PDA

View Full Version : Update 32 on Lamannia: Against the Slave Lords

Cordovan
08-18-2016, 01:50 PM
UPDATE: Lamannia is now open!

We will be updating Lamannia shortly to release a preview of Against the Slave Lords, the next classic pack coming to DDO in Update 32. We'll let people know when Lamannia has reopened, but expect it to open for preview of the new adventure pack later this afternoon.

We have also scheduled another dev event to chat with players on Lamannia and answer questions. The event will happen tomorrow, Friday, August 19th from 7:00 - 9:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Lamannia. Use /joinchannel devchat to direct specific questions to us during the event.

Against the Slave Lords can be found in the Hall of Heroes. There are Heroic and Epic quest arc NPCs near the portal to the adventure.

Lamannia character copy is once again available as well. The Lamannia Character Copy tool can be accessed from the Lamannia game client.

Please use this thread to offer us your feedback, or create a new topic in our Against the Slave Lords forums here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/279-Against-the-Slave-Lords).

UurlockYgmeov
08-18-2016, 02:45 PM
launches Lamannia client...

wmdearmond
08-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Patch has downloaded when are they going to open up lamannia?

UurlockYgmeov
08-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Patch has downloaded when are they going to open up lamannia?

SOON™er™isH™! :eek::cool::p:D:cool:

Cordovan
08-18-2016, 05:24 PM
Lamannia is now open! Click here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-8-18-16)) for the updated Release Notes.

Ziindarax
08-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey, how do you work the character copy now? I do not see an option to transfer my characters at all. Please help (not sure why detailed instructions weren't posted with the new copy system - you say launch lamannia, but then you don't tell us how to do the copy! >:( )?

Lynnabel
08-18-2016, 05:30 PM
Hey, how do you work the character copy now? I do not see an option to transfer my characters at all. Please help (not sure why detailed instructions weren't posted with the new copy system - you say launch lamannia, but then you don't tell us how to do the copy! >:( )?

Character Copy is available via the Lamannia client. There should be a big orange "COPY" button there.

Cordovan
08-18-2016, 05:36 PM

Sorry, it was switched off by accident. Normally it should be a big button on the Lamannia client once you've logged in. It'll return shortly.

Ziindarax
08-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Character Copy is available via the Lamannia client. There should be a big orange "COPY" button there.
Edit: Cordovan ninja-posted on me. Hope this gets fixed soon.

IntrepidBear
08-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Sorry, it was switched off by accident. Normally it should be a big button on the Lamannia client once you've logged in. It'll return shortly.

ah, just came back to check, did not find the copy anymore;

was wondering where the copy went... thought I was going daft.. lol..
thankyou for putting it back !! :D

Qhualor
08-18-2016, 05:39 PM

nevermind

Ziindarax
08-18-2016, 05:45 PM
How long does it take for the character copy to complete?

Evin_Drake
08-18-2016, 05:47 PM
Saw in release notes CC had more completed. So, before I ran to check out the new quests, stopped to look at CC. I see deathblock, underwater action and some other non-scaling shards were added. Still missing Keen/Impact and vampirism tho... Still incomplete or is this WAI?

Now, onto new content! :D

Draculetta
08-18-2016, 06:16 PM

Step 1 - Launch Lamannia
Step 2 - Log In

Step 3 - http://i.imgur.com/BKrjo7e.jpg

Step 4 - Click On Copy

UurlockYgmeov
08-18-2016, 07:06 PM
How long does it take for the character copy to complete?

Faster than Jimmy John's Delivers....

and right now - only VIP's can access the new quests.... Guest passes are not being delivered either. Can't find it in premium store.

UurlockYgmeov
08-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Level 400!

The_Human_Cypher
08-18-2016, 10:28 PM
I did all three quests on Lamannia this evening. While they are very good, I was somewhat disappointed that there are no new monsters in the content. Not even Goblins. The Cavelings are represented by Taken (I pictured them closer to Wildmen). The quests are more based on A1 to A3 than a close retelling of the modules due to the lack of the unique creatures that were originally featured.

Evin_Drake
08-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Quick note; end reward options for completing chain on legendary were three, level two items.

PsychoBlonde
08-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Who voiced this pack? He sounds familiar for some reason, but I can't place it.

UurlockYgmeov
08-18-2016, 11:59 PM
Who voiced this pack? He sounds familiar for some reason, but I can't place it.

http://geekandsundry.com/critical-role-episode-49-a-name-is-earned/

do you hear his voice here? Its a critical role if you do! :P

PsychoBlonde
08-19-2016, 12:20 AM
I found some slaves after an Ogre Chieftan and I can't talk to them, they just have String Table Errors.

The bit in part 2 with the mirror weirded me out because it's not solid--I could walk through it.

I really think the Enraged Caveling ought to look like a Flesh Golem, not a Taken, since it's a golem.

The lever crystal in Markessa's double's room didn't open the door to the next part, so I had to use the secret doors to go around. Also, there was a gap in the wall next to the door that looked really trashy. Is there supposed to be a door to part 3 after Markessa's room?

Blodgett in part 3 says "Things we were going fine until we entered this cave . . ."

It's spelled "Flunky" not "Flunkie"

When I went for a swim in the glowing water in part 3 to get at the chest it broke my game somehow and I started randomly teleporting around the room, my viewpoint got stuck on the surface of the water and I couldn't swim up or down. Took me a while to get back out. Very strange.

I don't know WHAT was supposed to happen with the part 3 end fight, but whatever it was, it didn't. I wound up with Stalman Khim standing there braindead with 98% damage reduction just staring at me while I beat on him for 3 solid minutes doing tiny amounts of damage per hit.

I also got 3 level 2 items as my legendary end reward.

Overview:

Parts 1 and 2 were so visually boring that I almost fell asleep mid-quest. They need some kind of jazzing up. I mean, really, my brain kept saying, "So, what's your favorite part, the brown tunnels, the grayish-brown castle, or the revenge of the brown tunnels?"

Part 3 is MUCH better.

The level 28 slave master's staff doesn't say "legendary" on it and only does 1.5[w]--I know it's a caster implement, but still.

The new armors look AWESOME.

PsychoBlonde
08-19-2016, 01:15 AM
This ladder ain't right:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/JMeganSnow/ScreenShot00064_zpsiknghxdr.jpg

(I submitted as a bug)

The_Human_Cypher
08-19-2016, 09:11 AM
I really think the Enraged Caveling ought to look like a Flesh Golem, not a Taken, since it's a golem.

If there is still time, I would replace the Taken for the Cavelings and use Wildmen or Flesh Golems (or something else). The Taken are not a good fit, even though they are "twisted."

There also seems to be a Caveling optional section in A-2 that has not been completed in the build that is on Lamannia. Two Taken / Cavelings stand before a door, do not attack, and the door is sealed. I hope that this optional is added in the final version that goes live as the Caveling storyline is quite frightening.

All three quests have some very good visuals that have never appeared before in DDO. The graveyard in A-1 looks great and some of the fortress areas in A-2 are very detailed and realistic. Once these quests are finished, they will be a welcome addition to the DDO Classics catalogue.

Cocomajobo
08-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Faster than Jimmy John's Delivers....

and right now - only VIP's can access the new quests.... Guest passes are not being delivered either. Can't find it in premium store.

This should now be resolved!

UurlockYgmeov
08-19-2016, 01:44 PM
This should now be resolved!

Thank you!

Cordovan
08-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Gloink getting underway shortlee.

UurlockYgmeov
08-19-2016, 07:20 PM
gloink getting underway shortlee.

:p

slarden
08-21-2016, 07:43 PM
I ran the chain LE solo. The end fight in the last part was definitely challenging - will need a few more runs to figure out how to optimize it. My only complaint is that with the all the debuffing you did nothing to debuff the easy button high hp high prr. If anything it just makes those things more important.

I ended up with the following after 30 min running through the first quest aimlessly looting and then running the full chain LE.

Crafting ingredients for Slave Lord crafting
- 31 legendary broken shackle (unbound)
- 23 legendary chain links (unbound)
- 14 legendary shattered symbol of slave lords (bound to account)
- 11 legendary broken collar (unbound)
- 9 legendary staff spliter (bound to account)
- 10 legendary frayed leather (bound to account)

Collectibles for Cannith Crafting
- 5 Flint Knife
- 7 Crypt Moth
- 4 Ancient Text
- 5 Brass Censer
- 1 Archaic Logbook

Seems like it will be quite the grind but I am ok with it. The items are effectively raid loot in terms of power. It raises caster DC by 5 above what it is now in theory although slotting everything is quite a challenge. So for a 5 piece set maybe 100+ runs LE to make it.

So if I make alot of slave lord crafting gear I should have no problem with cannith crafting collectibles :)

Can we have the release on Tuesday please.

Cordovan
08-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Thanks again, everyone, for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from more of you in the coming days. We've now closed Lamannia for this preview. We expect to get another build to Lamannia in the coming weeks, and will have more information on that as we get closer to re-opening Lamannia.

slarden
08-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks again, everyone, for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from more of you in the coming days. We've now closed Lamannia for this preview. We expect to get another build to Lamannia in the coming weeks, and will have more information on that as we get closer to re-opening Lamannia.

Does this mean the release is delayed to September now? Hopefully that means with the extra time you can lower the cost of prefix/suffix cc crafting shards for casual players - possibly raising the bonus shard cost as an offset.

Steelstar
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
I ran the chain LE solo. The end fight in the last part was definitely challenging - will need a few more runs to figure out how to optimize it. My only complaint is that with the all the debuffing you did nothing to debuff the easy button high hp high prr. If anything it just makes those things more important.

HP and PRR won't really help you against any of the debuffs being thrown in that fight.

However, I can't contest the fact that having a lot of hit points and defense will help you live longer than not having those things. That's how they're supposed to work? :)

TPICKRELL
08-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Does this mean the release is delayed to September now? Hopefully that means with the extra time you can lower the cost of prefix/suffix cc crafting shards for casual players - possibly raising the bonus shard cost as an offset.

Yeah sounds like it is. Severlin said Sept 13th was the target date in the stream with the DDO Damsels last week.

slarden
08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
HP and PRR won't really help you against any of the debuffs being thrown in that fight.

However, I can't contest the fact that having a lot of hit points and defense will help you live longer than not having those things. That's how they're supposed to work? :)

First of all thank you for the response and the great pack.

High HP and PRR/MRR seem highly useful in that fight although I only ran it once and I did have solid hp/prr/mrr. How would an assassin's skills like deception and aggro reduction help? And what options do they have for raising hp /prr/mrr for that fight? It used to be if an assassin used their skills well they could avoid alot of damage. It's really tough with all the aoe and cleave type attacks to make use of those skill now in boss fights. Aggro or not you are getting hit for alot if you are close.

Of course perhaps after a few more runs I will learn more and might have a different perspective. I just was glad I didn't try and run the chain with an assassin first.

I think there should be more trade-off between defense and dps. 15% or so dps loss isn't enough to become effectively immune to death.

slarden
08-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah sounds like it is. Severlin said Sept 13th was the target date in the stream with the DDO Damsels last week.

Ah well - I am really looking forward to the release. On the plus side it gives people a chance to accumulate more essences by breaking down items and Turbine can look at recipe costs a little.

UurlockYgmeov
08-22-2016, 04:43 PM

And bringing friends with a lot of hit points and defense and healing spells also helps! :P

Taimasan
08-22-2016, 05:09 PM

Day after my cake day cool.

pjw
08-22-2016, 10:09 PM
What I liked

Some of the visuals
The concept
Shrine placement seemed sensible

What I disliked

Most of the visuals; like ToEE it feels more like a cobbled together effort using the "cheap and easy" stuff
Where's the level design? OK, it's based on a module...but that's no excuse for what is a set of more or less linear quests with the most flimsy story and support. Like ToEE before it, its the ghost of the skeleton of something that might have once been great.
The final end fight? 98% DR...yeah that's fun. End fights should be about adrenaline, not making cups of coffee while on auto-attack.
Why would anybody live in or build this vast pointless empty space? More paved corridors than rooms.
The ToEE-style groups of set-piece encounters that feel like a designer walked in the space and said "plonk 1 encounter every 40 feet". CF Waterworks where guards ring bells, some kobolds are asleep and can be walked past. This stuff is no longer good enough.
Doors that ONLY unlock when key enemy dies....seriously? Still doing this?
MORE collectibles? Srsly? And I don't just mean the new Cannith ones.
The town with the inn. It *should* have been a new area where during the quests we are disguised and afterwards it's accessible and could have a wilderness etc etc (Like Korthos). Or perhaps Weyloon. Instead it's a barren wasteland with guards plonked here and there for flavour. No guard house. No alarms.

When I look back on past quests in DDO (MoTU series 1 & 2, Epic TBC and even classics like Waterworks or Tangleroot) I think of their relative complexity. Even the linear ones managed to feel non-linear, and the Tangleroot series (pretty linear!) created a module feel bar better than this new offering.

I can't help but feel this romance with classic modules should end. Re-hire the designers from MoTU days (or earlier) and give them a brief to build something new and fun.

Sorry to be so negative, but this is the first new pack in a while that I most likely won't be buying.

Ellihor
08-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Mobs should have more HP and do more damage, and should add something that requires teamwork to complete (not talking about stat levers or pull togheter levers). Make it so a 3 man party will likely wipe.

SisAmethyst
09-04-2016, 07:46 AM

When I look back on past quests in DDO (MoTU series 1 & 2, Epic TBC and even classics like Waterworks or Tangleroot) I think of their relative complexity. Even the linear ones managed to feel non-linear, and the Tangleroot series (pretty linear!) created a module feel bar better than this new offering.

I can't help but feel this romance with classic modules should end. Re-hire the designers from MoTU days (or earlier) and give them a brief to build something new and fun.

Sorry to be so negative, but this is the first new pack in a while that I most likely won't be buying.

While I do enjoy the dungeon crawling and wouldn't mind some empty corridors or some more collectibles I totally agree with the feel of quickly plugged together design. I do liked the honey trap which was an refreshing element but most of the quest lacks atmosphere. It already hurted me badly that the village before ToEE was gone and now once again the open space was cut down despite the fact that maps for this are already exist:
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/SisAmethyst/DDO/th_Slave_lords_isle_map.png (http://s794.photobucket.com/user/SisAmethyst/media/DDO/Slave_lords_isle_map.png.html)

And I agree that it could have been much more open space and a Wilderness Are. True not everybody enjoy Wilderness Zones, but it doesn't have to be as huge but as small as the size of Korthos Island or The Cerulean Hills with indeed the possibility to come back. After all the quest has been altered in the sense that the exploding Vulcano doesn't play a role anymore. Same goes for the city which is cut down to an unrecognizable part that one could have left it out alltogether, despite that also maps exists:
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/SisAmethyst/DDO/th_Slave_lords_city_map.png (http://s794.photobucket.com/user/SisAmethyst/media/DDO/Slave_lords_city_map.png.html)

It could have been made at least a bit like Sschindylryn where you as well can't explore all part's of the city as there are gates that don't allow us to continue. However Sschindylryn at least it feals bigger and more free, if I want to go left or right around the house. If you run out of time for this Quest then make it bigger on paper and shut down some gates to unfinished areas to allow yourself the option to extend it in a later update by opening additional space. Additional having peasants lurking around, which flee into the next houses when they see us, to make it feel more authentic. This way you not need to script NPC conversations and interaction for those and you could explain why all the doors are closed. Or as said, have alarm bells where Guards could summon more guards if the group doesn't use proper tactics (hold monster, hamstring, command, ...).

The premise of copieng an original quest should not only be to copy the essence of the story line and map but to also bring the feel and atmosphere. So I think the romance with the classic modules isn't wrong, but the way how it is translated should change.