PDA

View Full Version : Button: Delete Forum Account

GoMeansGreen
10-08-2016, 09:15 PM
I don't see how to delete my forum account.
Is this functionality present?

[there is no question-mark icon in the Post Icons list]

:confused:

blerkington
10-09-2016, 01:16 AM
I am also interested in this, but for deleting other people's forum accounts.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know as soon as possible. I promise to use my powers for (the greater) good.

Thanks.

GoMeansGreen
10-09-2016, 02:31 AM
I am also interested in this, but for deleting other people's forum accounts.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know as soon as possible. I promise to use my powers for (the greater) good.

Thanks.

i appreciate your positivity
i see 'contact us' at the bottom, perhaps that will help move this along

GoMeansGreen
10-09-2016, 02:40 AM
so i did 'submit' a ticket, after following the path from the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page, lol

I am wondering: will all my posted content be deleted? i hope so

blerkington
10-09-2016, 04:29 AM
i appreciate your positivity.

Careful, or you might get some positive rep and no longer be true neutral.

Perhaps you could send a PM to Cordovan. I expect he would be able to help you with this.

Thanks.

Stoner81
10-09-2016, 06:19 AM
In vBulletin users do not have the ability to delete their own accounts, that can only be by the boards administrators (generally anyway).

Stoner81.

cdbd3rd
10-09-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't see how to delete my forum account.
Is this functionality present?
....edit....

*Removed "why?" pic. I see "why" now...

... I am wondering: will all my posted content be deleted? i hope so

That's a self-help option. Go to each of your posts, click "Edit", then click "Delete".

After that, don't post any more and you'll effectively have no visible forum account.

edit: Should really consider this option.^^

Cordovan
10-09-2016, 11:59 AM
We don't delete forum accounts, but have and will issue voluntary bans to people who truly feel they need additional assistance to not log in and post. These bans can be lifted in the future through our support system, although if you annoy us with constantly wanting to be banned and unbanned, we may eventually ask you to make a decision on the matter.

lifestaker
10-09-2016, 03:40 PM
We don't delete forum accounts, but have and will issue voluntary bans to people who truly feel they need additional assistance to not log in and post. These bans can be lifted in the future through our support system, although if you annoy us with constantly wanting to be banned and unbanned, we may eventually ask you to make a decision on the matter.

So I could make a special request to get banned from the forums, or act in a way to aggravate you to the point of getting banned. Hmmmmm... the options. Personally I am closer to the later option, but mostly for being good at being ignorant at times, normally with alcohol involved.

Cordovan
10-09-2016, 09:03 PM
So I could make a special request to get banned from the forums, or act in a way to aggravate you to the point of getting banned. Hmmmmm... the options. Personally I am closer to the later option, but mostly for being good at being ignorant at times, normally with alcohol involved.

The difference is the former will get you unbanned in the future if you like, while the latter may not. :)

GoMeansGreen
10-10-2016, 12:25 AM

ok, then; i can live with it; perhaps delete all my content, idk

how bout second forum accounts? is that a thing?

PermaBanned
10-10-2016, 02:23 AM
We... have and will issue voluntary bans to people who truly feel they need additional assistance to not log in and post.That's both hilarious and eloquent, but begs the question: how many folks have truly felt they "needed additional assistance...?" I mean, wow that request has actually been made?

HastyPudding
10-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Are you seriously making this big of a stink because of the other thread? Honestly...

Cordovan
10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
That's both hilarious and eloquent, but begs the question: how many folks have truly felt they "needed additional assistance...?" I mean, wow that request has actually been made?

I've personally done it a half dozen-ish times. There are folks with Internet addiction issues that have reached out to help them make a change in their life.

Impaqt
10-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Wow. You are way out of line in that other thread. You do realize Hasty has nothing to do with DDO development right? those are just his personal ideas. Hes allowed to post whatever he wants.

If you dont want your posts out there anymore, go to them and delete them yourself.

HungarianRhapsody
10-12-2016, 08:31 AM
I've personally done it a half dozen-ish times. There are folks with Internet addiction issues that have reached out to help them make a change in their life.

That's awesome and I'm glad some people were able to take that step to make a change for the better.

HungarianRhapsody
10-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Second forum accounts are verboten and not kosher.

HastyPudding
10-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Second forum accounts are verboten and not kosher.

He just changed his name. It's comic gold, that is.

Steve_Howe
10-12-2016, 10:14 AM
He just changed his name. It's comic gold, that is.

I noticed that, too.

Anyway, HE didn't change it. Cordovan did, I'm guessing, at the OP's request.

HastyPudding
10-12-2016, 10:44 AM
I noticed that, too.

Anyway, HE didn't change it. Cordovan did, I'm guessing, at the OP's request.

I fail to see how this changes anything. All of his old posts are now under his new name.

Steve_Howe
10-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I fail to see how this changes anything. All of his old posts are now under his new name.

It doesn't...as long as you actually LOOK at the old posts.

cdbd3rd
10-12-2016, 01:51 PM
It doesn't...as long as you actually LOOK at the old posts.

Well, actually the drama in this thread prodded me to go look through Hasty's thread beyond the first info posts...

Now I'm kinda wondering.... *rethinks comment* ... well, maybe that the OP should consider that voluntary option Cordo mentioned.

GoMeansGreen
10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Well, actually the drama in this thread prodded me to go look through Hasty's thread beyond the first info posts...

Now I'm kinda wondering.... *rethinks comment* ... well, maybe that the OP should consider that voluntary option Cordo mentioned.

just not going to post here anymore, at least not with this account; i guess there is a sort of 'new generation' of d&d players that ddo reflects; i am not one of them

i might try a second forum account if i actually feel interested in saying something relevant about the game

HastyPudding
10-13-2016, 02:18 PM
just not going to post here anymore, at least not with this account; i guess there is a sort of 'new generation' of d&d players that ddo reflects; i am not one of them

i might try a second forum account if i actually feel interested in saying something relevant about the game

So you're going to throw a temper tantrum because people don't agree with you that AD&D is superior to all other forms of D&D?

Classic example of:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c76e21b39e09b8992e9b92f7f387501e99cd90b8ea709357c 819942808377d4.jpg

Steve_Howe
10-13-2016, 02:32 PM
So you're going to throw a temper tantrum because people don't agree with you that AD&D is superior to all other forms of D&D?

Agreed. AD&D was GREAT...36 years ago.

GoMeansGreen
10-14-2016, 05:40 AM

no
i would prefer to wash my hands of it, which would be deleting the forum account, but ddo refuses to do this, although they did give me a name change, which is just something i felt like doing, tired of the old name; green is the better way

people are uppity here and like republicans (meant to say elephants here) have long memories and hold grudges
so, posting 'anonymously', as in with a new account that nobody knows, is a way of getting past the hate
to have unbiased conversations

but mostly i just don't like you people, though there are surely a few who are more sane than not
i'm fairly sure i won't be even viewing this forum again
the wiki is good enough for what i need