PDA

View Full Version : FvS/Warlock progression?

Six_Gun
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
I want to get a few Favored Soul lives done, not going to be doing Epics with them, just want the heroic past lives.

I am thinking of doing a 12/8 split and have taken the first 4 levels as Warlock, but I'm not sure when I should start taking Favored Soul levels or if it even really matters.

Any suggestions?

cru121
09-02-2016, 02:23 PM
artificer 1 / warlock 9 / whatever 10. in this order. con + int. Use repeaters early.
swap artificer to barb if you value run speed more than traps XP.

Xathris
09-05-2016, 08:33 PM
artificer 1 / warlock 9 / whatever 10. in this order. con + int. Use repeaters early.
swap artificer to barb if you value run speed more than traps XP.

You can ignore Cha (for warlock and FVs)?

ZeebaNeighba
09-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Don't dump charisma when leveling up a warlock. 1-2 DC on pact saves is worth way more than 1-2 spellcraft. Especially when the pact damage is fire which can be boosted by Angel of vengeance stuff. Int would primarily be for skill points / traps.

Take the favored soul levels at the end because the first few favored soul levels offer almost nothing offensively, at least compared to warlock. Because of that, you should also take as few favored soul levels as possible.

Xathris
09-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Don't dump charisma when leveling up a warlock. 1-2 DC on pact saves is worth way more than 1-2 spellcraft. Especially when the pact damage is fire which can be boosted by Angel of vengeance stuff. Int would primarily be for skill points / traps.

Take the favored soul levels at the end because the first few favored soul levels offer almost nothing offensively, at least compared to warlock. Because of that, you should also take as few favored soul levels as possible.

Would it make sense to do 2 lvl of arts for rune arm? If you have 9/9 Warlock/FVs, wouldn't FVs get the past life due to the alphabetical order thing?

I could of sworn there was an enhancement that turned eldritch blast to "evil" hence light damage. Did they take that out?

unbongwah
09-06-2016, 10:59 AM
If you have 9/9 Warlock/FVs, wouldn't FVs get the past life due to the alphabetical order thing?
http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life_Feats

Favored Soul does take precedence over Warlock, but note that it's not purely alphabetical. The F2P classes come first alphabetically, then the P2P classes; but they are ordered more-or-less chronologically by release date, except druids come last, even though they came out before warlocks.

Xathris
09-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Favored Soul does take precedence over Warlock, but note that it's not purely alphabetical. The F2P classes come first alphabetically, then the P2P classes; but they are ordered more-or-less chronologically by release date, except druids come last, even though they came out before warlocks.

Thanks! Good to know. I wouldn't be too happy if I was surprised when I TR'd!

Six_Gun
09-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Thanks, I never really understood how the TR priority worked in regards to classes. I guess I'll go 10/10 split just to get my FvS pastlives.

Cheers