PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Thursday, September 29th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
09-28-2016, 03:30 PM
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, September 29th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 32 Patch 1. This update includes several bug fixes. Release Notes will be available during the downtime.

FYI: There's a good chance we'll be up before 1:00 PM, but we'll let you know. The update includes fixes for several unbound shards, adding Implement bonuses to scaling weapons, adding Mythic bonuses to Slavers crafted items, and a couple of other things.

Therrias
09-29-2016, 08:12 AM
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, September 29th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 32 Patch 1. This update includes several bug fixes. Release Notes will be available during the downtime.

FYI: There's a good chance we'll be up before 1:00 PM, but we'll let you know. The update includes fixes for several unbound shards, adding Implement bonuses to scaling weapons, adding Mythic bonuses to Slavers crafted items, and a couple of other things.

Are the release notes up yet?

sudzz
09-29-2016, 08:42 AM

Those release notes would be nice to pass the time with :-)

jackp0
09-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Im sure i read somewhere not sure where about release notes being available

Eryhn
09-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Im sure i read somewhere not sure where about release notes being available

"during the downtime" implies that sometime before the servers come back up somebody will (probably) go to the enormous trouble of opening some text doc, pressing CTRL +A, CTRL +C, login into webpage, opening some template page for release notes, press some button named *edit* press CTR+P, then press some button *save* - CTRL+C the url of the updated release note template page, log into forums, press 1 button to create a new thread, write one threadtitle, 1 sentence, CTRL +P the url of the updated webpage, done.

due to the complex nature of the task at hand, expectations for this to be completed 5 minutes after downtime are usually unrealistic....

edit: at least that might be it assuming we have proper documentation of which intended fixes or changes did or did not make it into the build that finished compiling over night. this of course, in turn, may also be an unrealistic expectation, so maybe things rly cant be helped :D

sudzz
09-29-2016, 09:21 AM
"during the downtime" implies that sometime before the servers come back up somebody will (probably) go to the enormous trouble of opening some text doc, pressing CTRL +A, CTRL +C, login into webpage, opening some template page for release notes, press some button named *edit* press CTR+P, then press some button *save* - CTRL+C the url of the updated release note template page, log into forums, press 1 button to create a new thread, write one threadtitle, 1 sentence, CTRL +P the url of the updated webpage, done.

due to the complex nature of the task at hand, expectations for this to be completed 5 minutes after downtime are usually unrealistic....

Considering files are now patching and that it has been more than an hour since the server closed, it is considerably more than 5 mins lol

Eryhn
09-29-2016, 09:26 AM
Considering files are now patching and that it has been more than an hour since the server closed, it is considerably more than 5 mins lol

well, a realistic outline *could* be that as soon as servers go down, somebody picks up the phone and starts asking around which fixes or changes DID make it in. then for some of those, further documentation like wiki may be needed to make sure to have a grasp what they are about. then, the actual documentation which turns into release notes, is currently being written as servers are down?

poor fella, dont envy the job :D

edit: i mean, considering we on our end only will need 1 minute to read stuff, truthfully speaking, there rly is no need for us to have the notes prior to 1min before we log back in?

then again, im currently tinkering with the crafting planers gear master, and i would like to finish the outline of a level 18 gearset within next half hour or so cause then i got stuffs to do. and it would be nice to know *right now* will insight deadly be fixed and go on trinket? but in the grand scheme of things, this might be negligible worries

MrJHawk
09-29-2016, 09:33 AM

Well I checked what should the URI should be if it followed past naming schemes but just got a 404.

https://ddo.com/en/update-32-patch-1-release-notes

https://ddo.com/en/update-32-patch-1-release-notes-0

jackp0
09-29-2016, 09:36 AM

edit: at least that might be it assuming we have proper documentation of which intended fixes or changes did or did not make it into the build that finished compiling over night. this of course, in turn, may also be an unrealistic expectation, so maybe things rly cant be helped :D

wow what a rant lol 5 mins i thought was 50 my bad my maths s out

Cordovan
09-29-2016, 09:53 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you.

Eryhn
09-29-2016, 09:56 AM
well, ill take servers back up 2h early over the release notes, ty lol

though i still have to go and work now, damn

JOTMON
09-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Crafting
• Unbound Vampirism, Vitality, and Keen shards now give their correct shards when crafted.

Items
• All scaling weapons that should have a Spellcasting Implement bonus now have the bonus automatically. Greensteel augments are not affected by this change.
• The Legendary Slave Rags and Legendary Slave Master's Staff now have the word Legendary in their names.
• Cannith Challenge gear now has its proper minimum levels.
• Against the Slave Lords crafted items (Shackles, Five Rings, Collar), and their Legendary counterparts, are now able to have Mythic bonuses crafted onto them.
• Update 32 gear that has set bonuses applied to them now properly applies those set bonuses. The items may need to be unequipped and re-equipped if you had them equipped.
• Skill tomes and skill upgrade tomes can no longer be traded in for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments. Since these items are possible to acquire when a character is first created (due to being bundled with expansion packs), it opened up an exploit that allowed players to create character after character to get an unlimited number of Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments.

Quests and Adventure Areas
• Optional Objective ransack now works properly.

Cordovan
09-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-32-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes. Sorry about the delay, was...challenging...navigating traffic to work today.

sudzz
09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
well, ill take servers back up 2h early over the release notes, ty lol

though i still have to go and work now, damn

Backup 1 hour early, was supposed to be 1pm EST so 12 noon EST is only 1 hour, still nice, but still no release notes so we don't know what got fixed or not?

Ninjad on the rel notes lol

Krelar
09-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Backup 1 hour early, was supposed to be 1pm EST so 12 noon EST is only 1 hour, still nice, but still no release notes so we don't know what got fixed or not?

Ninjad on the rel notes lol

The worlds reopened at 10:53am Eastern not noon.

Saekee
09-29-2016, 11:10 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you.
Thanks! maybe update the OP?

HuneyMunster
09-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-32-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes. Sorry about the delay, was...challenging...navigating traffic to work today.

"Skill tomes and skill upgrade tomes can no longer be traded in for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments"

Could be be possible to make skill tomes that are from daily dice roll become unbound? I have a fair number of these and didn't get around to convert to ebberon dragonshards. Often get these on high rolls which always seems like rolling a 1 when I get them.

Or at least restrict people from using btc skill tomes as other tomes will not be effected. It would only prevent them being used from creating characters for tomes as well as saga reward tomes.

JOTMON
09-29-2016, 11:42 AM
"Skill tomes and skill upgrade tomes can no longer be traded in for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments"

Could be be possible to make skill tomes that are from daily dice roll become unbound? I have a fair number of these and didn't get around to convert to ebberon dragonshards. Often get these on high rolls which always seems like rolling a 1 when I get them.

Or at least restrict people from using btc skill tomes as other tomes will not be effected. It would only prevent them being used from creating characters for tomes as well as saga reward tomes.

Its a crippling blow to the use of skill tomes..
Saga farms now reduced in usefulness.. jsut an xp bonus farm...unless you still care about guild levelling..
The bound tomes are a burden on society..

Please retroactively change all skill tomes to be unbound.. at least then we could give them away...

Sinthoras
09-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Cannith Challenge gear now has its proper minimum levels.

well i did have tier3 ones with masterful craftmanship ... masterful craftmanship has no effect now though. and i did not get the augment slots of the new varient. so in fact i have tier1 items :-(

Mglaxix
09-29-2016, 07:44 PM
well i did have tier3 ones with masterful craftmanship ... masterful craftmanship has no effect now though. and i did not get the augment slots of the new varient. so in fact i have tier1 items :-(

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/476838-Cannith-Crafting-Discussion-Part-2?highlight=old+gear

I must have misread this part of Noworries post.......

All items created with old Cannith Crafting will remain as is when the new system goes in. However, all of the old recipes will be gone at that time.

I made a full gear setup as well with masterful craftsmanship keeping the above post from Noworries in mind. Now I have gear that is not up to date ie power level, or reduced min level. But hey the good news is I can go farm some more mats and get level 20 base gear with no applied upgrades so I can do some more farming to gain back what I lost again. Tsk Tsk Tsk I hope for a fix......

Don't look now but all the Icy Burst kits I applied to my weapons no longer seem to be dropping the min level either.

As Gomer Pile would say....

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPIRSE