PDA

View Full Version : World Restarts: Thursday, November 17th 9:10am Eastern

Cordovan
11-17-2016, 08:03 AM
Update: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience.

We are rebooting the game worlds to prevent an issue where many players are unable to enter the game.

sudoroot
11-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Yup I have been trying to get on the game for 4 hours..... I can be bought off hint hint LOL

JackLV
11-17-2016, 08:10 AM
We are rebooting the game worlds to prevent an issue where many players are unable to enter the game.

So during the limited time I have to play yet again the game is down

DrenglisEU
11-17-2016, 08:10 AM
Fingers crossed that this helps, haven't lost a day in a long time but this one was new to be!!!

kanordog
11-17-2016, 08:13 AM

Hardly anyone could play in the last hours, if no downtime then nobody would be able to play, sry, this time downtime is reasonable

96th_Malice
11-17-2016, 08:14 AM

Well apparently you wouldnt be able to log in anyways ....

soooo ... ya there's that

sudzz
11-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Hardly anyone could play in the last hours, if no downtime then nobody would be able to play, sry, this time downtime is reasonable

We could login just fine, couln't create a party or join one though, been like this for the last 4 hours, no response in-game to anybody.

Dragavon
11-17-2016, 08:25 AM

Yes, because all of this was just to spite you :rolleyes:

DrenglisEU
11-17-2016, 08:30 AM
This really brings back the memories starting back in 2006..... Soon (trademarked). What is as not understandable is that the response is slow, even slower than it was back then. But, but... let's hope that this will fix the problem.. soon

TedSandyman
11-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Yes, because all of this was just to spite you :rolleyes:

And we're going to keep it down just to continue the spite.

sheltong
11-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Do we have a downtime estimate for the reboot? Thanks!

sk3l3t0r
11-17-2016, 08:41 AM
We could login just fine, couln't create a party or join one though, been like this for the last 4 hours, no response in-game to anybody.

same here

dislyx
11-17-2016, 08:44 AM

do you have a downtime estimate?

Trilladen
11-17-2016, 08:45 AM

you are not the only person with limited time but hey !!! this not all about you it affects us all but if the worlds need restarting they need restarting. so GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Trilladen
11-17-2016, 08:47 AM
and we're going to keep it down just to continue the spite.

lol

minhokim96
11-17-2016, 08:49 AM
we are rebooting the game worlds to prevent an issue where many players are unable to enter the game.

q.q?

96th_Malice
11-17-2016, 08:49 AM
I am going to point this out tho

it takes me about 2 minutes to reboot my system ( and its about 5 years old with no SSD )

HOW OLD ARE YOUR SERVERS LOL ??

YUTANG75
11-17-2016, 08:53 AM

it takes me about 2 minutes to reboot my system ( and its about 5 years old with no SSD )

I'm guessing that they're checking the problem is solved. Don't want to re-open the worlds after 'fixing' the issue only to find out it's not. I say this because the servers show up as closed not down.

EDIT: NVM they're up now!

Shindurza
11-17-2016, 08:53 AM
I am logged on and in the game...yay me!

-Shin

liston33
11-17-2016, 08:54 AM
servers are up...

Dragavon
11-17-2016, 08:55 AM

And you think that rebooting a DDO server is as quick and simple as rebooting a single PC?

Shindurza
11-17-2016, 08:56 AM
...that ship buffs are nonexistent for about an hour...

-Shin

Ulfo
11-17-2016, 09:01 AM
And you think that rebooting a DDO server is as quick and simple as rebooting a single PC?

CCP reboot their EVE Online worldwide server daily, and it's about 20-30 min. So?

minhokim96
11-17-2016, 09:01 AM

They are gone!

Bob_of_QF
11-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Well, they were warned not to upgrade to Windoze 10, without formatting the disc first...

/end sarcasm

Cordovan
11-17-2016, 09:03 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience.

fearlossPhiction
11-17-2016, 09:18 AM

as per the other thread , what is your current support model for Europeans and other continents? this problem was obvious at 8am UTC

DarkSable
11-17-2016, 09:32 AM
as per the other thread , what is your current support model for Europeans and other continents? this problem was obvious at 8am UTC

Their support model? About a pinky. If you're lucky, they'll put a rock on the other end of the board to help balance things.

(Note: I absolutely love the game and what it manages to do for the genre that nothing else does... but man it could be such an amazing thing, if someone could come along and properly give it the investment it needs to actively pursue support and development in an aggressive manner.)

ToshiK
11-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Please stop a guildship_reset after rebooting. that is confused with ship-amenities are lost.

Eryhn
11-17-2016, 09:51 AM
what is your current support model

model, adj. typical, ideal synonyms: classic, exemplary, flawless, perfect, representative

https://memecrunch.com/meme/BJSUR/nope/image.gif?w=400&c=1

ChildofWizards
11-17-2016, 11:13 AM

Your system doesn't have probably over a million lines of code they have to put into RAM every boot up along with correcting the code that caused the issue at the time. The debug process alone which is reading all the code to make sure it is all technically correct takes quite some time as well. Id suggest taking a computer programming class just to see a small fraction of what they do for something as massive as a 10 year old game.

arkonas
11-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Please stop a guildship_reset after rebooting. that is confused with ship-amenities are lost.

i would think someone with your experience of starting would know it could take a bit for the buffs to reappear. its always been like this. this is nothing new. they usually say this on every update/restart.

C-Dog
11-17-2016, 11:42 AM
...What is as not understandable is that the response is slow, even slower than it was back then..

Then allow me to suggest an explanation, in words that you might understand...

The problem hit around 3-5 AM Eastern time (where Turbine lives). So, I hope it is understandable that, altho' that might be in the middle of the day where "EU" live, they had limited staff on duty then. So that limited staff could either A) start to troubleshoot/fix the problem, or B) respond to you personally, you and every other player on line. - which was quite a few, I'm guessing.

I know which I would rather have them do, and I (for one) understand why they made that choice and not the other.

Meanwhile, the forums had figured out that 1) the problem was server wide, and 2) it wasn't just "me". So we had all the info that was pro'ly available (and relevant to us) at 5 AM, making personal hand-holding rather moot.

Thanks Turbine - problems happen, it's all about the save. GJ!

fearlossPhiction
11-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Their support model? About a pinky. If you're lucky, they'll put a rock on the other end of the board to help balance things.

(Note: I absolutely love the game and what it manages to do for the genre that nothing else does... but man it could be such an amazing thing, if someone could come along and properly give it the investment it needs to actively pursue support and development in an aggressive manner.)

im with you on loving the game, however if they are selling a global game then they need to support it ( i know globalisation is a big issue in the US at the moment) and i dont think its that big a question to answer

Tscheuss
11-17-2016, 12:47 PM

Thank you for being done before I even knew they were down in the first place. :D

fearlossPhiction
11-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Then allow me to suggest an explanation, in words that you might understand...

The problem hit around 3-5 AM Eastern time (where Turbine lives). So, I hope it is understandable that, altho' that might be in the middle of the day where "EU" live, they had limited staff on duty then. So that limited staff could either A) start to troubleshoot/fix the problem, or B) respond to you personally, you and every other player on line. - which was quite a few, I'm guessing.

I know which I would rather have them do, and I (for one) understand why they made that choice and not the other.

Meanwhile, the forums had figured out that 1) the problem was server wide, and 2) it wasn't just "me". So we had all the info that was pro'ly available (and relevant to us) at 5 AM, making personal hand-holding rather moot.

Thanks Turbine - problems happen, it's all about the save. GJ! GJ lol

which is fine as long as it is clear that this is how their support works, what isn't acceptable is to sell to these markets with any expectation of 24/7 support , i will gaurentee the datacentre is 24/7 so the hold up today was Turbine

LrdSlvrhnd
11-17-2016, 06:31 PM

They used to do this. Y'know what that entailed? Keeping the servers offline an extra hour just to make sure that everything was repopulated and people weren't confused.

I dunno about you, but I'll take waiting an extra hour with the game available vs. waiting an extra hour without. The new ship buffs have plenty of time on the clock even if, for some reason, I didn't rebuff at the end of the gaming session (a rare thing that usually involves seeing an LFM up for something I want to do on another character and hurriedly switching without taking time to /death back to the ship); the legacy buffs, while nice & convenient, are just that... a nice convenience that I don't rely on.