PDA

View Full Version : Random Loot Orbs

surealist
11-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Could we get orbs added to the random generated loot table? The named Orbs are great, however it would be nice to be able to craft some to fit specific needs through cannith crafting.

Aelonwy
11-20-2016, 01:08 PM
They never made random generated rune arms either.

Karadon_II
11-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Or trinkets as far as I know.

Rather than diluting loot tables with Runearms and Orbs that few will use as is, perhaps they could make craftable rune arms and orbs available in the DDO store!

Pyed-Pyper
11-20-2016, 07:30 PM
There were rune arms in the DDO store. Haven't looked recently. Trinket blanks were available in the store last time I looked, drop very rarely in chests, and drop rarely during the Risia festival. Random gen Compasses (trinket slot) also drop in random loot. And, of course, shards from Shroud/DA can be crafted as trinkets.

Someone suggested that rune arms be treated as orbs, equippable by any class. Rune arm charging/firing would require 2+ levs of Arti, but any class could benefit from other effects.

Selvera
11-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Rune arms are craft-able already. Even named runarms are craft-able now. That's cool, awesome! I mean, artificers have to invest in cannith crafting (like they were expected to do by design) or live with the default stats of the runarms... but that's fine. There's even ML1 runearms, so you can run with your personal crafted runarm at all levels. Awesome.

Trinkets are also craft-able, and they are pretty much the most customizable item in the game. They don't drop as random loot unless you count the very, very low chance that they drop anywhere. However, you can get craftable trinkets from the DDO store.

Orbs... don't. As far as I can tell, the ONLY craftable orb in the game is Thunderforged, so you're not getting any orb with an effect that you choose until you're level 24 at least. They don't appear in random loot and there aren't even any orbs with a ML below 7, so your orb build is going to have to figure out what to do with that offhand below level 7, then pick and farm the orb that does what you want it to do from the named items avaiable... if any of them do what you want them to.

To be fair there are a fair number of named orbs in the game, but since orbs tend to be very spellpower/spellcasting focused, there's often not many orbs that work for the specific school/niche you want in your build. Having random loot orbs and/or cannith crafted orbs would go a long way to fix both of these problems. Having greensteel orbs (or slavers orbs) would go a long way to fixing the limited number of options for orbs in your build, but would keep the high-lowest minimum level problem of orbs.

EllisDee37
11-21-2016, 04:26 PM
drop rarely during the Risia festival.It's easy to get as many trinkets as you please during Risia. There's a small-ish chance to get a trinket from any kind of turn-in: whites, blues or purples. All you need is the determination to farm coins for an hour or so and you're almost guaranteed to get a couple trinkets.

slarden
11-22-2016, 06:48 AM
It's easy to get as many trinkets as you please during Risia. There's a small-ish chance to get a trinket from any kind of turn-in: whites, blues or purples. All you need is the determination to farm coins for an hour or so and you're almost guaranteed to get a couple trinkets. Yep those definitely aren't rare drops. Since they are btc I deleted several from my main, although with the new system btc is no longer a problem - just pass a min level shard to the person with the btc trinket and it changes to bta when applied.

RD2play
11-22-2016, 08:10 AM
They never made random generated rune arms either.

Rune-Arms are only usable by arti's or arti splash builds. IMO random/craftable Orbs would be a great addition to the game as they cannot only be used by most casters but could also be nice for SWF melee builds. Additionally there are many named/craftable Rune-Arms at various levels throughout the game, where there is a lack of orbs especially at the lower levels. Random/Craftable orbs could also open the way for Cosmetic/Glammerd Orbs which could provide some revenue for turbine. All in all I think random orbs would be an awesome addition to fill the gaps during leveling.

Aelonwy
11-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Rune-Arms are only usable by arti's or arti splash builds. IMO random/craftable Orbs would be a great addition to the game as they cannot only be used by most casters but could also be nice for SWF melee builds. Additionally there are many named/craftable Rune-Arms at various levels throughout the game, where there is a lack of orbs especially at the lower levels. Random/Craftable orbs could also open the way for Cosmetic/Glammerd Orbs which could provide some revenue for turbine. All in all I think random orbs would be an awesome addition to fill the gaps during leveling.

Oh, mine was not a dissenting opinion, I agree that random/craftable orbs should be added to the game. My statement was more inline with the tone of *sigh* this too.