PDA

View Full Version : Love for the Ninja Spy, please

Assassination
11-19-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm currently at level 27 of a pure ninja spy build. This is my first real play through with a monk character, so realize most of my experience is playing pure assassins (hence my name) and ranger type toons.

Running through heroics with a ninja is a nice experience. I did it with no epic past lives, and this is 2nd play through of heroics. When this build kind of hits a wall, so to speak, is in late epics. I can't really seem to pull off

any of my finishing moves because of the dc's, and quivering palm has been pretty much useless in epics.

Core's at lvl 12 and 18 of the ninja tree kind of baffle me. Core 12 is semi useful in heroics, but pretty useless in epics. Core 18, yeah the dummy is fun, it makes guildies laugh... but jeez this is a lvl 18 core, and this core

shares a timer with the lvl 18 core of Shintao, void the dragon... is this Wai?

Things that would seem to make sense to me in this tree:

1. More sneak attack dice. Maybe a d6 per core? maybe 3d6 in core 20?

2. Envenomed blades, somewhere, I'd even take it at tier 5 if it had some melee power with it.

3. Crippling Strike... yes please replace this with something... how about con damage? That way our poison would have an easier time getting through.

4. Empty tier 5 slot: how about some sort of insta-kill, call it "Poison to the Heart" something, pls.

5. Core 18: Ninja Dummy: add something here, I think the dummy is lonely...:)

Some actual sneak attacks would be nice as well, we have no reason ( except a bit of passive ki regen ) to sneak at all.

These are my suggestions.... I think this could be a really great tree, and I care about this type of character. That is why I complain, and hope for some improvements.

I think without some changes this tree becomes something we use as a splash, say 11-13 pts to a ranger or fighter build. Which is not a bad thing... I would just like to make a viable toon with this tree.

I know one mans viable, is not always anothers...:) Thanks

Saekee
11-19-2016, 06:04 PM
I think the cores could imitate the paladin cores but do poison damage instead of light, only on piercing/slashing/throwing weapons

Arlathen
11-20-2016, 03:50 AM
I'm yet to review the Ninja Spy (I'm currently engaged with my Henshin Mystic play through), but the two things that stic kout to me:

1. It needs more sneak attack dice!

2. Flash Bang DC needs updating in some way to provide a competitive DC in Epic/Legendary content.

I can't other wise disagree with anything else, although with Monks having Quivering Palm (borked DC is a conversation for another thread) I don't think an Instant kill is necessary.

BigErkyKid
11-21-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm yet to review the Ninja Spy (I'm currently engaged with my Henshin Mystic play through), but the two things that stic kout to me:

1. It needs more sneak attack dice!

2. Flash Bang DC needs updating in some way to provide a competitive DC in Epic/Legendary content.

I can't other wise disagree with anything else, although with Monks having Quivering Palm (borked DC is a conversation for another thread) I don't think an Instant kill is necessary.

The ninja spy tree looks terrible. The majority of dark monk attacks don't scale well, it has no melee power in its cores...

I would not play a ninja spy in epics, it seems a recipe for frustration.

Ulfo
11-21-2016, 07:44 AM
The ninja spy tree looks terrible.

Really? It's ok for me. 8)

The majority of dark monk attacks don't scale well, it has no melee power in its cores...

Best dark monk attack is simple shuriken throw, and it's works perfectly with Sting of the Ninja. Who need all other attack moves? :)

I would not play a ninja spy in epics, it seems a recipe for frustration.

Orly? "Overopower fury-shuri, need nerf asap" permanent forums-whining? No, not hear... lol... http://forum.eve-ru.com/public/style_emoticons/default/trololo.png

Gannicus
11-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Before the monk pass the class was a great 6 or less splash.

After the monk pass the class is a great 6 or less splash.

edrein
11-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Really? It's ok for me. 8)

Best dark monk attack is simple shuriken throw, and it's works perfectly with Sting of the Ninja. Who need all other attack moves? :)

Orly? "Overopower fury-shuri, need nerf asap" permanent forums-whining? No, not hear... lol... http://forum.eve-ru.com/public/style_emoticons/default/trololo.png

I'd argue that's the problem in a nutshell; for the shuriken thrower Ninja Spy is the same as before, perhaps even buffed a bit. For those attempting to use shortswords, kamas, whirling steel strike, etc. the changes didn't entirely help. They were a minor salve at best, and leave much to be desired like the rest of the monk pass. Ninja Spy is arguably just as bad if not worse than Henshin at the moment for a pure, mostly because they lack self healing of any form and are locked to using piercing/slashing weapons fully. The 18-20 cores aren't attractive enough to make Ninja Spy past a level 6 splash, and 12 is only there if you've a need for a monk PL. Otherwise a 12 kensai/12 ranger with 6 ninja spy is the route anyone wanting to play a non-shurichucker ninja themed character is going to roll.

Uska
11-22-2016, 06:27 PM
sure we always need more power creep

edrein
11-22-2016, 09:05 PM
sure we always need more power creep

'Power Creep' aimed at pure classes is fine, I'd rather see 18-20 buffed on any class than continue to see the overpowered buffs the 1-6 splash range keeps getting. If you consider buffing the later cores to be the same kind of power creep we've been witnessing as a whole with the passes, I'm going to have to say you've truly reached the point of no return on your constant, "no" barrage towards everything on this forums.

Uska
11-22-2016, 09:28 PM
'Power Creep' aimed at pure classes is fine, I'd rather see 18-20 buffed on any class than continue to see the overpowered buffs the 1-6 splash range keeps getting. If you consider buffing the later cores to be the same kind of power creep we've been witnessing as a whole with the passes, I'm going to have to say you've truly reached the point of no return on your constant, "no" barrage towards everything on this forums.

Power creep of any kind is bad what we need is a heavy round of nerfing

edrein
11-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Power creep of any kind is bad what we need is a heavy round of nerfing

Only way I'd agree with that is if the power creep of enemies is dropped as well, the HP and damage inflation is silly recently.

psykopeta
11-23-2016, 11:21 AM

I would restrict tiers to higher class levels, i mean, 12 levels of that class for t5 instead of only 5 lvls for example would kill trees and more "build options that make balancing just impossible because if players aim to certain values multuclass is better than pure"

DeathbringerGod
11-26-2016, 04:17 AM
I would like a Stunning attack added for using with shortsword/kamas/etc that works like stunning fist... or add a another version stunning blow feat that adds wis to dc or something

Assassination
11-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Before the monk pass the class was a great 6 or less splash.

After the monk pass the class is a great 6 or less splash.

I'm not sure about shintao or stick monks, but I would agree with this for the ninja. I've tr'd out of the pure ninja, into what I would call a "super ninja".... 12 fighter/6 ninja/2 rogue.