PDA

View Full Version : How is the power distributed on new crafting?

Tscheuss
09-13-2016, 02:40 PM
On old Cannith Crafting, we chose how power was distributed between +, prefix, and suffix for any given minimum level. WoPs would likely not have a + just to keep the ML low, whereas we might put a +2 on an elemental or a +1 on a burst.

So how does this work on the new system? If I just put a scaling prefix on an item, will it have twice the power than if I also added a scaling suffix? Does each slot get max benefit for a given ML regardless of how many of the slots are filled?

I used to start with a basic weapon, craft Masterful and a prefix, play until I leveled up some, add a suffix, level up some more, then add a +. It looks like we can't do that any more. :(

HungarianRhapsody
09-13-2016, 02:51 PM
On old Cannith Crafting, we chose how power was distributed between +, prefix, and suffix for any given minimum level. WoPs would likely not have a + just to keep the ML low, whereas we might put a +2 on an elemental or a +1 on a burst.

So how does this work on the new system? If I just put a scaling prefix on an item, will it have twice the power than if I also added a scaling suffix? Does each slot get max benefit for a given ML regardless of how many of the slots are filled?

I used to start with a basic weapon, craft Masterful and a prefix, play until I leveled up some, add a suffix, level up some more, then add a +. It looks like we can't do that any more. :(

The way things work now, you add a prefix and a suffix (and a third effect if you have a Cannith mark). If you leave one of those off, it does not make the other pieces any more or less powerful. Crafting an item with just a prefix and no suffix (or vice versa) is just wasteful now. Go ahead and throw on both of those and then pick whatever ML you choose to determine how beefy those effects will be.