PDA

View Full Version : Question about using plat to reset Epic Destiny points

Vulgari_
08-24-2016, 12:12 PM
How is the plat cost of resetting points in an Epic Destiny calculated?

After coming back from an extended break, I noticed that the plat cost for resetting the points in my Epic Destinies differs based on the ED. One has a cost of 22,500, another was at 32k and change, and yet another was in the 30k range but different than the 32k one. All of my destinies were maxed out before I left.

I thought there was a period of time where the cost of resetting would reset to a base cost. IIRC, the enhancement resets would reset to the base cost after three days or so. Is that not the case with EDs?

Saaluta
08-24-2016, 01:31 PM
It seems to differ depending on how many you change in the same day(time period). The first one will be base cost, the 2nd a bit higher, and the third even higher...and on and on, until it resets again after the 3 day period. So if you reset 3 EDs in one day, there will be a rising cost, but if you reset 1 on day 1 then the 2nd on day 4 there should be no cost difference. Also, if you reset 1 on day 1 and the 2nd on day 2, you will still get the rising cost until you wait 3 days. For most of us, this is one of the few things we still use plat for as once you hit 10th-13th level on a first life toon, you should be making plat hand over fist, much less if you have multiple TRs.

Saal :)

Sorry, that I can't give you the absolute calculations you asked for, but hope this helps a little bit.

Vulgari_
08-24-2016, 02:25 PM
I've only reset points in one ED in the past 3 months. Unyielding Sentinel. That cost me 22,500 plat. Checking with the Fatespinner now, resetting the points will cost me 28,049 a few days later.

However, resetting Magister which I haven't touched in over two years costs 41,250. Resetting Shadowdancer which I haven't touched in over two years costs 32,999. Resetting Grandmaster of Flowers which I haven't touched in over two years costs 37,949. Divine Crusader, the final one I maxed, is 24,749. I could give more examples but in my case there doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern for plat costs, unless the system is keeping track of each reset and not reducing the cost back to base over time. Or unless resetting of one ED affects the costs of resetting another ED. But if that is the case, why are EDs that I haven't reset in over two years if ever, do not have the same cost?

The game says that the plat cost increase "decays over time" but doesn't specify the actual decay rate. I would think the decay rate would be exhausted over the course of a year let alone two.

TPICKRELL
08-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Do you have the same number of points spent in the various trees? I'm not sure the relationship but I vaguely remember that the number of points spent made a difference. It may also be the the levels of effects purchased by the points makes a difference.

Vulgari_
08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Do you have the same number of points spent in the various trees? I'm not sure the relationship but I vaguely remember that the number of points spent made a difference. It may also be the the levels of effects purchased by the points makes a difference.

Yes, for the examples I gave. All the points in the EDs I noted are maxed at 24 points spent. I have a couple that are not fully spent because they were reset in one of the updates while I was gone, and I haven't gotten around to re-allocating the points. But I didn't use them (Draconic for sure and Exalted I think) in my examples. Draconic did have a significantly lower cost, under 10k I think.

Enoach
08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
From my observations the following effect costs...

Number of points being reset
How often you reset the points

It appears to follow the same logic of the Resetting of the Enhancement Trees.

To me the system seems to be set up in a way to encourage "fixing" choices but becomes punitive if trying to use the system to maximize your abilities depending on the content you are running such as changing all your enhancements every 3 quests etc.