PDA

View Full Version : Visage Of Terror

ifumoveudie
08-26-2016, 07:46 PM
So after looking at the Kundarak Krasher build that our resident Dwarf king posted, I have a few questions. First, Con modifier+1/2 Barb level+10 for the Will save. Is there anything that can bump this, as far as metamagics, is it considered a spell like ability, and besides dumping everything I have into Con? I am currently playing a closed comparison to this build, and I have been procing good on it even in epic content, but I would like to get my DC for the save up to around 90 or 100 if I can. Right now it is sitting at 59, but those **** dirty Drow keep saving......... Any help with this that is offered is appreciated. An idea where I am with this toon, level 21, +7 Supreme Tome, +8 Con, +3 Insightful Con, +2 Festive Con, plus all the Con bumps from enhancement trees and raging. My Con runs about 70ish when buffed and raged. This is a TYWA Dwarf, if you hadn't noticed. Thanks.

Blastyswa
08-27-2016, 12:06 AM
So after looking at the Kundarak Krasher build that our resident Dwarf king posted, I have a few questions. First, Con modifier+1/2 Barb level+10 for the Will save. Is there anything that can bump this, as far as metamagics, is it considered a spell like ability, and besides dumping everything I have into Con? I am currently playing a closed comparison to this build, and I have been procing good on it even in epic content, but I would like to get my DC for the save up to around 90 or 100 if I can. Right now it is sitting at 59, but those **** dirty Drow keep saving......... Any help with this that is offered is appreciated. An idea where I am with this toon, level 21, +7 Supreme Tome, +8 Con, +3 Insightful Con, +2 Festive Con, plus all the Con bumps from enhancement trees and raging. My Con runs about 70ish when buffed and raged. This is a TYWA Dwarf, if you hadn't noticed. Thanks.

Some of these suggestions are only at level 30, while some others work all the time, but:
1. If you can keep tenser's up decently well, thats +4 constitution.
2. Primal Scream can be twisted for +5 constitution, assuming you're not in fury of the wild.
3. Depending on how much of the other goodies you take, going Fury of the Wild or Legendary Dreadnought can get you +5-6 constitution.
4. If you twist constitution in, try and do it with echoes of the ancestors, so you get additional HP and +1 STR for your to-hit bonus.
5. Yugo pots are a minor DPS loss, but would increase your constitution by +2.
6. The upcoming update includes a +8 insightful constitution trinket as well as craftable +17/+4 constitution/quality constitution items, which would give you 17 more constitution than what you currently have.
7. I haven't tested this personally, but have you tried using Draconic Presence from Draconic Incarnation? It adds +3 to the DC of fear based spells, which might or might not include Visage, I don't know.

ifumoveudie
08-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Some of these suggestions are only at level 30, while some others work all the time, but:
1. If you can keep tenser's up decently well, thats +4 constitution.
2. Primal Scream can be twisted for +5 constitution, assuming you're not in fury of the wild.
3. Depending on how much of the other goodies you take, going Fury of the Wild or Legendary Dreadnought can get you +5-6 constitution.
4. If you twist constitution in, try and do it with echoes of the ancestors, so you get additional HP and +1 STR for your to-hit bonus.
5. Yugo pots are a minor DPS loss, but would increase your constitution by +2.
6. The upcoming update includes a +8 insightful constitution trinket as well as craftable +17/+4 constitution/quality constitution items, which would give you 17 more constitution than what you currently have.
7. I haven't tested this personally, but have you tried using Draconic Presence from Draconic Incarnation? It adds +3 to the DC of fear based spells, which might or might not include Visage, I don't know.

As this is a barbarian build, I will have to scroll Tensors, but I did not realize the bonus from there. I am capped in Legendary Dreadnought and Unyielding Sentinel on this toon, I am going to ETR for Fury, so I can grab Primal. I have a +24 Con item from Legendary Shroud, that I have yet to be able to equip, but will swap when I am surrounded by mobs. I will have to look into the Draconic Presence thing, that might just work. Thanks.

painkiller3
11-07-2016, 04:56 PM

how do you intend to not run out of rages? it seems like a huge investment for something you can only use a handful of times between shrines

adrian69
11-08-2016, 06:09 PM
how do you intend to not run out of rages? it seems like a huge investment for something you can only use a handful of times between shrines

Before Barbarian update, quite a few players over on Khyber ran VoT builds for PLs. Most of them did fairly well early epics, but fail off by 26ish in EE content. There's certainly more con than two years ago, but you're probably only looking around +4-7 more on the DC of VoT. As far as I know, other than a Primal destiny adding +3 DC for 6 barb levels, nothing else adds to the DC other than con.

I personally don't think they're worth it.

Tilomere
11-09-2016, 02:02 PM

As far as I know, other than a Primal destiny adding +3 DC for 6 barb levels, nothing else adds to the DC other than con.

Visage of Terror is not a spell. I don't see how either of these should work?

adrian69
11-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Visage of Terror is not a spell. I don't see how either of these should work?

Primal Counts as 6 levels of Barbarian right? I don't know it would increase +3 as I've never tried VoT, but if VoT is half barb level + con, it couldn't hurt to try and see if it counts for 3 DCs.

bjones0064
05-27-2017, 11:18 AM

I prefer the barbarian dwarf higher con over the half orc but the half orc you can open locks which is no where a high demand skill.

My VOT Build equipment list
Mythic Emerald Helm (For Str)
Epic Locus of Vol +4 stacking
yugo pots +2 Con or Str
Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords +8 Insightful
Legendary Scales of Avarice Qual +4 Con and qual phys shelt
Arm of the Aggressor +18 Con
Gauntlets of the Aggressor +20 Doublestrike
Cerulean Guard Insightful phys Shelt
(Now your choice of legendary GS belt) or Epic Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance /// Epic Chord of Reprisals

I didnt have any problems doing legendary epics and had loads of fun. Alot of people even bragged about my VOT DC in Legendary quests.

Marshal_Lannes
07-18-2017, 08:17 PM
I don't know about building for it but I've had a lot of success with VoT. Now I don't run much EE anymore (what's the point except for Saga I guess) but it consistently lands in EN and EH so if you're doing Epic Past Lives it's quite a nice tool to have. You never run out of rages so you don't need to worry about that. I think I have 13 so maybe I need 3 at the most between shrines leaving 10 uses. It even works in Legendary Shroud and Tempest Spine (on normal) and again, this is as a human without really going all out for it. I wouldn't worry about trying to reach 90 or whatever. Anything in the 60s will do just fine for the majority of content. I actually think its a great ability now. It's not earth shattering but its a fine ability that makes questing easier. Also note that even if it doesn't PK them it stuns them.

ifumoveudie
01-19-2018, 10:03 PM
After playing with this for quite a few lives, I have sat down and done the maths and gotten to a fairly good DC on VoT. At my current build, i would have a Con of at least 106, so that would make the DC a 73 in LD, and I am sure there is more Con out there, but I can't find it. But I have tested several of the ideas posted, and found that running in LE can be almost 70% hit on VoT, and anything lower is almost 100% of the time.