, trust me, is impossible.

If yu like PVP like me yu need to find other games (the reason coz i quitted), but than yu will miss the DDO PVE (the reason coz i'm back).

DDO PVE is the best yu can find, but without the PVP is incomplete, and this will never change.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you're involved in, whether it's a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/gary_gygax.html

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience. Gary Gygax

D&D and PvP are POLAR OPPOSITES!

PvP is Antithetical to D&D!

If you want PvP there are hundreds of games you can choose from! DDO is not one of them and never should be!

Enoach
12-02-2016, 08:15 AM

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you're involved in, whether it's a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things. Gary Gygax

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience. Gary Gygax

D&D and PvP are POLAR OPPOSITES!

PvP is Antithetical to D&D!

If you want PvP there are hundreds of games you can choose from! DDO is not one of them and never should be!

FranOhmsford and I don't often agree, but when we do it usually comes with Quotes from Gary Gygax :).

dunklezhan
12-02-2016, 09:29 AM
OP don't feel guilty for posting a suggestion. Some people have forgotten not everyone has lived in the forums for years. Before I post in suggestions I always do a search to see if there's a thread i can /sign instead. That might have saved you some pain.

Anyway: some players do want PVP. Anyone saying otherwise is just pushing the fact they personally don't. *I* don't, but not in a "don't you dare add it to my game" way, I just wouldn't enjoy it, so I wouldn't play it. I think its fair to say that most DDO players i have met in game are in the same boat. Even when the game was way way bigger and way younger, PVP was basically an almost-non-event - it certainly happened, but it was and I think still is a way to just kill time waiting for quests. Classes are just too imbalanced (and need to stay that way for it to stay DDO) to make it work.

On that basis, given the small dev team and the style of the rest of the game, I think it unlikely that any PVP which might attract a few more players would really be worth it in terms of the number of other areas of the game that need constant care in order to keep ?players.

Aelonwy
12-02-2016, 12:10 PM
FranOhmsford and I don't often agree, but when we do it usually comes with Quotes from Gary Gygax :).

I feel that needs to be on one of those Most Interesting Man in the World memes.

Mr_Helmet
12-02-2016, 12:56 PM
No, PvP will never matter in this game.

Memnir
12-03-2016, 09:49 AM
For PvP to have ever been "meaningful" to this game - it would have had to been designed for it from the get-go, as a foundation of the game. It wasn't. DDO launched without PvP, and it was crudely shoehorned in about six months after launch to appease that segment of the population. We have functional PvP, and nothing more and nothing less. It's not a main component of gameplay in DDO because it was never meant to be. I honestly doubt that the vast majority of players (PvP enthusiasts or otherwise) know about or have played the Deathmatch or CTF options. I played them a few times when they first launched - and found them to be a lot more fun then Tavern Brawl. They are enjoyable and viable options that have done nothing but wither on the vine in favor of the gankfests of the pits.

PvP in DDO should never have rewards beyond bragging rights, and no special-snowflake rules added to it. The game wasn't built for it from the outset, so to try to retcon that in after a decade would likely lead to disastrous results. I for one would not want to risk any PvP bleed-over into the PvE side... and it would happen, let's not kid ourselves.

DDO is not a PvP game, and I feel it's a better D&D game as a result. I'm here to play a digital simulacrum of Dungeons and Dragons. The only times I've encountered PvP in D&D it was the result of bad DMing, and I'm more then happy our DM (Turbine) has been wise enough to avoid that pitfall for the most part.

PvP in the game is purely an afterthought, and should never be more then that.