PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Thursday, October 20th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
10-19-2016, 02:04 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, October 20th to release Update 33: Return of the Night Revels. Thank you for your patience.

Livmo
10-19-2016, 02:06 PM
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, October 20th to release Update 33: Return of the Night Revels. Thank you for your patience.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~I'm so happy~eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can't wait!

I enjoyed Night Revels allot last year!

EDIT ~ yes I've been stalking the forums for this announcement regarding Night Revels. The guide doesnt hav any new items or the new challenges, but that's OK. I can't wait for the new new :D

Maquist
10-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Yay!

Sadly, I'll be in class when this comes out, so I'll have to wait until the afternoon to even see the release notes.

Paisheng
10-19-2016, 02:08 PM

Yeaaa!! Return of Monk Revels too!

Bolo_Grubb
10-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Woot, i feel a sudden cold coming on, think I might have to call out sick on Friday :p

dunklezhan
10-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Woot, i feel a sudden cold coming on, think I might have to call out sick on Friday :p

Don't do that. Without being dismissive of Turbine's efforts here, there are system changes (handwraps and all the interlinked stuff) as well as event changes coming out at the same time. It is quite likely in my experience that friday may be a hotfix day or some other outage. Of course its possible it'll be just right straight out of the gate, but that is rare with system and event changes, and events have been known to cause wierd lag after they've been tweaked in any way.

Bolo_Grubb
10-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Don't do that. Without being dismissive of Turbine's efforts here, there are system changes (handwraps and all the interlinked stuff) as well as event changes coming out at the same time. It is quite likely in my experience that friday may be a hotfix day or some other outage. Of course its possible it'll be just right straight out of the gate, but that is rare with system and event changes, and events have been known to cause wierd lag after they've been tweaked in any way.

Good point, maybe I can hold the cold off until Monday :p

dunklezhan
10-19-2016, 02:28 PM
On the plus side - turbine's individual downtime length and frequency of overrunning downtime, is still trending downwards, I think.

Cordovan
10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-33-release-notes)

Sunnie
10-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Yay!

Sadly, I'll be in class when this comes out, so I'll have to wait until the afternoon to even see the release notes.
Lucky you. Some others of us are already stuck at home with a cold and NOTHING TO DO, so I'll be checking every 5 minutes to see "is it up yet?" I'll gladly trade you my cold for your classes.

Besides the release notes are already up well before the update hits? Double-U T F?

Ulfo
10-19-2016, 07:02 PM

Critical Multiplier bonuses now work on Thrown weapons.

They really work with thrown weapon, devs just hope they work, or no one hope, they not work and devs just say they work only to calm anger thrown weapon users? 8)

I'm just curious because before Steelstar write this:

Not for U33, unfortunately. It's not a small or simple problem. I'll try to get it pushed (back) up the priority list again.

TPICKRELL
10-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Touch of the Void Dragon no longer consumes Meditation charges. It now has a three minute cooldown, and costs 30 Ki. This enhancement also grants an additional +10 Melee Power.
To Seek Perfection now grants +25 Melee Power in addition to its other benefits.
Iron Skin's third rank now grants +20 PRR when centered

Thanks for these changes!

LrdSlvrhnd
10-19-2016, 07:20 PM
They really work with thrown weapon, devs just hope they work, or no one hope, they not work and devs just say they work only to calm anger thrown weapon users? 8)

I'm just curious because before Steelstar write this:

He posted in another thread that it was fixed. So hopefully, for those who use 'em, it really works *g*

Of course, it is coming up on Halloween, and this could be their version of Trick or Treat...

Ulfo
10-19-2016, 08:43 PM
Of course, it is coming up on Halloween, and this could be their version of Trick or Treat...

Yea, we have same thoughts... 8)

bru
10-19-2016, 10:07 PM
I was just reading the release notes and I wanted to say nice job for fixing so many of the old little annoyances. The one thing thread was a marvelous idea.

Paisheng
10-19-2016, 11:02 PM

First thank you devs for the monk pass.

Now that tainted bonuses to ac and saving throws apply to everything I am wondering if we will see these bonuses visibly on our character sheets in the ac icon and the saves icon.

Second -- do the +1 at core level 3, the +2 at level 12 and the +3 at level 20 stack? So at capstone is it the saves and ac have improved a total to 3 each or have they accumulated so that it is +6? I used to think 3 but someone in the monk threads said it is +6. Anyone know for sure?

Damien_Vampyre
10-19-2016, 11:58 PM
I don't post on the forums much, but have been playing since beta. Would like to say if even half of these notes work correctly when the update comes out I will be a very happy person. These are some of the best patch notes i have seen to date! Keep up the good work everyone!

skorpeon
10-20-2016, 01:48 AM
Looks good, I was thinking this would be next week. Early is good

I read something about the crit multipliers to town weapons being fixed, but was there any fix that I missed to ranged weapons? I stopped playing ranged and just decon the weapons as they were not applying elemental and alignment damage? I may have missed this fix, its been a while.

GroundhogDay
10-20-2016, 02:29 AM
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, October 20th to release Update 33: Return of the Night Revels.

Who cares?

Loromir
10-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Who cares?

I care....and apparently many others care too.

Cynical much?

FranOhmsford
10-20-2016, 07:37 AM

Magical Beats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MnELifX3sQ

dunklezhan
10-20-2016, 08:01 AM
Magical Beats?

Wow. I remember taping that one off the radio when I was waaaay ?younger. Flashback time...

Svartelric
10-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Oh, the irony.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q800/svartelric/typo_zps5ebs4gg4.jpg (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/svartelric/media/typo_zps5ebs4gg4.jpg.html)

Propane
10-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Diversion no longer consumes Metitation charges to use.

Looking forward to this update - thanks!

Livmo
10-20-2016, 08:25 AM
TYVM for this!

Planar Shards, Outsider Tokens, and Draconic Runes now properly go into bags.

Too much BtC and I hate TRing because of inventory issues. 1st lifers all the way for the fun challenge and no TR hassle with inventory.

Typically I throw these away and never save them up for anything useful due to them slot hoggin and the trade in items being outdated, but I'm looking forward to finally being able to save up some Planar Shards. Yay!

Shindurza
10-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Items no longer do damage to Magical Beats. Some do, however, do damage to Magical Beasts.

Everything looked great in the Release Notes...then I saw this! Now what are we going to do when people start dropping Magical Beats and dance parties break out all over the place. How are we supposed to get any questing done if people can't put an end to the Magical Beats and get to the killing??!

On the plus side, we can eradicate any Magical Beasts that show up and try to crash our Magical Beats parties...

-Shin

Grandern_Marn
10-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Magical Beats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MnELifX3sQ

There's some Magical Beats Fran. :cool:

rustyscrew420
10-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Every Light Casts a Shadow is now +2[w], targets get 1d4 negative levels, and all nearby enemies get 1d2 negative levels immediately. This ability no longer applies negative levels to friendly targets....
hey now what if we had fun Neg lvl our party members and npcs... if you dont have death ward stay away from the monks

Gannicus
10-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Just read through the release notes;

I just wanted to say thanks for the last minute changes to the monk pass I know you guys have already been under a very tight deadline and getting some extra tweaks out must have been alot of work. Some of these tweaks bring the monk to a good place such as the prr in henshin cores and iron skin going to +20. Also wind stance being 12% and stacking with insightful nice.

Again thanks alot you guys really pulled it off I wasnt expecting tweaks to make it in this is an amazing surprise. Awesome work guys.

Cordovan
10-20-2016, 10:30 AM
The game worlds have reopened.

TeacherSyn
10-20-2016, 10:31 AM
The game worlds have reopened.

DAY-UM! Great work guys!

Time to go break it a little!

GroundhogDay
10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
I care....and apparently many others care too.

Cynical much?

Eh, meh, as soon as the wizard minority of the game will see there's someone out there who can do something they cannot, they will lobby for having it nerfed.

And still, i won't care about any news turbine might have to give for as long as they're gonna nerf non wizard classes for no reason (while still letting wizards wear heavy armor & tower shield running around with a bunch of store bought pots instakilling everything -talk about p2w-)

Cocomajobo
10-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Time to go break it a little!

Do you want to make me sad? =[

C-Dog
10-20-2016, 11:08 AM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

Well done, Scotty!

Svartelric
10-20-2016, 12:50 PM
This was very quick! Thanks!

HungarianRhapsody
10-20-2016, 01:07 PM

Critical Multiplier bonuses now work on Thrown weapons

Is this true?

Did someone test this before sending it live to confirm that Critical Multiplier bonuses actually do no work on Thrown weapons?

Cordovan
10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Heads up: We've discovered an issue where the Draught of Midnight is not currently functioning. We're working to unpublish it from the DDO Store, but since it can also be acquired in-game, anyone who spends their Night Revels ingredients on it should hang on to the potion until we get it working.

SirShen
10-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Heads up: We've discovered an issue where the Draught of Midnight is not currently functioning. We're working to unpublish it from the DDO Store, but since it can also be acquired in-game, anyone who spends their Night Revels ingredients on it should hang on to the potion until we get it working.

What about those that spent money?

Cleanincubus
10-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Any chance of some Free Lasting Night Revels Keys like last year?

New items this year, and the event's only going on for less that 2 weeks.

Elishia
10-20-2016, 07:24 PM

Wish this was announced in game or on login screen. Unfortunately my husband and i already bought and used ours before we found out it didn't work.

Ulfo
10-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Is this true?

Did someone test this before sending it live to confirm that Critical Multiplier bonuses actually do no work on Thrown weapons?

It's works now. Strange, but true! 8)

Elishia
10-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Since the update my Wraps of endless light, both level 12 and 20 no longer work like they should. The only part that works as it should is the light bringer and it will kill them on a vorp. However, the undead bane, brilliance and radiant blast do not work. When attacking with them it shows only a base damage with axiomatic symbol. Is anyone else having this issue?