PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian/Bladeforge

Chaimberland
11-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Has anyone ever tried a barbarian/bladeforge build? Is it even possible? I would love to see a build if anyone has one.

Mr_Helmet
11-16-2016, 10:48 AM
This is expensive as you need multiple +X hearts and an alignment change.

And it's a terrible idea, even dumber than playing a WF barbarian :)

I mean it's a REALLY terrible idea, should we pontificate?

Krelar
11-16-2016, 11:11 AM
You can't use reconstruct while raged.

This means either you play without reconstruct, which eliminates pretty much the only reason to do bladeforged.

Or you play without raging, which eliminates the main reason to play a barbarian.

unbongwah
11-16-2016, 11:28 AM
It's possible, however it requires an LR +1 to eliminate your initial paladin level, an alignment change, and then an LR +20 (or three LR +5s) to switch to barb. So: a lot of TPs up-front just to become a BF barb. Also the biggest incentive for being Bladeforged melee (vs WF) is Reconstruct SLA...which you can't use while Raged. Plus as we've discussed elsewhere, 41 FB / 39 Ravager is considered the optimal split for most non-human pure barb builds; so shifting APs into BF tree means giving up DPS.

So in short: doable, but expensive and barb Rage negates the main reason you want to be a BF in the first place. And frankly, with the buffs to Kensei, BF pure ftr or ftr / monk like Cetus's build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478432-Cetus-Supreme-Bladeforged-Fighter-Reborn) makes more sense and costs less TPs - just an LR +1 to get rid of pally lvl.

Chaimberland
11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Thank you all for the posts and advice. I have a bladeforge that I'm going to ITR soon and was looking to get a barbarian life but yet still use the bladeforge equipment. Not being able to use recontstruct while raging didn't even enter my mind so thank you for pointing that out. This idea is officially scrapped.

adrian69
11-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you all for the posts and advice. I have a bladeforge that I'm going to ITR soon and was looking to get a barbarian life but yet still use the bladeforge equipment. Not being able to use recontstruct while raging didn't even enter my mind so thank you for pointing that out. This idea is officially scrapped.

Honestly, after Barb pass, it really killed it for them being Bladeforge and somewhat Warforged. You need 20 barb, and no less than 18 with 31 AP for Death Frenzy in FB and 37 for Blood Strength and Crit Rage in Ravager, going pure mean 41 in FB for capstone, which leave 2 AP to work with. That's the pure(r) option.

However, builds like 17 barb/3 bard, 12/6/2, etc. have a lot of leeway in choice without gimping dps and self sustainability.

Of course I guess you could always ditch Crit rage and Blood Strength and Pick Recon and +3 Multiplier from FB and run in DC in epics.