PDA

View Full Version : Fireball, Soundburst and other SLAs targetting

Wipey
10-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Playing a savant after three years, almost forgot how useless and impractical EA Soundburst is, requiring a target.
Why is SLA Fireball coded differently than spell version, or basically every aoe nuke ?

Requires a target, otherwise it just goes over mobs heads. But if you play aggressively - herd mobs then "aim at feet" you often get "not facing" or "not in reach" or whatever the message nonsense is.
Pain in the arse to use.

Could at least those two ( surely there are more ) SLAs get same targetting as their spell versions ?
Perhaps Harm and Inflicts could lose "facing your target" restrictions too ?

HastyPudding
10-09-2016, 02:51 PM
I would like this, too. And, while we're at it, I would like spells like mass hold to actually work without hard-targeting something first. It's annoying to have to click on an enemy, see that enemy killed while you're casting mass hold, and then your mass hold goes off and does absolutely nothing. If mass hold could be solf-targeted, like dancing ball, symbols, or web then the quality of life would go through the roof.

Feralthyrtiaq
10-10-2016, 06:46 AM
This lands ALL the time for me when jump casting at soft targeted mobs with the targeting reticule in the middle-ish of the pack.

cru121
10-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Similar problem as in the OP also applies to Arcane Blast (T5 archmage). IIRC it does not require a hard target, but without a target, it shoots in a horizontal line - even if you're facing down.