PDA

View Full Version : Are the Costs between the Shards backwards.

Matsu_Ieyasu
08-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Currently if I decide to craft a Int Shard to put on a Minimum level 1 item for a new character:

I have to create two shards, A Bound Int Shard (100 essences, 15 ceramic bowls, 5 house sealed letters) and a bound minimal level shard (10 essences)
At level 10 I decide to create a new Int Item for the same character using a bound Int Shard (100 essences, 15 ceramic bowls, 5 house sealed letters) and a Minimum Level 10 Shard (100 essences)

Why is it that the Int Shard is the most expensive part in terms of costs, essences and collectables, rather than the minimal costs of the Minimum level shard?

From my perspective it would make far more sense if it was the other way around.

Bound Stat Shard - 100 essences - 10 Common Essences
Bound Minimum Level 1 Shard - 10 Essences and 5 Common Collectables
Bound Minimum Level 2 Shard - 20 Essences and 6 Common Collectables
Bound Minimum Level 10 Shard - 100 Essences, 15 Common Collectables and 1 Uncommon Collectable
Bound Minimum Level 11 Shard - 110 Essences, 15 Common Collectables and 2 Uncommon Collectables
Bound Minimum Level 20 Shard - 200 Essences, 15 Common Collectables, 10 Uncommon Collectables and 1 Rare Collectable
Bound Minimum Level 21 Shard - 210 Esseinces, 15 Common Collectables, 10 Uncommon Collectables and 2 Rare Collectables

As a sighed note I would use the Crafting items from various adventure packs to make non scalable effects.
UWA item - ______ and 2 Mystical Fish

dunklezhan
08-18-2016, 02:07 PM
It means that levelling your crafting is easier.

You level using ML shards (which you can then recrunch), and only use serious ingredients making the effects.

AnEvenNewerNoob
08-18-2016, 02:30 PM
It means that levelling your crafting is easier.

You level using ML shards (which you can then recrunch), and only use serious ingredients making the effects.

Is there xp decay on making ML shards over and over?

slarden
08-18-2016, 02:30 PM
They could add maybe a lesser intelligence (level 1-10), intelligence (11-20) and greater intelligence (21-30) shards and lower the cost for lower level shards, but the downside is that a simple system is more complicated.

The easiest simple solution is to lower collectible costs on prefixes and suffixes only. Bonus tier should be expensive regardless of level. The third tier is rare whether at level 4 or 30.

Is there xp decay on making ML shards over and over?

yes but after a few success with an xp potion you are on to the next one. At lower levels you advance after one success to the next min level shard. It takes more successes at higher levels. Key is always finding shard with lowest chance. 3% success offers best xp.

AnEvenNewerNoob
08-18-2016, 02:43 PM
They could add maybe a lesser intelligence (level 1-10), intelligence (11-20) and greater intelligence (21-30) shards and lower the cost for lower level shards, but the downside is that a simple system is more complicated.

The easiest simple solution is to lower collectible costs on prefixes and suffixes only. Bonus tier should be expensive regardless of level. The third tier is rare whether at level 4 or 30.

yes but after a few success with an xp potion you are on to the next one. At lower levels you advance after one success to the next min level shard. It takes more successes at higher levels. Key is always finding shard with lowest chance. 3% success offers best xp.

Cool. So pretty much like the old leveling where you gain a level every couple shards.
Run your alts through the crafting tutorial to get that pot now!

Honestly if you can level with essence only, that is pretty good. I'm sure by now anybody interested in crafting has at least 20k essence ready to go on day 1. Or more

slarden
08-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Cool. So pretty much like the old leveling where you gain a level every couple shards.
Run your alts through the crafting tutorial to get that pot now!

Honestly if you can level with essence only, that is pretty good. I'm sure by now anybody interested in crafting has at least 20k essence ready to go on day 1. Or more

Yes exactly, with 100% xp potion and 35% success booster it took exactly 205 crafting attempts to go from 1 to 311. Using the 10% boosters available from house C vendor if you have 50 favor also works, but is obviously slower and I found it frustrating to use those due to the lower success ratio. Using the store 35% boosters vs. the 10% house c boosters saved me about 30,000 essences but cost me 1350 turbine points.

It's up to each person whether they care more about conserving TP or conserving their essences - but the boosters aren't mandatory. On a fail you don't lose your full # of essences.

Unless they changed it the potions are btc from the crafting tutorial, but those are 75% - so very close to the 100% available through the store for 40 TP. That 75% potion is great for someone that values TP more than essences. 175% progress vs. 200% isn't a huge difference.

Krelar
08-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Unless they changed it the potions are btc from the crafting tutorial, but those are 75% - so very close to the 100% available through the store for 40 TP. That 75% potion is great for someone that values TP more than essences. 175% progress vs. 200% isn't a huge difference.

They are BTA, I now have 10 of them waiting on my crafter. The other rewards are BTC though so no stockpiling success boosters.

AnEvenNewerNoob
08-18-2016, 02:53 PM

Pots are bta. Boosters I think are btc.

Just read the leveling thread. Doesnt sound too bad to get there considering im in the 140s in all 3 now. 18 minutes works for me!

GoldyGopher
08-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Under this system items for high end characters have a similar cost to the current model, maybe a bit higher.
Lower items will see their costs greatly reduced.

Lower level items in theory would be more accessible to new to crafting players.

Wouldn't this make leveling up a crafter more difficult? I'm not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, but rather the current layouts is a repeat of the crude vials situation allowing quick easy pass to leveling.

How about the level for crafting the shards in the first place. Would that change?

AnEvenNewerNoob
08-19-2016, 08:27 AM
So a quick inventory check, I've got about 200K lessers and 10k greaters. (50K total new essence if the 5:1 ratio holds for lesser turn in)

9 of the 75% xp pots from the tutorial, 1 100% pot from a dice roll (use this first).

Hundreds of the 10% House C boosters.

Crafting levels 146/139/145.

I'm pretty sure that will get me leveled to 312 where at least I can make most BTA items hopefully. Little slower with the 10% boosters, but free!

slarden
08-19-2016, 09:02 AM
So a quick inventory check, I've got about 200K lessers and 10k greaters. (50K total new essence if the 5:1 ratio holds for lesser turn in)

9 of the 75% xp pots from the tutorial, 1 100% pot from a dice roll (use this first).

Hundreds of the 10% House C boosters.

Crafting levels 146/139/145.

I'm pretty sure that will get me leveled to 312 where at least I can make most BTA items hopefully. Little slower with the 10% boosters, but free!

If you have roughly the same luck I did in this test with 1 100% crafting xp potion and 10% house c success boosters you should be able to get there with about 30,000 essences. Just be sure to change the level range frequently so you can see the next high-xp min level option.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477767-My-experience-leveling-from-1-to-312-in-18-minutes-boat-load-of-essences-needed?p=5857952&viewfull=1#post5857952