PDA

View Full Version : 2016/2017 general suggestions - Please Turbine, read!

gamesupremacy
10-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Hi Turbine! First of all, sorry for my bad english, this is not my native idiom. Well, i play DDO since 2009 and i made another post years ago giving some suggestions. Im not the owner of that account anymore, i gave to my cousin and decided begin all the game again. I really hope the Turbine team read this post with attention and with opened mind, i really love this game, it is a work of art and offers an unique experience in PVE, i played a lot of MMORPGs and none of them compare to DDO. In this post i will write some suggestions, the objective is make happy people that play DDO from years and bring more people to this amazing game.

1 - Actually, DDO have lots of problems abut finding people to play together, and play together is the essence of Dungeons & Dragons. Full party bonus should become permanent, stimulating lots of options in LFM.

2 - Another possible solution for LFM, but too much radical is make obligatory have a LFM opened every time a player enter a quest. This solution have to be carefully studied or adjusted, but definitely LFM would be with a lot of active groups and people would have groups to all levels and quests. The game certainly would be better mainly for noobs, and would attract more people.

3 - Still talking about LFM that is one of big problems of DDO, Turbine could create a "DDO Legend" (or any other name) status for few players in each server, this status give some buffs and is reached opening groups on LFM. Depending on the quest opened (short, long, very long, raid), the frequency of the quest on LFM (less frequent the quest in LFM, more points give to the leader), difficulty opened and amount of players in the group, will make the party leader receive more or less points to compete to "DDO Legend" status, that change every month, so everyone will have the chance of compete opening lots of groups (mainly the not common on LFM) and mainly raids that are almost forgotten when another one is launched.

4 - DDO is a game with a huge content, but most of it is dead, never pops up on LFM. Definitely the way to make it playable again is not make an epic Version of heroic content, but give some prize for the leader that open LFM with quests almost never opened or a XP bonus for the party, this bonus increase more and more if the quest is a long time without appearing in LFM, or even craft ingredients from the new packs (but for craft the item need the new pack). This will increase turbine profit with the sale of old packs, and become the game even more miscellaneous. The amount of quests and raids forgotten is huge, and this discourages players to continue playing and purchasing old packs, mainly the beginners. Just remember, if the prize is not real considerable, the quests and raids will continue dead.

Important say that this suggestions could not work nice together, so is nice think on the best solution or even improve the ideas if the suggestion is accepted.

That solutions to LFM can perhaps solve lag problems. Imagine 6 players soloing Lords of Dust, 6 repeated quests running at same time at same server, imagine this happening with several quests. With a LFM solution these players will play together and therefore we will have less repeated quests running simultaneously on the same server.

It was recently announced that Ravenloft will be implemented on DDO. I have some suggestions that could be nice.

5 - Turbine is too much worried about including races in DDO, but why not include some subtypes, like vampire, or lycanthropy disease? I know we already have vampire for Palemaster, but is a magical way of become a vampire. Would be interesting, even more with Ravenloft coming, the vampire subtype. About lycanthropy, could work like a subtype too instead of disease. Well, just an idea, but i believe that this idea could become the game more rich in details. Just dont forget that is a subtype, so is not attached to a race or class. A sun elf barbarian, or human artificer, both could be vampires or werewolves. Remember that Turbine already have the werewolf 3D model in DDO.

6 - Please, never confuse races with classes! Iconic Heroes was a critical hit, but Purple Dragon Knight was a critical failure. Purple Dragon Knight should be a class, never a race. Race is like you were born, class is what you become through training or whatever. The almost perfect differentiation about classes and races and the liberty provided by this differentiation is one of the reasons for DDO success.

7 - Please continue and improve the DDO quest and raid exclusive mechanics of playing. I tested a lot of games and 99% of them consists in lot of players around a great boss with 1 million of HP and trying to survive and bring it down, or take things in a NPC and deliver to another, or craft, craft and craft, but DDO give all of us real challenges with puzzles, traps, possibilities of using the terrain for strategies, and the unique mechanics of fight again bosses, that often requires objectives beyond just reduce the boss HP to 0. Please never miss this great DDO trait.

Tank you very much for this communication channel and the opportunity of making this game better and better with Turbine! Congratulations on the excellent work done so far!

willviper
10-18-2016, 07:26 PM
http://gifsanimados.de/img-gifsanimados.de/a/aplausos/gif-aplausos.gif

oowen
10-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Excellent! I really hope Turbine pay some attention on your suggestions, DDO is a great game with a lot of potential, but unfortunately the game can be discontinued soon if lfm solutions are not implemented. So many quests and raids unplayed! :(

Wh070aa
10-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Xp bonus for putting up LFM's for rarely run quests is a great idea.

Now just make the quests not fail if someone goes afk.

gamesupremacy
10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Now just make the quests not fail if someone goes afk.

We still have ignore list, pikers exist now and will exist forever, up to us educate them =p

Krelar
10-19-2016, 12:19 PM
2 - Another possible solution for LFG, but too much radical is make obligatory have a LFG opened every time a player enter a quest. This solution have to be carefully studied or adjusted, but definitely LFG would be with a lot of active groups and people would have groups to all levels and quests. The game certainly would be better mainly for noobs, and would attract more people.

I have mixed feeling about some of your other ideas but forced LFM's when entering a quest would be awful. If i don't put up an lfm it's usually for a reason. One of the more frequent reasons is that I know I am going to get interrupted a lot but want to play a bit anyways. (Step into quest, oops need to afk for a minute. Clear the next room, oops wife got home with groceries be back in 5 minutes after i help her unload and put away. Next room, oops kid needs something be back in 1-10 minutes.... Either the group would get really fed up with waiting for me and quit, or they would just run the quest without me which kind of defeats the point of me playing at all.)

gamesupremacy
10-19-2016, 12:53 PM
I have mixed feeling about some of your other ideas but forced LFM's when entering a quest would be awful. If i don't put up an lfm it's usually for a reason. One of the more frequent reasons is that I know I am going to get interrupted a lot but want to play a bit anyways. (Step into quest, oops need to afk for a minute. Clear the next room, oops wife got home with groceries be back in 5 minutes after i help her unload and put away. Next room, oops kid needs something be back in 1-10 minutes.... Either the group would get really fed up with waiting for me and quit, or they would just run the quest without me which kind of defeats the point of me playing at all.)

Like i said before, is a radical idea, and it is only a base idea, certainly need adjustments. In your example, a simple text in LFM could solve the problem, people would know that you are a bit busy, who hit LFM will be aware of your situation. I can secure you that the main reason for experienced players don't put up LFM is because they just don't need more people, they already know everything that is needed to finish the quest and have the power to do the quest alone and fast, but they forget...

1 - If really love DDO, give opportunity for noobs learn quests too, all game need new players.
2 - Many new DDO players abandon the game just cause they don't find partners to play.
3 - Sometime in the past the experienced player probably entered a group to learn the quests schemes.

Turbine knows the real higher reasons (not generalizing) for experienced players don't put up LFM, an example of this was the removal of death penalty. After this measure things became better but they are still far from ideal.

Krelar
10-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Like i said before, is a radical idea, and it is only a base idea, certainly need adjustments. In your example, a simple text in LFM could solve the problem, people would know that you are a bit busy, who hit LFM will be aware of your situation. I can secure you that the main reason for experienced players don't put up LFM is because they just don't need more people, they already know everything that is needed to finish the quest and have the power to do the quest alone and fast, but they forget...

1 - If really love DDO, give opportunity for noobs learn quests too, all game need new players.
2 - Many new DDO players abandon the game just cause they don't find partners to play.
3 - Sometime in the past the experienced player probably entered a group to learn the quests schemes.

Turbine knows the real higher reasons (not generalizing) for experienced players don't put up LFM, an example of this was the removal of death penalty. After this measure things became better but they are still far from ideal.

I guess I assumed that you would have to accept people if you were forced to put up an LFM. If you can just not accept people then you are going to trade an empty LFM panel for one that is full of LFMs but you either get declined or ignored for 90% of the ones you try to join because the people didn't actually want to put up lfms in the first place.

gamesupremacy
10-19-2016, 01:20 PM
I guess I assumed that you would have to accept people if you were forced to put up an LFM. If you can just not accept people then you are going to trade an empty LFM panel for one that is full of LFMs but you either get declined or ignored for 90% of the ones you try to join because the people didn't actually want to put up lfms in the first place.

But this is the idea, the forced LFM accept automatically those who hit, but nothing prevents you to put a text on it. I know that a forced LFM have a lot of questions, like bravery bonus, classes needed, and other questions, but i believe Turbine is able to organize all these questions. Remembering that this is only a base idea, maybe this is not the solution, or maybe is only the base of the solution.

Krelar
10-19-2016, 01:52 PM
But this is the idea, the forced LFM accept automatically those who hit, but nothing prevents you to put a text on it. I know that a forced LFM have a lot of questions, like bravery bonus, classes needed, and other questions, but i believe Turbine is able to organize all these questions. Remembering that this is only a base idea, maybe this is not the solution, or maybe is only the base of the solution.

So it is as bad as I thought. No solution is going to involve people being forced to group when they don't feel like it. incentives to group up are fine, forced is going to drive even more people away.

gamesupremacy
10-19-2016, 02:07 PM
No solution is going to involve people being forced to group when they don't feel like it. incentives to group up are fine, forced is going to drive even more people away.

Maybe you right, that is why i called radical idea, like a last breath, and said that would have to be improved. But in my opinion i still believe that instead of making experienced players leave the game this idea could make them readapt to group and bring/keep new players to the game. Remembering that group is the essence of Dungeons & Dragons, and currently is a "survival" question for our loved MMORPG, but certainly many other possible solutions can be implemented.

bls904c2
10-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Maybe you right, that is why i called radical idea, like a last breath, and said that would have to be improved. But in my opinion i still believe that instead of making experienced players leave the game this idea could make them readapt to group and bring/keep new players to the game. Remembering that group is the essence of Dungeons & Dragons, and currently is a "survival" question for our loved MMORPG, but certainly many other possible solutions can be implemented.

the only way i see the experienced players leave is if they get banned for trolling the new people. i see the new people leaving quickly because of how mean the experienced players can be.

i have seen many times soul stones at beginning of quests because its believed to be a waste of a scroll on dead weight in the party. i have seen experienced players agro monsters and deliever them to a party member while they hit dipo. invisi and sneak off laughing as the monsters kill the party member. i have seen soul stones dropped into lava pits. i have watched experienced players invisi run the quest leaving everything behind them. i have watched experienced players get red alert to see who can survive it and leave those who don't behind. i have seen experienced players throw grease down at the feet of party members and watch them die as monsters attack them

no i see lots of new players leaving in a mass exodus if the experienced players are forced to play with lfms they don't want.

gamesupremacy
10-21-2016, 05:13 PM
no i see lots of new players leaving in a mass exodus if the experienced players are forced to play with lfms they don't want.

Lots of new players? Sorry, but we dont have lots of new players...I was of many guilds, and at least in my server, in guild lists, and groups and raids, names are always same. If Turbine do nothing to bring/keep new people to the game, believe-me, this game will be discontinued soon.

And supposing forced LFM become real in DDO, is better new players adapt to the experienced players crazy way to play, then adapt to log in, look in LFM find nothing and log out.

And i wrote lots of suggestions, this is not the main, like i said, is a last scape.

i have seen many times soul stones at beginning of quests because its believed to be a waste of a scroll on dead weight in the party. i have seen experienced players agro monsters and deliever them to a party member while they hit dipo. invisi and sneak off laughing as the monsters kill the party member. i have seen soul stones dropped into lava pits. i have watched experienced players invisi run the quest leaving everything behind them. i have watched experienced players get red alert to see who can survive it and leave those who don't behind. i have seen experienced players throw grease down at the feet of party members and watch them die as monsters attack them

Man, people in your server are cruel! lol