PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Thursday, October 27th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
10-26-2016, 03:04 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for an update to the game on Thursday, October 27th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This update will include several bug fixes.

Uska
10-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Who knows maybe I will be able to play after this but I doubt it

Cordovan
10-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-33-patch-1-release-notes)

Cordovan
10-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Who knows maybe I will be able to play after this but I doubt it

I have seen you make a few comments like this, but haven't had the opportunity to delve further into your issue. Get in touch with me through PM so I can get a specific understanding of what your technical issue is and ask some questions about what computer you are using, where from, Internet provider, etc.

Aelonwy
10-26-2016, 04:01 PM
There's nothing in the Release Notes about red names and purple names becoming champions... will that or won't that see a fix tomorrow?

dunklezhan
10-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Pet collars now properly apply on-hit effects.
Artificer Iron Defender and Druid Wolf Companions are now proficient with handwraps (to allow them to properly use collars).

Thank you very much, on both counts.

Handwraps can once again be purchased on the Auction Houses. They are now located under Exotic Weapons.
Handwraps no longer take durability damage.
Monk Damage Reduction on handwraps will no longer disappear after zoning or resting.

Thank you very much, on all three counts.

On the subject of durability damage... that's incredibly nice and all to not take durability damage at all, but is it maybe swinging too far the other way? Yeah, I was not a fan of handwraps being eaten so fast by oozes (yay for being part of the group that got listened to for once, I must be ill or something), but I didn't notice it being particularly bad in normal hand to hand combat vs other mobs.

I'd have been more or less ecstatic for instance to get an everbright augment option (which other weapons could also benefit from) and a couple of named oozebeaters adding to the game. What's been done here is very nice for my monk but the concept of 'lore says oozes eat cloth' was not in and of itself objectionable, just the sudden loss of serious options that other classes get for dealing with them, purely as a result of the handwrap update.

Or is this a temporary fix whilst you work something else out? Or is it a typo and its just missing "vs oozes"?

Cordovan
10-26-2016, 04:13 PM
There's nothing in the Release Notes about red names and purple names becoming champions... will that or won't that see a fix tomorrow?
Oops, will add that along with these other things that were mentioned to me then I immediately forgot to add them:

Red and Purple named enemies can no longer erroneously spawn as Champions.
Favored Soul enhancement "Ascendancy" multi-selector options for the new deities all may target the correct target types now instead of "Self, Friend, or Undead".
"Death's Smile" cosmetic helm flavor text is no longer grammatically incorrect.

dunklezhan
10-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Oops, will add that along with these other things that were mentioned to me then I immediately forgot to add them:

Favored Soul enhancement "Ascendancy" multi-selector options for the new deities all may target the correct target types now instead of "Self, Friend, or Undead".

Lol!

It always tickles me when your release notes have release notes. Or possibly a KI list. Not exactly sure ;)

raclaw
10-26-2016, 04:25 PM

Why dont add Reapers Docent? :( Slavers helms repair too?

Khurse
10-26-2016, 04:58 PM
I get that it's not in the fix yet, but is there any word on the number of "old" Handwraps that aren't working? Just curious if my collection of holy/disruption wraps from when Monks first came out are worth keeping (ir will be fixed at some point) or is it an issue that can't be resolved and i can gain some bank space.

Eryhn
10-26-2016, 06:01 PM

this actually is a rather promising list. appreciated.

also, tentative question: given the draught didnt work for a while, can we hope for a few days extension on revels uptime? also cause it's pretty unplayable during weekend peaktime as the graveyard lags out and it bleeds into the challenges, too.

yes, i know, it bleeds into other parts of the game as well, so hate me for asking folks XD

Zebedar
10-26-2016, 06:31 PM

What about the crit multiplier bug Sev said would be fixed? it's still bugged on live, won't you be making it a priority to fix it considering how many classes/builds it's still affecting Cordovan?

hi_sa1nt
10-26-2016, 06:54 PM
The DDO game worlds will be brought down for an update to the game on Thursday, October 27th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This update will include several bug fixes.

Is this fixing the bug where in Search and Rescue, the collectibles are not able to be targeted?

Memnir
10-26-2016, 07:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cHRIRtz.gif

Steve_Howe
10-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-33-patch-1-release-notes)What about the crit multiplier bug Sev said would be fixed? it's still bugged on live, won't you be making it a priority to fix it considering how many classes/builds it's still affecting Cordovan?

I know quite a few folks who would ALSO like to know the answer to this question.

Uska
10-26-2016, 07:10 PM
I have seen you make a few comments like this, but haven't had the opportunity to delve further into your issue. Get in touch with me through PM so I can get a specific understanding of what your technical issue is and ask some questions about what computer you are using, where from, Internet provider, etc.

Thank I will try to do that asap but I have been using the same computer with same internet for 2 years without issue now I cant play at all will give you details asap hopefully tomorrow but with horrorcon, work, and filming my scenes I don't even have much time for sleep

Uska
10-26-2016, 07:12 PM

Thank I will try to do that asap but I have been using the same computer with same internet for 2 years without issue now I cant play at all will give you details asap hopefully tomorrow but with horrorcon, work, and filming my scenes I don't even have much time for sleep

I am using windows 10 I am on DSL m computer has more than adequate ram and graphics card. I play issue and loaded wow and starwars just to see if that worked.

LrdSlvrhnd
10-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Headless zombies no longer drop treasure bags.

See, now, I would've preferred them dropping t-bags that you could actually pick up... but not dropping broken ones is okay, I guess *g*

Paisheng
10-26-2016, 07:50 PM

Please let us know that you all know that wraps are significantly striking shorter than when monks were/are unarmed. Many threads have posted about this with the test data showing this as well as many monk testimonies. This is amounting to an unintended monk nerf and will be fixed in another soon patch update?

dunklezhan
10-27-2016, 02:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cHRIRtz.gif

Where do you find this stuff?

https://media.tenor.co/images/6a207337ff44e92f8dd167f2d99bca6b/raw

And also props to Adam Driver, I mean how is he doing that with a straight face?

Memnir
10-27-2016, 02:47 AM
Where do you find this stuff? I ask my computer nicely...

http://i.imgur.com/N9ApV0O.gif

...and they just show up. It really is just the darnedest thing. :D

frepla
10-27-2016, 03:11 AM

Are you also going to address ToD rings not working with handwraps?

FranOhmsford
10-27-2016, 05:05 AM
I ask my computer nicely...

http://i.imgur.com/N9ApV0O.gif

...and they just show up. It really is just the darnedest thing. :D

How quaint

zehnvhex
10-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Please let us know that you all know that wraps are significantly striking shorter than when monks were/are unarmed. Many threads have posted about this with the test data showing this as well as many monk testimonies. This is amounting to an unintended monk nerf and will be fixed in another soon patch update?

Steel just posted about it in another thread. They've got it fixed but it'll have to wait for the next patch. Until then just follow the Turbine recommended method of buying an LR+20 heart and respeccing until they fix it, then buy another and respec back.

^_^

NaturalHazard
10-27-2016, 08:28 AM
thanks for fixing the daughts of midnight.

Sexred
10-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Are you also going to address ToD rings not working with handwraps?

I would appreciate this as well.

Damien_Vampyre
10-27-2016, 09:58 AM
I never experienced a crash with missile weapons, but I have noticed that my Return to Sender does 0 dmg... just passes through everything without doing damage......

Svartelric
10-27-2016, 10:03 AM
I never experienced a crash with missile weapons, but I have noticed that my Return to Sender does 0 dmg... just passes through everything without doing damage......

Is it because it... is... being... returned to sender? :DDDD

Cordovan
10-27-2016, 10:16 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

Svartelric
10-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Servers are up! That was quick, thanks!

raclaw
10-27-2016, 10:36 AM

good work!!! slavers helms still invisible on warforged/bladeforged... still dont reaper docent and still no response... thx for nothing...

Gannicus
10-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Red and purple named can no longer erroneously spawn as champions.

Good job with a quick fix. However, I know it really isn't the thread for this but I would love if ALL redname and purplename bosses in the game were automatically made a champion. It is so tiring to go through a big quest struggling through to barely get to the boss alive and then slaughter the boss in about 5secs. and take a small fraction of damage in the process. Just ruins the immersion for me but I guess its just me since I did see some complaints when this bug cam up :(

On a side note thank you for the durability fix to wraps awesome work on a quick turn around.

Gannicus
10-27-2016, 10:52 AM
good work!!! slavers helms still invisible on warforged/bladeforged... still dont reaper docent and still no response... thx for nothing...

As was stated before in another thread....WF/BF aren't real people so this isn't really an issue ;)

rustyscrew420
10-27-2016, 10:53 AM
DDo client will not open after i select my severs dndclient is not showing up in my task manager window.. i have restarted my pc. i Really dont want to have to reinstall the game but i guess ill give that a try. any help would be great

raclaw
10-27-2016, 12:02 PM
As was stated before in another thread....WF/BF aren't real people so this isn't really an issue ;)

no real people ?? this racism. ;)

Therrias
10-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Any release notes?

Krelar
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Any release notes?

Post number 3?

Sunnie
10-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Handwraps no longer take durability damage.
And there was much rejoicing.

Edwardt
10-27-2016, 05:09 PM
That was a fast update indeed. Thanks for fixing the daughts of midnight and keeping the rednamed champs :D
Oh, they should have been fixed? No worries, they are fun! Keep them!

Shocolate
10-28-2016, 09:44 AM
That was a fast update indeed. Thanks for fixing the daughts of midnight and keeping the rednamed champs :D
Oh, they should have been fixed? No worries, they are fun! Keep them!

It's like they don't even test these things. If you want red named boss champs stick them in reaper so i don't have to ever see them. I don't find it fun or amusing getting hit for 500-700 damage in druids quest by Dire Den Mother running at broken speed with both Bludgeon and Piercing damage reduction on a rogue with 69 prr which btw is around 40% damage reduction at level 24.