PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Saturday, October 1st 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
09-30-2016, 11:59 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Saturday, October 1st for a hotfix. This will correct an issue with quest Ransack.

Phores
10-01-2016, 05:51 AM
Pretty much the exact time I was going to be streaming DDO...
YAY...

For future generally is there no way to automate this so it hits neither US or EU prime times?

Mobiusss
10-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Pretty much the exact time I was going to be streaming DDO...
YAY...

For future generally is there no way to automate this so it hits neither US or EU prime times?

This is an exception, for a relatively critical patch that is needed. They warned of this yesterday, and by the dev tracker were working through the night to deliver this patch ASAP.

Phores
10-01-2016, 06:26 AM
This is an exception, for a relatively critical patch that is needed.
A lot of patches are during EU midday or start at east coast 9 AM which hints at it being a manual start in the morning.
A scheduled task could move it earlier during the mostly dead Asian times and be set to finish up as people come in.

Mobiusss
10-01-2016, 06:33 AM
A lot of patches are during EU midday or start at east coast 9 AM which hints at it being a manual start in the morning.
A scheduled task could move it earlier during the mostly dead Asian times and be set to finish up as people come in.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479288-Enough-about-the-PED-nerf-get-to-fixing-the-Ransack-Issue-ASAP?

Fedora1
10-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Hotfix on a Saturday... just really?

Boombastic
10-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Hotfix on a Saturday... just really?

would you prefer to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of exp instead? bc the hotfix is for that. ill take the ~4-5 hrs of downtime if it means my exp/hour isnt REKT over the weekend

Sarzor
10-01-2016, 07:59 AM
would you prefer to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of exp instead? bc the hotfix is for that. ill take the ~4-5 hrs of downtime if it means my exp/hour isnt REKT over the weekend

Actually, I'd take the xp hit and let them fix it Monday morning. I haven't been on in weeks and probably won't again for weeks, and I get on 12 minutes before the downtime.

Annex
10-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Thank you to all the developers working to quickly resolve and patch the quest ransack issue.

Boombastic
10-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Actually, I'd take the xp hit and let them fix it Monday morning. I haven't been on in weeks and probably won't again for weeks, and I get on 12 minutes before the downtime.

well im betting youre a minority in this respect then. I personally dont want my exp neutered all weekend long

kmoustakas
10-01-2016, 08:10 AM
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Saturday, October 1st for a hotfix. This will correct an issue with quest Ransack.

Thank you!

Mobiusss
10-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Personally, I am hoping that they pull a Scottie and have it restored in say, an hour and a half.

Nissebror
10-01-2016, 08:15 AM
well im betting youre a minority in this respect then. I personally dont want my exp neutered all weekend long

XP are so easy to get - that I too would have like to play more for less XP

HuneyMunster
10-01-2016, 08:23 AM
XP are so easy to get - that I too would have like to play more for less XP

XP is only half the problem as the issue was causing getting no valor or seed for end rewards.

JackLV
10-01-2016, 08:35 AM

I wouldn't mind waiting untill Monday either

Fedora1
10-01-2016, 08:41 AM

I'd prefer that a huge bug like this didn't get overlooked in the testing of the previous update that actually caused it. Understanding that "things" happen and no one is perfect, maybe doing the hotfix beginning at 5AM instead of 9AM? It was ready well before 9AM as mentioned here:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479298-XP-Bonus-and-Upcoming-Downtime#post5879072

Jumiyo
10-01-2016, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't mind waiting untill Monday either

Weekends are prime play time for me and friends - Oh well... Same.

Qhualor
10-01-2016, 08:57 AM
*something tells me that regardless of when downtime is scheduled, someone is unable to play and would come here to complain.

I am appreciative that the devs worked through the night to quickly figure out a fix to quest xp and Comms/seeds. it impacted my play and hopefully in a few hours it will all be fine again.

*see every downtime thread posted in DDOs history

Hawkwier
10-01-2016, 09:01 AM

Good to see the rapid response and focus on fixing this.

Well done devs.

Now I'm away for a wee lie down as having praised the devs twice on two days, I'm clearly not myself! :)

maddong
10-01-2016, 09:04 AM
So before this downtime my experience:

I hadn't noticed anything until turning bravery bonus on (it had been off for a long time). Then I was ENTERING quests I hadn't run in a long time with -40% ransack (this happened to be in a group).

The next day I turned bravery bonus off and played solo. I ran different quests I hadn't run in a while and started with no ransack. As soon as I hit 1 optional I went to -20% ransack. Additional optionals did not raise the ransack.

You need to have optional ransack not affect your quest ransack at all (it just ransacks the optionals separately). Hopefully that is your fix. Hopefully there isn't something with bravery bonus toggling also.

Livmo
10-01-2016, 09:18 AM

I'm not complaining, because I understand the nature of the work. And I'm very happy the ransack issue is being jumped on right away. There also seems to be a problem with end reward lists. However, I didn't pay as much attention to that, as I did the ransack.

I'm not unhappy, but certainly noticed that I got less XP than I normally do on a Fri. night.

There might be an issue with end reward lists as well.

Most important, Thank You! DDO for fixing this right away!

\m/

Cocomajobo
10-01-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm not complaining, because I understand the nature of the work. And I'm very happy the ransack issue is being jumped on right away. There also seems to be a problem with end reward lists. However, I didn't pay as much attention to that, as I did the ransack.

I'm not unhappy, but certainly noticed that I got less XP than I normally do on a Fri. night.

There might be an issue with end reward lists as well.

Most important, Thank You! DDO for fixing this right away!

\m/

I believe the issue with end reward lists you are describing was a side effect of the ransack issue. My understanding is that it should now also be resolved.

Cordovan
10-01-2016, 09:51 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Just a quick reminder that since we did a fast turnaround on reopening the worlds, guild airship amenities will take up to an hour to repopulate on your airship. The +20% Heroic and Epic XP Bonus remains active through October 2nd, along with the +50% Guild Renown boost.

Kelcha
10-01-2016, 09:56 AM
thx for reopening

SiliconScout
10-01-2016, 10:06 AM

Could not agree more!

Livmo
10-01-2016, 10:23 AM
I believe the issue with end reward lists you are describing was a side effect of the ransack issue. My understanding is that it should now also be resolved.

The game worlds have reopened. Just a quick reminder that since we did a fast turnaround on reopening the worlds, guild airship amenities will take up to an hour to repopulate on your airship. The +20% Heroic and Epic XP Bonus remains active through October 2nd, along with the +50% Guild Renown boost.

Yay! TYVM!

And TYVM for the overtime!

Loot, XP and renown!

Mobiusss
10-01-2016, 11:20 AM

Scottie lives! ;) Many thanks for the quick turnaround.

Tscheuss
10-01-2016, 12:35 PM

I stayed up late so I could sleep through the downtime, but thanks for the quick work. :)

Angoin
10-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Game up. Can log in, but show no characters after update. Character create works, but my old characters are absent??

Angoin
10-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Game opens, but none of my characters are available when I log in. HELP!

Angoin
10-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Game up. Can log in, but show no characters after update. Character create works, but my old characters are absent??

Fixed it

shady2191
10-01-2016, 03:59 PM
This is my first every post. I have been playing since 2009. You had a glitch and am not sure it lasted. That glitch costed players a tremendous amount of xp, especially if they log in for five, six hours a day, EVERY day since YOUR bug has been happening. I have not seen a single xp pot or twelve if it warrants it. Im sure you can check the logs of every player that has suffered the loss xp. Seems like you haven't.
On another note, your crafting system is fairly nice, but the question remains in my eyes.......How come there is no way to put holy on a weapon as you used to could?, you have to be level 250 and beyond to craft a weapon? It seems to me that YOU are gonna make it impossible to craft on that system unless a player is going to have to purchase **** from the store to be able to craft most items of worthiness. It seems like what players that you have left that has stood the test of time with this game, is going to be crapped on. Thanks

jaedom
10-01-2016, 06:20 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

Hi my party is in Search and rescue and all the collectables say no object found even trying q/u does not work is this a known issue or just a fluke?

Tscheuss
10-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi my party is in Search and rescue and all the collectables say no object found even trying q/u does not work is this a known issue or just a fluke?

I had the same problem with that quest on HE before the update. Did you bug it?

Nissebror
06-15-2017, 12:57 PM
xxxx

UurlockYgmeov
06-15-2017, 12:59 PM
/necro